Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. (34976 Views)

Po*n And Mastu*bation Is Taking My Life Away. / One Hand Is Working To Bring Money, The Other Hand Is Taking The Money (Pix) / 'Nigeria Shakira' Blasted For Promoting 'Half Caste Cream' By Dancing In Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by HBB1(m): 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2019
djon78:

Unhappy marriages?
You guys make me laugh
Compare modern marriages where they claim love and past marriages which one last more.

Go and meet people that have had a lasting marriage, it takes more than love to make a marriage work. What most people call love is just emotional feelings, it lasts maximum 2 years and reality sets in.

What makes marriage work is commitment of the two parties to themselves, and to raising there children. From where I come from we don't believe in broken homes. So people get to know what they are getting into. Marriage is not this flimsy euphoric feeling in the name of love. Still small thing the so called two people in love can't stand themselves, end up divorcing, exposing children produced in those unions to ridicule and lifetime of pain. Very selfish set of people that care about there own feelings.

I dare say that a considerable number of your 'working' marriages are not quite happy-- I work in a field where I interact with such people a lot...

Divorce is higher now because women are more independent and don't have to obey what society forces down their throat.

It doesn't suggest the fact that our Mothers were happier. They were only in their marriages because of their children.
Usually when there was no child there was no marriage.

...and when, the child got married they only knew to follow him about and compete with his wife as that was what they lived for.
What happy woman will leave her husband and continue constituting a nuisance in a child's house?

I know people who are in abusive marriages and have stayed because of divorce and it's stigma.
I know a 66 year old man who still hits his 61 year old wife and I also know a 75 year old man who hits his 70 something year old wife.

I detest divorce, but if a marriage is not working , there is no use enduring-- marriage was made for man, not man for marriage.

When we stand before God he will ask us if we did what he sent us to do on earth-- alone.
No husband, no wife, no kids.

People have succeeded on their second marriages, and some still will never do, but I don't believe a marriage should be endured-- there is more to life.

About love, I believe in love. I have seen people who love their spouses and I are seen those who just clinging on.
Same way I have seen people who love their jobs and those who just have to survive.

Which do you want?

Love will sustain a marriage, emotions however will not, as they wax and wane.
Love is kind, unselfish, faithful... It's not just an emotion.
It's a product of good character and requires both parties.
It's like food, food is essential for survival.

The food however should be sweet-- hence the emotional love, 'romance.'
Spice the 'Food' with the 'Maggi' and you will have the euphoria and stability you need in a marriage.

5 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by OdenKelechi(m): 10:31pm On Sep 23, 2019
Leemekzy:
my family accepted her cuz they do not support the tradition. lost her to the cold hands of death.
Do you feel like the tradition or the village people had something to do with her death?
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by OdenKelechi(m): 10:32pm On Sep 23, 2019
Leemekzy:
my family accepted her cuz they do not support the tradition. lost her to the cold hands of death.
Do you think the tradition had a hand in her death?
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by maasoap(m): 10:34pm On Sep 23, 2019
Christopherrrr:

The only known repercussion is the idea you're alone and can't be involved in any family dealings or association. They can't call you their own and remember no one is an island. Damning the consequences is a very brutal one as the case may be. They're quite magnitudinous. It's quite fair if it was a mistake than being fully aware and venturing into it. It's indeed a dicey one!!

Well, my mind tell me say u no go marry that girl. Just do the right thing by telling her on time, don't waste her time. You can't marry her, you won't marry her

2 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by clily: 10:43pm On Sep 23, 2019
Marley147:
Pls its not true an OSU wowan can't bear kids that will still be seen as OSU hence her husband is a free born.in my of own side Enugu state nkanu land princely we always believe that there will be negative effects & most times it happens.
[left][/left] kiss
Are you saying that if a free born marries an OSU perhaps without knowing about it in your local government or town, her kids won't be seen as OSU cause their father is a Freeborn?

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by HBB1(m): 10:46pm On Sep 23, 2019
BRATISLAVA:

At the end of the day you know she's mulatto, so stop pushing your fake black agenda, egbon. Obama falls under the same category with her: neither black nor white. Why you are complicating that and making your unsubstantiated claims about their race is ridiculous. Go and learn how to identify race with a pencil. 1st generation Migrants who don't understand race.

