Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Should I Cheat On My Boyfriend/girlfriend/partner? Here's The Answer - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Cheat On My Boyfriend/girlfriend/partner? Here's The Answer (450 Views)

How Old Were You When You Had Your First Boyfriend/Girlfriend? / Catch That Cheating Partner - Here's How / How Much Do You Love Your Current Boyfriend/Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Cheat On My Boyfriend/girlfriend/partner? Here's The Answer by sinistrian(m): 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2019
Cheating is defined as not severing the connection after you've decided to jump. If you decide to cheat, you're a selfish, disrespectful coward and a piece of s**t. Now let me explain.

Nobody ever cheats on their partner by mistake or in a moment of weakness. Cheating is a planned and deliberate act which indicates a basic lack of regard and disrespect for one's partner, or a sign that they have given up on the relationship but do not have the courage to speak and say they don't want it anymore.

The process is the same for both men and women, and it always follows this sequence:

a feeling of newness/excitement
a declaration of interest and/or acknowledgement and acceptance of the other party's interest
encouraging/instigating further advances of interest in less ambiguous terms
setting up a time and location for clandestine intimacy
ensuring that the time and location do not clash with the time/location they normally should be spending/sharing with their partner (this one is important)
finally, covering up all items and documents that would provide evidence of the meeting.
These steps can all occur within hours, or may happen over months. But they are never 'mistakes' or 'weaknesses'. They are always consciously planned.

What hurts about cheating is not so much the sexual act or the emotional connections that have been formed. If it were, threesomes wouldn't be so appealing and open marriages/polygamy wouldn't work. The hurtful feeling comes more from the betrayal, the breach of understanding, and the deceit. It is the feeling of losing the specialness of the bond by introducing another individual into the picture without common consent.

Dealing with this feeling is not even a matter of religion, faith, culture, age, maturity, or knowledge of risks/consequences. It is about one's state of mind. When one is tempted/feels the urge to go animal, we should ask

Will this act give me fulfillment?
Can I recreate it with this individual or any other as often as I want, or is it a one-time thing?
Will I be happy with the way I feel about myself after I do it?
Is it of a better quality than what I have/i'm getting at the moment?
Will it improve my mental and emotional state during and after the act?
Is it worth losing the other things I derive from my current partner?
Does it feel like I'm in control of the act/feeling, rather than it controlling me?
If the answers to these questions are all “yes”, then there is absolutely no reason to hold back. Please go with the person you are currently being drawn magnetically to.

However, what you now need to do is to clearly and completely break off the relationship with your current partner. This should be before you let your animal feelings take over, or immediately after. By this time, you will have achieved your new level of fulfillment. No, you cannot be friends. And no, you won't have moments of regretful remorse. No, their actions didn’t push you into it. No, this is not a weakness you have. You decided to go after what would satisfy you, and given the same circumstances and unlimited resources, you would make the same decision over and over again.
Re: Should I Cheat On My Boyfriend/girlfriend/partner? Here's The Answer by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:11pm On Sep 24, 2019
Nobody should ever cheat on anyone.... any and every smart person knows that.
Re: Should I Cheat On My Boyfriend/girlfriend/partner? Here's The Answer by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2019
At what point does one cheat? The moment you find another more desirable than your partner, or the moment you get physical?
Re: Should I Cheat On My Boyfriend/girlfriend/partner? Here's The Answer by EricBloodAxe: 1:08am On Sep 25, 2019
Ain't no pussy like new pussy so cheating is a must kiss
Re: Should I Cheat On My Boyfriend/girlfriend/partner? Here's The Answer by pharrell8(m): 7:01am On Sep 25, 2019
Nice thread.. ahswear..

(1) (Reply)

. / She Want To Break My Virginity Help ! / How To Make A Girl Or Guy To Have A Crush On You At First Sight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.