Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

My Bitter Exprience With Nipost - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Bitter Exprience With Nipost (20188 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Ecobank / Share Your Exprience When You Start Using 2go.. / My Bitter Experience With God Is Good Motors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Ejiphill09(m): 1:05pm On Sep 27, 2019
Daniel2802:
Good day, still don't know why I wasn't chanced to write this earlier, the rage inside has reduced now. Still I can't see things going bad that bad and keep quiet. I personally believe that change actually begins with I and you. Let's skip the drama and let me lament.
This is my second time of using Nipost, the first was when I received a parcel from Lagos and it got to me at Nsukka in three working days.

I made a purchase on Aliexpress and patiently waited for it to arrive. Do you know that anxiousness that comes when you order something and all? Yeah, it got hold of me. Tracked the package and it showed "Receive item at delivery office (Inb),A 2019-09-20 12:20:00 [Nigeria]". I went to UNN post office that Friday by 3:45 pm to check for my package, apart from the poor reception by the old

CC
lalasticlala
Quote me with your number let's talk
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Gazzy88(m): 1:25pm On Sep 27, 2019
sawdi:

Why buy from Aliexpress when you can buy from 1688.com with reliable cargo companies.

That’s just the Nigeria system especially those working in government parastatals. They be acting as if they are doing you a favour when it’s in fact their work.
Do you have any contacts of reliable cargo companies I can use? That can help in paying and shipping.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by meccuno: 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2019
nairalandposter:
I didn't read the post but sorry.
grin
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by sawdi: 2:24pm On Sep 27, 2019
Gazzy88:
Do you have any contacts of reliable cargo companies I can use? That can help in paying and shipping.

Sky cargo

Cheap, fast and can track your goods
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by gabicon: 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
amiibaby:
Pls am interested in this. How do I get the email address

Tel: 07000NIPOST, 07000647678
E-mail: customerservice@nipost.gov.ng,
pmg@nipost.gov.ng
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Gazzy88(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2019
sawdi:

Sky cargo

Cheap, fast and can track your goods
Can it also help make payment?
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by peacettw: 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
wunmi590:

Honestly, you just spoke my mind.

I feel the guy went there with the pain of fighting them, or he spoke to them rudely, am not saying most of these NIPOST workers are nice, but some are good.

Though my mum work in NIPOST but not in collection and dispatch department.

I have one person that has been bringing my parcel for me, intact he doesn't even come to my house anymore, and he doesn't call me, once my parcel is ready, he has my office address, because he know I will always be in the office, he will just bring it down and I will just give him 500 for transport sport.

Such a nice man, the last parcel I collected was last week of last month, I was not in the office, and my colleague called me that your NIPSOST man is around, and I told them to help me recieve it and give him #500 and he left.

I still have like 10 awaited parcel from aliexpress, which I dont even stress or bother myself, because it can't be missing or stolen.

The guy use to help me monitor all my package like his family, once he sees it, my office straight the next day.

Experience from lagos

Most times too how you approach people matter

Well said

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by raphroye: 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
samuelchimmy:
what did you do, Abi did you just wait for your goods to land on your roof?
I've contacted Ali express for a refund

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by ewizard1: 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2019
I see someone say, "You are not entitled to pay.... bla bla!!!"

You think those people would call you again next time? That recharge card money is what motivates them to call you next time. Its same everywhere. Even Surulere in Lagos.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by ewizard1: 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2019
wunmi590:

I feel the guy went there with the pain of fighting them, or he spoke to them rudely, am not saying most of these NIPOST workers are nice, but some are good.

I have one person that has been bringing my parcel for me, intact he doesn't even come to my house anymore, and he doesn't call me, once my parcel is ready, he has my office address, because he know I will always be in the office, he will just bring it down and I will just give him 500 for transport sport.

Such a nice man, the last parcel I collected was last week of last month, I was not in the office, and my colleague called me that your NIPSOST man is around, and I told them to help me recieve it and give him #500 and he left.

I still have like 10 awaited parcel from aliexpress, which I dont even stress or bother myself, because it can't be missing or stolen.

The guy use to help me monitor all my package like his family, once he sees it, my office straight the next day.

Experience from lagos

The N500 is what always makes him a nice man.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by wunmi590(m): 6:13pm On Sep 27, 2019
ewizard1:

The N500 is what always makes him a nice man.

Lol, even the 500, I see it as too small form him self, when he collect it, he will even be thanking me well, as if I gave him 1million
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by ewizard1: 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2019
wunmi590:

Lol, even the 500, I see it as too small form him self, when he collect it, he will even be thanking me well, as if I gave him 1million
Yes, that's because the money is his pocket money. You aren't supposed to pay. The other ways they ask me for money is recharge card used to call me. It gets as little as N100.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by wunmi590(m): 6:25pm On Sep 27, 2019
ewizard1:

Yes, that's because the money is his pocket money. You aren't supposed to pay. The other ways they ask me for money is recharge card used to call me. It gets as little as N100.

