Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,968 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP (9703 Views)

Edo: PDP Risks Losing Out As It Misses INEC Deadline For Shifting Of Primaries / Kanayo .O. Kanayo Disqualified By APGA In Imo Ahead Of Primaries / APC Releases Mode Of Primaries For 36 States, FCT [see Breakdown] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by jarawa: 5:24am On Sep 22, 2019
Crisis appears to be deepening within the ranks of the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Kogi State, ahead of the November 16 governorship election. The fresh crisis rocking the PDP is said to be a fallout of the party’s primary election, which saw the emergence of Musa Wada, an engineer, as the governorship flag-bearer for the November governorship election. Wada polled 748 votes to clinch the party’s ticket.

But the senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye, and Abubakar Ibrahim, son of a former governor of the state, Ibrahim Idris, kicked against the emergence of Wada and consequently petitioned the National Working Committee of the party. Abubakar scored a total of 710 votes to emerge second while Senator Melaye scored 70 votes at a primary poll conducted in Lokoja on September 3.

Senator Melaye said he rejected the outcome of the primary election on the ground that all the votes cast in his favour were not counted before gunmen disrupted the exercise. Daily Trust on Sunday learnt that both Melaye and Abubakar Ibrahim submitted their petitions to the party’s appeal committee, but the issue was not resolved in their favour. Consequently, Melaye turned down the appointment given to him by the party to serve as its campaign director-general for the November 16 governorship election.

The senator, who made his position public via a tweet stated, “Let me state categorically that I have turned down the position of director-general of the PDP Kogi State Governorship Campaign Council. I wish the PDP all the best. When truth is a casualty, there is chaos. Melaye’s reaction indicates that the Kogi PDP is divided, less than two months to the governorship election in the state. On his part, Abubakar Ibrahim, who came second in the primary election, also questioned the emergence of Musa Wada as the party’s flag-bearer.

He argued that he would have won if the election did not end violently. Meanwhile, Abubakar Ibrahim has gone to court seeking to be declared the candidate of the party. The spokesman of the Abubakar Ibrahim Campaign Organisation, Shaba Ibrahim, who briefed reporters on the legal action filed at the state High Court in Lokoja, faulted the processes that produced Musa Wada as candidate of the party.

“As democratic and law-abiding people, we have taken steps to seek redress within the confines of the law. We have approached the court to seek redress and it is because this matter is not otherwise subjudiced; we will not go into further details. “But suffice it to state that we have won.

We pray the court to declare Alhaji Abubakar Ibrahim the candidate of the PDP based on the valid votes recorded at the primary election,” he said. This is just as a former acting governor of the state and chieftain of the PDP, Chief Clarence Olafemi, has threatened to dump the party for the All Progressives Congress (APC) over an alleged injustice meted to him by the party’s leadership.

Olafemi, who was the campaign director-general to Abubakar Ibrahim in the last primary election, said the party had “cheated” him on several occasions; hence he could no longer pitch his tent with them. He said his recent visit to Governor Yahaya Bello was because of impunity in the PDP. He said he was one of the strong members of the PDP in the state, yet the National Working Committee of the party failed to recognise his input and efforts.

“I was the running mate to Jubril Isah Echocho in the 2015 governorship primary election of the party, but we were later replaced and they brought in Captain Idris Wada and Yomi Awoniyi as his running mate without any reason. “In the 2019 general elections, I was one of the senatorial aspirants from Kogi West, but I was denied the party’s ticket while they imposed Senator Dino Melaye, who just decamped from the APC.

“My governorship aspirant in the just concluded primary of the party, Alhaji Abubakar Ibrahim Idris, was denied the ticket of the party by some powers to be in the party, who gave victory to Musa Wada because they hate Alhaji Ibrahim Idris, the former governor of the state. “With all these impunity, how do you expect me to continue staying in the PDP? I am not the first person to decamp from one party to another.

President Muhammadu Buhari, and my mentor, Alhaji Abubakar Atiku, all decamped from one party to another. I am not going to be the first or the last. “I had a fruitful discussion with Governor Yahaya Bello and I am very satisfied with the outcome of our meeting,’’ he said. Meanwhile, a former governor of the state, Idris Wada and 9 other aspirants have resolved to support the party’s governorship candidate, Musa Wada.

The former governorship aspirants, led by Idris Wada, on Friday, September 13, unanimously adopted Musa Wada and pledged to work for his victory at the poll. Speaking in Abuja, Mohammed Shaibu said the aspirants had reviewed the circumstances that led to Wada’s emergence and decided to close ranks and work with him for the total victory of the party at the poll.

He said: “As members of the Kogi PDP 2019 G12, the urgent need for intra-party cohesion and unity of purpose at this critical moment is recognised. It is for this reason that the candidacy of Engr. Musa Wada is considered worthy of undivided support as the task to rebuild Kogi starts in earnest.

