Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,217 members, 7,807,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 (55242 Views)

Sheffield United Vs Manchester United (3 - 3) On 24th November 2019 / Manchester United Vs Brighton (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 / Chelsea Vs Ajax : UCL (4 - 4) On 5th November 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by Deepfreezer(m): 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2019
naijaschoolguru:

Bros no vex, 90min na in go judge
and at 90mins wetting happen Hide ur face in shame man.
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by Deepfreezer(m): 12:38pm On Nov 11, 2019
Akanoaaa:
This game is 2:2 or man city win. Write it down!!!
cheesy cheesy u just made a fool of urself
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by Deepfreezer(m): 12:41pm On Nov 11, 2019
Astark:
A club that Haven't win league trophy for years asin over 30 years is making mouth.
you mean the EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS LOLS
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by chiboy1116: 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
mvem:
check your history...Liverpool have a treble 2001
which treble ? Wetin be treble sef ? Maybe na U-19 win treble Liverpool has never won a treble .
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by chiboy1116: 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2019
RTSC:

You are not a Liverpool fan or just a plastic new comer.
I am not even a Liverpool fan.

Liverpool have not won the title for 25 years yet they have won the league 18times.
That is history. That is greatness.

Barcelona have been winning the league anyhow since 2000 yet the gap is 7 league titles.

Now that Liverpool is on the ascension and barca is on the downgrade, how many titles do you think Liverpool can win in ten years to meet Barcelona if not eclipse them.?

You think beating Manchester city is a small thing.?
Not just beating them by fluke, but actually outplaying them.

City is the standard for Barcelona this season.
In quality of players, pattern of football, and even manager.
Manchester City is what Barcelona aspires to be like once again.
And you just commonise it.
u got me at man city is what Barcelona aspires to be .

I think it's high time I left nairaland . I read lots of rubbish everyday . From 2000- 2019 Barcelona had competitors , they had Valencia , Madrid , atletico . Dude calm your tits , we haven't even won the league yet . I don tire for some people for this nairaland sef . So because I said the fucking truth u labeled me as a plastic fan ? Dude FCB and Liverpool aren't mates over the last 20 years few clubs come close to Barcelona and Liverpool isn't one of them , let's not deceive ourselves abeg . And pls don't quote me with this yeye quote . Man city is what Barcelona aspires to be ? A club with more than 80 trophies ? Lwkmd .
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by cuteluks(f): 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2019
Hurray, we now have a youtube channel where you can view Fashion Styles in Animated form.

Quickly Subscribe to this channel to get started.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTfJWu3nm1EA-xfIzsOzDZw?sub_confirmation=1
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by mvem(m): 2:10pm On Nov 11, 2019
chiboy1116:
which treble ? Wetin be treble sef ? Maybe na U-19 win treble Liverpool has never won a treble .
oga 2000/2001 Liverpool won a treble...don't argue and just check. It is known as our treble winning season
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by RTSC: 2:11pm On Nov 11, 2019
chiboy1116:
u got me at man city is what Barcelona aspires to be .

I think it's high time I left nairaland . I read lots of rubbish everyday . From 2000- 2019 Barcelona had competitors , they had Valencia , Madrid , atletico . Dude calm your tits , we haven't even won the league yet . I don tire for some people for this nairaland sef . So because I said the fucking truth u labeled me as a plastic fan ? Dude FCB and Liverpool aren't mates over the last 20 years few clubs come close to Barcelona and Liverpool isn't one of them , let's not deceive ourselves abeg . And pls don't quote me with this yeye quote . Man city is what Barcelona aspires to be ? A club with more than 80 trophies ? Lwkmd .
Who is talking about historical trophies here between city and Barcelona?

If you can't comprehend, why not read and go?

Go to any barca blog and ask them who their favourite team is right now.

Can you compare Barcelona to Manchester city from last season till now?
Or you can't see that Barcelona has declined in every way?
Guy , just go. Your football knowledge is archaic.
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by openmine(m): 3:07pm On Nov 11, 2019
chiboy1116:
Bro he gave you the year Liverpool won a treble...in other words,winning three trophies in a season!
All that you would have done is to google the year Liverpool won a 'treble' to confirm if he is lying or if you need some new information which you are obviously unaware of!

That year,Liverpool won the league cup(formerly Carling cup and now carabao cup),the Fa cup and the Uefa cup(now Europa cup) which qualifies for a 'treble'.....smh sad
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by IJEYdiamond(f): 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2019
openmine:

I really dont understand the 'politics' you are referring to?
Since you are not a soccer fan,its best you avail yourself with the soccer laws before hastily concluding!

