Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:08 PM

My Bitter Exprience With Nipost - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Bitter Exprience With Nipost (20127 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Ecobank / Share Your Exprience When You Start Using 2go.. / My Bitter Experience With God Is Good Motors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Shaev7(m): 10:27am On Sep 27, 2019
Daniel2802:
Good day, still don't know why I wasn't chanced to write this earlier, the rage inside has reduced now. Still I can't see things going bad that bad and keep quiet. I personally believe that change actually begins with I and you. Let's skip the drama and let me lament.
This is my second time of using Nipost, the first was when I received a parcel from Lagos and it got to me at Nsukka in three working days.

I made a purchase on Aliexpress and patiently waited for it to arrive. Do you know that anxiousness that comes when you order something and all? Yeah, it got hold of me. Tracked the package and it showed "Receive item at delivery office (Inb),A 2019-09-20 12:20:00 [Nigeria]". I went to UNN post office that Friday by 3:45 pm to check for my package, apart from the poor reception by the old woman who was at the front desk, she rudely directed me to an office inside.

I went inside and met the man and told him why I was there, he replied with, "We have been attending to Alixexpress orders since morning, we are busy with other things...". I stared at the man and hesitated to go, he looked at me and in an attempt to give me false hope asked me my name, to which I answered him. He told me he hasn't seen any parcel with that name and told me to come back on Monday. I humbly left for my place.

Fast forward to today being Monday, wanted to go as early as 8 am but I remembered it was a Government establishment I was heading to, so I waited a bit. Got there by 10:48 am, lo and behold I met a woman still mopping the office, let's call her woman A. I was shocked beyond words, she was only concerned with me not entering inside the office so as not to dirty the newly mopped old tiles. Due to the fact that I don't like to add to someone's work, I waited till the floor got dried and I went in.

I went straight to the office of the man that instructed me to come on Monday only for him to tell me they are busy. I became bittered and wondered what were they busy with. Oh, mopping of the floor by 11: 00 am. I jejely went back to their front desk and stood, I wonder why there are no chairs for customers to sit on and wait for the "busy people". While waiting another student came, she had a case of missing goods but her own story is one for another day.

Still standing, I was scanning the room with my eyes looking for a number I can complain to. Saw two numbers on a document posted on the walls of the building, 07055991756 and 07055991740 around 11:21 am. Tried both severally but the number refused to connect. We were there then a man in a suit came in, trust we Nigerians to showcase the 'Big man' mentality. People I didn't know were inside the building came out to address his issue. I muttered bitterly, "Shey it's because I didn't come here with a car that's why they don't want to attend to us".

The painful thing is the woman that is supposed to attend to us was still 'busy' mopping her part of the office and didn't bother to say a word to us except, "Shift from the road before this mud touch you", let's call her woman B. Woman A's concern was that we were blocking the front desk, the counter is very wide and she was the only there with nobody to attend to us. After more complaining, I still don't know why it's the language we choose to understand, another man there asked that those in charge should attend to us. The first man insisted that the woman was busy, the other man told us to exercise patience.

I suggested to the other girl to check Nipost's office for their official number, and we got it 07000NIPOST and I dialled it. It went through normal Customer Care call ish till I got to the part where I could complain. It connected with an agent and I started speaking to her, poured out my heart to her only to check my phone and see that the line had disconnected. I don't know if my issue made her end the call or not. Tried the number again severally, they kept saying their agents are busy at the moment. I wonder how many people are complaining about Nipost at the same time as me.

Finally, by 12:00 pm the man that was telling me they were busy came to us and took us to the Aliexpress parcel part of the office. He looked at us and asked," You people don't understand the meaning of someone being busy?, So if you were busy with something at home and someone came, you would leave the thing to attend to the person?". I laughed in mind and replied," Yes Sir I will". He was shocked, maybe he was expecting me to support him so as to obtain my parcel. He tried to suggestify his actions with the excuse that if they start handling Aliexpress orders, they will be stuck with it till 4 pm. Shey, they want to come to work and be idle?

In the end, the other two girls saw their parcel and I didn't see mine in their book, yet Nipost's website is saying the stuff has arrived. Let me not think to that side yet.

