Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Profiling Chief Ugochukwu Okeke (Enyioha),anambra Guber Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profiling Chief Ugochukwu Okeke (Enyioha),anambra Guber Aspirant (463 Views)

100 Achievers Extols Chief Ugochukwu Okeke(enyioha) @ 51 / Aregbeshola Becomes The Enyioha 1 Of Uzuakoli, Abia State. Picture. / Ugochukwu Okeke Declares To Run For Anambra State Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Profiling Chief Ugochukwu Okeke (Enyioha),anambra Guber Aspirant by polchurchboy(m): 6:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
Today we are Unto…
Chief Ugochukwu Okeke, known as Enyioha 1 of IHIALA.
He caught our attention after he declared interest to run during PDP STAKEHOLDERS meeting held in OKA, the State Capital..

Kindly note that the Team of POg stand against Zoning, to North, South, West or Central..
The reason is simple, it was Zoning that gave us the present Sorry and sorrowful predicament, but push that by the road side, the only way to contain most Bullies that wants to reduce Governance to Zone is disallowing the chances that will enable them manipulate, clips wings of more qualified and put asunder every Force or Power that would make right choices that will interest the entire populace…

That's why my Old Woman said "Na Ugwu muta Igbaji Ukwu, Nya bu agadi Nwanyi Amuta, arikata ezue Ike" (When a treacherous Hill start the act of causing Traction to Waist of an Old Woman, then the Old will learn how to rest at interval).
Political speaking, when Con men wants to play King of Con on the masses, the only decanter is to change the rules of engagement.
The only way to reduce the Tyranny of a Bully is to remove the Fence holding few people in a class where he walks around as King and Bully, give him a wider audience and he will get Soaked as ogbo ga eri ya, after all Nwata Ana Erika bu na etinyere ya na Nne ya (That a child is a ravenous eater , is while he eat with the Mother)… Moving on to the IHIALA BORN CHIEFTAIN..
Stalking him became a passion when he made a remark while addressing one of our Reports, he said and I quote
"I will rescue Anambra. I’m gunning for the no 1 seat because I don’t know it all and will work with the people that know it to make Anambra a self reliant economy that will bolster trust and confidence in our people!!
That’s my pledge �
Enyioha".. End of quote.

Now we wants to Profile him, discuss with him.. knowing that Somebody may have the courage to change the POTTY Mbadinuju nyalu Ndi be fa na iru (Cleanse the Dirt rubbed of his district) , we are pleased to present Enyioha as he meet with Pen of the gods..

Good Day Sir, can the Voters in Anambra who we represent meet you?

My name is Chief Ugochukwu Okeke (Enyioha) an indigene of Ihiala in Anambra South senatorial zone. I’m the Chairman of SMEC Consulting Engineers Ltd based in Abuja.

What makes you think you have what it takes to swim the Political Waters of Anambra state?

I’m not new to Anambra State politics and politics in general, and I have paid my dues having also aspired to this position in 2013 on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).

For me politics is about the people before anything else and I know I have the ability and capacity to connect with them. Politicking is not a do or die affair but it requires tenacity and purpose driven vision and this I have in abundance. Governance itself is about service to the people and anyone who knows me over the decades will attest to the fact that my life has always been about serving the people, this is actually what led to the chieftaincy title “Enyioha” (Friend of the people) bestowed on me years ago by an illustrious community in Igbo land.
Under which Political party do you want to Aspire for this?

I’m a chieftain of the People’s Democratic Party and I’ve been a vibrant and loyal member of the party of the years. I have worked assiduously for and with the party under various leaderships both at the National and State levels, I’m a true party man and have remained with the PDP despite the intrigues and factional wrangling that had unfortunately bedeviled the party over the years. I’m a bridge builder and a peace maker so I’ve consistently being on the reconciliation and harmonization train to ensure that this great party in unified and strategically positioned to meet its objectives.

Do you have the Financial Capacity or War Chest to square up Anambra election?

Having the financial muscle for an election should not be the focus of this interview nor is it a critical issue affecting the electorates in Anambra State, the real issues surrounding any candidacy should be whether the aspirant has the capacity to deliver good governance and take the state further in its development. I have the capacity to achieve my aspiration to be governor but most importantly I have the vision, drive and ability to move Anambra State forward and secure a progressive homeland for Ndigbo.

