Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State (802 Views)

Ayo Fayose Boards An Okada In Lagos To Avoid Missing His Flight (Photos) / Olajide Sowore Killed Near Okada In Edo State / Ekiti State Moves To Create LCDAs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by CGMedia: 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2019
The Lagos State Task Force on Sunday said it has impounded 4,500 motorcycles (Okada) from riders who had defaulted the state’s traffic law.

It said that it was was awaiting further directives from Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on whether to destroy them or not.

NAN reports that Head of Public Affairs Unit of the Agency, Mr Taofik Adebayo, disclosed this in a statement issued in Lagos on Sunday.

Adebayo said that the enforcement of the laws concerning the safety of lives regarding motorcycle riding in the state had drastically reduced the number of ‘okada’ casualties recorded in hospitals.

According to him, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu during his first 100 days in office said that he will soon give directives on what to do with the impounded bikes in line with the operations of motorcycles in the state.

The officer said that Lagos State being the economic hub of the country, had been attracting people from across the country.

He said that the insurgence that led to the displacement of Northerners, forced them to migrate to Lagos and take to the motorcycle transportation which they considered as one of the easiest businesses for them.

“Earlier in the month, we intercepted no fewer than 44 people with their bikes in an articulated vehicle coming from the northern part of the country into Lagos”, he said.

The spokesman, however, revealed that the task force had to release them because they had “proper identification.”

Adebayo said that the laws regarding motorcycle riding in the state were not punitive in nature but corrective in order to reduce the high incidence of accidents related to motorcycle riding.

http://igberetvnews.com/1013667/lagos-state-moves-destroy-impounded-okada-state/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by CGMedia: 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2019
Lalasticlala

Seun
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by Jetrue3oo: 8:36pm On Sep 22, 2019
Yeye death brain people
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by Charleys: 8:36pm On Sep 22, 2019
This could a retaliation by Tinubu and his goons. Concerning Osibanjo's torment in the hands of the cabal.

95% of all okada riders in YorubaLand are Northerners.

Quote me anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by Tolexander: 8:42pm On Sep 22, 2019
So easy to destroy, but very hard to build.

Well, this part of the world enjoys destroying, but we have little intelligence producing.

Take these okada to workshops and let our engineers and artisans study them and come up with something productive.
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by amaniro: 9:23pm On Sep 22, 2019
Tolexander:
So easy to destroy, but very hard to build.

Well, this part of the world enjoys destroying, but we have little intelligence producing.

Take these okada to workshops and let our engineers and artisans study them and come up with something productive.

Totolex grin
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by Tolexander: 9:55pm On Sep 22, 2019
amaniro:

Totolex grin
how far bro grin

What is “Toto” doing in that my name? grin cool
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by amaniro: 10:18pm On Sep 22, 2019
Tolexander:
how far bro grin

What is “Toto” doing in that my name? grin cool

I've been observing you,you seem to be very active here nowadays . The "toto" was gotten from "toto dike " grin
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by Tolexander: 10:32pm On Sep 22, 2019
amaniro:

I've been observing you,you seem to be very active here nowadays . The "toto" was gotten from "toto dike " grin
lol.

Just to while away time,enjoy myself and liberate myself from boredom for now
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by amaniro: 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2019
Tolexander:
lol.

Just to while away time,enjoy myself and liberate myself from boredom for now

Abi oh. Nairaland ehh Ibi yii jẹ idakẹjẹ apanilerin nla kan..soji for the meantimegrin
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by Tolexander: 10:48pm On Sep 22, 2019
amaniro:

Abi oh. Nairaland ehh Ibi yii jẹ idakẹjẹ apanilerin nla kan..soji for the meantimegrin
seems like a miracle shocked

Who taught you yoruba?
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by amaniro: 10:57pm On Sep 22, 2019
Tolexander:
seems like a miracle shocked

Who taught you yoruba?
Mo ngbe ni lagos sugbon ipile re ni mo mo oh. Also my mum knows Yoruba very well
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by Tolexander: 11:04pm On Sep 22, 2019
amaniro:
Mo ngbe ni lagos sugbon ipile re ni mo mo oh. Also my mum knows Yoruba very well
good to know that bro smiley
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 22, 2019
90% of okada and transit bus drivers in Lagos are Yorubas earning a living. Who cares, destroy it and rake up unemployment and robbery rate!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by amaniro: 11:16pm On Sep 22, 2019
Tolexander:
good to know that bro smiley

I've been dying to ask you one question though?
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by Tolexander: 11:17pm On Sep 22, 2019
amaniro:

I've been dying to ask you one question though?
what’s that?
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by amaniro: 11:26pm On Sep 22, 2019
Tolexander:
what’s that?

What you do in My town undecided you can inbox me the answer if it's that confidential sha
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by kayusely70(m): 2:26am On Sep 23, 2019
Destroy them all
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by Tolexander: 5:24am On Sep 23, 2019
amaniro:

What you do in My town undecided you can inbox me the answer if it's that confidential sha
I served in Aba and worked in Umuahia.
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by Charleys: 5:29am On Sep 23, 2019
Success1020:
90% of okada and transit bus drivers in Lagos are Yorubas earning a living. Who cares, destroy it and rake up unemployment and robbery rate!

Transit buses could be yorubas but the okada riders are Northerners.
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by helinues: 5:32am On Sep 23, 2019
While the jobless people are looking for an Okada to ride..

To ba sanwo olu, wa Sa sanwon toll gate..

So Jide could suspend occasional outings?

3daful
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by BlackfireX: 7:47am On Sep 23, 2019
That is Nigeria only problem.

Vision less politicians
Re: Lagos State Moves To Destroy Impounded 'okada' In The State by amaniro: 9:06am On Sep 23, 2019
Tolexander:
I served in Aba and worked in Umuahia.

So work dey Umuahia?grin

(1) (Reply)

Kwara Citizenship Form Should Not Take The Direction Of Rice In The Market, Grou / IMF: Benin’s Economy Strong Despite Border Closure By Nigeria / Adeyinka Grandson Sympathises With Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.