Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? (13370 Views)

Which Day Of Your Life Would You Like To Live In A Loop? / Nigeria @ 59; Laurels Of A Third World Country / What Are Your Worst & Best Unforgettable Memories Of 2018? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Naijaarchive(m): 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2019
midnighter:

Thought Mrs. obasanjo died of botched elective surgery.
Never said she died in the plane crash.... Only combined it in a sentence
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by destiny4luv(m): 12:18pm On Sep 27, 2019
Almost everybody is saying the same thing "Shit hole Country, Lifeless President, Zoo Country etc", Believe it or not there is power in ur thought & tongue. The way u think that's the way u talk, and that's the way ur life goes it's the truth. We all know how horrible most of our past and present leaders are, but that doesn't mean u keep on cursing d country u find urself in every blessed day. Before ur eyes others with positive mind set will keep on succeeding "(I am a living proof), but u with always a negative mindset for ur country things will be working for u as u think. Haven't u guys heard of the saying "God bless America" No matter their challenges or horrible leaders they keep on blessing their country and it's working for them. Please beloved Nairalanders and fellow Nigerians for ones in our life let's start blessing our country and our positive thoughts and believe will position the right leaders there and everything will work out for our good. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by ijewejones: 12:18pm On Sep 27, 2019
Yea..but it didn't make much wave.

With the way we dealt with the last one,no fears cool

No salt bathing or any funny technique towards it although we hope it doesn't come close grin grin

midnighter:

Lol. There is another Ebola crisis gearing up in Congo. Hopefully we will be prepared
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by engrchykae(m): 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2019
the day some white men gathered in Berlin and shared Africa in 1845. that was the beginning of the end for Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by jamace(m): 12:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
All tiers of govt should pay all salaries and arrears before 01 Oct 2019
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2019
the day my dear N5 bread (aka Solo bread) became 'extincted'

wetin concern me with political history?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by thundafire: 12:59pm On Sep 27, 2019
When Buhari was elected President for 2nd term and instead of answering questions for the youths he was busy more concerned on climate change
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by good4all40: 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2019
The day Seun created Nairaland should be a day no Nigerian should forget, Nairaland solving problems since 1900, thanks Seun for creating this platform it worth celebrating.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2019
beetown:
1.subsidy removal by GEJ and the protest that followed
2 Buhari's election shocked
3. Bihari's reelection, even more shocking.
When I was young, I used to be really proud I shared my birthday with Nigeria. Now, I'm just ashamed. Lemme just postpone my birthday to October 2nd sef cheesy

Lool...Happy birthday in advance baby.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by midnighter(f): 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2019
Naijaarchive:

Never said she died in the plane crash.... Only combined it in a sentence

Ok
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Dedetwo(m): 1:52pm On Sep 27, 2019
franchasng:
January 1966 coup

1966 Pogrom in the north against civilian Igbos angry

1967 - 1969 bloody civil war

October 1967 Asaba Massacre by British backed Hausa-Fulani & Yoruba allied federal forces angry angry

1983 Military coup that truncated Nigeria's smooth democracy to enthrone a pretentious, corrupt military dictator Buhariangry angry

2015 Presidential Election that produced the most disastrous President in the history of Nigeria :
'
(

You are the true son of the soil. However you need not give credence to the dullard named Muhamadu Buhari by adding events that highlights his name in the list.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by SoNature(m): 2:24pm On Sep 27, 2019
destiny4luv:
Almost everybody is saying the same thing "Shit hole Country, Lifeless President, Zoo Country etc", Believe it or not there is power in ur thought & tongue. The way u think that's the way u talk, and that's the way ur life goes it's the truth. We all know how horrible most of our past and present leaders are, but that doesn't mean u keep on cursing d country u find urself in every blessed day. Before ur eyes others with positive mind set will keep on succeeding "(I am a living proof), but u with always a negative mindset for ur country things will be working for u as u think. Haven't u guys heard of the saying "God bless America" No matter their challenges or horrible leaders they keep on blessing their country and it's working for them. Please beloved Nairalanders and fellow Nigerians for ones in our life let's start blessing our country and our positive thoughts and believe will position the right leaders there and everything will work out for our good. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

This one Neva know anything

Na mama thank you crew grin
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Abdotcom(m): 3:01pm On Sep 27, 2019
The day my role model (YARADUA) and my own father died, may their soul continue to Rip

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Elamin21(m): 3:08pm On Sep 27, 2019
Cryomancer:
The few unforgettable moment for me are..

