Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

My Bitter Exprience With Nipost - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Bitter Exprience With Nipost (20191 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Ecobank / Share Your Exprience When You Start Using 2go.. / My Bitter Experience With God Is Good Motors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 10:43am On Oct 02, 2019
It's, are you sure you didn't go too far on this. From your tracking, the location of your item is Enugu and you are going to UNN office to claim it. You should have known that both location are a far distance, entirely different city, local govt and senatorial zone. Haha! This your write up has evil intention ooo. You just want to send families into poverty and penury for this your unguided write up.

I stay in UNN and run things a lot with NIPOST, NIPOST is one ot the government uncared Dept. that is still striving to uphold quality services against all odds. If you were given attitude, I strongly believe they gave you back what you gave them.
You and I know, you won't say kpim if it were to be an office in UNN. You would have slept in the at the security. You actually looked down on the staff you met at the post office and they mirrors back to you what you what you gave them. I smile always anytime I fist there and if there is any confusion I will humbly ask questions and get clarifications, now I know a lot how they are managing to function and they are my reliable pick anytime. Just make friends with whoever renders one service and you will never regret any of your service.

Thank God you even testify of your first experience. Your second experience, that is not that they lost or stolen your item, you have come to tell us in detail and then render some more people unemployed in this our country. Your anxiety and impatient brought that fate to you.

You should have reported to a higher authority and if nothing is done you can then come here.

Yours was just an unwarranted hate speech. Thank you.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 10:45am On Oct 02, 2019
Daniel2802:

Yeah, it's my location Enugu. The first time I received something, the woman made sure I gave her recharge card because she called me to pick my package.

Enugu is a different location, city, local government and senatorial zone from Nsukka that is hosting UNN.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 10:49am On Oct 02, 2019
ugwum007:
Sorry for your experience with Nipost. I have been using nipost for the past 3years now to take deliveries from aliexpress and I have enjoyed it throughout. The customer service have been top notch especially the offices at Mararaba nasarawa state, area1 and zone3 Abuja. You have to learn how to appear with authority before people especially Nigerians, nobody will look at you if you talk like a fearful wet kitten.

It's attitude issues I believed. You only get what you attract.
You put up fight attitude, what do you think you will get considering the situation in 9ja
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 10:56am On Oct 02, 2019
lazinny:
What are the odds!! I just left nipost 2 mins ago. The one at Enugu town sha, not Nsukka. The Enugu branch was recently renovated , they have a bench for people to sit and wait but the crowd these days is something else. I remember 3-6yrs back when I go to pickup AliExpress packages , I don't spend 2 minutes there I pickup and leave. These days with Penetration of ecommerce the volumes they handle has increased exponentially you can spend 30-1hr if you don't come in the morning as they open. They don't have the best customer service but they get the job done, haven't lost any package and they normally call me to pickup a day or 2 after they receive my item.

Customer service will vary from branch to branch but Las Las it's a government office and you know how government things are in Nigeria.

From his story, they check for his name. A beg help ask him if he was expecting to be treated like a king about wetin, if it were to be one of the deptal offices in UNN, any noise he makes will land in UNN security cell.

Attitude issues I see clearly. Anxiety leading to impatience that made him forget Enugu is quite different from Nsukka.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 11:07am On Oct 02, 2019
Lucky4real28:
Sorry for the bitter experience but what were you expecting from a Nigerian government coy, when sending within Nigeria Redstar is way better but from abroad just use fedex or Dhl and save yourself the stress and headache. Your item can easily go missing with Nipost, sometimes the quantity missing especially when shipped from abroad, it Might even get stuck with custom and never clears. Even if it does the local Nipost office will exploit you by asking for ridiculous amount of money to get your package.

The ridiculous amount I guess is the handle charge of between 200 and 500.
If ask them why they will explain. They explained to me it is official and they issue receipt for it. That is to say it is legal. At times I do give money for recharge because thats an extra service they are rendering, the nature of this e-commerce mail is such that I must come and claim at the office. If it were to come by ems, they will have to find me, even if my address is in the moon.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 11:10am On Oct 02, 2019
wunmi590:

Honestly, you just spoke my mind.

I feel the guy went there with the pain of fighting them, or he spoke to them rudely, am not saying most of these NIPOST workers are nice, but some are good.

Though my mum work in NIPOST but not in collection and dispatch department.

I have one person that has been bringing my parcel for me, intact he doesn't even come to my house anymore, and he doesn't call me, once my parcel is ready, he has my office address, because he know I will always be in the office, he will just bring it down and I will just give him 500 for transport sport.

Such a nice man, the last parcel I collected was last week of last month, I was not in the office, and my colleague called me that your NIPSOST man is around, and I told them to help me recieve it and give him #500 and he left.

I still have like 10 awaited parcel from aliexpress, which I dont even stress or bother myself, because it can't be missing or stolen.

The guy use to help me monitor all my package like his family, once he sees it, my office straight the next day.

