Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains (1268 Views)

Use Hijab Upon Resumption’, Ogun Clerics Tell Students / Prepare For Resumption Next Week ASUU Tell Students / UNILORIN Lecturer Tell Students To Lie Down For Clapping In His Boring Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains by Freethought(m): 10:13am On Sep 25, 2019
I was going through classes this morning and i heard a teacher telling her students that there's magnet in trains that hold people when they walk on the railway when the train is coming.

She went on to explain that if the train is comin from a long distance and someone is on that track, that person will not be able to move and the train will crush and kill the person.

I actually thought this to be a myth or am i wrong?
Re: I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 10:21am On Sep 25, 2019
It's a myth.
She's probably trying to scare them from playing along the rail tracks, if not she is dangerously ignorant.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 25, 2019
Eeyah.
Perhaps that was one of the myths handed down to the teacher by area uncles from his village.

Everyone has such ideas from childhood, with some downright stupid and unscientific. It would take your own critical reasoning to burst them
Re: I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains by Freethought(m): 10:24am On Sep 25, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:
It's a myth.
She's probably trying to scare them from playing along the rail tracks, if not she is dangerously ignorant.

I'll go with the latter bro.. She didn't seem to be scaring those kids and besides, those kids are in SSS2
Re: I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 11:16am On Sep 25, 2019
Freethought:

I'll go with the latter bro.. She didn't seem to be scaring those kids and besides, those kids are in SSS2

Fair enough, but scientifically that theory of hers won't stand.
Re: I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains by vickyhow(m): 12:16pm On Sep 25, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:
if not she is dangerously ignorant.

*smiles*

1 Like

Re: I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains by ikdaddy01(m): 1:15pm On Sep 25, 2019
Freethought:
I was going through classes this morning and i heard a teacher telling her students that there's magnet in trains that hold people when they walk on the railway when the train is coming.

She went on to explain that if the train is comin from a long distance and someone is on that track, that person will not be able to move and the train will crush and kill the person.

I actually thought this to be a myth or am i wrong?
That's FREETHOUGHT
Re: I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains by Ebenaba(m): 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2019
She was wrong albeit right in a little way.
It's a panic syndrome induced by sound which makes the brain lose its thinking capacity for a moment and only few that are prepared manage to get over it.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains by ukaface(f): 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2019
I guess it's a myth
I was told same...so whenever I see a train coming I no dey go near the rail.

I thought so too,until I saw someone go against it,there ain't no magnet.
Re: I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2019
That teacher is the next big thing in physics...

cool

Einstein got nothing on her. Surprised that she hasn't discovered that same magnet in cars and trucks. How come? Such scientific genius.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:
It's a myth.

Succinctly put. Concise yet precise.

1 Like

Re: I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains by ComputerOperato: 7:50pm On Sep 25, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:
It's a myth.
Best answer

1 Like

Re: I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains by oyatz(m): 8:18pm On Sep 25, 2019
I was told the same story in 1985 when I went to spend holiday with my grandma in Ibadan and her house is close to a railway.
Re: I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains by emeijeh(m): 8:43pm On Sep 25, 2019
Maglev

Magnetic Levitation Trapitation grin
Re: I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains by Yhukay00: 10:51pm On Sep 25, 2019
Freethought:

SSS2? Report her to the school authorities, what nonsense!
Re: I Just Heard A Teacher Tell Students There's Magnet In Trains by Freethought(m): 2:14am On Sep 26, 2019
Yhukay00:
SSS2? Report her to the school authorities, what nonsense!

I thought so too

(1) (Reply)

For Every Student To Read!!!!!!! / Duolingo Replacing IELTS, TOEFL, PTE Exam During This Corona Virus Period. / School Resumption: All 2020 Post-utme Candidates Should Take Note Of This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.