Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,749 members, 7,802,292 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Veteran Musician, ‘mad Melon’ Of ‘danfo Drivers’ Fame, Is Dead - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Veteran Musician, ‘mad Melon’ Of ‘danfo Drivers’ Fame, Is Dead (289 Views)

Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame / Video Of Daddy Showkey Mourns As Mad Melon Of ‘danfo Driver’ Is Dead / Mad Melon Of The ‘danfo Driver’ Fame Is Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Veteran Musician, ‘mad Melon’ Of ‘danfo Drivers’ Fame, Is Dead by Fogman(m): 12:33pm On Sep 26, 2019
Oghenemaro Emeofa, popularly known as Mad Melon, the one half of veteran Nigerian music duo, Danfo Drivers, has died.

His management broke the news in a statement on Thursday morning.

“The Management of Mad Melon and Mountain Black aka Danfo Driver wishes to announce to the general public the passing on to glory of Oghenemaro Henry Azubuike Emeofa aka Mad Melon which sad event took place last night.

“A mighty Iroko and a true legend has fallen. May God grant his family, groupmate (Mountain Black) well-wishers and friends the fortitude to bear the loss. May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace. Amen, “The statement read.

The musician was said to be battling an undisclosed ailment before he passed on Wednesday night at Tolu Medical Centre Hospital in Ajegunle, Lagos.
Daddy Showkey also reacted to the news on Instagram on Thursday morning saying, “’If dem de tell people, make dem dey hear”.

His contemporary, Nicodemus, also lamented the singer’s death on Facebook.

He wrote, “I just concluded arrangements with Danfo Drivers for my forthcoming event #BookOfNicodemus only to receive news about the death of Mad Melon this morning. What is life?”
Humble beginnings

The duo drove a commercial bus to make ends meet until they were discovered by Cornerstone Music in early 2003.

From being a ‘Danfo’ bus driver that plied the Ojo Road and Mile 2 route, they rose to become one of Nigeria’s best music duo and international stars to come out of Ajegunle.

Their hit ‘I Am a Danfo Driver, was chosen alongside 2baba’s ‘African Queen’ as the soundtracks in the Hollywood movie, Phat Girlz.

They then made history as the first Nigerian artistes to have their track used as a soundtrack in a Hollywood movie.

The duo later released a sophomore album titled “Danfo Travel: Success Story” in 2005.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/music/354579-veteran-musician-mad-melon-of-danfo-drivers-fame-is-dead.html

Re: Veteran Musician, ‘mad Melon’ Of ‘danfo Drivers’ Fame, Is Dead by chinchonglee(m): 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
Chai!! I so love his meaningless musics back den..

I thought he was a yoruba tho.

RIP baba. Nobody can escape death regardless of ur societal class or money.
Re: Veteran Musician, ‘mad Melon’ Of ‘danfo Drivers’ Fame, Is Dead by Flexherbal(m): 1:14pm On Sep 26, 2019
May God grant his family, groupmate (Mountain Black) well-wishers and friends the fortitude to bear the loss. May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace. Amen!

(1) (Reply)

Attansey Ft. Mbeatz - My Arche / 7 Simple Ways To Start Earning Real Money From Your Music / Covenant God By Charles Adeyinka Ft Omolayo Wale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.