Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? (15326 Views)

My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. / I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... / I Finally Went For A HIV Test First Time In My Entire Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Kylekent59: 1:22pm On Sep 26, 2019
That was during my medical in school then. Negative.

If you know yourself and your body system, you need not fear.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by MiztaYouneek(m): 1:22pm On Sep 26, 2019
Let me read lies.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by candidbabe(f): 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
Jchi9876:

Lol You no call God when you dey chook anyhow
it was a mistake though

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by ehinmowo: 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
schooling (I am choosing my words carefully) itself has become useless in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Mutemenot(m): 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
Last one wasn't too scary but I remembered I chop one kpekus raw, that was all my fear...
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by midnighter(f): 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
modelmike7:
Singing Happily , as i didn't eat the forbidden fruit or take my head to a shrine call barbing salon.

It's actually very difficult to get hiv from barbing...that's a huge misinformation and I don't know where it comes from . That's how I was always afraid when getting weave-on in the salon

It can't survive for *long* outside the body *when exposed to air and water*

Even during the HIV talk at camp they were peddling this lie

**You can still get hepatitis C, tetanus + ringworm from them though...shout at the barber if he doesnt clean/replace his clipper**

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by xristos(m): 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2019
this thing u take lightly because uve not done the test, or feeling OK...its all because u dont know yet.
Go do the test and be sure!
Once u know, ur countenance changes immediately.

ive worked with diff orgs...and its mandatory...so ive done mine repeatedly.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by donchrisville: 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
rough play
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Mike008(m): 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ya'll know this thread is only for HIV people ayt?
That's Technical Stigmatization because a person who went for it and tested positive will be psychologically incapable of contributing since everyone here is negative.

Me I no know my own o.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Starboytwo(m): 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2019
How cheap is it? Or on the average

The info might go a long way...

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
Mine at first I wasn't scared, because i had reached a point where i had, had so much sex that I felt if I was positive, I wouldn't question it even though I was always wearing protection. I waited after 5months since my last encounter because I got into a relationship so haven't had sex since then. When I came for the result I was lying to myself that I can deal with the result even if it came out positive, then the receptionist told me to meet the doctor for my result, then in my mind I was like Jesu this is the end, oh well it was fun while it lasted. I sat down and face d the doctor and he told me it was negative so I then asked why they didn't just give me the report at the reception, apparently the Printer wasnt working and they couldn't tell the receptionist the result so they had to call me, so I told the doctor that he almost gave me heart attack, and since then I've been pseudo-celebate. grin

10 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
ursullalinda:
Hahaha with cancer I no dey fear HIV again because HIV is like malaria to cancer. So going for HIV test can not give me BP
sorry
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Jchi9876: 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
candidbabe:
it was a mistake though

Na from mistake hiv go turn AIDS for your korokoro eye

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2019
Abegi all die na die rich or poor young or old religious or not
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 26, 2019

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Premiumwriter: 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2019
OKOATA:
The last time I had mine, I was sweating like a christmas goat, my new cheek told me to get a test done before we go down. I was happy thereafter. smiley
hope you saw her own sha?

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:36pm On Sep 26, 2019
Shuddery.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by worldclass68(m): 1:36pm On Sep 26, 2019
that nurse hen, she just wanted to surfer me that day, as she brought the result with one kind look on her face, the look said it all already, i started crying inside of me, and she come dey do one kind counseling oo, she come dey ask how i was exposed oo, my brother I told her everything oo, how how we met, how I gave her head and do the same, ...then I started crying, then she handed the result to me and asked me to open it, I saw
syphilis= negative
hapetitis B = negative
Hiv 1 and 2 = negative

I checked again maybe I was mistaking
haha..I come look her in d face and said "but.......
she asked me " did I say you re positive
if you like go and start to dey give head again, or if you even have to do it, make sure u know the person's status...so she smiled and walked away after exchanging numbers, cuz she fine ooo and we have been talking since then.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by 40secondsguy(m): 1:37pm On Sep 26, 2019
ursullalinda:
Hahaha with cancer I no dey fear HIV again because HIV is like malaria to cancer. So going for HIV test can not give me BP
Damn...do you have cancer