- The day i'll finally leave this sh!thole country

- The day we found out it was Atiku that killed John Wick's dog (A very painful day)

- The jubilation on the streets on the day Abacha died

- The day another political party was voted into power in Lagos state (The day is yet to come)

- The day Buhari was voted in for the second time as president (A very dumb move)

- The day FG started disobeying court orders but will run to same court to give someone else a restraining order.

Me too the day PMB was elected as president couldn't sleep that night.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by themanderon: 4:09pm On Sep 27, 2019
Everyday In the shithole republic is better forgotten. Nothing good ever happens to the citizens that will give joy or hope for tomorrow.
Each government tries to outdo the other for everything ignoble.
The unfortunate day I will never forget Is the day I realized I was a citizen of this vision less, direction less and moribund entity called Nigeria a nation where everything wrong is deemed right and all that is right is thrown out the window.
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by maisauki: 4:44pm On Sep 27, 2019
GOFRONT:
Can't forget the day Nigeria was proscribed as a sh!thole by D.Trump
I can't forget the day some miscreants were proscribed
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Dagrace01(m): 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
The day Lagosians were carrying the phony caskets of Abacha jubilating his death round the streets cheesy. The gruesome genocide on the Biafrans (And the fact that we are still talking about the issue of Biafran in 2019) sad The day Atiku was defeeated wink. The day OBJ introduced GSM to the country cheesy, ( though it became the origin of internet fraud) The fact that I'm still told OBJ has a token on every recharge mtn subscribers make shocked. The day Babangida annuled the June 12 election angry. The day PMB gave the highest political honor GCFR to MKO. The day June 12 was declared democracy day grin. Emergence of Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen. The murder of Dele giwa, Ken Saro Wiwa among others angry. The fact that I don't know what happened to Al Mustapha till date. The death of Okparaji and tragic death of Rashidi Yekini angry. The death of Umaru Musa Yaradua.. The death of abami eda Fela Anikulapo Kuti sad ( I wonder what Nigeria will be by now if Baba was still alive sad) The day Naira Marley compared himself to Baba Fela, JF Kennedy and Mandela(also the fact that some Nigerians youths are now marlians) angry.. If i say make talk everything wey dey my mind about this country, my brodas nd sisters my spit go dry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by ejimatic: 8:03pm On Sep 27, 2019
FatherBona:
Day KSW was hanged
. KSW said before his execution that as long as the world exists there would be no peace in Ogoni land...
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by ejimatic: 8:06pm On Sep 27, 2019
drips8:
The day India beat Nigeria 99-1

PS: I'm only joking
. I know you are ....It seems I heard a myth like that about India when I was in secondary school too.....Thank you for your joke
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Amanda4life: 5:04am On Sep 28, 2019
As in how?
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by TheAlchemist: 7:06am On Sep 28, 2019
midnighter:

Sorry but why exactly did they kill him, just due his protest?

Even buhari doesn't really kill specific people

He was fighting for the right of the ogoni people.

In short he was killed because of "OIL"

Abacha was a blood sucking tyrant.
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by TheAlchemist: 7:18am On Sep 28, 2019
The short sighted jubilation at the discovery of crude oil in commercial quantity in Oloibiri
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by midnighter(f): 7:34am On Sep 28, 2019
TheAlchemist:

He was fighting for the right of the ogoni people.

In short he was killed because of "OIL"

Abacha was a blood sucking tyrant.

Ok
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by generationz(f): 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
yettymuse:
The day that angel, assigned to drop me at The United States, delivered me in this sh!thole
Yetty, please what's your Instagram handle?
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 19, 2019
generationz:

Yetty, please what's your Instagram handle?
hello ma'am.. @houseofokrikabags
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by generationz(f): 1:55pm On Oct 19, 2019
yettymuse:
hello ma'am.. @houseofokrikabags

I just checked that and I like that you put up the prices.

I want the braided wigs page.
Re: Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2019
generationz:

I just checked that and I like that you put up the prices.

I want the braided wigs page.
Wigmaniac_international

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Faulty Predictions by Some Greatmen . / Is Tomorrow Public Holiday? / How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.