Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,986 members, 7,806,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony (1313 Views)

Do Couples Eventually Run Out Of Things To Talk About? / Why Do Couples Tend To Look Alike? / Why Do Couples Look Alike After Years Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by thweraja10: 5:40pm On Nov 01, 2010
There is something ive noticed, in all the marriage ceremony ive attended, couples to be usually come late. So i begin to wonder if is a part of the wedding process for people to wait for couples. Or is it that they are so stressed up doing other things that makes them come late. I need to know please.
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by r231(m): 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2010
to church or reception?
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by thweraja10: 6:13pm On Nov 01, 2010
Mostly church and even in reception too. its only few that comes early to reception
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by r231(m): 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2010
well. . . . . i guess its the stress of getting rdy
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by Godessa(f): 4:18pm On Nov 12, 2010
I believe it's anxiety and may stress.
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by Godessa(f): 4:21pm On Nov 12, 2010
I believe it's anxiety and maybe stress.
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by iaabc(f): 6:25pm On Nov 12, 2010
Most of the people I know were on time for their weddings. It all boils down to proper planning.
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by rubi(f): 7:12pm On Nov 12, 2010
The couples are not the ones that usher in the guest rather the guest have to usher them in and in terms of waiting/assuming no one is there yet, they come late

When somebody is waiting for everbody nobody gets there
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by dayokanu(m): 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2010
The quickie lasted longer than they thought
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:46pm On Nov 12, 2010
thweraja10:

There is something ive noticed, in all the marriage ceremony ive attended, couples to be usually come late. So i begin to wonder if is a part of the wedding process for people to wait for couples. Or is it that they are so stressed up doing other things that makes them come late. I need to know please.

do a research on marriage ceremonies

it is tradition to do so why they say to make grand entrance, based on this theory if youa are dot on time most people wont have settled and only waiting for you
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by ifyalways(f): 10:40am On Nov 13, 2010
lol . . . im guilty of this shocked
Things happen,u might wanna grab one quick one for the road,stress,sleeping late n broken sleep,excitement and getting ready cud be some of the factors .Its their wedding,day and party,YOU all can wait. cheesy
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2010
Weather and Traffic is unpredictable in Lagos, it will surprise you on that special day grin
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by r231(m): 3:31pm On Nov 14, 2010
car ran out of petrol grin
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by MaiSuya(m): 12:51am On Nov 15, 2010
I don't think its planned. its all those little unforeseen hitches. . .
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by dominique(f): 9:17am On Nov 15, 2010
The lateness is mostly on the bride's part cos of the preparations that goes on behind the scenes. We (me & my twin) were almost 3hrs late for our wedding which was to start for 10am. it rained heavily in the early hours of the morning and the hairdresser couldnt come on time. The annoying photographer kept cutting in to take pictures and one of the drivers went AWOL, the owner of the SUVs we hired had to step in his place when we couldnt wait any longer.The grooms-to-be had arrived hours earlier and had to wait in their respective cars till we arrived and the rest was history. You just cant help but encounter glitches here n there when getting ready on the d-day.
@poster, hope that helped? smiley
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by mrmayor(m): 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2010
The answer is simple, Nigerian Factor. African Time. I know of a wedding that took place at St Cyprian's Church in Port Harcourt, the bride was 1hour  late, the Priest/ Pastor was the no nonsense type, he conducted the wedding without the bride, went up the pulpit, gave the sermon and called for the thanksgiving to go ahead, by the time the bride arrived the wedding was over and another wedding  couple were already to taking their vows. The crying bride went into the Vestry to complete the vows and sign the register. My guy, the groom was not smiling at all. Food and Drink flowed sha. wink
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by mystikal(m): 4:42pm On Nov 16, 2010
Probably because they are planning 2 make a big entrance
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by jaybee3(m): 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2010
Nigerians generally don't keep to time.
It's shocking and overly annoying shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by Osama10(m): 1:02am On Nov 22, 2010
I wasn't late for mine.
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 23, 2010
jay bee:

Nigerians generally don't keep to time.
It's shocking and overly annoying shocked shocked shocked shocked

Very true
My hubby is guilty as charged
He can't just keep to time, its so sad embarassed
We are always late for everything, church, party, meetings etc, just name it, he would never be ready on time. I wake him up well ahead, but he still manages to be late.
It happens all the time and I don't think he can change embarassed
Trust me, he is the best husband ever but this is the only reason why we fight.
I take care of myself, get the baby ready and make breakfast and I would still be waiting for him when it is time for church.
Ofcourse he was late on our Introduction, engagement, wedding and thanksgiving days for no reason. (No jokes)
All our friends and family know and they say "OH, we know why you were late" shocked shocked

WHAT CAN I DO?
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by jaybee3(m): 1:03pm On Nov 23, 2010
^^^^^
I so understand what you going on about.
How about you both starting a challenge on whoever makes the other person late buys that person a gift of their choice.
I can't tolerate lateness. It annoys me
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 23, 2010
jay bee:

^^^^^
I so understand what you going on about.
How about you both starting a challenge on whoever makes the other person late buys that person a gift of their choice.
I can't tolerate lateness. It annoys me

Sounds interesting but I doubt if that would work in my household. We have known each other for years and I don't think their has been a single day that he was ready before me.
I was so angry one day that I said 'are u sure someone didn't place a cause on you", so you can imagine where I am coming from.
I grew up in an enviroment where time was very important so you can imagine my frustrations.
I am thinking of booking him on a time management course, wonder if that would help embarassed
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by jaybee3(m): 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2010
Might help but benefits from 'em sort of courses are best realised in a structured environment.
You need to be able to show him how is lateness affects you. Maybe a comparative analysis of how things could be if he time keeping is high on his agenda.
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2010
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2010
jay bee:

Might help but benefits from 'em sort of courses are best realised in a structured environment.
You need to be able to show him how is lateness affects you. Maybe a comparative analysis of how things could be if he time keeping is high on his agenda.

@ Jaybee,
that's a nice idea, I'll give it a try,

I have realized my fighting doesn't change anything

chaircover:

And as for the gele events forget it . . . . . . cos 1 hour later I am still cursing at the gele in front of the mirror so Mr CC just takes the kids and drives off in his car, leaving me to be fighting with the stu.pid headtie. embarassed angry

I am yet to experience such, trust me it's the other way round embarassed
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2010
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by jaybee3(m): 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2010
^^^
GBAM
Highly respected Mrs CC has spoken cool
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2010
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by jaybee3(m): 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2010
hehehheheheeh
Iranian weapons?
hmmmmmmmmm
omo ke ke re ni mi
lmao
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by armyofone(m): 7:05pm On Nov 23, 2010
going to nig events weddings, naming, bday, party, christmas party etc is a WIP (wait in process) i dont go empty stomach cuz almost everyone is chronic later grin
i'm crazy abt time. i get bored easily. whenever i'm at an event and the pple are late, i just drop my gift and head away.

they always say 4pm but it wouldnt start till past 7pm. bad time for dinner.
Re: Why Do Couples Come Late For Their Own Wedding Ceremony by deyour(f): 6:12pm On Nov 25, 2010
I guess most couples believe it is the one event that can not start till they arrive, so they tend to get there late.
My hubby and I got to our wedding venue on time and i can recall my uncle teasing me for being on time cos i couldn't wait to get married shocked
Imagine.

Its all boils down to how organised and how well you plan.

(1) (Reply)

If You Were Raised By Your Grand Parent, Oya Dedicate A Line To Them / 12 Ways To Have A Happy, Healthy Marriage / Ur Opinion Pls!!!! Why Don't Guys Want To Marry A Lady Dat Has A Child Already?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.