Experience from lagos

Most times too how you approach people matter

You said it well
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 11:21am On Oct 02, 2019
Zeinymira:

The present guy always insist I pay #200 on each package and it is really annoying

Check the mail next time, if it weighs less than 101 grams, it's free of charge.
101 grams to 500grams is N200, above 500grams is N500.
Have this details like I do and you wont be cheated.

The other one is recharge card which is very much negotiable and helps to main relationship and save stress of coming to check all the time. Because AliExpress is only delivered in the office so you have the responsibility of coming to check for you mail.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2019
tellbiodun:
I have a very bad experience with NIPOST too and I plan reporting to a media house to investigate their activities. My sister sent me two phones from America. We tracked the phones and it indicated that it had reached the country. We went to NIPOST and they also tracked and started giving stories. My sister went back to their post office in America and they showed her on their system that the phone got to Nigeria three days after. We went back to NIPOST at Obalende, they directed us to Marina, Marina said we should come back that their is a mix up. We kept going back. Till today nothing. But when we check the system with the tracking number, it indicates received.

Do you still have the tracking number of the item. Quote me with it if you still have it.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Daniel2802(m): 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2019
Allenwagodi:

Enugu is a different location, city, local government and senatorial zone from Nsukka that is hosting UNN.
Yeah, I'm aware, I'm referring to Enugu as a state.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Daniel2802(m): 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
Allenwagodi:

From his story, they check for his name. A beg help ask him if he was expecting to be treated like a king about wetin, if it were to be one of the deptal offices in UNN, any noise he makes will land in UNN security cell.

Attitude issues I see clearly. Anxiety leading to impatience that made him forget Enugu is quite different from Nsukka.
Calm down, if I was how you are portraying me to be, I wouldn't have waited at the beginning for the tiles to dry before I entered the office first. Do you know how it feels to stand at a front desk for more than 1hr+ yet staff are passing and ignoring you? In as much as how busy I was, I spent about 2hrs before I got attended to. Even banks that have influx of customers don't take that much. If getting the customer service I deserve means being "treated like a king", well I was expecting that.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2019
0KNM:
I lost two phones using NIPOST last year. Till today, no clue of how what happened to those phones. The last tracking information I had was when the phones arrived Nigeria.

Unfortunately, I did not insure the package while sending

Na criminals full Nipost

Send the tracking number
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2019
Daniel2802:

Calm down, if I was how you are portraying me to be, I wouldn't have waited at the beginning for the tiles to dry before I entered the office first. Do you know how it feels to stand at a front desk for more than 1hr+ yet staff are passing and ignoring you? In as much as how busy I was, I spent about 2hrs before I got attended to. Even banks that have influx of customers don't take that much. If getting the customer service I deserve means being "treated like a king", well I was expecting that.

Hope you have gotten your package now, cause if you tracked your item to Enugu it should not exceed the following week to get to branch offices like nsukka and UNN. If address leave no doubt to warrant delivery effort around enugu they will just send it straight down to nsukka.

The truth of the matter was that your item was not in Nsukka the time you checked seeing from your tracking so they couldn't have help.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2019
raphroye:

I've promised myself that I won't buy anything on Ali express again... I lost my goods few months ago. I went ahead to make another purchase 16th July, up till this present moment I've not heard anything about it...

Some vendors there are scam take note.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 9:58pm On Oct 02, 2019
Zeinymira:

The present guy always insist I pay #200 on each package and it is really annoying

It's legal they called it handling charge and they will issue receipt to it. That's how the office is still breathing for your federal government despite lack of care, they still struggle to generation billions for them.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
ikcid:
Owerri General Post office at Ama JK have very nice people. They always call immediately my parcel arrive.

Do you tip them recharge card?
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
Allenwagodi:

Send the tracking number
mention me on a dead thread
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Daniel2802(m): 10:13pm On Oct 02, 2019
Allenwagodi:

Hope you have gotten your package now, cause if you tracked your item to Enugu it should not exceed the following week to get to branch offices like nsukka and UNN. If address leave no doubt to warrant delivery effort around enugu they will just send it straight down to nsukka.

The truth of the matter was that your item was not in Nsukka the time you checked seeing from your tracking so they couldn't have help.
I haven't been chanced to go there again. Honestly, my issue is not the fact that I didn't see my package. The issue was that I and others had to stand for over 2hrs before they decided to attend to us, which is very bad.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 10:13pm On Oct 02, 2019
Myzzyfrazzy:
every time o go pick a parcel i get charged 500 naira for each parcel the oga say its handling fee.. i dont know if its the same for other offices

Handling charge is legal but prices differs depending on weight
O-100grams is free
101-500 is N200
Above 500 is N500

So always check weight before paying
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2019
Daniel2802:
I haven't been chanced to go there again. Honestly, my issue is not the fact that I didn't see my package. The issue was that I and others had to stand for over 2hrs before they decided to attend to us, which is very bad.

That's actually too bad and those involved will definitely go for it.
NIPOST is more serious than you know.

You can check back, your item should be there. Or better still you can check the district manager at town post office by total round about.