Yes you are right.

The reason I give him the money is because he had to deviate from his normal protocol of taking the parcel to my house instead of my office.

Though my house is not far to my house both on the island, in Lagos, but just use that to appreciate his effort.

Because if it's another person, he might return it to the office and and call me to come and pick it up, and my mum doesn't work in the branch where the parcel would land to help me pick it up.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by lx3as(m): 6:48pm On Sep 27, 2019
Blakjewelry:
lol did you check if the delivery is Lagos office or your location? aliexpress can delay some especially with buhari putting too much eye on what comes in, as in too much screening even those guys do China shipping are feeling the bite. in fact most of my package via those shippers get ransacked and some items even went missing.
as for nipost, I think its a just a means of keeping some old folks employed. even the young people there look old lol, anyway I don't have problem with them because I put on my best smile anytime I am visiting and most of the guys on the deck know, apart from recharge they ask every time no wahala

I don't even know the next thing to do; my parcel, through tracking, has arrived Lagos since 8th September, I waited until on 16th to check Ogui, Enugu PO but told to check back. I went today 27th, I was told that the parcel not there yet but to wait till I would be called.

However, my experience with them before was cool.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by amiibaby(f): 7:07pm On Sep 27, 2019
Thanks
gabicon:

Tel: 07000NIPOST, 07000647678
E-mail: customerservice@nipost.gov.ng,
pmg@nipost.gov.ng
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Blakjewelry(m): 7:54pm On Sep 27, 2019
lx3as:

I don't even know the next thing to do; my parcel, through tracking, has arrived Lagos since 8th September, I waited until on 16th to check Ogui, Enugu PO but told to check back. I went today 27th, I was told that the parcel not there yet but to wait till I would be called.

However, my experience with them before was cool.
Just be patient, it might have to do with buhari policy on importation
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by piscesgem(m): 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2019
ikcid:
Owerri General Post office at Ama JK have very nice people. They always call immediately my parcel arrive.

This is very very correct...due to the way they do their work I take it as a responsibility to always tip the women anytime I pick up an item, even if the item is free to receive

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by nams77: 6:20am On Sep 28, 2019
Blakjewelry:
lol did you check if the delivery is Lagos office or your location? aliexpress can delay some especially with buhari putting too much eye on what comes in, as in too much screening even those guys do China shipping are feeling the bite. in fact most of my package via those shippers get ransacked and some items even went missing.
as for nipost, I think its a just a means of keeping some old folks employed. even the young people there look old lol, anyway I don't have problem with them because I put on my best smile anytime I am visiting and most of the guys on the deck know, apart from recharge they ask every time no wahala
Well, op what the guy above said is right. I also tracked my item and it showed it has reached its final destination. I hurried to nipost and was told it hasn't arrived. I called my colleague who has had several dealings with them and she told me to relax that they would eventually call me. Two days later, i got a call from someone in nipost to come and collect my parcel with 200 naira.
The reception was okay, maybe cause i am a big man grin
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by lx3as(m): 7:17am On Sep 28, 2019
Blakjewelry:
Just be patient, it might have to do with buhari policy on importation
Alright, thanks.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Daniel2802(m): 8:36pm On Sep 28, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:

from your tracking details your goods is due for collection ,check the next day ,if you dont get it,,, tell them to track it for you by giving them the tracking number and raise a case ,simple,, every nipost office has an internet tracking section
Sorry, been busy with exams, well I scanned around, didn't see any computer.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Daniel2802(m): 8:40pm On Sep 28, 2019
peacettw:
Hmmm. Just left NIPOST and I have nothing but good reviews.

@op, I really don't know why you are bothered especially when there is a caveat of aliexpress returning back your money in 90 days if you haven't gotten your item.

Anytime I order something from AliExpress, I allow for that window to elapse before raising any complaints with AliExpress and not NIPOST. It's that simple. Just open a dispute.

You are not obliged to pay for any credit so don't do that again unless u want to. Also make friends with the person in charge so that he or she can inform you when your package arrives. I have 5 of their numbers with me now.

Finally, do relax, life isn't that complex so stop making a mountain out of a molehill.
I am actually not bothered about not receiving what I ordered, I'm bothered about how things are ran there. We can't be all mad in this country.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Daniel2802(m): 8:43pm On Sep 28, 2019
ajayiopy:

next time,google their customer care email,twiter handle and you will get result within 24 hours

Lol, what of people without smartphones? Who can they call to complain to? Their correct numbers should be posted boldly at all branches.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Daniel2802(m): 8:47pm On Sep 28, 2019
gurunlocker:
Next time, add your number to the address you input on Aliexpress.