“Considering the reconciliation efforts of Engr. Musa Wada and his preparedness to actively partner with the 2019 PDP aspirants in Kogi State, the Kogi PDP 2019 G-12, without reservation, accepts him as a partner in progress in the liberation struggle and also accepts to work with him in the overall interest of the PDP and Kogi State.” Political analysts have described the crisis rocking the PDP few months to the governorship election in Kogi as a bad signal. They maintained that if not speedily resolved, the crisis could affect the chances of the party in the forthcoming election negatively.

There are fears that some of the aggrieved party stalwarts could move to the APC to scuttle the chances of the PDP in the election. In the meantime, the party’s leadership is also not leaving things to chances as it has commenced some fence-mending moves. The chairman of the PDP in the state, Sam Uhuotu, an engineer, recently inaugurated a reconciliation committee, with the task to identify all aggrieved persons as much as possible, so as to pacify and reconcile with them.

The committee has a former deputy governor of the state, Patrick Adaba as chairman, Kabiru Usman, a lawyer, as vice chairman, while Henry Ojuola, a lawyer, is to serve as secretary. Other members of the committee are Dr Stephen Olorunfemi, Chief John Odawn, Olori Margaret Orebiyi, Princess Grace Iye Adejo, Chief Roberts Audu, Hon Chief Moses Ado Okino, Prof Olugbemiro Jegede, Hon (Dr) Musa Ahmadu and Hon JJ Idachaba.

As it stands, the outcome of the reconciliatory efforts will, to some extent, determine how the PDP would fare in the forthcoming election in Kogi.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/aftermath-of-primaries-crisis-deepens-in-kogi-pdp.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by 360degree(m): 5:49am On Sep 22, 2019
I dey come.
Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by straighttalk(m): 6:19am On Sep 22, 2019
4 + 4

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by Abel29: 6:19am On Sep 22, 2019
Hmm
Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by ayodaisi: 6:19am On Sep 22, 2019
Aac should take over that party abeg. Wike is dealing with them gradually

4 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 22, 2019
enjoy your pdp mathematics

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by Onlinealaba(m): 6:22am On Sep 22, 2019
They should be more concerned with winning the elections then all these internal tussles..how senseful undecided

CHECK MY PROFILE, your electronics at best prices
Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by VirginSearcher(m): 6:23am On Sep 22, 2019
Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by edlion57(m): 6:28am On Sep 22, 2019
U guys are making the road smooth for buhari's boy..bello.they is a mole among una

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by Yohh: 6:28am On Sep 22, 2019
Anything PDP is doom.
The one time largest party in Africa needs rebranding.

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by Ruggedniggaone: 6:28am On Sep 22, 2019
bello will lose you can take it to bank

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by eki2000(m): 6:34am On Sep 22, 2019
Ruggedniggaone:
I dont think so anymore why cant matured people behave well

10 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by braveboy64(m): 6:35am On Sep 22, 2019
APC ALL THE WAY

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by Rapuru14: 6:36am On Sep 22, 2019
APC, I dey hail oo. The misunderstanding in PDP is not bigger than that of APC. APC is just clutching on the media to brighten their chances. But take it to the bank, PDP is very determined and focused on the task ahead. All differences would be summarily resolved
Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by anonimi: 6:38am On Sep 22, 2019
Ruggedniggaone:

Even with barawo bubu's remote control and Oshi-omo-Ole's pain of rigging?
Think am well Oga.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by Flyingngel(m): 6:53am On Sep 22, 2019
PDP going to election against a tout will not win with a divided house.
I don't know why PDP cannot conduct election without rancor.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by Crazeworld(m): 6:56am On Sep 22, 2019
So these people cannot forego their personal interest and join hands to oust Yahaya Bello?

Meanwhile, I'm available for your online documents and Print-out Slips. Check my signature
Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by Quality20(m): 7:02am On Sep 22, 2019
anyhow it goes. but how true is it that kogi ppl are just muslims by name? Are they voodoo practioners or what
Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by Ozid(m): 7:02am On Sep 22, 2019
Kogi politics is a very fragile and complicated one. This is the only state that vote based on sentiment and nothing else. An Igala man will align with any candidate from Igala descent irrespective of whether he has anything to offer or not same can be said about the Ebiras but with slight difference whereas the Okun would have been different based on their exposure and experience but they hardly get the required numbers to rule Kogi and partly based on their deceitful character.

Now back to the primary election left to me I would have preferred someone from Okunland to have won the primary election of PDP or APC. Igalas have always been the governor of Kogi state but what do they have to offer absolutely nothing then the goalpost was shifted to an Ebira person by virtue of luck yet the result didn't change either.

