Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Beautiful Nigeria - Awhum Waterfalls Enugu, Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Nigeria - Awhum Waterfalls Enugu, Nigeria (1589 Views)

Have You Heard Of Ancient And Mystic Awhum Waterfalls In Enugu Before?(video) / Arinta Waterfalls In Ekiti And Its Mysteries (Pictures, Video) / ‘Beautiful Nigeria’ Pictures After Trump’s Compliment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beautiful Nigeria - Awhum Waterfalls Enugu, Nigeria by aalangel(f): 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
Nigeria is Indeed Beautiful. Ever heard about the Awhum (pronounced Ohum) Waterfall?

It’s quite impossible to talk about nature’s gift to SOUTH-EAST Enugu without mentioning The Awhum Waterfall.

Although it’s quite on the city’s outskirt, some 24km away, in Amaugwe village, this 30 meters high waterfall and the cave are something for the adventurous tourist. Though a Catholic Monastery manages the site, there is no religious restriction into the place.

The site’s attraction is not merely its waterfall; there is a mind-blowing stretch of 300m long limestone wall.

The towering limestone walls engulf the footpath that terminated beneath a wall, narrowing into different parts of the cave in which laid the twin cascades of Awhum Waterfalls.

The First Waterfall Intrudes The Cave At About 100m From The Entrance, While The Second And Biggest Cascade Stands At The Far End Of The Cave.

Thick forest canopies that cast a mild blanket of green tincture on the limestone walls cover a good part of the site, giving the enchanting milieu of an ambiance of awe and wonder.

Pictures are not allowed at the site, but the picturesque terrain is so tempting you’ll barely know when you start clicking the shutter button on your camera. Just don’t say we didn’t warn that CAMERAS ARE NOT ALLOWED HERE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSF1-Kwe_F4

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Nigeria - Awhum Waterfalls Enugu, Nigeria by aalangel(f): 3:34pm On Oct 03, 2019
Ewan1:
Awhum Waterfall is one of the most beautiful tourist spots in Nigeria cheap real diamond rings. It is one of the most chosen waterfalls where the tourist chooses. I have seen the video you have shared here and I really want to visit that place.

That's nice...adventurous spirit.
Re: Beautiful Nigeria - Awhum Waterfalls Enugu, Nigeria by edoairways: 7:05am On Dec 26, 2019
So we have this beautiful place in Enugu yet the governor couldn't promote?

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Nigeria - Awhum Waterfalls Enugu, Nigeria by aalangel(f): 3:28pm On Dec 26, 2019
leonamargret:
Nigeria is so famous in its landscape and culture, which attracts many tourists. Hostsailor
This is my dream place and one day surely I will go there. Actually, I am not aware of this waterfall , thanks for sharing this post.

You're welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In Nigeria (NIN) Vs Nigerians In The Diaspora / Ksf Place Hotel / Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.