Sorry all the same for the bitter experience.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2019
PropaMan:
i'm glad someone finally spoke out on this issue, lets leave the rude and non-nonchalant attitude aside, i had a terrible experience with picking up my package with those Nipost staffs, at one time about 5 packages i ordered once was stolen in the Nipost headquarters in port harcourt and they kept on posting me come today , come tomorrow,
i dont want to start accusing somebody's father or mother , but you see those Nipost staffs are all scammers, like someone said, once that package gets to Nigeria you lose track of the tracking details, which gives them the opportunity to do anyhow.

Something can be done if you still have the tracking number. You can send it.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 10:26pm On Oct 02, 2019
benitwater:
11-50kg items attract a fee of #200 .
51kg upward attracts #500 which you will be giving psr(receipt)for the amount paid.

This is not correct. It is
0.11-0.5kg that attracts N200, and 0.51kg and abov attracts N500

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by ikcid: 10:30pm On Oct 02, 2019
Allenwagodi:

Do you tip them recharge card?
Sometimes
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Allenwagodi: 10:32pm On Oct 02, 2019
wunmi590:

Yes you are right.

The reason I give him the money is because he had to deviate from his normal protocol of taking the parcel to my house instead of my office.

Though my house is not far to my house both on the island, in Lagos, but just use that to appreciate his effort.

Because if it's another person, he might return it to the office and and call me to come and pick it up, and my mum doesn't work in the branch where the parcel would land to help me pick it up.

AliExpress mails usually do not come as home delivery. They are sometimes registered and are meant to be delivered at the counter. I made troubles because of this until I got educated on it.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by wunmi590(m): 7:38am On Oct 03, 2019
Allenwagodi:

AliExpress mails usually do not come as home delivery. They are sometimes registered and are meant to be delivered at the counter. I made troubles because of this until I got educated on it.

I might be wrong and location might be differ, but my first package was delivered home, when he called and I didnt pick he returned my package to the office and called me the second day, which I picked and he now told me he went to my house to deliever it, but was not around, so told him to bring it to my office.

Since then, he has been bringing all my package to my office
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by raphroye: 8:13am On Oct 03, 2019
[quote author=Allenwagodi post=82784489]

Some vendors there are scam take note.[/quotel]
My money has been refunded
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by sawdi: 9:32am On Oct 04, 2019
wunmi590:

Honestly, you just spoke my mind.

I feel the guy went there with the pain of fighting them, or he spoke to them rudely, am not saying most of these NIPOST workers are nice, but some are good.

Though my mum work in NIPOST but not in collection and dispatch department.

I have one person that has been bringing my parcel for me, intact he doesn't even come to my house anymore, and he doesn't call me, once my parcel is ready, he has my office address, because he know I will always be in the office, he will just bring it down and I will just give him 500 for transport sport.

Such a nice man, the last parcel I collected was last week of last month, I was not in the office, and my colleague called me that your NIPSOST man is around, and I told them to help me recieve it and give him #500 and he left.

I still have like 10 awaited parcel from aliexpress, which I dont even stress or bother myself, because it can't be missing or stolen.

The guy use to help me monitor all my package like his family, once he sees it, my office straight the next day.

Experience from lagos

Most times too how you approach people matter

How much do you pay for shipping an item bought form AliExpress?
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by sawdi: 9:34am On Oct 04, 2019
peacettw:
Hmmm. Just left NIPOST and I have nothing but good reviews.

@op, I really don't know why you are bothered especially when there is a caveat of aliexpress returning back your money in 90 days if you haven't gotten your item.

Anytime I order something from AliExpress, I allow for that window to elapse before raising any complaints with AliExpress and not NIPOST. It's that simple. Just open a dispute.

You are not obliged to pay for any credit so don't do that again unless u want to. Also make friends with the person in charge so that he or she can inform you when your package arrives. I have 5 of their numbers with me now.

Finally, do relax, life isn't that complex so stop making a mountain out of a molehill.

How much do you pay to have your item sent to Nigeria. Can you give me an example using any product you previously bought.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by wunmi590(m): 9:45am On Oct 04, 2019
sawdi:

How much do you pay for shipping an item bought form AliExpress?

It depend on the item I am buying.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by sawdi: 11:09am On Oct 04, 2019
wunmi590:

It depend on the item I am buying.

What's the last one you bought, the kg and shipping fee
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by Daniel2802(m): 3:35pm On Oct 04, 2019
UPDATE ON THE ISSUE

I got a call this afternoon to pick up my package. Successfully picked it up, after the standard questionings. Everything is intact, didn't pay anything. When I came, the man was like, "So you are the Daniel?" I don't know if they got to hear my complaint or not anyways thanks, everyone.
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by peacettw: 6:27pm On Oct 04, 2019
sawdi:

How much do you pay to have your item sent to Nigeria. Can you give me an example using any product you previously bought.

Most are free. I don't pay
Re: My Bitter Exprience With Nipost by tck2000(m): 3:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules / Nigerians And Their Respective Way Of Thinking / Nathaniel Bassey Shares His Relationship Experience (so Educative)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.