Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Name Your Top 5 James Bond Movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Name Your Top 5 James Bond Movies (423 Views)

James Bond 007 returns in No Time To Die... / James Bond 007 - No Time To Die (2020) / 10 Most Popular James Bond Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Name Your Top 5 James Bond Movies by kay29000(m): 9:44am On Sep 23, 2019
I am a James Bond movie lover...more the older ones than the newer ones though. I love the James Bond movies of the 60s, 70s, 80s, and some from the 90s. They are probably my best movie series ever. I can watch them over and over and over and never get tired of watching them. What captured my attention back then was the way the James Bond character was never scared in the face of death...he always remained calm, and always found a way out of every situation...not always with his muscles, but with his brain. As a young kid, that really fascinated me. And of course, as a kid that grew up in the 80s, the high tech gadgets he always had grabbed my attention too.

Enough talk, below are my top 5 favorite bond movies.

5. Live and Let Die (Roger Moore- 1973)

4. The Spy Who Loved Me (Roger Moore- 1978)

3. The Man With the Golden Gun (Roger Moore- 1974)

2. Dr. No (Sean Connery- 1962)

1. Diamonds are Forever (Sean Connery- 1971)

Yea, Diamonds are Forever is my favorite. Sean Connery had left the movie franchise after 1967's You Only Live Twice, and was called back to do this movie after George Lazenby (On Her Majesty's Secret Service- 1969) decided he didn't want to continue with the Bond series, after playing the role once. By the way, his movie is real kickass...probably the most balanced Bond...incredible fight scenes while still being a witty, charming, smooth talker.

Anyway, back to Diamonds are Forever...The movie is so great because it wasn't just about great acting from Sean, all the other actors brought their A game too...the villains (yea, it wasn't just one bad guy) were great too. One of my favorite scenes in the movie is where James Bond was being chased by cops and he had to drive through a tight corner slanting...on two tires.

Apart from the top five, honorary mentions include, Gold Finger (Sean Connery- 1964) and On Her Majesty's Secret Service (George Lazenby- 1969).

Name your own top 5 favorite James Bond movies.

(1) (Reply)

If You Have Not Watched This Best Funniest Movie, You Are Missing Something. / (comedy) Twerking Goes Wrong / 2 Idiots Most Funny African Comedy Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.