Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! (13847 Views)

4 Typical Signs Of A Failing Radiator / Pay Attention To Your Car Radiator. How To Maintain The Radiator Properly / Don't Top-up Your Radiator With Water. Use Engine Coolant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by lanre2009: 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
good morning guys. pls i have an issue with my 2006 honda accord. the radiator is a single cell. It got cracked due to someones carelessness. I am being adviced to install a double cell type and direct the fan to always be on anytime i switch on the ignition. Is this advisable? Or should i just install a signal cell type and leave the fan the way it is.?

I also noticed that fuel consumption has increased on the car, pls what could be responsible for this?
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by ricki: 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hmmmm

RIP in advance Honda 2006.

8 Likes

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
I'll advice you to get a new double cell radiator as a matter of urgency.

Your car was not designed for tropical weather which is why the fans sometimes don't roll immediately even when the aircon is on. A broken radiator will only cause engine overheat which isn't good for engine lifespan.

My 2005 Honda dealt with me cos i was managing a radiator until i bought a new one.

13 Likes

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by dokyOloye: 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2019
lanre2009:
good morning guys. pls i have an issue with my 2006 honda accord. the radiator is a single cell. It got cracked due to someones carelessness. I am being adviced to install a double cell type and direct the fan to always be on anytime i switch on the ignition. Is this advisable? Or should i just install a signal cell type and leave the fan the way it is.?

I also noticed that fuel consumption has increased on the car, pls what could be responsible for this?
Don't do it bro.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by lanre2009: 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
is it advisable to redirect the fan to always be on once the ignition is switched on??

jidemoh:
I'll advice you to get a new double cell radiator as a matter of urgency.

Your car was not designed for tropical weather which is why the fans sometimes don't roll immediately even when the aircon is on. A broken radiator will only cause engine overheat which isn't good for engine lifespan.

My 2005 Honda dealt with me cos i was managing a radiator until i bought a new one.

1 Like

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2019
lanre2009:
is it advisable to redirect the fan to always be on once the ignition is switched on??

I did that with my car eventually because one fan coming on and going off at intervals was stil causing my engine to overheat. I'll advice you change the radiator first then observe for a period. If your engine overheats, then you can decide on running the fans direct.

As for the fuel consumption, change your air filter and get the injectors cleaned/flushed. Let your mechanic check if all the plugs are working perfectly because one dead plug puts strain on the engine and to keep up, it takes more fuel

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by lanre2009: 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
thanks a lot......

jidemoh:

I did that with my car eventually because one fan coming on and going off at intervals was stil causing my engine to overheat. I'll advice you change the radiator first then observe for a period. If your engine overheats, then you can decide on running the fans direct.

As for the fuel consumption, change your air filter and get the injectors cleaned/flushed. Let your mechanic check if all the plugs are working perfectly because one dead plug puts strain on the engine and to keep up, it takes more fuel
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by sacx: 11:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
lanre2009:

Beware of kazeems. Never bypass your car's thermostat.

Was your car overheating prior to this time?

18 Likes

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by lanre2009: 6:36am On Sep 27, 2019
I have been using the car for almost 3 years now and it has never overheat before...

Will you advice i get a single cell or double cell radiator? A used or new radiator?

Thanks for the assistance.

sacx:

Beware of kazeems. Never bypass your car's thermostat.

Was your car overheating prior to this time?
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by 9icetoo(m): 7:26am On Sep 27, 2019
lanre2009:
I have been using the car for almost 3 years now and it has never overheat before...

Will you advice i get a single cell or double cell radiator? A used or new radiator?

