Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Debuts With Wrap-around Display, 108MP Camera - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Debuts With Wrap-around Display, 108MP Camera (2069 Views)

Itel’s 108MP Camera Phone With Mediatek G91 Chip Is Worth The Hype? / Leaked Photos Show A New Infinix Note Model With 108MP Camera, 120W Charger / Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Debuts With Wrap-around Display, 108MP Camera by Baddestguyp(m): 3:07pm On Sep 24, 2019
Xiaomi has always been saving its most exciting technologies for the Mix lineup and the just-released Mi Mix Alpha did not disappoint - it has a wrap-around display, 108 MP camera and the latest chipset by Qualcomm.

However, there is a massive caveat that we just have to mention - it will cost CNY19,999 - that is over $2,800/€2,500. that is over 1 million naira. Yes, the Mi Mix Alpha is more expensive than the Samsung Galaxy Fold and the yet-unreleased Huawei Mate X.
The gorgeous looking phone will have Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset, 12 GB RAM and 512 GB storage. The battery is 4,050 nano silicone cathode power cell with 40W wired fast-charging. However, this is the less intriguing part - the more interesting is the actual display that goes all around the phone.

Xiaomi says this design allows it to achieve a screen to body ratio of 180%. It's higher than even the Mate X foldable phone, although you can't unwrap the Alpha and get one giant continuous panel.

The panel has 2.15 mm thick bezels on top and bottom and a camera strip on the back, with the lenses protected by a sapphire glass. The edges are pressure-sensitive and will provide notifications. There is no speaker or any other holes - the proximity sensor is ultrasonic, audio is available thanks to “Display Acoustic Technology” and there is advanced palm rejection technology.
You would think this device is extremely fragile, but Xiaomi did its best to protect it - the frame is an aerospace-grade alloy, while the back strip is ceramic with already mentioned sapphire glass protection for the shooters. If you are willing to shed the massive amount of money, you have to wait until December when the phone will hit the shelves.

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_mix_alpha_debuts_with_wraparound_display_108mp_camera-amp-39315.php

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_mix_alpha-ampp-9893.php

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Debuts With Wrap-around Display, 108MP Camera by Baddestguyp(m): 3:11pm On Sep 24, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVO5MFOKo7c

Promotional video of the Mi mix Alpha...
Mad phone

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Debuts With Wrap-around Display, 108MP Camera by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 24, 2019
what is this
so I will need to turn the phone in different dimensions to check notifications
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Debuts With Wrap-around Display, 108MP Camera by hisgrace090: 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2019
AWESOME!
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Debuts With Wrap-around Display, 108MP Camera by Baddestguyp(m): 3:40pm On Sep 24, 2019
giftjoyz:
what is this
so I will need to turn the phone in different dimensions to check notifications
I think it's optional...u can put them there if u want
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Debuts With Wrap-around Display, 108MP Camera by Ernerstdavid55(m): 3:40pm On Sep 24, 2019
grin dis Asian people ehn I love Dem new things everyday..u hadly see a depress person in dre country
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Debuts With Wrap-around Display, 108MP Camera by Denique(f): 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2019
How much is this one o cheesy
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Debuts With Wrap-around Display, 108MP Camera by Baddestguyp(m): 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2019
Denique:
How much is this one o cheesy
just $2800 or over One Million Naira

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Debuts With Wrap-around Display, 108MP Camera by Denique(f): 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2019
Baddestguyp:
just $2800 or over One Million Naira

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Debuts With Wrap-around Display, 108MP Camera by asgard01(m): 8:47pm On Sep 24, 2019
HOPES IT COMES WITH A THAILAND N NORWAY VISA
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Debuts With Wrap-around Display, 108MP Camera by Denique(f): 2:46am On Sep 25, 2019
asgard01:
HOPES IT COMES WITH A THAILAND N NORWAY VISA

Ehn shocked cheesy

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha Debuts With Wrap-around Display, 108MP Camera by asgard01(m): 8:33am On Sep 25, 2019
Denique:

Ehn shocked cheesy
#1M no b here

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Please Which Phone Can I Buy For My Bestie / This Worked For Me May Work For You. / Is There Really Anything Like Free Browsing Settings? Hmm:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.