My annoyance is not the fact that I didn't see my stuff but the way they treated us because we were students. We students are busy too, ask around exams has started in UNN. Yet they treated us anyhow and many times said, if we couldn't wait, we should go back and come the next day.
I am also displeased with the fact that a whole Nipost has no efficient customer care line. The branch has poor customer service and all, don't know if it's because it's filled with old people who feel they are doing you a favour.

Thanks for reading, I hope we can push it to the relevant authorities.

A Concerned Nigerian.

CC
lalasticlala
Sorry bro..That's what government agency does to common men. I receive parcel from Aliexpress and it comes via NIPOST and its fair. Though old folks there.. lol
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 27, 2019
Daniel2802:
Good day, still don't know why I wasn't chanced to write this earlier, the rage inside has reduced now. Still I can't see things going bad that bad and keep quiet. I personally believe that change actually begins with I and you. Let's skip the drama and let me lament.
This is my second time of using Nipost, the first was when I received a parcel from Lagos and it got to me at Nsukka in three working days.

I made a purchase on Aliexpress and patiently waited for it to arrive. Do you know that anxiousness that comes when you order something and all? Yeah, it got hold of me. Tracked the package and it showed "Receive item at delivery office (Inb),A 2019-09-20 12:20:00 [Nigeria]". I went to UNN post office that Friday by 3:45 pm to check for my package, apart from the poor reception by the old woman who was at the front desk, she rudely directed me to an office inside.

I went inside and met the man and told him why I was there, he replied with, "We have been attending to Alixexpress orders since morning, we are busy with other things...". I stared at the man and hesitated to go, he looked at me and in an attempt to give me false hope asked me my name, to which I answered him. He told me he hasn't seen any parcel with that name and told me to come back on Monday. I humbly left for my place.

Fast forward to today being Monday, wanted to go as early as 8 am but I remembered it was a Government establishment I was heading to, so I waited a bit. Got there by 10:48 am, lo and behold I met a woman still mopping the office, let's call her woman A. I was shocked beyond words, she was only concerned with me not entering inside the office so as not to dirty the newly mopped old tiles. Due to the fact that I don't like to add to someone's work, I waited till the floor got dried and I went in.

I went straight to the office of the man that instructed me to come on Monday only for him to tell me they are busy. I became bittered and wondered what were they busy with. Oh, mopping of the floor by 11: 00 am. I jejely went back to their front desk and stood, I wonder why there are no chairs for customers to sit on and wait for the "busy people". While waiting another student came, she had a case of missing goods but her own story is one for another day.

Still standing, I was scanning the room with my eyes looking for a number I can complain to. Saw two numbers on a document posted on the walls of the building, 07055991756 and 07055991740 around 11:21 am. Tried both severally but the number refused to connect. We were there then a man in a suit came in, trust we Nigerians to showcase the 'Big man' mentality. People I didn't know were inside the building came out to address his issue. I muttered bitterly, "Shey it's because I didn't come here with a car that's why they don't want to attend to us".

The painful thing is the woman that is supposed to attend to us was still 'busy' mopping her part of the office and didn't bother to say a word to us except, "Shift from the road before this mud touch you", let's call her woman B. Woman A's concern was that we were blocking the front desk, the counter is very wide and she was the only there with nobody to attend to us. After more complaining, I still don't know why it's the language we choose to understand, another man there asked that those in charge should attend to us. The first man insisted that the woman was busy, the other man told us to exercise patience.

I suggested to the other girl to check Nipost's office for their official number, and we got it 07000NIPOST and I dialled it. It went through normal Customer Care call ish till I got to the part where I could complain. It connected with an agent and I started speaking to her, poured out my heart to her only to check my phone and see that the line had disconnected. I don't know if my issue made her end the call or not. Tried the number again severally, they kept saying their agents are busy at the moment. I wonder how many people are complaining about Nipost at the same time as me.

Finally, by 12:00 pm the man that was telling me they were busy came to us and took us to the Aliexpress parcel part of the office. He looked at us and asked," You people don't understand the meaning of someone being busy?, So if you were busy with something at home and someone came, you would leave the thing to attend to the person?". I laughed in mind and replied," Yes Sir I will". He was shocked, maybe he was expecting me to support him so as to obtain my parcel. He tried to suggestify his actions with the excuse that if they start handling Aliexpress orders, they will be stuck with it till 4 pm. Shey, they want to come to work and be idle?

