Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? (13368 Views)

Which Day Of Your Life Would You Like To Live In A Loop? / Nigeria @ 59; Laurels Of A Third World Country / What Are Your Worst & Best Unforgettable Memories Of 2018? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by ejimatic: 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2019
As Nigeria is celebrating 59 years of independence,which day or moment is unforgettable in the history of Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by GOFRONT(m): 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2019
Can't forget the day Nigeria was proscribed as a sh!thole by D.Trump

54 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by FatherBona: 7:59pm On Sep 25, 2019
Day KSW was hanged

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by ejimatic: 8:11pm On Sep 25, 2019
The first Nigerian match in world cup in 1994. in USA at 11 20 pm. Nigeria was agog that night..... The day Nigeria defeated Brazil in Atlanta 1996. The whole country was in celebration that night too.... The day Abacha died in 1998. People were thanking God that day ...The first fall of the ruling party in 2015 election. ....the day Jonathan increased the pump price on the new year day ...The military take over in 1983 everybody was happy not knowing a door of corruption was just opened wide in Nigeria

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by drips8(m): 9:06pm On Sep 25, 2019
The day India beat Nigeria 99-1

PS: I'm only joking

20 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Cryomancer: 11:05am On Sep 27, 2019
The few unforgettable moment for me are..

- The day i'll finally leave this sh!thole country

- The day we found out it was Atiku that killed John Wick's dog (A very painful day)

- The jubilation on the streets on the day Abacha died

- The day another political party was voted into power in Lagos state (The day is yet to come)

- The day Buhari was voted in for the second time as president (A very dumb move)

- The day FG started disobeying court orders but will run to same court to give someone else a restraining order.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by yeyeboi(m): 11:05am On Sep 27, 2019
The unforgettable day was the day buhari became the president of Nigeria cry cry cry

Up till now Nigerians are still suffering for that day cry angry

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by CeeJay9ja(m): 11:05am On Sep 27, 2019
The awkward day we elected Buhari as president

37 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Jayslicky: 11:06am On Sep 27, 2019
shocked

The most awkward day ever was the day the dullardino a.k.a Mr lifeless was sworn in as a president for the second time. That day I knew that Nigeria is on a long thing.

39 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Bofoy4(m): 11:06am On Sep 27, 2019
GOFRONT:
Can't forget the day Nigeria was proscribed as a sh!thole by D.Trump
ipob
Biafra
Igbo

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by ijewejones: 11:07am On Sep 27, 2019
The Ebola saga.

RIP to the great doctor! (forgotten her name)

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by beetown(m): 11:07am On Sep 27, 2019
1.subsidy removal by GEJ and the protest that followed
2 Buhari's election shocked
3. Bihari's reelection, even more shocking.
When I was young, I used to be really proud I shared my birthday with Nigeria. Now, I'm just ashamed. Lemme just postpone my birthday to October 2nd sef cheesy

24 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Godfullsam(m): 11:08am On Sep 27, 2019
The day Buhari took over as president sad

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by technuel: 11:08am On Sep 27, 2019
The most unforgettable day in Nigeria is the day the 1983 man was returned to power after witnessing his devastating first outing in 1983. Is it that Nigerians forget too easy or they don't reason properly.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by whoawa(m): 11:08am On Sep 27, 2019
The day Buhari took oath of office as Nigeria President, may such never happen to any nation again.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by obembet(f): 11:09am On Sep 27, 2019
I can't forget the day I was scam by Buhari/APC

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Bofoy4(m): 11:09am On Sep 27, 2019
The day Igbo plotted coup
Which leads to civil war
Which millions were kill
Which causes division among various tribes and ethnicity

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by franchasng: 11:10am On Sep 27, 2019
January 1966 coup

1966 Pogrom in the north against civilian Igbos angry

1967 - 1969 bloody civil war

October 1967 Asaba Massacre by British backed Hausa-Fulani & Yoruba allied federal forces angry angry

1983 Military coup that truncated Nigeria's smooth democracy to enthrone a pretentious, corrupt military dictator Buhariangry angry

2015 Presidential Election that produced the most disastrous President in the history of Nigeria cry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by midnighter(f): 11:10am On Sep 27, 2019
The day biafra was declared...

Civil Wars mark the history of any country

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 27, 2019

the fact that a far better Peter Obi is a vice aspirant to a more corrupt, old Atiku and Professor Osinbajo is a vice to a living-dead and fossil Buhari, the fact that I am the only one that voted for Sowore in my ward while Buhari and Atiku are having votes in hundreds yet so many youth queued under the sun to vote in my ward

After the election, I don't care what ever happens to NIGERIANS as far as I'm concern they can all go and die, so far me and my family are managing
they deserve what so ever happen to them infact they deserve more, Buhari won the election where Kingsley Moghalu, Fela Durotoye, Donald Duke, Funmilayo Adesanya-Davies, Sowore etc contested in, and anyone who claim Buhari (the worst candidate) didn't win simply means Atiku (the second worst candidate) is the winner, even some of my family follow vote for Atiku/Buhari, the only reason I can help those my family is because blood is thicker than water else ...

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by W3xy1(m): 11:11am On Sep 27, 2019
The day they gave us independence. Marriage of several tribes that shouldn't have happened. 59yrs later. We are still battling with same greed, ethnicity and tribal bigotry. Nothing has changed

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by midnighter(f): 11:11am On Sep 27, 2019
ijewejones:

The Ebola saga.

RIP to the great doctor! (forgotten her name)

Yes, that incident showed that we can do well when the circumstances are serious

Other countries were just counting dead bodies everywhere

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by samwise180(m): 11:12am On Sep 27, 2019
The soldiers we lost during the fight of Boko Haram

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Henry1006(m): 11:12am On Sep 27, 2019
The mistake of Zik and Ironsi.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Gideoniteprime4: 11:13am On Sep 27, 2019
THE day the British gave power to tafawa balewa and his likes

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by oglalasioux(m): 11:13am On Sep 27, 2019
News of General Abacha's death will remain the most shocking unforgettable moment in the history of Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by ednut1(m): 11:13am On Sep 27, 2019
The first coup in 1966

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Notime4time: 11:13am On Sep 27, 2019
The day Abacha died in 1997. ..

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Isoduwa(m): 11:13am On Sep 27, 2019
The day tonto Dike
Posted three iPhone11 on the internet and said one for her father one for herself one for her Secret Santa Cruz

And the day Linda posted on the internet and said don't be a single mother

Nigerian will never forget that day �

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Equity15(m): 11:13am On Sep 27, 2019
the day an animal swallowed money, infact everyday is memorable in Nigeria. new shocking things happens everyday...imagine i read today that nigeria wants to join U.S in space research,

lastly, the day the dullard was re-elected.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by oglalasioux(m): 11:14am On Sep 27, 2019
Notime4time:
The day Abacha died in 1997. ..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Faulty Predictions by Some Greatmen . / Is Tomorrow Public Holiday? / How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.