Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Is Rapture Iminent? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Rapture Iminent? (1358 Views)

When Is Rapture . Pre Tribulation, Mid Tribulation Or Post Tribulation / End-time Study: What Is Rapture? / RAPTURE Is Iminent, Get Your Document Completed NOW!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Rapture Iminent? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 01, 2010
MY NAME IS SHERIFF, A SERVING (NYSC) CORP MEMBER IN NIGER STATE. I EMBRACED CHRISTIAN RELIGION ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO BUT HAS NOT CHANGED MY NAME.
JUST YESTERDAY, ON SUNDAY 31ST OCTOBER, 2010 PRECISELY. I WAS NOT THINKING ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO THIS DREAM BEFORE I SLEPT. JUST AROUND 5AM ON MONDAY THE NEXT DAY-WITHIN JUST A MINUTE, I HAD A DREAM THAT I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND AND STILL PONDER ON AS I AM WRITING THIS.

THE DREAM

I SAW MYSELF IN MY TOWN SITTING ON A FENCE WHERE I CAN SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON IN MY SURROUNDINGS. JUST WITHIN A MINUTE, I SAW 2 OF MY FRIENDS BEING PREACHED TO BY SOMEONE I ADJUDGED TO BE A PREACHER. MY FRIENDS WERE LISTENING INTENTLY TO WHAT HE HAD TO SAY. THOUGH I COULD NOT HEAR WHAT THEY WERE SAYING BUT I GUESSED IT WAS "WORD OF GOD". WITHING A TWINKLE OF AN EYE, THE TWO FRIENDS OF MINE DISAPPEARED LEAVING THE ADJUDGED MAN OF GOD BEHIND. I WAS ALSO LEFT BEHIND WITH SO MANY PEOPLE TOO. I REMEMBERED MY SIN AND CRIED BITTERLY THAT I COULD NOT MAKE IT. I TRIED TO CALL MY MUM TO KNOW WHETHER SHE HAD ALSO DISAPPEARED TOO BUT AS I WAS TRYING TO DO THIS, I WOKE UP.

ALL THIS HAPPENED WITHIN A MINUTE, I GUESSED!
IS RAPTURE IMMINENT?
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by thweraja10: 6:22pm On Nov 01, 2010
It is only few people that has ever witnessed what you just saw. Its a warning. What you dream is trying to tell you is that you should be careful not to be led down. And it also means that preachers might go to hell and a new convert might make it to heaven. Just be steadfast in everything you do and keep believing in God cos he loves you and does not want you to make hell.
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by Odunnu: 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2010
Very revealing
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 01, 2010
Its not everyone that are opportuned to get such an alert. Its not for u alone but to all theists as a clarion call to get prepared especially for those that are not aligned to the right track& are determined to make the heaven list.
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by Mudley313: 1:36am On Nov 02, 2010
Here's a challenge:

Find reference to the doctrine of the rapture by any Christian prior to the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by Rhino4dm: 2:38am On Nov 02, 2010
Joseph the dreamer! Cock and bull story. Lets assume is one of those muslim guys that have this dream in other way round. Rapture ko Escape ni!
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by Zodiac61(m): 8:14pm On Nov 03, 2010
Dream on in blissful ignorance. grin grin grin grin grin
Rapture indeed.
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by annyplenty(m): 6:31pm On Nov 04, 2010
It is imminent. the clock is actually ticking faster. All the bible prophecies regarding the rapture have been fulfilled. what we are expecting is the sounding of the trumpet and the taking away of the saints. brother, please keep to that message.
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by MaiSuya(m): 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2010
Hmm. . .to be forewarned. . .
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by arthuryemi(m): 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2010
hi, annyplenty i ave been tryin to reach you for ages.pls it very urgent .pls cal ds number 08060062342. i wil cal u back
or check ur post on sperm motility
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by InesQor(m): 12:24am On Dec 27, 2010
@OP:

I believe it is a warning. The fact that you were sitting on a fence also shows something. Maybe you are not as dedicated to the faith as you used to be?
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by thehomer: 8:42am On Dec 27, 2010
obasy09:

MY NAME IS SHERIFF, A SERVING (NYSC) CORP MEMBER IN NIGER STATE. I EMBRACED CHRISTIAN RELIGION ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO BUT HAS NOT CHANGED MY NAME.
JUST YESTERDAY, ON SUNDAY 31ST OCTOBER, 2010 PRECISELY. I WAS NOT THINKING ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO THIS DREAM BEFORE I SLEPT. JUST AROUND 5AM ON MONDAY THE NEXT DAY-WITHIN JUST A MINUTE, I HAD A DREAM THAT I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND AND STILL PONDER ON AS I AM WRITING THIS.