Only Kogites can solve this problem of bad leadership but will sentiment allow them to do the right thing.... only time can tell

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by sogodihno: 7:05am On Sep 22, 2019
We can now confirm that PDP is a thing of the past in this country. PDP in Nigeria? Never again.

APC will take Kogi and Bayelsa, Dickson is a useless governor, so it is a good change, Bello is also useless, but no one to put him in his place.

4 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by Enemyofpeace: 7:14am On Sep 22, 2019
All of una be thief and na sango the god of thunder go deal with una one by one

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by Enemyofpeace: 7:15am On Sep 22, 2019
sogodihno:
We can now confirm that PDP is a thing of the past in this country. PDP in Nigeria? Never again.

APC will take Kogi and Bayelsa, Dickson is a useless governor, so it is a good change, Bello is also useless, but no one to put him in his place.
what is the difference between the two political parties?

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by Enemyofpeace: 7:16am On Sep 22, 2019
Quality20:
anyhow it goes. but how true is it that kogi ppl are just muslims by name? Are they voodoo practioners or what
Na true my brother. Fear them o, especially igalas and igbiras. If you wan fok their babes no penetrate too much, so as not to sink inside, especially those ones wey dey wear beads

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by Jchi9876: 7:16am On Sep 22, 2019
Johnnyessence the serial loser cum Chi chumtin

Any candidate you support loses from Edo, Kwara, Ekiti, ondo,Lagos, Atiku to Osun

You done dey support Wada

Customer daada ni e

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by DeviIhimseIf: 7:18am On Sep 22, 2019
[s]
sogodihno:

[/s]
Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by teemey8(m): 7:21am On Sep 22, 2019
Bello will Win this election with a wide margin due to the chaos in PDP and the power at home (state)and abroad (Federal)

4 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by chiblaze07(m): 7:22am On Sep 22, 2019
This matter tire me.

meanwhile, I have something that may interest you.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, FOR SNAIL FARMERS AND THOSE INTERESTED IN SNAIL FARMING.

Filed under the category SNAIL FARMING BUSINESS: Read Everything about snail farming here

Have you been looking for a way to incubate your snail eggs so that you can hatch more snails for your snail farm?

Can I tell you something?

Hatching snail eggs is one of the easiest things to do in snail farming.

That’s why you don’t get to see many articles that give clarity to this topic.

They assume you should know how to hatch snail eggs by yourself without anyone teaching you.

In this article, I will take you through the entire process of setting up an incubator for snails eggs and also show you how to incubate snail eggs.

That’s not all!

I will also teach you how to care for the snail eggs while they are still in the incubator, and how you can track the hatching of new snails for business records.

At the end of this article, I have added a video that will show you practically everything you need to know about hatching snails eggs.

If you are ready, let’s dive right in!!

Read the full article - How to hatch snail eggs

Read other related articles on https://agro4africa.com

jarawa:
Crisis appears to be deepening within the ranks of the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Kogi State, ahead of the November 16 governorship election. The fresh crisis rocking the PDP is said to be a fallout of the party’s primary election, which saw the emergence of Musa Wada, an engineer, as the governorship flag-bearer for the November governorship election. Wada polled 748 votes to clinch the party’s ticket.

But the senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye, and Abubakar Ibrahim, son of a former governor of the state, Ibrahim Idris, kicked against the emergence of Wada and consequently petitioned the National Working Committee of the party. Abubakar scored a total of 710 votes to emerge second while Senator Melaye scored 70 votes at a primary poll conducted in Lokoja on September 3.

Senator Melaye said he rejected the outcome of the primary election on the ground that all the votes cast in his favour were not counted before gunmen disrupted the exercise. Daily Trust on Sunday learnt that both Melaye and Abubakar Ibrahim submitted their petitions to the party’s appeal committee, but the issue was not resolved in their favour. Consequently, Melaye turned down the appointment given to him by the party to serve as its campaign director-general for the November 16 governorship election.

The senator, who made his position public via a tweet stated, “Let me state categorically that I have turned down the position of director-general of the PDP Kogi State Governorship Campaign Council. I wish the PDP all the best. When truth is a casualty, there is chaos. Melaye’s reaction indicates that the Kogi PDP is divided, less than two months to the governorship election in the state. On his part, Abubakar Ibrahim, who came second in the primary election, also questioned the emergence of Musa Wada as the party’s flag-bearer.

He argued that he would have won if the election did not end violently. Meanwhile, Abubakar Ibrahim has gone to court seeking to be declared the candidate of the party. The spokesman of the Abubakar Ibrahim Campaign Organisation, Shaba Ibrahim, who briefed reporters on the legal action filed at the state High Court in Lokoja, faulted the processes that produced Musa Wada as candidate of the party.

