Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help (2397 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help by Hondaonly: 10:45am On Sep 23, 2019
Any good honda certified car repair shop at ibadan.
Pls suggest
I'm fed up of kazeems pls
Re: Help by timifakay(m): 5:22am On Sep 24, 2019
Hondaonly:
Pls suggest

No.
But you can try Tunde - opposite Operation Burst office.
Re: Help by EngRichie: 6:01am On Sep 24, 2019
Can you state the issue with your car? A little information might be of great help.
Re: Help by homeboy205: 9:05am On Sep 24, 2019
I have portable scanner I can scan for you and recommend who to fix

Hondaonly:
Pls suggest
Re: Help by Hondaonly: 5:25pm On Sep 27, 2019
Issue now. My steering still not straight. I have done alignment done every still same. 2 mechanics said its steering rack that is bad,but i dont believe them because its tokunbl clean title,engine has never been open or worked on.no accident,nothing so how can steering rack be bad. If i'm on 80/100kph steering starts vibrating and shaking. Then secondly my fuel economy is poor. 1 buy 1000 fuel,between a distance of 1 mile 3 litres gone .sp before i reach where am gling and back 8litres gone before you know it yellow/reserve tank light goes off. Its a 4plug but its drinking fuel like v12 engine. I have replaced 02 sensor 1,2,gpt new catalyst still no difference.i even blught brand new pump. Scanner shows coolant temp 2 sensor low. Then thridly my tmps light stays on.checcked the tyres checked all sensors on alloys nothing seems unusual.
I just want to know why its consuming much fuel,ac on or off,and my steerng wheel not straight.
I don tire dor honda
EngRichie:
Can you state the issue with your car? A little information might be of great help.
Re: Help by Hondaonly: 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2019
Is it by nepa control unit/agodi
timifakay:

No.
But you can try Tunde - opposite Operation Burst office.
Re: Help by Hondaonly: 5:43pm On Sep 27, 2019
Secondly my rpm idle is always on 1
If i start the car it goes to abt 1.7, 1.8 rpm
But when i turn on the ac it goes below 1 and it vibrates the car like it wants to stall. I am fed up. I feel like honda is not for me. Help me.
My idle speed is low,if i put it on park and ac is on my car would be stalling like it wants to go off.
Re: Help by ugreat(m): 5:53pm On Sep 27, 2019
Try state the type of Honda and year for the gurus To Help you out
Re: Help by Hondaonly: 5:55pm On Sep 27, 2019
Honda crv 09
ugreat:
Try state the type of Honda and year for the gurus To Help you out
Re: Help by ugreat(m): 11:05am On Sep 28, 2019
Hondaonly:
Honda crv 09
Auto brothers, help a brother!
Re: Help by adanny01(m): 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
Hondaonly:
Issue now. My steering still not straight. I have done alignment done every still same. 2 mechanics said its steering rack that is bad,but i dont believe them because its tokunbl clean title,engine has never been open or worked on.no accident,nothing so how can steering rack be bad. If i'm on 80/100kph steering starts vibrating and shaking. Then secondly my fuel economy is poor. 1 buy 1000 fuel,between a distance of 1 mile 3 litres gone .sp before i reach where am gling and back 8litres gone before you know it yellow/reserve tank light goes off. Its a 4plug but its drinking fuel like v12 engine. I have replaced 02 sensor 1,2,gpt new catalyst still no difference.i even blught brand new pump. Scanner shows coolant temp 2 sensor low. Then thridly my tmps light stays on.checcked the tyres checked all sensors on alloys nothing seems unusual.
I just want to know why its consuming much fuel,ac on or off,and my steerng wheel not straight.
I don tire dor honda

From you description, you have been Kazeemed.

I guess your fan runs constantly and the code is
P2184 ECT Sensor #2 Circuit Low Input

Potential symptoms include:
MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) illumination
Poor fuel economy
Poor drivability
Engine may run rough or blow black smoke out the tailpipe
May not idle May start and then die

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p2184
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

Hondaonly:
Secondly my rpm idle is always on 1
If i start the car it goes to abt 1.7, 1.8 rpm
But when i turn on the ac it goes below 1 and it vibrates the car like it wants to stall. I am fed up. I feel like honda is not for me. Help me.
My idle speed is low,if i put it on park and ac is on my car would be stalling like it wants to go off.