THE DREAM

I SAW MYSELF IN MY TOWN SITTING ON A FENCE WHERE I CAN SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON IN MY SURROUNDINGS. JUST WITHIN A MINUTE, I SAW 2 OF MY FRIENDS BEING PREACHED TO BY SOMEONE I ADJUDGED TO BE A PREACHER. MY FRIENDS WERE LISTENING INTENTLY TO WHAT HE HAD TO SAY. THOUGH I COULD NOT HEAR WHAT THEY WERE SAYING BUT I GUESSED IT WAS "WORD OF GOD". WITHING A TWINKLE OF AN EYE, THE TWO FRIENDS OF MINE DISAPPEARED LEAVING THE ADJUDGED MAN OF GOD BEHIND. I WAS ALSO LEFT BEHIND WITH SO MANY PEOPLE TOO. I REMEMBERED MY SIN AND CRIED BITTERLY THAT I COULD NOT MAKE IT. I TRIED TO CALL MY MUM TO KNOW WHETHER SHE HAD ALSO DISAPPEARED TOO BUT AS I WAS TRYING TO DO THIS, I WOKE UP.

ALL THIS HAPPENED WITHIN A MINUTE, I GUESSED!
IS RAPTURE IMMINENT?

It's a dream. How many of your dreams have come true? How many haven't? How many of them were absurd? How many were about recent events like a movie or a book or an examination coming up?
This is why it is called a dream. Separate from reality.
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by e36991: 10:33pm On Dec 27, 2010
@ OP

. . .  hold John Nelson Darby responsible 

- He is culpable of this wink
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by birdman(m): 2:49am On Dec 28, 2010
Fear is the prison of the ignorant.
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by Nobody: 5:13am On Jan 22, 2012
all ur advice are noted. However, what are d happenings around us can u link with this prophesy that had not happen before this millenium?
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by LagosShia: 11:15am On Jan 22, 2012
obasy09:

all ur advice are noted. However, what are d happenings around us can u link with this prophesy that had not happen before this millenium?

the rapture has already happened thousands of years ago in Paul's dreams and imagination just like yours.

we are getting close to two years since you opened this thread.

as for the future,there is no such thing where people would be disappearing or flying into the sky.it is a false belief based on false prophecy,perhaps meant to scare people:

"False Prophecies Of The New Testament (bible)"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-550247.64.html
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by DorisK(f): 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2012
wel, as a xtain, we shud bliv in wat d bible says, dat it is imminent bt, is it, really? cos right from d tym of John d baptist (over two k yrs ago) d kingdom has been sed to b ''at hand". i wonder ooooo
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 22, 2012
First off, welcome into the kingdom of Christ , God is indeed delivering millions from that Death Cult !!

The rapture will indeed happen at a time best known to God , it will also most certainly catch MOST people unawares, as they go about their normal business and day to day activities, the last thing on their mind will be God , talk less of the rapture.

Therefore it is imperative that we examine ourselves daily to see if we are still in the faith with reference to our conduct especially speech , thought and action.
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 06, 2012
Thanks for your contributions brethren. However, how are we sure that the rapture has not already taken place. Could it not be that we refuse to acknowledge that it had already happened because we, or some people that we believe are righteous, have not experienced it? What if we've unknowingly started receiving the '666 Mark? We should remember that everything that had been prophesied had happened before now. What if the grace period is already over and we are to pay with our blood to be able to make heaven. Remember, keeping the 10 commandment nowadays is almost equivalent to signing one's death warrant. The love for darkness is so overwhelming nowadays. Well it's just a thought meant for reexamination of our faith.
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 06, 2012
Paul and his Apostate teaching of the Rapture. Jesus never made reference to the rapture but the destruction of Jerusalem after his death, but Paul turned it to something else. smh
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 07, 2012
if you want to be raptured, at 12 midnight tonight, wear black and black and with your eyes closed, stand in the middle lane of third mainland bridge for about one hour.
Re: Is Rapture Iminent? by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 15, 2012
if you want to be raptured, at 12 midnight tonight, wear black and black and with your eyes closed, stand in the middle lane of third mainland bridge for about one hour.

Bros/Sister, wish ur brother well now. Anyway, I'll take it as a joke.

(1) (Reply)

50 Biblical Reasons Why Jesus Died For Us / 11 Ways To Receive The Holy Spirit As Per The Bible / Church Of Satan Opened In Ukraine (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.