Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. (3555 Views)

FG To Resell Discos Under Banks, AMCON In Three Months / National Assembly Staff Sit On The Floor During Protest Over Unpaid Salaries / Ekiti Workers Give Fayose 14-day Ultimatum To Clear Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by basketbrain(m): 9:19am On Sep 24, 2019
[b][/b]Exactly five years ago in the home town of Pastor chris oyakhilomen. AMCON took over Bendel feed and flour mills ltd. Ewu, Edo state. And appointed a receiver (Mike Igbokwe) who sold the company to (Prime Feed and flour mills) owned by pastor Chris Oyakhilome

The transaction up to the tune of about #6.5 billion was for both assets and liability. This whole process was managed by receiver for AMCON Mike Igbokwe SAN and one Accountant Mr. Babington Ashaye & co. Who have arrogantly refused to pay staff off Bendel feed and flour mills workers their salary arrears, gratuities and emoluments After pocketing there 10% and numerous royalties from the sale.

The workers in a suit for themselves against AMCON and new owners Pastor Chris Oyakhilome said the money paid by Pastor Chris was meant to pay the outstanding claims of former staff and others BFFM was indebted to.

This case has experienced series of bottle necks as many 44 former workers of BFFM have died so far.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by basketbrain(m): 9:21am On Sep 24, 2019
Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by healthserve(m): 9:22am On Sep 24, 2019
Saved
Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by basketbrain(m): 9:23am On Sep 24, 2019
Advert for the sales.

1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by FarahAideed: 9:27am On Sep 24, 2019
This an example of what Nigerians pastors use tithe money for instead for God's work
Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by fyneguy: 9:31am On Sep 24, 2019
Why didn't AMCON pay the staff, since the new owner had paid?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by basketbrain(m): 9:31am On Sep 24, 2019
FarahAideed:
This an example of what Nigerians pastors use tithe money for instead for God's work

The issue is he has kept mum for too long and the silence is deafening. His legal representatives don't appear in court. Over 4 years now our parents are dying while the fruits of there labour are in someone's bank account.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 24, 2019
basketbrain:

The issue is he has kept mum for too long and the silence is deafening. His legal representatives don't appear in court. Over 4 years now our parents are dying while the fruits of there labour are in someone's bank account.
From your write-up I don't know how pastor Chris is the problem.
What should he do after he's paid for both assets and liabilities?

You people should settle your issues with amcon and others instead of trying to bring his name into something that doesn't concern him.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by FarahAideed: 9:38am On Sep 24, 2019
basketbrain:

I don't think he has any issues with the workers from what I read he bought both asset and outstanding liabilities for 6.5 billion so the problem is with AMCON who is trying to defraud your parents of their sweat .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by JosEast(m): 9:39am On Sep 24, 2019
Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by basketbrain(m): 9:41am On Sep 24, 2019
kingkakaone:

You people should settle your issues with amcon and others instead of trying to bring his name into something that doesn't concern him.

He is the 3rd defendant in the suit he should amplify the voice of the voiceless staff of the company. My sole aim is to bring this to his notice.
Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by fyneguy: 9:52am On Sep 24, 2019
basketbrain:

He is the 3rd defendant in the suit he should amplify the voice of the voiceless staff of the company. My sole aim is to bring this to his notice.

You guys should apply wisdom. Tell your parents to meet with others to send a delegation to him to assist them to get AMCON to fulfill its obligation. You should not blackmail him, as he is not under any obligation to pay former staff. This sense of entitlement should stop or you guys will lose out.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 24, 2019
basketbrain:

Most lawyers in this country are very dubious.
Why should he be a defendant when he has paid for everything?
Did he purchase the company and left the liabilities alone?
He paid for the assets and liabilities and yet you people are still disturbing him.

What if he had ignored the firm, would you people not be sacked or returned home after the company is liquidated?

Bringing an innocent man into it is plain wickedness.

You people should call amcon and the others involved instead of the new investor who paid in full.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by Luvlyna(f): 10:04am On Sep 24, 2019
Get your children educational android tablets @ N20,000 with free delivery nationwide. Go through my threads for pictures and please check my signature for contact
Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by basketbrain(m): 10:15am On Sep 24, 2019
kingkakaone:

Most lawyers in this country are very dubious.
Why should he be a defendant when he has paid for everything?
Did he purchase the company and left the liabilities alone?
He paid for the assets and liabilities and yet you people are still disturbing him.

What if he had ignored the firm, would you people not be sacked or returned home after the company is liquidated?

Bringing an innocent man into it is plain wickedness.

You people should call amcon and the others involved instead of the new investor who paid in full.

Bro I have No issues with this man o
I just want this case to get this publicity it deserves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 24, 2019
basketbrain:

Bro I have No issues with this man o
I just want this case to get this publicity it deserves.
Then why did you add his name here?
Don't you know that some people read online headline then make comments that are so poor?

