Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser (6389 Views)

How To Add Your Website To Google Chrome Appstore And Get Traffic To Ur Site / Rocket Your Website To Top Position On Google, Bing, Alexa, And Yahoo In 30 Days / How Do I Transfer My Wordpress website to replace an existing website in Cpanel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by formebyme: 3:28pm On Nov 03, 2010
Youngichou:

@yawa , don ,slyrox
Yes truly i disapponted you really. I just learnt this from a lady friend who programms on Asp. But she said something funny she said, "its none of your business questioning some1 of what use it is to him, my friend just go get the job done! so she shouted. And that its high time i stop my unnecessary philanthropist Gesture , and get to the real world. " she even said she will get the Job if am not ready.

@WEB MONK THANKS for that Candid advice, i really appreciate besides i have started the job. And most funny part is i dont really code during early morning hours but this 1 with what you guys have said, i am now coding at 3am. Dont laugh me o. I just think my Philanthropist gesture and VERY silly POLICE QUESTION WILL HAVE TO STOP RIGHT away.

@ Jcomtech i be NAIJADELTA man O!
Na because of you guys me wan open my eyes wella wella.
@BUG24 yes webmonk has open my eyes very well.

@Youngichou
Plxx before you stop your philanthropist nature/gesture, i would be needing your help for a project(very promising but no funding),
God bless you as you give me your email for more details grin
Am serious though, even if you dont do it for free,you might buy into the project idea and be a shareholder wink lets talk,
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Slyr0x: 4:22pm On Nov 03, 2010
Mhen ths guy don enter am. He go receive bashing + smashing from Posters. Y una put dis thing for Front page
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by sexxxxy(f): 4:46pm On Nov 03, 2010
smiley smiley u guys are too funny , see yabs, lol

Y not make it a CMS site n you can just sell it to other similar businessess

kill 2 beds with one stone

example,
http://www.adrianwildehairdressing.com/
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Jomogbomo4: 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2010
dumbass!

did you just ask if Nigeria is advance enough for Hairdressers to own websites?  if you utter rubbish like this, then i doubt your professional ability!

there are customers who pay as much as 20 grand or more for their hairdo, and yes, there are hairdressing businesses that net over 200 grand a day!

with such income, it will be actually dumb not to have a website
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Mobinga: 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2010
Jomo-gbomo:

dumbass!

did you just ask if Nigeria is advance enough for Hairdressers to own websites?

If you utter rubbish like this, then i doubt your professional ability!
I failed to make meaning out of this ^^ post, sadly.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Jomogbomo4: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2010
^^

Its only a backward thinking web developer who wouldn't be able to spot an opportunity and harness the benefits thereof!

duh!. . .people from all kind of age bands stay glued to the internet these days, how can a web developer not know the benefits of a website to a business?

If anything, it says a lot of negative things about his work ethics and innovative ability!
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Slyr0x: 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2010
Abeg free dis guy naw. . . The guy don realize his mistake.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Mobinga: 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2010
Like I said, its just a market strategy. . . . .
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by igmacco(m): 5:17pm On Nov 03, 2010
@poster, i need your contact info, cuz i will write you mail about web designing
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by kalahariNG: 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2010
In today's business environment it make sense for any business to have a web presence. Take kalah ari.com.ng for instance, we sell items online. Not that you can't find things in the market, but why not look for them in one place from the comfort of your home or office? Likewise a hairdresser, sometimes some people are looking for information and just turn to the web for convenience.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by jmslimx(m): 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2010
ode, and Stupid post, key ur line guy
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Ranoscky(m): 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2010
For those stil insultin the poster after admittin his mistake, If una insult am finish, make una tell me wetin una gain. Abi una no dey read other peoples post comment after readin the topic and it's articles? He has admitted his mistake and he's ALREADY proccessin the job. And after that, he'll recieve his charged fee and bail out. and una go stil dey dia dey smash una key board with muscle while him go dey on his second missinary joney (or better stil, him go dey one akwi joint dey chop isi ewu and kanda, Lol)
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by supereagle(m): 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2010
What is your biz with what the man want to with web? Dude.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Guylan(m): 11:27pm On Nov 03, 2010
@poster,

Wake up, open your eyes, see and seize the opportunity. Thats my advise!
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by udokpuenyi(m): 12:01am On Nov 04, 2010
I think this poster is trying to indirectly sell himself. Maybe he has just finished an amateur lesson in web design and is seriously looking for job. The only thing that occurred to him is to position himself with the above cock n bull story in NL.

No experienced web programmer will ever ask such a vague and silly question about the essence of a website to a hair dresser. If he  knows how important a woman hair is to her and the extent women can go most to get a good stylist to keep their hair good, then he shouldnt have written even a word about it on this forum because it  illuminated his unbridled ignorance about web business .

Beauty is an online niche with a very good audience so i personally doubt if this poster knows the fundamentals of web design and development at all.

Pls 4get about this post cos it makes caricature of web designers

He is just an attension seeker
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by soloqy: 1:31am On Nov 04, 2010
What would a hair dresser want with a website?

Would you ask the same question if someone who makes cakes asks you for a website?

I mean, its just cakes after all so why would anyone want websites for that, yeah? smiley

You also mentioned you program sites for free. Is web building just a hobby to you or is it part of your income stream?

Would really like to see the sites you develop. smiley
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Rare(m): 2:22am On Nov 04, 2010
It's as useful to a hairdresser as any other business.

This brings me to an important point. The poster is probably only thinking of a local audience. Imagine visitors (or tourists) who want to come to Nigeria, and would like such information for their planning.