Answer me embarassed

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by adedayoa2(f): 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
I didn't feel anyhow jare, I was preggy and HIV test was part of the tests. So i didn't even know until I saw the results

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by SolarMight(m): 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
makewetalk2:
Na man way day put hand for small pikin totoh na day shake when the girl day shout "i will tell"
if your hands are clean, you will feel exactly the same way as you do when you go for malaria and typhoid test.
sinful generation sharing body fluids like harlots. y'all with your dead consciences and evil ways.
am i judging? no! just stating fax.
on the other hand, those who have contracted this virus innocently, God will see you through.
A friend of mine got this disease from her illicit and promiscuous husband. When he felt sick all the girls ran away. at that point he wanted to read the bible.
make una day busy day fornicate and una think say God no day see una. na small time.

meanwhile nigerian passport office in warri has no paper to print people's travel passports. who know who call and talk oh

Just head to bayelsa with 35k. Warri doesn't have paper for one year now grin

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by sexylabo(m): 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
confident..nah one thing go kill person
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by NigerianMan: 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
2k or less
Starboytwo:
How cheap is it? Or on the average

The info might go a long way...
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Kylekent59: 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
midnighter:

It's actually very difficult to get hiv from barbing...that's a huge misinformation and I don't know where it comes from . That's how I was always afraid when getting weave-on in the salon

It can't survive for more than a few seconds outside the body

Even during the HIV talk at camp they were peddling this lie

You should have asked the guy if he does eat with canteen spoon or if he kisses his gf who has a bleeding gum.

Some people are funny.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by qawiyy(m): 1:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
ursullalinda:

You have cancer??
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by mercyviv(f): 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
Been tested twice, no anxiety of any kind. I think the fearful ones truly has good reasons to be anxious perhaps, due to their somewhat hitherto rough adventures.
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by modsfucker: 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hmmm I remember when I wanted to do mine after receiving a kiss and Mouth Action from a lady.... I went round more than 5 hospitals but couldn't muster the courage to tell them I come for HIV test...

In one of the hospitals, I told them I wanna check my blood group... Before they draw my blood, I saw their menu and luckily HIV test was among the list. So I tell the woman I wanna do that too. Can you imagine the smart woman busted my bubble, asking me if I had initially came for the HIV test.... I felt so ashamed... I had to locatey exit on my way to the accounts section to make payments.... Though I never had sex, in the end I turned out to be negative...

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by GOFRONT(m): 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
grin

Only once in a very longwhile we read about a guy on Frontpage who has gone to run his Hiv test whose result are always a Negative one....

But how about those whose HIV test results came Positive.....why are they not always Courageous enough to create a thread and tell us how they went for Hiv test and after waiting and sweating profusely like a christmas goat, result finally came but it came HIV POSITIVE??

But why are we ever like that??....Why do we love and choose to run away from the public whenever it is time to open up how Reality has set in on us??

Whenever the HIV result is sweet (Negative), we are quick to announce it to the world, then later we go ahead to spread our wings to fly anyhow we want....But whenever the result HIV is irredeemably Bitter (POSITIVE), We begin to act secretive, we begin to beg our doctors n Nurses to keep it a seceret by all means.....

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by midnighter(f): 1:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
Kylekent59:

You should have asked the guy if he does eat with canteen spoon or if he kisses his gf who has a bleeding gum.

Some people are funny.

Lol there's so much hysteria about it to the point where even the government has been giving wrong information

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by peeps4u: 1:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
I felt nothing when i did my HIV test. In fact, it was a voluntary test which I could reject if I wanted to. It was during my second baby's delivery, I was with my wife when a nurse asked me if I was interested in free HIV test, I just said no p and did it.
In fact, it was my wife that collected the result for me on the second day, no tension no stress.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by TSRC: 1:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
I went for HIV test yesterday at the general hospital, it was negative.

Though I would repeat it later. There is a reason.

It would remain negative in Jesus name.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

7 Perfect Ways To Better Your Mental Health / Your Experience In The Hands Of Nigerian Nurses / Nairalander Donates Blood To Celebrate His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.