For your RPM to remain at 1, it means your car never gets to the normal operating temperature that it will drop its Idle RPM to the normal 0.8 rpm. For the car to have up to 1.8rpm on cold start means there is something wrong that I cannot point to. Normal at cold start is supposed to be 1.5rpm.

Say your CRV is 4wd, you will obviously have a serious guzzler in your hands.

Lastly, to have steering vibration at 80-100, you definitely have either a bad wheel (rim), bad wheel balance or bad tire.

1 Like

Re: Help by Hondaonly: 6:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
My rims are factory. Well tyres get worn out likr 30% since i changed last around april. I just need someone to help me out here. Kazeems have finished me.
adanny01:

Poor fuel economy
Poor drivability

Copyright OBD-Codes.com

For your RPM to remain at 1, it means your car never gets to the normal operating temperature that it will drop its Idle RPM to the normal 0.8 rpm. For the car to have up to 1.8rpm on cold start means there is something wrong that I cannot point to. Normal at cold start is supposed to be 1.5rpm.

Lastly, to have steering vibration at 80-100, you definitely have either a bad wheel (rim), bad wheel balance or bad tire.
Re: Help by adanny01(m): 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2019
Hondaonly:
My rims are factory. Well tyres get worn out likr 30% since i changed last around april. I just need someone to help me out here. Kazeems have finished me.

Bro, rims get bad especially when you hit a pot hole or kerb. A brand new tire can be damaged beyond repairs. What you need is a dynamic wheel balance not a static one. During the dynamic wheel balance, you will physically inspect the tire and rim for deformity.
Re: Help by Hondaonly: 8:47pm On Sep 30, 2019
R u in ibadan
adanny01:

Bro, rims get bad especially when you hit a pot hole or kerb. A brand new tire can be damaged beyond repairs. What you need is a dynamic wheel balance not a static one. During the dynamic wheel balance, you will physically inspect the tire and rim for deformity.
Re: Help by adanny01(m): 8:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hondaonly:
R u in ibadan

No, Arewa.

1 Like

Re: Help by Mynewdawn15: 9:05pm On Sep 30, 2019
@Op.
I am not a mechanic, but I own a car and from my experience so far.
The vibrating wheel could be your car shaft (inner hose needs grease) also wheel balancing.

For the fuel consumption, get an ELM scanner (3k or so), scan the car and post error code here for more help.
Re: Help by EngRichie: 7:11am On Oct 01, 2019
For the engine issues, obd2 diagnosis is almost inevitable. The steering issue could be as simple as a bad tire or a host of other things.
You can check my signature and call for better support.
Re: Help by Hondaonly: 7:49am On Oct 01, 2019
Whr can i get elm scanner.i just bought new radiator 30k . O jiat hope im not cheated/scammed cos others said 38k 35k last at least 4 diff places i flew bike too.
I regret using honda. I cant blame myself a car of 2009 start misbehaving 10years after. Though im an aggressive driver,u cant imagine the shock on my face buying fuel of 1500 then as i left the gas station within a distance of about 600metres i bar has dropped from 6 bars on fuel guage. Or is it a v12 spirit engine
Mynewdawn15:
@Op.
I am not a mechanic, but I own a car and from my experience so far.
The vibrating wheel could be your car shaft (inner hose needs grease) also wheel balancing.

For the fuel consumption, get an ELM scanner (3k or so), scan the car and post error code here for more help.

1 Like

Re: Help by adanny01(m): 8:59am On Oct 01, 2019
Hondaonly:
Whr can i get elm scanner.i just bought new radiator 30k . O jiat hope im not cheated/scammed cos others said 38k 35k last at least 4 diff places i flew bike too.
I regret using honda. I cant blame myself a car of 2009 start misbehaving 10years after. Though im an aggressive driver,u cant imagine the shock on my face buying fuel of 1500 then as i left the gas station within a distance of about 600metres i bar has dropped from 6 bars on fuel guage. Or is it a v12 spirit engine

Why is it Honda's fault when you or the previous owner or your mechanic removed the thermostat and bypassed the ECT 2 sensor. You do things to the car that Honda didnt do and you expect the car to remain factory spec.

If you are an aggressive driver, please service your car agressively.