We want to market (or rebrand) Nigeria, but we don't even think it's possible.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by donclemo(m): 4:42am On Nov 04, 2010
let me ask u a question @ poster Have you gone to a bank before ? have u ever eyed the beautiful ladies at the bank? have u wondered how they get their hair done as most of them spend their time in the bank and come late home. for most of them the only time they have is the weekends and when they go to do their hair they have to wait in the hairdressing saloon for their turn i guess alot of them would have prefer making appointments. that is what the website is going to be used for .
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by xammy(m): 5:28am On Nov 04, 2010
PLS MAKE GOOGLE UR BEST FRIEND - it sound funny dou. (hair dresser with a website)

u no how goly this girls can be, they are ready to pay 50,000 for iteams they don't need.

I can imagine what they will start saying once the website starts running "that girl is very seriouse o, she even get website) grin
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by vorosmartm(m): 5:42am On Nov 04, 2010
@Poster you're definitely a retard, you had better go and learn the business aspect of web designing. You were given a very solid reason for the site, still you came here to display your foul smelling ignorance. Next time when a groundnut seller comes to you for a site, you'll simply build and satisfy your customer. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by dmomie(f): 6:50am On Nov 04, 2010
Ranoscky:

For those stil insultin the poster after admittin his mistake, If una insult am finish, make una tell me wetin una gain. Abi una no dey read other peoples post comment after readin the topic and it's articles? He has admitted his mistake and he's ALREADY proccessin the job. And after that, he'll recieve his charged fee and bail out. and una go stil dey dia dey smash una key board with muscle while him go dey on his second missinary joney (or better stil, him go dey one akwi joint dey chop isi ewu and kanda, Lol)
the only sensible post i've read,
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Ranoscky(m): 7:11am On Nov 04, 2010
d_momie:

the only sensible post i've read,

Thank you my sister.

Just like i said before, so many of us here doesn't even bother to read other peoples comments. They just go thru the topic and it's article (some doesn't even have the time to read the articles). After that, they conclude on their opinion. Well, make una carry go, na una wahala be dat.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Intrepid1(m): 12:11pm On Nov 04, 2010
Guy u knw b ibo man at all.
Wetin concern ibo man wey won sell t.v 4 deeper life person.

Was that a diss?
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by soloqy: 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2010
Ranoscky:

Thank you my sister.

Just like i said before, so many of us here doesn't even bother to read other peoples comments. They just go thru the topic and it's article (some doesn't even have the time to read the articles). After that, they conclude on their opinion. Well, make una carry go, na una wahala be dat.

The question on the home page and this place hasnt changed. It still asks the question which people are answering. They may want to change the title to I now know of what use a website is to a hairdresser or people will keep answering the initial question.

He asked the question, whether its to bring attention to himself as a designer or out of genuine concern, he is going to get answers in interesting and varying forms.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by dmomie(f): 6:30pm On Nov 04, 2010
soloqy:

The question on the home page and this place hasnt changed. It still asks the question which people are answering. They may want to change the title to I now know of what use a website is to a hairdresser or people will keep answering the initial question.

He asked the question, whether its to bring attention to himself as a designer or out of genuine concern, he is going to get answers in interesting and varying forms.
We roger that.
Guess everyone is entitld to his/her opinion but critisism shouldn't be an option. Everyone including the poster know the reason is TO CREATE AWARENESS, I personally hissd after reading the post, but calling him names is not just IT.
Ranoscky:

Thank you my sister.

most welcome.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by basking4me: 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2010
Sexxy,

I like your idea of building a hairdressing CMS solution, it will actually be killing two stones with one bird! grin

Most Professions nowadays have their own customised CMSs either on proprietary or opens source. We have Medical CMS, Law CMS and a host of others for building contents for the respective professions.

My problems with this section is that everybody seem to know Web-designing but only few understand web-development, its time we begin to separate the boys from the men.

Yawa, you dont have to apologize to the poster, he really doesn't seem to know his work.

Young-Man, you cant be a web designer or developer and be doing philanthropy, do you know how long it takes to conceptualize a design or development work.

If you continue your website building philanthropy, you will become poor even before starting out.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 04, 2010
My problems with this section is that everybody seem to know Web-designing but only few understand web-development, its time we begin to separate the boys from the men.

@Basking. the Bold is based on ignorance

That implies that a web designer is a boy and a web developer a man. Then a Software Developer will say the web is for boys shey.

They are two fields, who practitioners need to be respected!
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Engrdan(m): 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2010
guy u fore my hand.bcus nigeria s growring dat why an hair dresser should hav a web page.u can as well go ahead and make a web page for pepper sellers,fufu sellers,veg sellers e.t.c.so that may honor u a title BABA LOJA1
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by basking4me: 10:57pm On Nov 04, 2010
don, i have written in favor of both design and development as i do both. Separating d boys from the men is for those whose who are not able to different the two. You can only rant if you are in the boys section. Dont assume what i did not imply.
Re: Of What Use Is A Website To A Hair Dresser by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2010
Did i sound like i was ranting. If i was even in the boys league, i will feel most satisfied. For the record, i develop web applications and desktop applications. I am a well trained Java programmer and write Java Servlet Pages codes.

My issue is with you making web designers feel inferior by calling them boys

In the industry, there is what is known as GUI designers. Recently i engage them, and hold them in high repute.

The earlier you understand this and re-orient to appreciate the boys the more you become a better developer!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Increase My Adsense Earning / Things To Know Before Starting A Blog / How I Get A UBA Visa Prepaid Card (africard) Easily In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.