Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,101 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:55 AM

BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers (17242 Views)

How Do Court Case Spells Work? Spell To Drop Charges - Get Out Of Jail Spell / Gracious David West Denies All Murder Charges Against Him / Police, Robbers In Gun Battle In Lagos, One Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by Nksleek: 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2019
Activist Harrison Gwamnishu of Behind Bars Initiative has returned two hundred thousand Naira paid into his account to drop charges against highway policemen that abducted and forcefully extorted 700,000 from a businessman using a POS.

He lamented how highly placed individuals and notable traditional rulers have been bugging his phones, declaring that people are the problem and not necessarily the government.

He wrote;

“From the day we arrested SAFER HIGHWAY police officers for kidnapping citizens and collecting huge ransom as BAIL using POS operator and arrest of four SARS officers who collected N700,000 from a business man in Delta State.

“My phone has known no peace. My village people have been calling, both traditional rulers, notable men/women.

“They are begging we drop all charges against them.

“ I AM TIRED and i feel like quitting. Quitting will increase the problem.

“ I received alert of N200,000 from someone who is close to me, who I respect. Immediately i received the alert, i called him and he said, HARRISON, drop all charges.

“The PEOPLE are the problem not THE GOVERNMENT. If the people decide, GOVERNMENT will obey... We love the chain and ready to always pay our way out.

“For the N200,000 they sent, i transferred back to sender. Even when i haven't paid my son school fees, i refused to accept the bribe to set free officers who kidnapped and robbed us using their uniform.”

Source: https://focusnaija.com.ng/2019/09/22/bbi-returns-200k-bribe-to-drop-charges-against-police-robbers/

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by ebije2(m): 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2019
Good thing we have a person who wouldn't compromise no matter the condition of things. I pray they don't go after his life. He should better expose some or all of those telling him to drop charges in case anything goes wrong.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by Healthwise2(m): 11:07am On Sep 23, 2019
Too bad.... Police that are meant to protect and serve us are now becoming the law breakers. Kudos to BBI.

26 Likes

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by Virus99: 11:07am On Sep 23, 2019
Good one bro.

Stand for what is right even if it means standing alone!

But this guy operating NPF Faux account on Twitter has maximum sense of humor grin

17 Likes

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by SouthSouth1914: 11:07am On Sep 23, 2019
What ROT in the Nigerian Police Force! Tufiakwa.

Please go place your life on insurance! This is the buhari we voted and sang so many songs of change!! The system gets messier day in and out!

Police rob citizens during the day with government uniforms/arms and turn to full fledge armed robbers at night!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 23, 2019
next tactic is to kill you beware. the country is deeply rotten

6 Likes

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by Sultty(m): 11:07am On Sep 23, 2019
I'm astonished. I swear Sodom and Gomorrah is waaaaaaaaaaaay moral than Nigeria

16 Likes

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by adedayourt(m): 11:08am On Sep 23, 2019
The system is crime n corruption ridden. You can only try ur best in ur little capacity, the rottenness imbedded in the system cannot be blotted out so easily

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by helinues: 11:08am On Sep 23, 2019
Guy, leave that media wash story..

If Na 5mil and you never paid your son school fees, walahi you go collect.

If you no collect am wetin you wan gain.. Abi se suffer no dey tire you Ni?

2 Likes

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by agabusta: 11:09am On Sep 23, 2019
Nigerians are not yet ready to be free basically because majority of our people are not morally upright.

They only complain when they are at the receiving end.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by cooldude62(m): 11:09am On Sep 23, 2019
Even if you decide to drop the charges, it's good you didn't collect the money. They will come back to use it against you.

11 Likes

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by segun18(m): 11:10am On Sep 23, 2019
God bless this Man.Look at People begging for corrupt Police Officers!

Pls let's support this initiative to the fullest.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by Proffdada: 11:10am On Sep 23, 2019
He should have the bribe sender arrested angry

2 Likes

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by JayGraphics(m): 11:10am On Sep 23, 2019
Commendable
But why am I having a feeling that every news like this in this country is about 2023

Don't be surprise if by then he start using this to preach to the Masses for a senate sit.

Just my thinking tho

1 Like

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by Jmk9292(m): 11:11am On Sep 23, 2019
Shouldn't the person who paid that 200k be prosecuted for bribery also?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by CaptainMitch: 11:11am On Sep 23, 2019
Story man, everybody has a price.

1 Like

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by sesaan(m): 11:12am On Sep 23, 2019
We the civilian are at the receiving end, from soldiers to police to cultist even armed robbers and Agbero.. I have tried not to give up on our country but am tired.. I need work pls Bsc industrial Physics, I live in Abuja but can work anywhere help please...

1 Like

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by iReddington: 11:12am On Sep 23, 2019
He should stop the morality nonsense, that 200k is just not enough, with the right amount of money, anyone can be compromised.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by iReddington: 11:13am On Sep 23, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Story man, everybody has a price.
Gbam!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by Bellotelli: 11:14am On Sep 23, 2019
People are really the problem of Nigeria not the Govt. But am confused here. Without people would there be govt? To me both the people in govt and those in the private sector are the problem with this country. Nobody wants to take responsibility to make things right.

1 Like

Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by Kendumazy(m): 11:16am On Sep 23, 2019
Mheen
Re: BBI Returns 200k Bribe To Drop Charges Against Police Robbers by ukahrawah: 11:16am On Sep 23, 2019
Kudos to him. We need more of his type. Nigerian bribery is beyond words.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

23-Year-Old SS 2 Student Who Robs 'To Pay His School Fees' Lands In Yola Court / Lagos Trader Commits Suicide To Spite Her Mother / Nigerian Army Patrol Neutralize One Bandit, Capture 3 Alive In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.