What do you think you can do to rectify the mistakes in Anambra including the Very Bad Roads Fallen Education, and too much Taxation and exploitation?

"Multiple taxation is a big problem in the state and small business owners and artisans are the most affected . Unifying and Digitalizing Tax Collection would minimize the interface between business people and tax agents. One of the big problems is that tax collection is usually outsourced to cronies of government and most times for settlement purposes. A vibrant and all inclusive tax net is essential to boost IGR of any state but more of collection must be modernized to meet acceptable standards. Government as well must show responsibility and transparency both in the collection of tax and its subsequent utilization. When the people know their government will use their tax judiciously to better their standard of living, they will in turn be willing to pay up their tax without rancor. It is also important to enlighten the citizenry on taxation laws and stipulated amounts payable should never be ambiguous and businesses should know their exact tax commitments each year.
Information flowing
It is the lack of information and transparency that gives room for abuse. One thing I will do as Governor is to make the budgetary process of the State Government very transparent and accountable to the people, a budget is a public document and one way to boost the confidence of the people in their government is to ensure that each year’s budget line is made public and also available online for scrutiny, also monthly statutory allocations would be made public so that the people will know what their state earns and what it spends.
Availability of this type of information helps citizens appreciate their stake as part of government and it is easier to identify and monitor project earmarked for their various LGAs. Government is not a secret cult and its affairs require a high degree of openness to the people.
Local Government
It will also be the purpose of my government to ensure that both the State Assembly and Local Government Commissions are strengthened to deliver on their constitutional mandates, Local Governments have a strong statutory role to play in the development of communities and we would pursue a vigorous framework to ensure that the people chose their leaders at the local level and hold them accountable for their allocation and strategic projects peculiar to each locality.
We will hold Local Government Elections and truly take power back to the people at the grassroots.

Roads
On the issue of bad roads in the state, as governor I will have to explore the possibility of embarking on strongly backed PPP arrangements to ensure adequate funding to build more standard roads and open up all communities around the state to further investment opportunity. Previous governments have done their bit but we must take the efforts a notch higher, with special focus on agrarian communities many of whom have difficult terrains and the network of bad roads have taken a toll on their livelihood, making it easier for agricultural produce to be moved from such communities to major markets where they are needed will help modify prices of food stuff and poultry products as well as ensure that our efforts to promote and support agriculture among our youths will be viable. Without the supporting infrastructure, agricultural revolution is a mere myth.

Education
Anambra State is one of the best states in the federation in terms of education so we will have to review what has been done and how we can improve on it. Statistically states in Nigeria spend an average of 8% of their budget allocation on Education more or less, we would have to explore innovative funding channels and collaborations for our education sector so we can further revamp it. Asides from giving a face lift to existing structures and creating a conducive learning environment for students and pupils to excel, we must take a critical look at a systemic process to ensure regular and impactful training of teachers and increase the capacity of the state to fund research. We must also look at collaborative interventions in the area of Digital Education in the state, our children should be empowered with 21st century skill sets that will help them tackle the challenges of the future head-on!"

Do you believe there will be Free and fair election both at Party level and the General election?
"Well, I want to believe that we have all learnt from the lessons of the past and will let that guide us to a more progressive and democratically inclined political and electoral process. Our political parties and the state will be better for it, and a level playing ground across board is the bed rock of true democracy. As a true democrat I’m optimistic that the right thing will be done."
Closing Up from Mkpisi Ndi Egede..
Thanks Readers, we are still on and going… Our mission is to correct the mistake and we can't replace a Mistake with another mistake and call it equity, we need a Redeemer and not Ekperima with Sweet Tongue and Magic Wand..
We will Profile any Candidate that worths his Onus in leadership or who may provide salvation and Hope for the state.
There are those who can be called "Ejirim Guzue" they will Run but the fear is that they Run at the Back of the Track and with Torch, so nobody waste time watching onye na AKPO Oga na express Road.

http://penofthegods.com/profiling-continues/

Re: Profiling Chief Ugochukwu Okeke (Enyioha),anambra Guber Aspirant by LUGBE: 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Gov.umahi Expresses Dissatisfaction With Road Contractors In Ebonyi State. / Colloquium Holds Tomorrow In Honour Of Nigerian Insurance Magnate. / Gov. Umahi Receives Awards, Gifts, After Delivering Lecture At UNN(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.