I am not concluding... i will say it as it is.. let me not believe u are a Liverpool fan... undecided
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by openmine(m): 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2019
IJEYdiamond:

I am not concluding... i will say it as it is.. let me not believe u are a Liverpool fan... undecided
You don't say it as it is or make opinions without knowing the laws surrounding soccer!
Most of the people that have commented so far have showed they have little or no knowledge about soccer esp the handball rules!
Even when someone was gracious enough to provide a link to the rules,those arguing emotionally didn't even try to enlighten themselves about such rules!

If someone strikes the ball to an opponent's arm and the person doesn't in any way try to impede or stop the progress of the ball by altering any part of his arm towards the ball,then a handball can't be given!

Yours is different because,like you said,you are not a 'fan of soccer',hence,it will be difficult for you to make opinions based on a subject you know little of!
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by chiboy1116: 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2019
openmine:

Bro he gave you the year Liverpool won a treble...in other words,winning three trophies in a season!
All that you would have done is to google the year Liverpool won a 'treble' to confirm if he is lying or if you need some new information which you are obviously unaware of!

That year,Liverpool won the league cup(formerly Carling cup and now carabao cup),the Fa cup and the Uefa cup(now Europa cup) which qualifies for a 'treble'.....smh sad
it's not a continental treble if you don't win the league ....that's what I am saying , only 7 teams have done that and Liverpool isn't one of them .
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by zeestone99(m): 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2019
0temSapien:
And Valencia go beat Chelsea grin

I'm a Chelsea fan though but they beat us
grin

Lol. grin
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by openmine(m): 4:46pm On Nov 11, 2019
chiboy1116:
it's not a continental treble if you don't win the league ....that's what I am saying , only 7 teams have done that and Liverpool isn't one of them .
You are the one trying to make your own list of clubs who have won a treble based on your own criteria...however,the world of soccer stats doesn't see it that way!

So what if barca won the super cup,champions league and Copa del Rey without winning the league title,will you say its not a treble?

Bro the league cup is local and the fa cup is also local!
Whether the league was won or not is immaterial!
The question is....did Liverpool win a treble that year,and the answer is an empathetic YES!
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by chiboy1116: 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2019
RTSC:

Who is talking about historical trophies here between city and Barcelona?

If you can't comprehend, why not read and go?

Go to any barca blog and ask them who their favourite team is right now.

Can you compare Barcelona to Manchester city from last season till now?
Or you can't see that Barcelona has declined in every way?
Guy , just go. Your football knowledge is archaic.
I wouldn't say my football knowledge is archaic , I wasn't the one comparing Liverpool's history to Barcelona's history . For someone who claims to know much about football history that's really really bad . You are making it seem as if Barcelona is now a really really bad club, like they are a AC milans level .
Yea they haven't been like the old Barcelona , but they still win trophies , one might say that's because de are in the Spanish league , maybe or maybe not . That doesn't change the fact that they are still winning and are still de club with the most amount of trophies in the past 10-15 years ,I wouldn't count a club like that out . And like you said, let's wait and see , we might be at Barcelona's level after 10 years . Unless the success of a club is based on only the number of UCL titles they win . I don't know . grin

Shalom .
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by chiboy1116: 4:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
openmine:

You are the one trying to make your own list of clubs who have won a treble based on your own criteria...however,the world of soccer stats doesn't see it that way!

So what if barca won the super cup,champions league and Copa del Rey without winning the league title,will you say its not a treble?

Bro the league cup is local and the fa cup is also local!
Whether the league was won or not is immaterial!
The question is....did Liverpool win a treble that year,and the answer is an empathetic YES!

Baba I am not arguing with you on this , don't you have a phone , suit yourself bro .
Someone just labeled me as a plastic fan cause I was saying the truth , I wouldn't want that to happen again so make we just let the matter die .

PSV
Ajax
Man utd
Barcelona
Inter Milan
Bayern
Celtic
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by openmine(m): 5:26pm On Nov 11, 2019
chiboy1116:
Baba I am not arguing with you on this , don't you have a phone , suit yourself bro .
Someone just labeled me as a plastic fan cause I was saying the truth , I wouldn't want that to happen again so make we just let the matter die .

