Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. (18820 Views)

Robbers Attack A Bank In Ikoyi, Lagos. 2 Feared Killed / Two FUOYE Students Killed, One Policeman Lynched During Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by dayo229: 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2019
A police officer has been confirmed dead and many persons wounded in a commercial bank robbery in Ise-Ekiti, the headquarters of Ise/Orun Local Government Area of the state today Thursday, September 26th.

Daredevil armed robbers stormed the bank around 2pm, shot sporadically into the air and forced their way into the banking hall with dynamite and carted away huge amount of money stacked in five ‘Ghana must go bag’

Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the state police command, DSP Caleb
Ikechukwu, said the police is on the trail of the robbers.

“I can confirm to you that a bank was robbed at Ise Ekiti this afternoon. And a policeman killed. The robbers broke the security door with Explosive Material, precisely dynamite. Our men are on their trail and we shall ensure that none of them escape. Members of the public should go about their normal duties and be rest assured that we are ready to protect their lives and property at all times,” Ikechukwu said

A similar robbery attack which happened in Ose local government in the state in April this year, led to the death of six persons.

Source:
https://www.denland.site/2019/09/one-policeman-confirmed-dead-as-robbers.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by ehirosplusbiz(m): 8:00pm On Sep 26, 2019
Oh my God

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by sarkice(m): 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2019
My instinct is tell me that it's first bank

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by shadrama(m): 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
RIP to the officer

3 Likes

Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by VirginSearcher(m): 6:34am On Sep 27, 2019
Ekiti, Kwara, Ondo and Osun states have now turned to there main target, nawa angry this is sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by ursullalinda(f): 6:34am On Sep 27, 2019
She left her family in the morning to her duty post with the hope of seeing them in the evening, and some evil being made that impossible. Tomm they will start visiting different prayer houses wandering what is wrong with them forgetting that karma is a bitch. RIP officer! God will surely deal with them

5 Likes

Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by trendymarseey(f): 6:35am On Sep 27, 2019
hmmmn
Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by helinues: 6:35am On Sep 27, 2019
Oh, we are already in EMBER months.. Going to bank now Na wahala.

Na only God fit save us for Nigeria cos our security departments are hopeless
Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by nony43(m): 6:35am On Sep 27, 2019
F
Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by Wickedfacts: 6:35am On Sep 27, 2019
sarkice:

They are the only ones in interior villages far from reach by law enforcement agents.
Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by WalkerMichael(m): 6:35am On Sep 27, 2019
Entrance was blowed with dynamite shocked these boys have gone faaaaaar mehnn! - RIP to the gallant police officer. May God console his family cry

7 Likes

Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by edlion57(m): 6:35am On Sep 27, 2019
First bank,with all this una heavy door
Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by Kiddinpoh(m): 6:35am On Sep 27, 2019
Tor...

Prey don cast hunter
Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by tonye33(m): 6:36am On Sep 27, 2019
So Nigerian police can die?
Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by 01mcfadden(m): 6:36am On Sep 27, 2019
They operated for up to 2 hours. My sister's work place is just by the bank, they had to lie down through out the robbery and she could hear their voices directly as they shouted at one another, shooting sporadically.
People came to plug phones in their shops before the robbery and the phones kept ringing continuously while the television was very loud.

They were just lucky that yesterday as the ringing tone could have attracted the thieves cos some of them were positioned outside the shop.
She was traumatized yesterday.

The MOPOL that was killed was a young man just transferred to Ise. He was shot in the head while trying to escape. It's obvious the uniform would have been seen as a threat the the idiots.
It's been long they came so people have been very careful around the bank.

There's no security in Nigeria. Everybody is just on his/her own.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by makeitijn: 6:36am On Sep 27, 2019
The Nigerian poorly equipped police force..

Where are your helicopters?
It shouldn't be about this? We should be watching a police chase on live TV.. with the robbers in full view, chased until their petrrol run out..

3 Likes

Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by StRichard(m): 6:36am On Sep 27, 2019
VirginSearcher:
Ekiti, Kwara and Osun states has now turned to there main target, nawa angry
you forgot Ondo state
Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by OrganicsHub(m): 6:37am On Sep 27, 2019
May God comfort the family.

This is why despite the bad eggs among them, we should appreciate our security agents for risking their lives daily for our safety.

May he RIP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by akejujoe(f): 6:37am On Sep 27, 2019
sarkice:
it's actually wema bank. That is my Town cry

2 Likes

Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by SeunStats(m): 6:37am On Sep 27, 2019
Any JOS BASED HERE, How much a single room apartment cost over there?
Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by BabaIbo: 6:38am On Sep 27, 2019
It is well
Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by CapitalHYC(m): 6:39am On Sep 27, 2019
StRichard:
you forgot Ondo state

Shut Up.. which your Ondo is that... See someone from. Borno state talking trash... when last did you hear that in my Ondo state
Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by Isoduwa(m): 6:39am On Sep 27, 2019
sarkice:

As your instincts dull na so you dull First bank Wey you don see before look like the building for the picture
Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by 3rdavefarms(m): 6:39am On Sep 27, 2019
topshotnista:
What is it with Bank robbery in ekiti... Are they powerful than the state? Haba

Animate your business today... Trust me, you'll be amazed by the results
grin

Meanwhile I humanate my buisness I no sell, now your are talking about animation, how will that help me grin

3 Likes

Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 27, 2019
Shithole
Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by BabaIbo: 6:40am On Sep 27, 2019
akejujoe:
it's actually wema bank. That is my Town cry
Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by A305: 6:40am On Sep 27, 2019
It's near December again when armer robbers goes rampage and wild. See my siggy below.
Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by obadesanre: 6:40am On Sep 27, 2019
What a failed nation, that is someone's father and possibly the bread winner of a community. Why has crime rate gone high in this country ? What are they using the security vote funds for ? These killings here and there unabated. GOD pls come to our nation's rescue

2 Likes

Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:41am On Sep 27, 2019
dayo229:
A police officer has been confirmed dead and many persons wounded in a commercial bank robbery in Ise-Ekiti, the headquarters of Ise/Orun Local Government Area of the state today Thursday, September 26th.

Daredevil armed robbers stormed the bank around 2pm, shot sporadically into the air and forced their way into the banking hall with dynamite and carted away huge amount of money stacked in five ‘Ghana must go bag’

Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the state police command, DSP Caleb
Ikechukwu, said the police is on the trail of the robbers.

“I can confirm to you that a bank was robbed at Ise Ekiti this afternoon. And a policeman killed. The robbers broke the security door with Explosive Material, precisely dynamite. Our men are on their trail and we shall ensure that none of them escape. Members of the public should go about their normal duties and be rest assured that we are ready to protect their lives and property at all times,” Ikechukwu said

A similar robbery attack which happened in Ose local government in the state in April this year, led to the death of six persons.

Source:
https://www.denland.site/2019/09/one-policeman-confirmed-dead-as-robbers.html

I hope Tunde is fine
Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 27, 2019
Shthole
Re: One Policeman Confirmed Dead As Robbers Attack A Bank In Ekiti State. by BabaIbo: 6:42am On Sep 27, 2019
Isoduwa:

As your instincts dull na so you dull First bank Wey you don see before look like the building for the picture

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Who Physically Abused 7-year-old Girl Jailed For Human Trafficking. Photo / Housewife Arrested For Kidnapping Herself For N5m Ransom / RRS Rescues Tanker Driver And His Assistants From Armed Robbers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.