Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules (20193 Views)

Crazy Work Schedules And Cleaning: My 12-month Coping Mechanism / Sweet Friendships Needed / 4 Tips To Maintain Friendships After School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by Writercruze: 3:31pm On Sep 26, 2019
True friendship is like a pure diamond, so rare to find. However, once you find one, never allow your busy schedules to allow your friendships fall by the wayside. In this article, you will learn how to maintain friendships.

Sadly, our jobs, families, spouses and other factors make us forget our friends so soon. These may be the people you spend some of the most quality times of your life with.

The truth is that at some point, we are all guilty of not being in touch with our friends. I am sorry to say this, some of us are fond of reaching out to our friends only when we need their assistance.

How To Maintain Friendships

1. Chat Them Up While Going To Work Especially in public transport

One of the tips on how to maintain friendships is to chat them up while going to work especially in public transport. That moment when you are in a public transport feeling bored is the best time to reach out to a friend.

You can either chat them up on social media, call them or preferably text them. This could be a good way of rekindling a friendship that has been dormant for a while.

#2. Share With Them Interesting Things Happening in Your life

A busy schedule may not really be a barrier to friendship. Just try to update your friends on the interesting things that have been happening in your life.

This could be via text message or chat on social media. Trust me, this is one of the easiest ways to maintain friendships.

#3. Remind Them Of Some Of The Memories You Share Together

Sometimes, reminding your friends about some of the interesting memories you share together can reignite the fire of friendship. According to experts, sharing a memory helps to solidify your common history.

#4. Follow Up When A Friend Is Going Through Hard times

Whenever your friend is going through hard times, try to be there for them. In fact, listen to their complain and encourage them through these trying periods.

From time to time, check on them to know if they are okay. This will definitely make them feel loved and they will reciprocate such love for sure. Trust me, follow up with a friend is one of the tips on how to maintain friendships.

#5. Try To Meet In Person Once In A While

One of the best ways to strengthen your friendship is to meet in person once in a while. Seeing each other after a long time can go a long way to reigniting the spirit of friendship.

Sometimes, we may never understand the value of true friendships unless you are in need of one. Although true friends aren’t common, if you find one, try to value them.

Even though you are very successful in life, you still need good friends. Do you know why? It’s because tomorrow is pregnant, no one knows what it will give birth to. But if you know how to maintain friendships, you will always have true friends irrespective of your busy schedule.

Source: https://www.naijalovetips.com/how-to-maintain-friendships-when-you-have-a-tight-schedules/

Cc
Lalasticlala

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by pharrell8(m): 5:16pm On Sep 26, 2019
Nice thread..

2 Likes

Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by youngsahito(m): 11:01pm On Sep 27, 2019
true talk
Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by VirginSearcher(m): 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2019
Only maintain a girlfriend who deeply loves u and dedicates her time for u angry

4 Likes

Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2019
Ok
Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 28, 2019
I hardly maintain friendship

7 Likes

Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by captianfreeman(m): 4:51pm On Sep 28, 2019
Good one
Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by yourbae(f): 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2019
Thanks for sharing. I miss my friends alot
Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by VillageHead: 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2019
So true
Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by Royalfurnitures: 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2019
Also exchange gifts when you can, little things count

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices

1 Like

Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by lyriclekidd(m): 4:54pm On Sep 28, 2019
Okay
Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by LegalOpinion: 4:56pm On Sep 28, 2019
The 4th point is when most friendships fail. Some friends are only there when the going is good. The moment you lose your job or start facing the stormy phase, they avoid you like plague.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by frankputer: 4:57pm On Sep 28, 2019
OP, you are On point.
Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by realstars: 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2019
Na to mind your business while being in good support to them.

1 Like

Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by Blisplendor12(f): 5:00pm On Sep 28, 2019
It's not really easy though, there are times when you have very tight schedule

3 Likes

Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by MrFuckallday: 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2019
While this is touching and all we’re all adults going about our day to day for the bread so I’d be damned if a nigga or a bitch I used to know starts counting these urging a for me. I’m always available online to talk when need be but nobody has time to do those 5 things you listed above unless they’re actually jobless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by DaddyGngeess(m): 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2019
Writercruze:
True friend is a pure diamond that's rare to find.

No true friend again self...
Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by Offpoint: 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2019
Thread for those with friends...
I'm married to the hustle.

4 Likes

Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by ReeLoaDead(m): 5:05pm On Sep 28, 2019
Positive & informative thread. Good job OP
Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by Udeude: 5:07pm On Sep 28, 2019
smiley
Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by midnighter(f): 5:09pm On Sep 28, 2019
Writercruze:
True friend is a pure diamond that's rare to find.

And easy to lose!
Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by Hedonisco: 5:09pm On Sep 28, 2019
Story.
Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 28, 2019
* tell them your problems and ask for financial support....
* Ask Dem to send you mtn credit for data reload ...
* Use constantly send your fine picture to them at will....
Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by pointstores(m): 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2019
Nawa
Re: How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules by jossypet(m): 5:25pm On Sep 28, 2019
Friendship with the Holy Spirit is so so sweet.
A trial will convince you.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians And Their Respective Way Of Thinking / Nathaniel Bassey Shares His Relationship Experience (so Educative) / Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.