You adding his name is not a wise move because he has nothing against him.

The issue in court making him a defendant is plain wickedness from the petitioners. What do you want him to do after he paid of both assets an liabilities?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by basketbrain(m): 10:42am On Sep 24, 2019
kingkakaone:

Then why did you add his name here?
Don't you know that some people read online headline then make comments that are so poor?

You adding his name is not a wise move because he has nothing against him.

The issue in court making him a defendant is plain wickedness from the petitioners. What do you want him to do after he paid of both assets an liabilities?

He should join forces with the defendants. It's a breach of contract. All this has prevented him from commencing production. Let's join forces to put pressure on Igbokwe and AMCON. He has the means for full blown litigation,and not staff that have been owed since 2011.
Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 24, 2019
basketbrain:

He should join forces with the defendants. It's a breach of contract. All this has prevented him from commencing production. Let's join forces to put pressure on Igbokwe and AMCON. He has the means for full blown litigation,and not staff that have been owed since 2011.
"He should join forces with the defendants" what are you saying bro?
He is not liable to any of you bro,stop rubbishing him for buying the business.
This is pure black mail

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by famouscargo4u: 11:54am On Sep 24, 2019
kingkakaone:

May you don't understand. The new company took over the assets and liabilities means that he pays the former company net assets and goodwill while he is liable to pay ALL liabilities( to creditors of the companies as well as outstanding salaries to the workers)
Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by fyneguy: 12:14pm On Sep 24, 2019
famouscargo4u:

May you don't understand. The new company took over the assets and liabilities means that he pays the former company net assets and goodwill while he is liable to pay ALL liabilities( to creditors of the companies as well as outstanding salaries to the workers)

Read again!

The N6.5Billion covered assets and liabilities. AMCON is liable!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by FarahAideed: 12:45pm On Sep 24, 2019
basketbrain:

Unfortunately under the law he has no business or association with them again the moment he bought their liability , they should go to that National assembly and try to get a hearing to compel AMCON to release the monies owed them
Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by basketbrain(m): 1:49pm On Sep 24, 2019
kingkakaone:

This is pure black mail

You guys haven't for once considered the thousands of disenfranchised workers losing there lives one after the other. Term it blackmail if you like. He's involved in this indirectly all parties needs to be mentioned there's nothing like bad publicity. Publicity is publicity.
Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by basketbrain(m): 1:50pm On Sep 24, 2019
[quote author=FarahAideed post=82521481]

Unfortunately under the law he has no business or association with them again the moment he bought their liability , they should go to that National assembly and try to get a hearing to compel AMCON to release the monies owed them[/quote

Do you know this suit has prevented him for production. 3 years after purchases company's yet to be up and running.
Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by FarahAideed: 1:59pm On Sep 24, 2019
[quote author=basketbrain post=82523407][/quote]

I doubt it's the suit preventing him , he probably has other plans and timelines for that place ..from the pictures I have seen the place needs a ton of money , equipment and expertise to turn it around
Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by basketbrain(m): 3:29pm On Sep 24, 2019
FarahAideed:

I doubt it's the suit preventing him , he probably has other plans and timelines for that place ..from the pictures I have seen the place needs a ton of money , equipment and expertise to turn it around

Are you at all concerned about the welfare of this workers?
Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by FarahAideed: 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2019
basketbrain:

Are you at all concerned about the welfare of this workers?

I am but the truth is there is little Pastor Kris can do at this stage
Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by ShakaZullu(m): 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2019
FarahAideed:
lol
Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 24, 2019
basketbrain:

You guys haven't for once considered the thousands of disenfranchised workers losing there lives one after the other. Term it blackmail if you like. He's involved in this indirectly all parties needs to be mentioned there's nothing like bad publicity. Publicity is publicity.
After he paid off the assets and liabilities?
Most of you need help.
Is he the one who disenfranchised the workers?
What is happening to most of you in his forum?

If his lawyers file a case of black mail most of you will be crying.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 24, 2019
famouscargo4u:

Go back and read again.
He paid all assets and liabilities for that amount and amcon was responsible for the outstanding salaries after sales.
Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by iluvdonjazzy: 4:34pm On Sep 24, 2019
then Pastor Chris has no case here, they should focus on AMCON for their money.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by basketbrain(m): 12:38am On Sep 25, 2019
kingkakaone:

This is pure black mail

I meant to type COMPLAINANTS.
Re: Pastor Chris, AMCON In Court Over Unpaid Salaries. 44 Dead So Far. by basketbrain(m): 9:27am On Sep 25, 2019
Slowly and surely We'll get Justice for the collective sweat and toil of thousands of workers who's emoluments are being denied them by Mike Igbokwe SAN and AMCON.

(1) (Reply)

Raymond Dopkesi:an UNGRATEFUL MAN / Tinubu A Perfect Example And Victim Of Northern Conspiracy / Igbo Culture Before The So Called White Man Came To Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.