Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

NIGERIA OR CANADA: Chelsea Defender Fikayo Tomori To Decide His Allegiance - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NIGERIA OR CANADA: Chelsea Defender Fikayo Tomori To Decide His Allegiance (723 Views)

Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians / Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root / Fikayo Tomori And Tammy Abraham Celebrate Nigeria's 59th Independence Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIGERIA OR CANADA: Chelsea Defender Fikayo Tomori To Decide His Allegiance by thegeniusmedia: 12:19pm On Sep 23, 2019
England, Nigeria, and Canada are ready to battle for the services of Chelsea’s defender Fikayo Tomori.

The 21-year-old was born in Calgary, Canada, to Nigerian parents but raised in England. He is eligible to represent the senior national teams of Nigeria, Canada, and England despite playing for Canada’s Under 20 team and for England’s Under 20 and Under 21 teams.

Speaking on the situation, Tomori said: ‘I’m a citizen of all three [countries] so we’ll see. I was born in Canada and lived there about seven or eight months old. My family is Nigerian, obviously I live in England. It’s nice to have that. I can’t play Under-21 football anymore so the last international break I didn’t get called up to anyone. Next one maybe we’ll see.’

His manager Frank Lampard also spoke on the situation and insisted that he won’t try to influence his decision.

Lampard said: ‘It’s his choice. I wouldn’t tell him where to play internationally. But he’s played for [England] Under-21s and if he continues with his form and keeps improving then of course I would expect there to be potential for England if Gareth chooses to select him.

‘He shouldn’t worry about it at the minute. He should just worry about how he’s playing every game or how he trains every day and That will be a nice problem for him, hopefully, if he’s eligible for three. He can chose which one he wants.’......https://www.thegeniusmedia.com.ng/2019/09/23/nigeria-or-canada-chelsea-defender-fikayo-tomori-to-decide-his-allegiance/

Re: NIGERIA OR CANADA: Chelsea Defender Fikayo Tomori To Decide His Allegiance by goldfish27(m): 12:25pm On Sep 23, 2019
Dont even think about shithole pls do what every normal thinking person will do.

1 Like

Re: NIGERIA OR CANADA: Chelsea Defender Fikayo Tomori To Decide His Allegiance by enemmo(f): 5:14pm On Sep 23, 2019
Does Canada play football?

What's the difference between England and Nigerian national teams?

He even has better opportunities with Super Eagles..at least final four at Afcon is almost guaranteed. World cup shirt is sure for him. England Team are users

I've been watching tournaments for a while now, and I'm yet to see England winning any medals
Re: NIGERIA OR CANADA: Chelsea Defender Fikayo Tomori To Decide His Allegiance by kris(m): 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2019
You make great points, but some people can’t deal with the bad organization in Nigeria, where players protest just to get paid.

enemmo:
Does Canada play football?

What's the difference between England and Nigerian national teams?

He even has better opportunities with Super Eagles..at least final four at Afcon is almost guaranteed. World cup shirt is sure for him. England Team are users

I've been watching tournaments for a while now, and I'm yet to see England winning any medals
Re: NIGERIA OR CANADA: Chelsea Defender Fikayo Tomori To Decide His Allegiance by enemmo(f): 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2019
kris:
You make great points, but some people can’t deal with the bad organization in Nigeria, where players protest just to get paid.

Thanks... True about the bad structure, that's why he should really think about it..
I think he should seek advice from trusted family members too.

(1) (Reply)

Footballer Celebrates As Ukraine Reach Euro 2020 In Girlfriend Interview(Photos) / Taribo West Ministries To Hold Crusade On December / Revealed: Mane Beats Mahrez To African Footballer Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.