The monkey baby isn't because she is black, but because she's tainted. Live with it. Black is black, white is white. Mulatto is mulatto. Your type probably think Latinos are white.

Case closed

Oga, case Kan Kan o close!

You don't have to insult me (or try to) grin
Are you so uptight?

I am not a first generation migrant, FYI.

Obama identifies himself as a black man, if you say otherwise, that's your business.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Leemekzy: 10:57pm On Sep 23, 2019
OdenKelechi:

Do you feel like the tradition or the village people had something to do with her death?
i dont think so.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Leemekzy: 10:58pm On Sep 23, 2019
OdenKelechi:

she on board the dana air that crashed in lagos a few years back.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by delpee(f): 11:00pm On Sep 23, 2019
What happens if an Osu marries from another tribe? Sometimes I feel that fear is just being instilled into people to uphold this obnoxious tradition. Those who grow up and live outside these shores won't bother about all these and nothing will happen especially if they're strong believers.

Honestly there's no justification for this level of discrimination. We're all created by God and we're expected to love each other. If there's so much discrimination within a tribe, it doesn't make for good cohesion.

@OP
It seems you have made up your mind. You're better off marrying the love of your life. Unfortunately, you don't appear to be strong enough to withstand the storm that will come with it. May God guide you so that there may be no cause for regrets either way.

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by madridguy(m): 11:04pm On Sep 23, 2019
So sorry bro...May her soul continue to rest in peace.

Leemekzy:
she on board the dana air that crashed in lagos a few years back.

3 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by ststyreal(f): 11:11pm On Sep 23, 2019
ephraim18:
this is a very dicey situation... I'll tell u brother to avoid had i know u better man up and cut the relationship in a way it will not hurt the lady... because if u insisted and marry her ur entire kindreds may not accept her and it will be more dissastrous by then.. U know in igboland ur entire family must marry ur wife for her to be accepted in the family... Am igbo and i know the trauma attached to this kind of situation but u have use ur no 6 and do something that will not affect ur generation unborn... All this Pple advising u to go ahead and marry the lady don't know how deep this rubbish osu-caste system is... pls use ur head...
Infact, I learnt they usually have one internal sickness that is always disturbing them though, i stand to be corrected. They say some usually manifest all these spiritual attack..... Op, just forget about the girl because this osu something deep pass as we dey see am.. na who never leave for Villa go say na child's play e be. Even my parents who spent almost their entire life in Lagos, had to send some one back home to make an enquiry over this osu thing before dem go give the guy list. The something tire me sef.

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Leemekzy: 11:11pm On Sep 23, 2019
madridguy:
So sorry bro...May her soul continue to rest in peace.

Amen. thanks.

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by djon78(m): 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2019
HBB1:

I dare say that a considerable number of your 'working' marriages are not quite happy-- I work in a field where I interact with such people a lot...

Divorce is higher now because women are more independent and don't have to obey what society forces down their throat.

It doesn't suggest the fact that our Mothers were happier. They were only in their marriages because of their children.
Usually when there was no child there was no marriage.

...and when, the child got married they only knew to follow him about and compete with his wife as that was what they lived for.
What happy woman will leave her husband and continue constituting a nuisance in a child's house?

I know people who are in abusive marriages and have stayed because of divorce and it's stigma.
I know a 66 year old man who still hits his 61 year old wife and I also know a 75 year old man who hits his 70 something year old wife.

I detest divorce, but if a marriage is not working , there is no use enduring-- marriage was made for man, not man for marriage.

When we stand before God he will ask us if we did what he sent us to do on earth-- alone.
No husband, no wife, no kids.

People have succeeded on their second marriages, and some still will never do, but I don't believe a marriage should be endured-- there is more to life.

About love, I believe in love. I have seen people who love their spouses and I are seen those who just clinging on.
Same way I have seen people who love their jobs and those who just have to survive.

Which do you want?

Love will sustain a marriage, emotions however will not, as they wax and wane.
Love is kind, unselfish, faithful... It's not just an emotion.
It's a product of good character and requires both parties.
It's like food, food is essential for survival.

Spice the 'Food' with the 'Maggi' and you will have the euphoria and stability you need in a marriage.