In the end, the other two girls saw their parcel and I didn't see mine in their book, yet Nipost's website is saying the stuff has arrived. Let me not think to that side yet.

My annoyance is not the fact that I didn't see my stuff but the way they treated us because we were students. We students are busy too, ask around exams has started in UNN. Yet they treated us anyhow and many times said, if we couldn't wait, we should go back and come the next day.
I am also displeased with the fact that a whole Nipost has no efficient customer care line. The branch has poor customer service and all, don't know if it's because it's filled with old people who feel they are doing you a favour.

A Concerned Nigerian.

CC
lalasticlala

My brother even if u use DHL, no one is better. DHL and FedEx must collect custom fee from you. Nigeria is a failed state

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 27, 2019
nkwuocha1:

Best NIPOST is Abuja.No bribe no corruption and very professional.
Exactly.
How did u know?

Even when I lost the key to my box, I was given another key and paid my yearly due. That's all.

If u are sending big items abroad, Nipost charges lower and your items will stop at your door.

Some of the private courier services will tell u not to add this or that still charging u so much. U will have to go to their office( might take u 4 hrs to get there) to carry your stuff. I prefer Nipost abeg.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by AerialMapper: 10:32am On Sep 27, 2019
NIPOST is useless.

You can track all international orders up to the point it is handed over to NIPOST and then it all goes dark! No tracking, no information, nothing until the day you are fortunate to get the delivery or look for it yourself.

My advise...go on twitter and call them out and be sure to cc @DrJoeAbah
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Dukeolumidemans(m): 10:32am On Sep 27, 2019
I purchased two items from Europe for a very expensive price and they never called me when it came, never texted me and after s long while the system online said I have received the parcel which I did not.

I traced it to one Kemi who was the receipiant. They wasted my time, money and I lost alot during this period because of that percel. On top of that, they lied that I've received it.
Am fuuuucking suing them for damages.....and I won't rest till they pay every $$$ involved. Someone needs to teach these idiots a lession. QED
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Saintly01(m): 10:34am On Sep 27, 2019
I tire for this country.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by alphaNomega: 10:34am On Sep 27, 2019
Sapiosexuality:
The Nigerian civil service is big problem to this country. Lazy and entitled. Rude and proud. A lot of civil servants need to lose their jobs. This is happening everywhere. And what the useless servicom who ought to monitor these things? Smh.

Nigeria Airways and NiTel are gone, feel better?

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by holuphisayor(m): 10:38am On Sep 27, 2019
Jayslicky:
Who uses NIPOST in this age, using NIPOST is just like using a camel to travel to Algeria.
grin
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by uuzba(m): 10:39am On Sep 27, 2019
Emmzy201:
this is Nigeria where nothing is working
Why aren't things working?
Is it not Nigerians in control of those things that are not working?
So why don't same Nigerians want those things to work?
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by stagger: 10:43am On Sep 27, 2019
ugwum007:
Sorry for your experience with Nipost. I have been using nipost for the past 3years now to take deliveries from aliexpress and I have enjoyed it throughout. The customer service have been top notch especially the offices at Mararaba nasarawa state, area1 and zone3 Abuja. You have to learn how to appear with authority before people especially Nigerians, nobody will look at you if you talk like a fearful wet kitten.

I concur.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by gabicon: 10:50am On Sep 27, 2019
Daniel2802:

A Concerned Nigerian.

CC
lalasticlala

My dear, send a mail to the postmaster general and thank me later. I had a similar experience with them sent a mail on Friday, by 8am on Monday the guys at the post office were practically begging me to come get my parcel.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by fm001(m): 10:52am On Sep 27, 2019
Customer relation in public offices in Nigeria is dead... Only bribery or Political influence activate this....smh
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by ikcid: 11:00am On Sep 27, 2019
Owerri General Post office at Ama JK have very nice people. They always call immediately my parcel arrive.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 27, 2019
mcvities:

I can tell you that you just didn't want to follow up on your phones, you would have received your parcel.

Nigerians should learn how to escalate issues and not just give up. I am sure those phones are inside one office gathering dust.

