Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Nigerian Under 17 Player Shot Dead During Cult Clash In Edo (Graphic PIX) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Under 17 Player Shot Dead During Cult Clash In Edo (Graphic PIX) (1060 Views)

Nigerian Under 23 Striker Joins Chelsea On Three-and-a-half-year Deal / Nigeria Vs Ecuador: FIFA Under 17 World Cup (3 - 2) Full Time / Etienne, Samuel Eto'o's Son To Play For Cameroon In FIFA Under-17 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Under 17 Player Shot Dead During Cult Clash In Edo (Graphic PIX) by NaijaOlosho(f): 2:44pm On Sep 25, 2019
Nigerian Golden Eaglet player, Duru Junior was killed in a cult fight in Auchi Polytechnic, Edo state last Sunday.

Duru Junior was among players dropped from the Uefa/Caf ongoing Turkey tournament after failing to pass the screening.

Information gathered revealed that the victim went to visit his friend in Auchi Polytechnic before he was shot dead.

Eight persons have been reportedly killed so far in the bloody cult clash in the space of three days.

However, the police authority and the community vigilante have swung into action to impose 8 pm curfew for Okada riders and students to stay indoors.

Main while, assistant Coach of the Nigeria Golden Eaglet, Jolomi Atune has disclosed that the victim is not part of the current Under 17 squad.

" He is not our player".

He said all the players belong to the Golden Eaglet are either in the close camp in Abuja or the ongoing tournament in Turkey.

The late Duru Junior is the younger brother of Lobi Stars and Super Eagles Defender Ebube Duru.

See Photos below.

>> https://grovenaija360.com/nigerian-under-17-player-shot-dead-during-cult-clash-in-edo-photos/

Re: Nigerian Under 17 Player Shot Dead During Cult Clash In Edo (Graphic PIX) by sunnychibs(m): 2:48pm On Sep 25, 2019
very sad.

What do people gain being cultists?

Money? They don't pay you a dime.

Fame? No

What exactly? Untimely death and shame to families,communities and the country in general.

I rest my pen.
Re: Nigerian Under 17 Player Shot Dead During Cult Clash In Edo (Graphic PIX) by luiscarter(m): 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2019
Please jubril should sell this country and share the money to everyone biko angry

Re: Nigerian Under 17 Player Shot Dead During Cult Clash In Edo (Graphic PIX) by josephobaro(m): 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2019
This is disheartening. A promising star terminated due to trending insecurities hovering ceaselessly.
I am still yet to see a sector that the current administration is yet to correct.
Rip..
Re: Nigerian Under 17 Player Shot Dead During Cult Clash In Edo (Graphic PIX) by Clint02(m): 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2019
Where ona take dey see all these news sef?. Me weh dey d Auchi,I no dey hear or see dem oo!

(1) (Reply)

Jordi Alba, Messi Almost Fought With Atletico Madrid Jao Felix During Supercopa / Special Advance Week 36 2020 UK Football Pool Fixtures, EKO, LKO, Panel / Sure Bet9ja Free Booking Code For Today 27th September 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.