Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

How Nnamdi Ezeigbo Founded Slot Nigeria and Tecno Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Nnamdi Ezeigbo Founded Slot Nigeria and Tecno Phone (1639 Views)

Tecno Phone With 18 Karat Gold Cover. See Reactions (Photos) / I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again / This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nnamdi Ezeigbo Founded Slot Nigeria and Tecno Phone by Gwandana: 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2019
Nnamdi Ezeigbo is the founder and CEO of Slot Nigeria, and also the co-founder of the Tecno and Infinix phone brands, one of the fastest selling mobile phones in Nigeria.

From searching for a job after his National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, to settling as a computer repairer, today, Nnamdi Ezeigbo is controlling millions, running one of the fastest phone brands in Nigeria.

The rise of telecommunication networks in the country created an opportunity for Slot Nigeria in the Nigerian market. Poor network services by network providers caused many Nigerians to purchase more than one mobile phone, so they could try a different network when the other was bad.

Seeing this as a rare opportunity, Nnamdi approached Nokia in a bid to convince them to manufacture dual sim phones for Nigerians, so they would carry only one mobile phone at a time instead of two but Nokia refused as they saw people carry more of their phones as more phone sales for them and apparently more money.

Click to know more
https://www.google.com/amp/s/buzznigeria.com/nnamdi-ezeigbo-founded-slot-nigeria/amp/
Re: How Nnamdi Ezeigbo Founded Slot Nigeria and Tecno Phone by Gwandana: 6:46pm On Sep 25, 2019
Nnamdi pitched to this bird employee to come with him to build a mobile phone that would make the lives of Nigerians not just easy, but also more affordable. They came to an agreement, and Nnamdi registered a business in Nigeria called Tecno.

After a while, they finally designed the first Tecno phone called Tecno T101. The market rejected the phone because it had a lot of issues, including the dual sim feature not working properly. This prompted them to go into more research and development, and the result was the Tecno T201. This phone was a lot better than the first, and the market slightly accepted it. With its first research and development centre in Shanghai, China, Tecno Mobile was founded as Tecno Telecom Limited, but later changed its name to Transsion Holdings with Tecno Mobile serving as one of its subsidiaries.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tecno_Mobile

Re: How Nnamdi Ezeigbo Founded Slot Nigeria and Tecno Phone by joinnow: 8:28pm On Sep 25, 2019
Nothing do you carry go
Re: How Nnamdi Ezeigbo Founded Slot Nigeria and Tecno Phone by princemillla(m): 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2019
Commendable!!! I love this.
I hope and pray someone will post my breakthrough stories someday.

Good thinking plus risk pave way to unhindered success
Re: How Nnamdi Ezeigbo Founded Slot Nigeria and Tecno Phone by lekjons(m): 1:46am On Sep 26, 2019
Misleading News!!
He is the CEO of slot, not a founder or co-founder of anything..

Founder of Tecno and Infinix?!... Da fuq?!

Where did you even get this?!

1 Like

Re: How Nnamdi Ezeigbo Founded Slot Nigeria and Tecno Phone by Kogbaski: 2:11am On Sep 26, 2019
lekjons:
Misleading News!!
He is the CEO of slot, not a founder or co-founder of anything..

Founder of Tecno and Infinix?!... Da fuq?!

Where did you even get this?!
you too you reason am abi?

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 7 32gb Rose Gold WIFI ONLY / Cloned Iphone For Sale / Huawei Y7a For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.