5 Likes

Re: Help by adanny01(m): 9:05am On Oct 01, 2019
Re: Help by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:11pm On Oct 01, 2019
adanny01:

Poor fuel economy
Poor drivability

Copyright OBD-Codes.com

Op, I own an Honda just like yours and I have seen all this things you mentions. Just that they didn't happen all at once like yours.
I'll use the little experience I have to explain what I think is the problem.
The issue of low rmp was the main issue I had until I changed my fuel pump. I actually bought the complete pump cuz the low supply of fuel can be from the pump engine. That stopped the rmp issue.
Then the vibration. That only happens when you have bad tires, inner shaft cup problem. Sometimes the inner shaft cup might have worn out so your car vibrate when you speed up. It can also be an alignment issue since your steering is not balanced.
I'll advice you reach an agreement with your part supplier, tell him to get you a tokunbo complete pump from lag then allow you to test it with the car. If that's not the issue then you can pay him for his effort and not the pump. But I'm 101% certain that is the issue. That thing can be frustrating. It's even more frustrating when your in hold up.

As a plus, you can also check your engine seats. That can also cause your car to shake when the rmp is low.

Note that the rmp issue is a typical Honda issue. It cannot be totally eradicated but it can be reduced. I have managed to reduce mine to a reasonable extend. Now my driving is almost as perfect as smooth but it still shakes a few times especially when stressed up (after long drive)
Re: Help by Hondaonly: 5:09pm On Oct 01, 2019
I bought brand new fuel pump but still my economy is poor. Well id check for inner shaft cup. Im fed up. Infact im running from honda
Kelvin30286063:

Op, I own an Honda just like yours and I have seen all this things you mentions. Just that they didn't happen all at once like yours.
I'll use the little experience I have to explain what I think is the problem.
The issue of low rmp was the main issue I had until I changed my fuel pump. I actually bought the complete pump cuz the low supply of fuel can be from the pump engine. That stopped the rmp issue.
Then the vibration. That only happens when you have bad tires, inner shaft cup problem. Sometimes the inner shaft cup might have worn out so your car vibrate when you speed up. It can also be an alignment issue since your steering is not balanced.
I'll advice you reach an agreement with your part supplier, tell him to get you a tokunbo complete pump from lag then allow you to test it with the car. If that's not the issue then you can pay him for his effort and not the pump. But I'm 101% certain that is the issue. That thing can be frustrating. It's even more frustrating when your in hold up.

As a plus, you can also check your engine seats. That can also cause your car to shake when the rmp is low.

Note that the rmp issue is a typical Honda issue. It cannot be totally eradicated but it can be reduced. I have managed to reduce mine to a reasonable extend. Now my driving is almost as perfect as smooth but it still shakes a few times especially when stressed up (after long drive)
Re: Help by Rubbiish(m): 9:03pm On Oct 01, 2019
Hondaonly:
I bought brand new fuel pump but still my economy is poor. Well id check for inner shaft cup. Im fed up. Infact im running from honda
Just manage it till u raise money to get another car. Honda is a problematic car, that's is the bitter truth. Car is too fragile, if u think i am lying, how many 09 Honda do u see on uber? So many people are using 09 camry/corolla on uber without issues. My friend using Honda is always complaining of one noise or another. Leg pulling today, fuel pump tomorrow, gear box a day after & so on...i have advice him to start thinking of another brand when he wants to change it.
Re: Help by dru23(m): 11:24pm On Oct 01, 2019
Rubbiish:

Just manage it till u raise money to get another car. Honda is a problematic car, that's is the bitter truth. Car is too fragile, if u think i am lying, how many 09 Honda do u see on uber? So many people are using 09 camry/corolla on uber without issues. My friend using Honda is always complaining of one noise or another. Leg pulling today, fuel pump tomorrow, gear box a day after & so on...i have advice him to start thinking of another brand when he wants to change it.

My brother I have to respectfully disagree with you ..In my experience when it comes to Japanese cars or most cars in general.. There are no bad cars as much as bad car owners... also most tokunbo parts been used in Nigeria, will never be used in the develope world ...some parts are so worn out by the time u used for another car it will not last at all .. Guys like u will now conclude that the car is fragile due ...
Another example is my 08 elantra needed bushings.. I call junk yards in the USA .. I told them I needed used bushings for my cars.. The guy thought I was crazy and asking crazy questions .. He said we don't sell used bushings, you need to buy brand news ...certain things like bushings should never be bought used ..people buy them used and afther some times guys will say that car is shaking, car not strong etc.. When the parts you use has already pass its life expectancy...