And after all this you quoted those marriages claiming love how have they been. This our generation always talk love but still can't hold down marriage

Like I told you, I don't really believe in those euphoric feeling in the name of love. Those things don't last. Rather I believe in committing to my partner and my kids. Taking marriage as a serious business. Playing my role very well. But all those mushy feelings is a no no for me
But my responsibility I will take seriously
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by bossrillboss: 11:33pm On Sep 23, 2019
Jombom:
Pls provide me with her phone # if she's truly interested in a serious n sincere relationship that can lead to marriage. I am Yoruba Osu matter no concern me, in fact God punish the system self.
..u get sense.

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by DonConte: 12:01am On Sep 24, 2019
Christopherrrr:
Hello Nairalanders, greetings. My name is Christopher (pseudonym) from the Eastern part of the country, Imo State to be precise. I'm a man in his early 30's. I have an active account here but I had to sign-up for another account for this thread.
Please pardon my grammatical errors and blunders. MOD please help move to FP.

Few months back, I fell in love with a pretty lady with a beautiful soul. She is 28. Though we are running a long distance relationship but the current in the communication link can power Kanji Dam. Lol!! We can be on calls for hours since the very day I met her. There is a fair share of the feelings, affections, respect and regard for each other. It's not one-sided. Though we have been opportune to be together thrice since the past 10months we met. I have had plans to go about engagement and marriage arrangements this coming festive period though I haven't made this known to her.

She gives me joy, she gives me happiness, she prays for me, she blesses me. There is a part of me she unraveled that I never believed existed. Above all, she gives me peace of mind.

Fast forward to last month, I invited her to a family event. I introduced her to my family as my girlfriend. Instantly everyone fell in love with her. My mum was allover her and she was indeed up and doing. She didn't disappoint me. Not pretence, she has a good home training.

When she left same day after the event, my mum proclaimed her love for her. She said, "Olee ebe isi choota udi nwa nke a?" (Where did you find this kinda girl from?). This made me drop a tear of joy thereafter because I've always prayed for such from her any day I introduce a lady to her. This also happens to be my first time.

Fast forward again to 2weeks later, my dad requested I confirm her community and kindred properly because we happen to come from the same LGA. I didn't even know they have started making inquiries for me even before I asked them to. I confirmed from her and informed my dad. Only for them (my parents) to break the news to me days later that we can't marry from their kindred because they are regarded as Out-Casts (Osu-Cast System). Right now, I can't contend my heartbreak. I'm so devastated and confused.

This has been a long-term tradition that has been for centuries that I don't think it's in my capabilities to do away with it or do otherwise.

My problem now is how do I break the news to her for a breakup because we can't continue like this.

I have never ceased to love her less since the very day I learnt of this. In fact, she gives me reasons to love, cherish and adore her every single day. I still do that to the brim and don't have regrets. Quote me, her type is rare. I love this girl with every breath I take. I just cry myself to sleep every night after our long calls.

Please advise a brother because I'm in a deep state of dilemma.

You don't love her as much as you claim my friend!!!

2 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by MrCaesar: 12:08am On Sep 24, 2019
Osu was banned in Igboland few years ago. It is a taboo to call one Osu in Igboland. Please when last did you come back home? It seems you don't know what is happening in the East and you claim to be an Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by skymight(m): 12:55am On Sep 24, 2019
My bro someone that loves and cherish you. It will be of evilness and wickedness if you ever leave that girl cox of so called useless tradition we're created by one God and the so called OSU is rubbish and does not work. My uncle married an OSU in my state Anambra and they're blessed with kids and living happily. Dear pray over it if God say nah the girl marry her nothing will happen. And OSU has been abolished early this year in Igbo land or has IMO state not Igbo again. Rubbish tradition if you ever leave that girl I swear God will not be happy with you that in believed in that useless tradition. Thank me later after marriage

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 1:19am On Sep 24, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Sorry old tradition wanna deal a heavy blow to your happiness. You simply gotta let go unless you man enough to brave the consequences should you decide to go along with everything.

You both can choose to elope. Issa common something in India. If u can't, better cut off from her cos any kids she bears you will be termed Osu.
Too much India movies sis.
When you decide to elope just remember these is Nigeria where the situations Bonji got to deal with for Nahi is different from the one chinedu got to deal with for Chioma.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by slimshady1000: 1:49am On Sep 24, 2019
Shame on your culture... slavery was abolished so many years ago and you people are still doing this?
And you blame the Europeans and crucify them for slavery? Are you people serious?