Immediately your item showed that it has arrived Nigeria, you should have gone to their office with the tracking number to start checking for the parcel, that way you can be directed to the particular branch where it is.

You still have time, go back to the post office, follow up on your phone and escalate the issue.
Unfortunately, I’m not in Nigeria. That’s why I could not do much about it. Had to just let it go.

It’s a long time tho. August last year. I’m sure it’s gone. But if you want to go through the stress, I can look for the tracking information and send to you
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by soullove1881(m): 11:04am On Sep 27, 2019
Hi friend, I've been using Nipost to collect parcel from AliExpress & Alibaba since 2009 and with all honesty, I'd received over 850 items via this medium. You know it's easy to know this based on AliExpress ranking 'platimum'
In a nutshell, Nipost is very effective but location differ and mentality of some workers towards their job. Enugu is generally a lawless state hence, bribery won't be inevitable. Next time, make a friend with the woman or whoever incharge and I can assure you that even on Saturdays he/she might service your request, lol.
This is not to say that all Nipost workers are corrupt cox osogbo for instance, they are very matured workers, ogbomoso isn't like that because of Yahoo boys, the post office there believe anyone collecting parcel from their office are Yahoo Bois and must drop something, lol.
Here in Akwa Ibom, thy are full of ingrates, thy only worship you anytime you drop something and forget you almost immediately.

#KnowWhoYouAreDealingWith!!!

Daniel2802:

A Concerned Nigerian.

CC
lalasticlala
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by sawdi: 11:06am On Sep 27, 2019
Daniel2802:

A Concerned Nigerian.

CC
lalasticlala

Why buy from Aliexpress when you can buy from 1688.com with reliable cargo companies.

That’s just the Nigeria system especially those working in government parastatals. They be acting as if they are doing you a favour when it’s in fact their work.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 27, 2019
Daniel2802:

Yeah, it's my location Enugu. The first time I received something, the woman made sure I gave her recharge card because she called me to pick my package.
Op next time, wait for the post office to call you or message you to pick up your parcel. I've been buying stuffs from aliexpress for 5 years now and I got ko complaints.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by kowalsky: 11:13am On Sep 27, 2019
peacettw:
Hmmm. Just left NIPOST and I have nothing but good reviews.

@op, I really don't know why you are bothered especially when there is a caveat of aliexpress returning back your money in 90 days if you haven't gotten your item.

Anytime I order something from AliExpress, I allow for that window to elapse before raising any complaints with AliExpress and not NIPOST. It's that simple. Just open a dispute.

You are not obliged to pay for any credit so don't do that again unless u want to. Also make friends with the person in charge so that he or she can inform you when your package arrives. I have 5 of their numbers with me now.

Finally, do relax, life isn't that complex so stop making a mountain out of a molehill.

Did you read his post or are you trying to picture his narrative with rose colored glasses.

What this guy just described here is an appalling case of very very very poor customer service. And just so you know those employees only act like that because it's a government establishment and probably because they sensed that he was a 'hustler'

No professionalism whatsoever and an always condescending demeanor - I'm very familiar with that attitude. It comes from nonchalant, unmotivated government employees who feel it's your social prerogative to wet their palms or worse still, when you lack the means, grovel at their feet.

It goes on because like you, majority of Nigerians have come to accept it as normal.
After all 'what can we do sef. '. 'na naija way be that. '

Mediocrity is not normal. Sooner Nigerians realize that the faster we can kickstart the revolution this country badly needs. Not that im counting on it tho undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by amiibaby(f): 11:26am On Sep 27, 2019
Pls am interested in this. How do I get the email address
gabicon:

My dear, send a mail to the postmaster general and thank me later. I had a similar experience with them sent a mail on Friday, by 8am on Monday the guys at the post office were practically begging me to come get my parcel.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Myzzyfrazzy(m): 11:36am On Sep 27, 2019
every time o go pick a parcel i get charged 500 naira for each parcel the oga say its handling fee.. i dont know if its the same for other offices
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by midnighter(f): 11:41am On Sep 27, 2019
Didn't even know nipost was still active, the one where I am is where they gather to sell indomie and egg
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 27, 2019
i'm glad someone finally spoke out on this issue, lets leave the rude and non-nonchalant attitude aside, i had a terrible experience with picking up my package with those Nipost staffs, at one time about 5 packages i ordered once was stolen in the Nipost headquarters in port harcourt and they kept on posting me come today , come tomorrow,
i dont want to start accusing somebody's father or mother , but you see those Nipost staffs are all scammers, like someone said, once that package gets to Nigeria you lose track of the tracking details, which gives them the opportunity to do anyhow.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by DarkJeddi(m): 12:09pm On Sep 27, 2019
Davash222:
You used NIPOST?? You get mind o.
I've used NIPOST to receive several orders from Aliexpress and they delivered each time,