You've used the car for 3 years in factory state without issues, why do you now want to create issues.
Change the radiator to whatever cell you want. It's duty is just to take heat away.
Retain the fan and thermostat setup the way it is. Ensure you use the recommended coolant instead of water.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by lanre2009: 8:05am On Sep 27, 2019
Thanks for the help

9icetoo:

You've used the car for 3 years in factory state without issues, why do you now want to create issues.
Change the radiator to whatever cell you want. It's duty is just to take heat away.
Retain the fan and thermostat setup the way it is. Ensure you use the recommended coolant instead of water.
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by diportivo: 8:11am On Sep 27, 2019
9icetoo:

oga lanre

hug this advice very well

I wont talk about the comment above talking about ur car being designed for desert or Antarctica

all I know is,if u enter Florida sun for summer u will know Abuja sun is still learning work

so

I wonder if they run fan direct in Florida lipsrsealed

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 27, 2019
lanre2009:
thanks a lot......

Bad advice. Don't do it

4 Likes

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:38am On Sep 27, 2019
lanre2009:

let me decode what you said

the radiator got damaged by someone, right !! meaning before that it was working perfect

so why do you want to butcher the car when you know that all you need to do is change the damage radiator, you didnt have a double cell before and the single one was working fine before being damage

so why try to create a problem for yourself

when you know that you only need to replace the radiator, without any modification what so ever ?

22 Likes

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by sacx: 1:17pm On Sep 27, 2019
lanre2009:

See? If there is no problem, don't fix it! Your manufacturer was not foolish when they placed a single cell radiator in that car. There are countries as hot and even hotter that Nigeria where the car runs just fine, so don't be beguiled by what these kazeems tell you.

Provided your radiator is in top condition (no leaks), you are using the right coolant mix, and your thermostat works properly, you should experience no problem.

Get the OEM radiator for your car.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by ricki: 4:44pm On Sep 27, 2019
Abeg go scan the radiator grin
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Digipro: 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2019
Kool
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by stalwart123(m): 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2019
grin

GAZZUZZ

1 Like

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Ask4bigneyo(m): 5:42pm On Sep 27, 2019
This is serious
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by slawomir: 5:44pm On Sep 27, 2019
Okay
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Jaqenhghar: 5:44pm On Sep 27, 2019
Few cars are designed for Niggerian weather or ( what passes for ) Niggerian roads.
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by ednut1(m): 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2019
lanre2009:

the fans will spoil quicker. my mechanic is fond of doing that to mine. i always take it to a rewire to restore the factory setting. your batteries too willl get overworked

4 Likes

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Onyi90(m): 5:47pm On Sep 27, 2019
When I hear HONDA I japa

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by YorubaNinja: 5:49pm On Sep 27, 2019
grin
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Chuks9000: 5:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
I changed my radiator from single to double cell and removed the thermostat. It's been 5 years without any issue.
Obviously, you need to change the damaged radiator.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by ChrisHandsome999(m): 5:52pm On Sep 27, 2019
my brother honestly that's the most useless car in naija aswear
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by gbolio4(m): 5:52pm On Sep 27, 2019
Where's emperor Gazzuz?

His judgement is final in matters like this.
He's the 1-man Supreme Court on auto matters

2 Likes

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by captainking(m): 5:53pm On Sep 27, 2019
greenhulk:

Bad advice. Don't do it

Supported.. Lanre2009....dont take the first advice you got about bypassing the fan.. Don't do it.
Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by captainking(m): 5:54pm On Sep 27, 2019
9icetoo:

This is the advice you need lanre2009

1 Like

Re: Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! by Originalsly: 5:57pm On Sep 27, 2019
Bro.... I'm not a mechanic... and know little about cars... maybe less than you... but let's shut the experts and reason for a bit. The people who designed the car installed one cell radiator (I never knew they had one cell and two cell). They chose one cell instead of two cell... don't you think they had a reason?... Do you think they are foolish to have thermostat installed when they should've just run the fan direct?... don't you think they have a reason? You know the problem is the radiator... it got damaged... don't you think if it is replaced by a new similar one the car would operate as good as it was or more likely better? Replace the radiator as 9icetoo simply said ... replace the hoses at the same time....and...... use the correct coolant.... yes coolant... yes it is expensive..... and yes but water is free... the makers know that too... coolant...use coolant.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bmw Engines / The Evolution Of The Iconic USA Police Ford Car (video) / Help Pls: My Nissan Primera Car Consumes Fuel So Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.