“As democratic and law-abiding people, we have taken steps to seek redress within the confines of the law. We have approached the court to seek redress and it is because this matter is not otherwise subjudiced; we will not go into further details. “But suffice it to state that we have won.

We pray the court to declare Alhaji Abubakar Ibrahim the candidate of the PDP based on the valid votes recorded at the primary election,” he said. This is just as a former acting governor of the state and chieftain of the PDP, Chief Clarence Olafemi, has threatened to dump the party for the All Progressives Congress (APC) over an alleged injustice meted to him by the party’s leadership.

Olafemi, who was the campaign director-general to Abubakar Ibrahim in the last primary election, said the party had “cheated” him on several occasions; hence he could no longer pitch his tent with them. He said his recent visit to Governor Yahaya Bello was because of impunity in the PDP. He said he was one of the strong members of the PDP in the state, yet the National Working Committee of the party failed to recognise his input and efforts.

“I was the running mate to Jubril Isah Echocho in the 2015 governorship primary election of the party, but we were later replaced and they brought in Captain Idris Wada and Yomi Awoniyi as his running mate without any reason. “In the 2019 general elections, I was one of the senatorial aspirants from Kogi West, but I was denied the party’s ticket while they imposed Senator Dino Melaye, who just decamped from the APC.

“My governorship aspirant in the just concluded primary of the party, Alhaji Abubakar Ibrahim Idris, was denied the ticket of the party by some powers to be in the party, who gave victory to Musa Wada because they hate Alhaji Ibrahim Idris, the former governor of the state. “With all these impunity, how do you expect me to continue staying in the PDP? I am not the first person to decamp from one party to another.

President Muhammadu Buhari, and my mentor, Alhaji Abubakar Atiku, all decamped from one party to another. I am not going to be the first or the last. “I had a fruitful discussion with Governor Yahaya Bello and I am very satisfied with the outcome of our meeting,’’ he said. Meanwhile, a former governor of the state, Idris Wada and 9 other aspirants have resolved to support the party’s governorship candidate, Musa Wada.

The former governorship aspirants, led by Idris Wada, on Friday, September 13, unanimously adopted Musa Wada and pledged to work for his victory at the poll. Speaking in Abuja, Mohammed Shaibu said the aspirants had reviewed the circumstances that led to Wada’s emergence and decided to close ranks and work with him for the total victory of the party at the poll.

He said: “As members of the Kogi PDP 2019 G12, the urgent need for intra-party cohesion and unity of purpose at this critical moment is recognised. It is for this reason that the candidacy of Engr. Musa Wada is considered worthy of undivided support as the task to rebuild Kogi starts in earnest.

“Considering the reconciliation efforts of Engr. Musa Wada and his preparedness to actively partner with the 2019 PDP aspirants in Kogi State, the Kogi PDP 2019 G-12, without reservation, accepts him as a partner in progress in the liberation struggle and also accepts to work with him in the overall interest of the PDP and Kogi State.” Political analysts have described the crisis rocking the PDP few months to the governorship election in Kogi as a bad signal. They maintained that if not speedily resolved, the crisis could affect the chances of the party in the forthcoming election negatively.

There are fears that some of the aggrieved party stalwarts could move to the APC to scuttle the chances of the PDP in the election. In the meantime, the party’s leadership is also not leaving things to chances as it has commenced some fence-mending moves. The chairman of the PDP in the state, Sam Uhuotu, an engineer, recently inaugurated a reconciliation committee, with the task to identify all aggrieved persons as much as possible, so as to pacify and reconcile with them.

The committee has a former deputy governor of the state, Patrick Adaba as chairman, Kabiru Usman, a lawyer, as vice chairman, while Henry Ojuola, a lawyer, is to serve as secretary. Other members of the committee are Dr Stephen Olorunfemi, Chief John Odawn, Olori Margaret Orebiyi, Princess Grace Iye Adejo, Chief Roberts Audu, Hon Chief Moses Ado Okino, Prof Olugbemiro Jegede, Hon (Dr) Musa Ahmadu and Hon JJ Idachaba.

As it stands, the outcome of the reconciliatory efforts will, to some extent, determine how the PDP would fare in the forthcoming election in Kogi.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/aftermath-of-primaries-crisis-deepens-in-kogi-pdp.html

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by mercyviv(f): 7:29am On Sep 22, 2019
They'll always scramble to get their ambition realized under one platform but when they lose out, they quickly align with those on the other side. Nigerians kind of politics; no ideology, no principles!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by Staro: 8:09am On Sep 22, 2019
Ok
Re: Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP by TheShopKeeper(m): 8:21am On Sep 22, 2019
...very soon dino melaye will be ex-com from pdp...as he will become a liability...gradually his political influence within pdp is waning...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: Rachel Maddow- Nigeria's president is missing / IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah / Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.