Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha - Business (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha (61909 Views)

If You Import From China. Let’s Do Business! / Aerial View Of Harbour Industrial Layout Onitsha-photo / Nairalander And Twin Brother Swags At Onitsha Mall- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by AmuRubber(m): 8:18am On Jan 24, 2022
antivirushop:

u can start ur online shop. such innovation is rare here. d secret of Biz is getting d right info. knowing how best to source ur goods and people to sell to. at times I come online here and see people saying they want to import this or that from abroad, I laugh. how can someone just go all d way to china and buy few goods at a higher rate and pay high transportation cost and then will be trying to sell for naija. do u know DT there is someone somewhere in naija who buys DT same item u bough in many containers . how do u thin his price will be same as yours. the truth there is DT there are items u can buy here even at china price in Nigeria. why is BC d importer who brought in enjoys Benefits DT follows bulk purchase.
it all depends on d info u have and ur capacity . for instance, I know a company that u can buy some phone accessories from like battery and memory cards here in naija at same price it will be sold to u in china. then u will still add ur shipping money from china to naija for ur item. so its beta for u to buy here.

I know some wealthy men who Neva import anything from abroad. they have huge money. but what they do is they wait for u d importer, once ur container lands he will say I will buy all ur containers or some at a little profit margin. he will carry d goods and sell in d same market as d importer. even some of them are richer than d direct importers BC they make more profit and they don't undertake any risks like custom seizing goods or water entering container, unstable exchange rate or shortage.

about trust and insecurity, its everywhere if u keep thinking of DT then u won't be able to do anything

Thank you very much for this eye-opening post.
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by AmuRubber(m): 8:31am On Jan 24, 2022
antivirushop:

starting a Biz in Onitsha is not easy. if u don't have big capital, don't think about it BC there re many moneybags here and u can't compete with them. many people who came to hustle here were struck out BC of the competition.d good thing is d competition makes prices to go down, my advise is buy goods at low price from Onitsha and go to other locations eg north or south south states were there is less competition and become a wealthy man there. there re goods u can even buy at clearance or auction prices and u take then to d north or other places and sell them at any price u wish. personally, I know a man who imports unique gowns from USA , sri Lanka ,Europe etc. these gowns he sell them at 6k and above. after some months he clears his warehouse and will sell same stuffs remaining at around 400 to 500naira. I have seen guys who left Onitsha to other places and today they re big boys. unless ur intended Biz is ICT related like software dev stuffs or service related which is not much in this town. but if its physical goods e go hard u

as per house rent, u can get a room in face me I face u apartment around odoakou for 4k. or u can share a flat with someone at around 6 to 7k

Spot on!
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by AmuRubber(m): 9:15am On Jan 24, 2022
steppin:
I just saw this thread and the Op gave a very good advice, but some people chose to ignore it.
Don't get a shop in Onitsha if you don't have at least 5-6 million left after getting the shop.
If you have anything less, the money bags there will frustrate you with silly prices and you'll end up depressed.
If you really want to make real money, buy your things in onitsha and sell in far away places like Benin, Portharcourt, Bayelsa and other states not close to Onitsha.
Onitsha is not for the weak.
You must be an astute business man before you can make it there.
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by antivirushop: 8:59am On Jan 28, 2022
business have fully resumed in onitsha after d xmas holidays. one.of d longest so far.

i am still ur best plug for all sandisk products, imation and digirich flashdrives,otg and memory csrds. also other accessories like sata case,usb modems, mifi, routers, moise, mini ups etc. i.import and do wholesale strictly.
welcome to this great biz year

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by antivirushop: 8:25am On Mar 07, 2022
updates

Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by antivirushop: 8:35am On Mar 07, 2022
turkey shorts and many other trending jeans,joggers etc

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by antivirushop: 8:42am On Mar 07, 2022
new designs of wears still coming into onitsha market on weekly basis. i was wit some of my wears importer friends lastweek. i,noticed dt wears prices increased over d last few months but what surprised me is dt more people are buying despite d fact of price increase, i think after food and medicine next thing in demand na wears, i,have been rare here for long due to commitments and busy schedule, well all d same am,back and wil try as much as possible to keep it alive

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by antivirushop: 9:22am On Mar 07, 2022
more

Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by Trice2: 10:29am On Mar 17, 2022
I want to buy quality human hairs in bundle. The naked one. Who has a plug in onitcha anambra state I can call to visit his/her stores and get them?
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by maybet081: 11:17pm On Mar 18, 2022
For the best prices of any product you want to buy from onitsha,contact us at shoppermalls.com onitsha,especially for resellers any where in Nigeria,
Chat us on WhatsApp 09135137880
Or link on with https:///message/J6RNV52H2Y7JF1

We bring Onitsha market to you door step.

Get your goods delivered within 24-48hours.

Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by antivirushop: 12:09pm On Mar 21, 2022
shirts updates

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by antivirushop: 12:30pm On Mar 21, 2022
i know an importer that brings in different designs of shirts upto 20000pcs everyweek, many sllers from lagos,abuja,kano,aba,benin are trooping in everyweek to buy these shirts. if,u,need let me know, only serious people not, time wasters

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by cutieme(m): 7:29am On Mar 29, 2022
antivirushop:
i know an importer that brings in different designs of shirts upto 20000pcs everyweek, many sllers from lagos,abuja,kano,aba,benin are trooping in everyweek to buy these shirts. if,u,need let me know, only serious people not, time wasters
I need o but how much does he sell, let me know, also how much can one get an accommodation in Nkpor axis?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by antivirushop: 10:14pm On Apr 04, 2022
cutieme:

I need o but how much does he sell, let me know, also how much can one get an accommodation in Nkpor axis?

my comtact is d biggest impporter of these.kind.of ahirts here in.onitsha. sells to.other shops here. i know his price is best for quantity buyers. flast in.nkpor is around 20k per month

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by Bestofralph(m): 8:15am On Apr 21, 2022
Can anyone help with location or contact of someone in Onitsha that deals on great quality plain t-shirts?
Unit Hundred brand preferably or something higher.
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by antivirushop: 9:51am On May 02, 2022
konga is now.in.onitsha. more businesses and.population.are.coming.to onitsha due.to.the average biz atmosphere and.potentials.of.the town.
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by antivirushop: 9:54am On May 02, 2022
Bestofralph:
Can anyone help with location or contact of someone in Onitsha that deals on great quality plain t-shirts?
Unit Hundred brand preferably or something higher.

there are many dealers of this in main.market
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by antivirushop: 9:56am On May 02, 2022
TOPLINK 4g router with 4lan ports and inbuilt 5000mah battery. suitable for ur cctv and other connections dt requires uninterrupted power.

ur beat deals on.original external hard drives transcend and.seagate. best prices cheaper than.lagos

still ur best place fir all.original sabdisk products from.microsd, sd cards, flashdrives,otg. best prices than.lagos

network signal boosters with support for call and data for places with poor betwork reception

if u are a dealer or run accessory shop. your best place to get best prices is at
Shop B151 Digital plaza,new market road. onitsha

Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by antivirushop: 10:44am On May 02, 2022
onitsha is a free biz zone for all people at all levels. many plazas aee springing up. if u are wealthy u can come buy land near the nain.market and build plaza. that is the new goldmine in town. if u re a middle class u can come and start a biz. fine goods in demand and import or sell u will make it. of u dont have much money u can vome buy goods and sell in remote areas. u can even buy some goods at auctioned prices and sell in.ur region. onitsha is d breast that feed any baby. just.find a way to take d opportunity that comes ur way. will expand on all these points.later
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by antivirushop: 3:12pm On May 02, 2022
for those into photography , Venn Road close to.new market road is a place u can buy camera and other accessories. billions of naira worth of trade are going on there on daily basis. this market feeds many states in.nigeria and neighbouring countries.
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by Fabbyking: 4:10pm On May 02, 2022
Just came across the trend, keep up the good work!
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by Jlow2: 5:18pm On May 02, 2022
Prices of the jeans?
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by donvicky2007: 6:10pm On May 02, 2022
antivirushop:
onitsha is a free biz zone for all people at all levels. many plazas aee springing up. if u are wealthy u can come buy land near the nain.market and build plaza. that is the new goldmine in town. if u re a middle class u can come and start a biz. fine goods in demand and import or sell u will make it. of u dont have much money u can vome buy goods and sell in remote areas. u can even buy some goods at auctioned prices and sell in.ur region. onitsha is d breast that feed any baby. just.find a way to take d opportunity that comes ur way. will expand on all these points.later

Where are they selling goods at auction price?
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by antivirushop: 8:52am On May 04, 2022
donvicky2007:

Where are they selling goods at auction price?
inside main.market
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by antivirushop: 9:40am On May 12, 2022
original external hard drives from 1tb to 4tb at best prices. cheaper than lagos best deals comimg from omitsha

Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by Emperordynasty: 9:11pm On Jun 05, 2022
antivirushop:
There are uncountable reasons why its cheaper and easier to do business or buy goods from Onitsha. I may not wirte all but will give the basic ones

1.Proximity
Onitsha is a commercial city with less land mass. You can move across the city within 30mins. The various markets in the city is not far from each other thereby offering you the convenience to do Biz in the city. For example ,moving from main market to building material market takes only 10mins and can cost N100 for transport.