Most Nipost offices have foolish and rude staffs. I've had my own share also, but I know how to deal with them. We are friends now and they call or text when I got a package.
My number is added to the package. That's the problem with the Nigerian Civil Service, must I befriend a staff before they can perform their duties efficiently?
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Daniel2802(m): 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2019
babstope05:
I don't know how effective SERVICOM is, but I think you should report this issue to them. Kindly make your complaint very detailed.
I actually posted the link to this thread and tagged Servicom, Nipost and the Nigeria Civil Service the day I published this, till now no response.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Daniel2802(m): 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2019
wunmi590:

Experience from lagos

Lol, why would I leave my house with the intention of fighting anybody? Well, your feelings are very very wrong. I have better things to do with my time than that. That's the issue, we tend to befriend someone working in an agency so that when we come around we get preferential treatment. I don't do that way. Then again you were not the person there that Monday morning.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Daniel2802(m): 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2019
Ejiphill09:

Quote me with your number let's talk

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by ChijiokeProphet: 10:31am On Sep 29, 2019
Today's NIPOST is a novel idea. Of the many Federal establishments in Nigeria, NIPOST is the one man standing among the many giants that has fallen. The writer of this piece had once earlier, received his ordered item in good faith only to cry wolf where he had not clearly ascertained the cause of his latest order. I have been a customer of NIPOST for quite sometime now and I must tell you that they was a time when I sent for a smartphone and I got a spectacle all addressed to me from the originating company. I put up a report to the office of origination and I was informed that what was sent to me by the company was a spectacle and not a smartphone. I then wrote the company and they wouldn't reply me only for me to find out that the company was a scam. Now, the fact that you saw some old folks cleaning office at 10 am does not mean they where just coming to the office. Shoprite, Spar and other big stores clean their offices at will. So why should this one be an exception. The question that I ask now is, have you, the writer received your ordered item? If not, send your details so that you would be attended to immediately. It is a pity that you didn't get what you bargained for as per your report but you should diligently follow your order. I spoke to the Officers of NIPOST who are up and doing. The concerned officers at the head office have taken up the service failure report that you have highlighted. Servicom should be up and doing in this matter. Thanks.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Tydarl: 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2019
pyrex23:

Nipost is still actually very active..

Just their very poor customer service..

Most of my AliExpress orders are through Nipost..

Hello pls can you explain how I can place order on AliExpress and receive my package in Port Harcourt? This is my first time pls.

What info do I need?
Any documents needed?
What kind of credit card do I use?
Can I receive my items at the post office?

Pls help
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by pyrex23(m): 1:15pm On Sep 30, 2019
Tydarl:

Hello pls can you explain how I can place order on AliExpress and receive my package in Port Harcourt? This is my first time pls.

What info do I need?
Any documents needed?
What kind of credit card do I use?
Can I receive my items at the post office?

Pls help

MasterCard or visa

The item would be delivered to the nearest post office to the address you choose to use..
Or you can put the address of the post office there..

Search online for the postcode of the address

To collect your item from the post office you need
National Id card or voters card or drivers license..
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Tydarl: 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2019
pyrex23:

MasterCard or visa

The item would be delivered to the nearest post office to the address you choose to use..
Or you can put the address of the post office there..

Search online for the postcode of the address

To collect your item from the post office you need
National Id card or voters card or drivers license..

Thank you so much. So I will just register in AliExpress, pick any item I want and pay with my card?

Also, is buying on AliExpress safe, like I won’t have any issues with theft by the people at NIPOST?
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by pyrex23(m): 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
Tydarl:

Thank you so much. So I will just register in AliExpress, pick any item I want and pay with my card?

Also, is buying on AliExpress safe, like I won’t have any issues with theft by the people at NIPOST?

Install the AliExpress app
Create and account.. login

Search for what you want to order...
Choose the specs/color..
Fill in your address..
Choose a TRACKABLE Shipping option.. AliExpress standard shipping should be your preferred option if available..
Make Payment..
Takes 2-3weeks for your order to get here..

Once your item gets to the post office..
You'll be charged some change at the PO depending on the size/weight of the item..
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Tydarl: 10:37pm On Sep 30, 2019
pyrex23:

Install the AliExpress app
Create and account.. login

Search for what you want to order...
Choose the specs/color..
Fill in your address..
Choose a TRACKABLE Shipping option.. AliExpress standard shipping should be your preferred option if available..
Make Payment..
Takes 2-3weeks for your order to get here..

Once your item gets to the post office..
You'll be charged some change at the PO depending on the size/weight of the item..

Thank you. I’m grateful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules / Nigerians And Their Respective Way Of Thinking / Nathaniel Bassey Shares His Relationship Experience (so Educative)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.