2 Likes

Re: Help by Billiebaba(m): 1:57am On Oct 02, 2019
From the details you have given it seem your car has issues entering closed loop, which might cause it to guzzle fuel fast. It needs extensive diagnosis by an expert.
Re: Help by Y1nka(m): 2:05am On Oct 02, 2019
dru23:

My brother I have to respectfully disagree with you ..In my experience when it comes to Japanese cars or most cars in general.. There are no bad cars as much as bad car owners... also most tokunbo parts been used in Nigeria, will never be used in the develope world ...some parts are so worn out by the time u used for another car it will not last at all .. Guys like u will now conclude that the car is fragile due ...
Another example is my 08 elantra needed bushings.. I call junk yards in the USA .. I told them I needed used bushings for my cars.. The guy thought I was crazy and asking crazy questions .. He said we don't sell used bushings, you need to buy brand news ...certain things like bushings should never be bought used ..people buy them used and afther some times guys will say that car is shaking, car not strong etc.. When the parts you use has already pass its life expectancy...

I’ve used Elantra and love it. Pls if you want to sell this or put on rental later. Let me know! Thanks .

And yes you’re right , car issues may be due to how we handle cars and part.

I used a Honda Civic twice... aside few electrical change... I had noooo complains whatsoever. And it’s very fuel efficient
Re: Help by dru23(m): 3:13am On Oct 02, 2019
Y1nka:

I’ve used Elantra and love it. Pls if you want to sell this or put on rental later. Let me know! Thanks .

I used a Honda Civic twice... aside few electrical change... I had noooo complains whatsoever. And it’s very fuel efficient

I mainly use Honda civics 03 to 05 for uber rental.. Very study and strong cars . Never had any issue even during the raining season the car still did very well .. The maintenance on that car is God sent.. The engine is very strong .. When it comes to civic the most important thing is to treat the engine with the rite oil ...it will return the favour 10 times over ...

Yes I do have two elantra on rental.. One of my driver use to drive a corolla.. But he loves the elantra and he says the elantra has good a/c system better than the corolla.... Strong cars ,Corolla might be stronger ,but the elantra is not a push over at all .. The koreans really try have to take my hats off to them .. But due to the high cost of buying Tokunbo Elantra for uber .. I don't buy them no more too expensive.. I just stick to the civics ,is not like the civics are that cheap o ,but have been very lucky to get them at a good price ..very lucky
Re: Help by Hondaonly: 11:47am On Oct 03, 2019
No the honda not giving me problem. I just bought new radiator so lets wait to see if engine light comes on after installation
Re: Help by BamBamK: 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2019
get in touch with Timifakay

Hondaonly:
Pls suggest

1 Like

Re: Help by dicksonadams(m): 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
Y1nka:

Which year Civic?
Re: Help by Hondaonly: 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2019
Now my abs light is on. Just bought fuel of 2k without ac from samonda to apete and back to u.i a whole 6bars dropped to 2bars of fuel at moderate speed.
Honda don tire me
Re: Help by Smhaykins(m): 10:22pm On Oct 05, 2019
dru23:

I mainly use Honda civics 03 to 05 for uber rental.. Very study and strong cars . Never had any issue even during the raining season the car still did very well .. The maintenance on that car is God sent.. The engine is very strong .. When it comes to civic the most important thing is to treat the engine with the rite oil ...it will return the favour 10 times over ...

Yes I do have two elantra on rental.. One of my driver use to drive a corolla.. But he loves the elantra and he says the elantra has good a/c system better than the corolla.... Strong cars ,Corolla might be stronger ,but the elantra is not a push over at all .. The koreans really try have to take my hats off to them .. But due to the high cost of buying Tokunbo Elantra for uber .. I don't buy them no more too expensive.. I just stick to the civics ,is not like the civics are that cheap o ,but have been very lucky to get them at a good price ..very lucky

pls gimme ur WhatsApp number or email...I nid u to enlighten me on sumtin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vacuum Cleaner For Cars / Pic Fake Timing Belt@ 6months 10,000km / Where To Get Glass Tinted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.