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by 1Sharon(f): 2:35am On Sep 24, 2019
henryobinna:
personally where am from it was not practiced, so we don't have Osus... I'm from Ngwa. but that doesn't mean I should give mindless suggestions, am not stupid na... And don't plan on misleading some one..

Most of the Non Igbos here insulting igbos particularly the Yorubas, they stillnuse human heads and some cases live human being to bury their kings as well as much other evil things... I just no get anybody time sha... they can continue but the OP should be guided and not take decisions based on what some random person told him to do citing 'love' when I know it's not the love of God that doesn't change.

You igbos deserve to be insulted. You think too highly of yourselves.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by 1Sharon(f): 2:40am On Sep 24, 2019
HBB1:

Who are the gods?

grin

And they claim to be Christians. Tell me why should a Christian be scared of something like OSU??

Are OSUS now greater than Jesus? Cant OSUS be delivered??

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by 1Sharon(f): 2:44am On Sep 24, 2019
Alex80s:
Bro, if you are a Christian, look for Powerful men of God like Fr Mbaka, Fr Nnaji etc. Reason,the OSU I know are person or persons dedicated or owned by à deity or shrine. Which meàns, I f u marry them it's assumed you have snatched them from the deity. This is not à matter of faith. Devil has power...Unless you are sure nothing fetish is involved. Meanwhile, if people are not banned from Marrying them you will also see other people married from the family to confirm that.

If anyone advises u to ignore it if don't believe in it, u are on a suicide mission if fetish rituals are involved.

So the power of Jesus cannot abolish OSUS??

What are deliverance churches for??
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by 1Sharon(f): 3:00am On Sep 24, 2019
nunnu:
WHO PARENTAL BLESSING HELP. THE MAN MY PARENTS CHOOSE FOR ME NEARLY ENDED MY LIFE. ABEG COMMOT FOR ROAD.

grin grin
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by 1Sharon(f): 3:10am On Sep 24, 2019
pickatyou:
All of you shouting and damning the consequences, I have seen its effect o. Its like two A.S persons marrying their selves and damning the concequences, you all know how the rest goes.

I don't stand for the OSU system but will I marry one. No No No!

So you believe in osu??
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by danot1030: 4:49am On Sep 24, 2019
Igbos and hypocrisy and the funny thing is they are quick to accuse other tribes as though they are unique. I remember reading the news sometimes back when the Igbos proclaim the abolition of the osu tradition so what's this fuss about the osu problem again?

Yeye people.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Cocao(f): 6:42am On Sep 24, 2019
HBB1:

I dare say that a considerable number of your 'working' marriages are not quite happy--

Who are you and how are you so wise?
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Cocao(f): 6:45am On Sep 24, 2019
The truth is that the OP has already decided what to do, there is no comment here that can change his mind.

He is only asking for how to tell her.

OP, you already know you won't marry her, for everyday you keep smiling with her, it gets harder. I can only imagine the pain she will go through. Please let her know ASAP so she can hurt, heal and replace you

2 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by ujluv(f): 8:31am On Sep 24, 2019
XXLDICK:

Abriba(not sure of the spelling), Nanka precisely. I guess I know you. Uju, ACC... Right?
yeah, is Agbiligba. Is like you know me well. This your moniker ehh. What is your name, and from where.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 24, 2019
1Sharon:

So you believe in osu??

I don't believe in it but won't want to risk my future on it as well

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by filleSouriante(f): 8:44am On Sep 24, 2019
Jombom:
That isn't exactly my fault. I only made a suggestion that could help the dude out of his predicament.

That aside you look amazing, hope you do not mind me asking where you reside ?
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by filleSouriante(f): 8:51am On Sep 24, 2019
Jombom:
That isn't exactly my fault. I only made a suggestion that could help the dude out of his predicament.

That aside you look amazing, hope you do not mind me asking where you reside ?

Thanks. Abeokuta
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Zikora1000(f): 9:20am On Sep 24, 2019
Clifwoods:

Are you that someone?
no, am not. am tall but not up to 6ft, am 5'8

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At Simi's Concert (Photos) / My Big Day / When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.