Maybe it has to do with the particular branch of NIPOST,but many are efficient and calls you on time to come and collect your items.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by extremelygolden: 12:10pm On Sep 27, 2019
Nipost? Do they still function?
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by armadeo(m): 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2019
You guys should learn how to act brash. These people I am sorry to say have no levels and are gladly rude to anyone who appears meek and docile.

Show some level of confidence and strength of character you'll get your respect and quick response.

I've learnt this a long time ago.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by DarkJeddi(m): 12:17pm On Sep 27, 2019
Myzzyfrazzy:
every time o go pick a parcel i get charged 500 naira for each parcel the oga say its handling fee.. i dont know if its the same for other offices
You pay handling fees but the cost is dependent on the weight of the item,

I've never paid more than #300 for my items,sometimes #150..

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by real777(m): 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2019
I paid 300 Naira to pick up a shirt I bought at AliExpress here in their Ugbowo office opposite UNIBEN (Benin City). The thieves wanted me to give them #500 for an item of just 0.23kg & no receipt issued.

Those guys are making killings. Every item attracts a fee of 200 to 500 as pasted on their wall. My item came exactly two weeks & they called to come pick it. The way you present yourself in naija matters. I'm not a senator or a rich man (I no even get car) anywhere I go, people think I'm a VIP despite my humility.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by wunmi590(m): 12:26pm On Sep 27, 2019
peacettw:
Hmmm. Just left NIPOST and I have nothing but good reviews.

@op, I really don't know why you are bothered especially when there is a caveat of aliexpress returning back your money in 90 days if you haven't gotten your item.

Anytime I order something from AliExpress, I allow for that window to elapse before raising any complaints with AliExpress and not NIPOST. It's that simple. Just open a dispute.

You are not obliged to pay for any credit so don't do that again unless u want to. Also make friends with the person in charge so that he or she can inform you when your package arrives. I have 5 of their numbers with me now.

Finally, do relax, life isn't that complex so stop making a mountain out of a molehill.

Honestly, you just spoke my mind.

I feel the guy went there with the pain of fighting them, or he spoke to them rudely, am not saying most of these NIPOST workers are nice, but some are good.

Though my mum work in NIPOST but not in collection and dispatch department.

I have one person that has been bringing my parcel for me, intact he doesn't even come to my house anymore, and he doesn't call me, once my parcel is ready, he has my office address, because he know I will always be in the office, he will just bring it down and I will just give him 500 for transport sport.

Such a nice man, the last parcel I collected was last week of last month, I was not in the office, and my colleague called me that your NIPSOST man is around, and I told them to help me recieve it and give him #500 and he left.

I still have like 10 awaited parcel from aliexpress, which I dont even stress or bother myself, because it can't be missing or stolen.

The guy use to help me monitor all my package like his family, once he sees it, my office straight the next day.

Experience from lagos

Most times too how you approach people matter

5 Likes

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Ifeanyimike123: 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2019
But wait oo why is old always angry if you no greet them in the morning na wahala is it because they know they are going to die soon

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by benitwater(m): 12:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
Zeinymira:

The present guy always insist I pay #200 on each package and it is really annoying
11-50kg items attract a fee of #200 .
51kg upward attracts #500 which you will be giving psr(receipt)for the amount paid.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by PeachtreeReside(f): 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2019
Daniel2802:

A Concerned Nigerian.

CC
lalasticlala

Send it to Nipost on Twitter!
Then tag others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nathaniel Bassey Shares His Relationship Experience (so Educative) / Chinese Doctors Bowing Down To A 11 Year Old Boy Who Donated His Organs / Smartest Romanceland Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.