2. Large Concentration of importers/Varieties
The markets in onitsha has importers in virtually all items. That is why it is easy to find and buy almost all the varieties of items u might need here. Also it makes the prices affordable. There are some items you can buy cheaper in onitsha than in lagos even though all cargos and shipments come almost through lagos ports. There are different markets for different items. Eg main market( for general goods- clothes,articles, phones,accessories), building material market, Shoe site market, Stockfish market, aluminium profiles markets, spare parts market etc.
U can get varieties of any type of goods u desire. remember what they said about variety being the spice of life

3. Affordable freight/ Transportation
This is one of the areas onitsha has a higher advantage over other commercial cities. Here in onitsha, u can get transport vehicles/lorries going to virtually all parts and states of Nigeria and even outside Nigeria like Cameroon, Ghana etc. Its not only availability but also its cheap and affordable. For example you can send goods or package from onitsha to Sokoto, Kano, Yola, etc at the cost of N1000. While sending goods from a location in lagos to another location in lagos costs same amount.Its so because there are many transport companies that transverse through Nigeria here in onitsha. For example, going from Onitsha to Sokoto which is a very far distance can take u only 10hours in a luxury bus. So u can come to onitsha from sokoto to buy goods and be back at sokoto the next day. Do u know u can go to lagos from Onitsha via a bus with N2000 if u dont hwve muchnmoney to board regular bus. Just go to asaba from onitsha and board a bus. And so with other locations throughout Nigeria

4. Good Infrastructure/Hospitality sector.
Thanks to the government of Peter Obi, onitsha has well inter connected roads. Also other amenities like schools, hospitals, hotels. You can get very good hotels at a cheaper rates. Even house rent in onitsha is generally cheap. You can get a 3bedroom flat for N240,000 The city is also well secured due to the empowerment of the various security agencies. Financial institutions like banks are scattered everywhere in the city. So getting money is easier.
This town does not encounter communal or sectorial crisis so there is peace.

5. Affordable goods
As I said earlier that Onitsha has a cluster of many importers. This makes it easy to buy goods at cheapest rate than elsewhere in Nigeria. Except foodstuffs that is generally brought down from north to east, virtually u can buy all other items at the most affordable rate here.

6. Cheap Rent
Generally its no news that rent in Onitsha is generally cheaper than most locations in Nigeria. You can get monthly shop rents ranging from N3000 - N30000 in big markets here. Even house rent comes cheap too compared to other locations. N180000 can get you a comfortable 2 or 3bedroom flats in the heart of the city. Such amount may get you only a self con apartment in lagos.

7. You can add yours

List of Popular Markets in Onitsha
1. Main market, Onitsha.
2. Ose Market, Onitsha
3.Ochanja Market ,Onitsha
4. Relief Market,Onitsha .
5. Stockfish International Market, Onitsha
6. Mgbuka old spare parts market, Obosi.
7. New spare parts market, Nkpor.
8. New Tyre market, Nkpor.
9. Building Material market, Ogidi.
10. Baking material market, Ogidi.
11. POWs market, Onitsha.
12. Building material market,portharcour road, Onitsha.
13. Aluminium Profile & accessory mamarket, Onitsha.
14. Shoe Site market, Onitsha.
15. Electronics Market, Onitsha.
16. Electrical Market, Obosi.
17. Ogbogwu international market, Onitsha.
18. Wood and timber market, onitsha
19. plywood and furniture accessory market, Ogbunike
20. provision market, Ogidi
21. Leather and upholstery cloth market, ogidi
22, Bicycle Parts market, Ogbunike.
23. Foodstuff market, beside army barracks , Onitsha.
24. Afia coke, onitsha

All these markets mentioned above are heavily stocked and is of international standard. You can get almost all brands of goods there.

Pls in which of these markets can I buy books (not note books),
Educational, motivational, Christian ,etc
And also
Stantioneries and art supplies..

Also I was thinking of importing books but reading your eye opening post, I've decided to buy from those who import in bulk, but I don't know which market in onitsha to buy from
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by Prosperity4All: 5:45pm On Jun 06, 2022
Emperordynasty:

And also

Also I was thinking of importing books but reading your eye opening post, I've decided to buy from those who import in bulk, but I don't know which market in onitsha to buy from

Main market.
Near Lagos line
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by Emperordynasty: 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2022
Prosperity4All:

Main market.
Near Lagos line
Thank you boss I really appreciate
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by antivirushop: 4:41am On Jun 15, 2022
Emperordynasty:

And also

inside main.market and.also along okwei.street.close.to.main.market
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by Emperordynasty: 2:31pm On Jun 15, 2022
antivirushop:

inside main.market and.also along okwei.street.close.to.main.market
Thank you I really appreciate
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by gifted21(f): 9:21pm On Aug 04, 2022
[quote author=antivirushop post=113813972]

Pls where can l buy Indian wrappers the type women tie in the south and east or two wrappers and blouse
Also where to get jeans and good shirt for men
Re: Why You Should Do Business In Onitsha by antivirushop: 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2022
[quote author=gifted21 post=115390094][/quote]

wraper u can get at abada market at head bridge onitsha.
jeans and.polo is at main.market.
sorry for late reply. man is busy

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

10 Businesses That Can Make You Rich In Nigeria / Forbes' 30 Under 30 For 2020: Nigeria Tops List / How To Start Ankara Fabrics Business in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.