PSV
Ajax
Man utd
Barcelona
Inter Milan
Bayern
Celtic
I also dont like argument too but stop using your own criteria as a fact!
A treble is a treble! Simple! smiley

https://www.sportsbreak.com/soccer/the-14-best-treble-winners-in-european-soccer-history/

10. Liverpool FC
Liverpool won a different type of treble in 1983/84 as they captured the English First Division to go along with a League Cup and European Cup. Their league title was the second of four straight and they achieved it by beating runners-up Southampton by three points. The League Cup win was actually a Merseyside Derby as they drew Everton 0-0 in the Final at Wembley and then edged them 1-0 in the replay at Maine Road in Manchester three days later. As for the European Cup, the Reds won their fourth of five crowns by slipping past Roma 2-1 in a penalty shootout. Liverpool hasn’t won the English top flight since 1989/90, but have enough to boast about with their five European reigns, 18 league titles, three UEFA Cups and UEFA Super Cups, seven FA Cups and eight League Cups. Liverpool’s 2000/01 season wasn’t too shabby either as they won the English FA and League Cups along with the UEFA Cup.
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by hinohsend: 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2019
RTSC:

Guy, football did not start in 2000.
Are you going to say Barcelona is a greater European power than ac Milan just because Barcelona is more relevant now or because Barcelona has more balloon d'or winners than ac Milan?

If you can't say that, then there is no way you can say that Barcelona is greater than Liverpool.
Maybe recently, but Liverpool would wipe out those recent achievement of Barcelona in the next years.

Liverpool would soon win another champions league in the next two years, making it seven to five.

In The next 10 years Liverpool is going to wipe out Barcelona from reckoning.
Just wait till messi retires.

Will, would, is going.... That's all your post is about, claiming speculations are facts, Mr Prophet. Answer the question, Is Inter or Ajax bigger than Juve?

When Liverpool were by far the biggest English club in the 90s nobody argued about their legacy because United & Arsenal were on the rise, United had to overtake them in PL wins first to be placed on the same pedal as Pool... Maybe Pool would go back to being clear No1 again we shall see.

And yes, Barcelona is a bigger club than ACMilan! Are you kidding? They're close in terms of greatness though, No 2 & 3... Liverpool probably No6.

If you can post one recent and credible link, or a credible/recognized poll, that places Liverpool above Barcelona on the list of Biggest/Greatest clubs in the world. I'll stop arguing. Just one!

You think Liverpool is a bigger/Greater club than Barcelona currently? You're ridiculous grin
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by RTSC: 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2019
hinohsend:

Will, would, is going.... That's all your post is about, claiming speculations are facts, Mr Prophet. Answer the question, Is Inter or Ajax bigger than Juve?

When Liverpool were by far the biggest English club in the 90s nobody argued about their legacy because United & Arsenal were on the rise, United had to overtake them in PL wins first to be placed on the same pedal as Pool... Maybe Pool would go back to being clear No1 again we shall see.

And yes, Barcelona is a bigger club than ACMilan! Are you kidding? They're close in terms of greatness though, No 2 & 3... Liverpool probably No6.

If you can post one recent and credible link, or a credible/recognized poll, that places Liverpool above Barcelona on the list of Biggest/Greatest clubs in the world. I'll stop arguing. Just one!

You think Liverpool is a bigger/Greater club than Barcelona currently? You're ridiculous grin
Ac Milan is a greater club than Barcelona.

That is a fact.
You are suffering from recency bias.
You think the recent Success of Barcelona had placed them above their betters.
Football is not just for ten years.

Liverpool is going to be in the ascension over Barcelona for the next ten years, winning every trophy in sight.

Following your logic, Liverpool would now be greater then.
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by Minemrys: 2:30pm On Nov 14, 2019
Saaog:
it's a pity you are ignorant about football the same liverpool chelsea gave tough time if not for penalty shoot out chelseafc would have pummelled them.
eh? How chelsea take equalise for extra time again? Was it n0t through a penalty that wasn't a penalty? Which chelsea gave Liverpool tough time? Klopp obviously didn't take the cup serious which was evident fr0m the line up as he didn't start 0ne of his fr0nt 3 and used a weak midfield in that game. Talk m0re of the epl game at stamford bridge n0t the super cup. Liverpool had a field day at stamford only that firmin0 and the others weren't clinical with their shots. They even changed tactics to a defensive set up in 2nd half and stopped attacking so n0t to tire their players.
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by 2nattie(m): 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2019
arthur24:
For those shouting PK, read this and gain knowledge.
https://www.premierleague.com/news/1263332
shocked
Thanks for the enlightenment

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Athletic Bilbao Vs Barcelona : Spanish Super Cup (4 - 0) On 14th August 2015 / Liverpool Vs Manchester City (4 - 3) On 14th January 2018 / Manchester United Wishes Nigerians Happy Independence Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.