Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,018 members, 7,799,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area (35780 Views)

How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? / How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area? / How Much Is A Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area? Oseni Rufai Asks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 27, 2019
Sunnycliff:

Am in Owerri. How do we go about this

Call me 07064378217
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by icankel: 5:18pm On Sep 27, 2019
amazon14:
Umunze Anambra state.

Anambra rice very tasty, stone free
Pls how bright is d rice. am interested
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 27, 2019
marostan:

With stone or Stone free?

Its local milling,there would be stone but not much. A customer from Abeokuta just got hers delivered two days ago and she attest there is stone but not much
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by icankel: 5:21pm On Sep 27, 2019
xtgozie:

Last month I bought 10,000 in Agulueri, and paid 200 Naira for stoning (100% stone & shaf free) 100 Naira for bagging

Total 10,300 Naira paid 500 transport to Port Harcourt....
am sure it will get to 16k before it gets to ur final destination
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by saintaustine(m): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2019
Help, to make this country great.
Patronize our local rice,
It is better, and more hygienic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by mechanics(m): 5:44pm On Sep 27, 2019
somehow:

And so what? you prefer parboil that most African countries don't even eat except shiteaters called Nigeria?
any problem with what I said.
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by nkwuocha1: 5:44pm On Sep 27, 2019
Goziechii:

ABUJA

I know you're in Abuja.What part of Abuja?
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by Goziechii(m): 5:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
nkwuocha1:

I know you're in Abuja.What part of Abuja?
Nyanya/Karu/Kurudu/orozo/karishi
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by TroubleMaker47(m): 6:12pm On Sep 27, 2019
DLuciano:
in PH?
Yes, 22k
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by Follybanty: 6:31pm On Sep 27, 2019
Ibadan 23k for rice as of today why local rice is 19k fail government
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by Legendguru: 6:43pm On Sep 27, 2019
All i know is paint is now 1850 in some areas and 1500 for nigeria rice I guess this is Bihari plan to make us eat small rice from his northern region st highly ridiculous high price
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by Segunia(m): 6:49pm On Sep 27, 2019
16,000 in Ebonyi state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by somehow: 6:53pm On Sep 27, 2019
Legendguru:
All i know is paint is now 1850 in some areas and 1500 for nigeria rice I guess this is Bihari plan to make us eat small rice from his northern region st highly ridiculous high price
See thinking! Na only northerners dey grow rice?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by akaahs(m): 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2019
[quote author=gabazin080 post=82596910] you don't mean it[/quote
Never mind him, is the one wit the husk
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by mechanics(m): 7:37pm On Sep 27, 2019
DaddyGngeess:

My brother, i just bought and drop it at home, na my wives duties to select am abeg, so far I have not seen any stone yet..
Wow, it's cheap o
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by krystnero(m): 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2019
udoka2013:
don't be surprise, it must be stone mixed type of rice.
I am a dealer at otukpo rice mill and I will tell you that a bag of rice–high grade, de-stoned and polished is #13000-#14000. I usually make supplies, especially to PH.
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by Madu100t(m): 8:33pm On Sep 27, 2019
Here in Abuja N21000
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by Amaureen: 8:33pm On Sep 27, 2019
[50kg.quote author=Chukazu post=82618457]

What size?[/quote]
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by Amaureen: 8:34pm On Sep 27, 2019
[50kg

What size?[/quote]
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by deavicky(m): 8:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
somehow:
How did you arrive at this baseless statement?

People went for it then because there was no local alternative and are now used to anything foreign.

its an habit that will take time to die.
pure lie. I grew up in the era when u must be rich for u to can afford foreign Rice, then the only available of its kind was called "uncle best" the price difference was like 1:2 so people would prefer to go for local. It got to a point the price of the local became close to that of the foreign one and also contains lots of stone so people against all odd start buying the foreign Rice. That was how our local rice began to phase out.
I ask a simple question if our local rice is better in price and quality why would people prefer the foreign one to it.
A good product shows it self even without advert.

Do you also know the name we call local rice then. I guess no. It was call "OH God" anytime u are eating that rice and bit stone, the first thing u shout is OH God that was how bad it was.
Now take a look of the price of rice, i use my base (PH)as a case study. A bag of foreign rice was 12500 as soon as they stop the importation of foreign rice the price of the local one available became 16000. Shouldn't the local one be less expensive for the fact that it is been produce locally.
FG knows that local production of rice is not enough to go round she closed border.
How may farm those FG that claims to promote agriculture have in this country. What is the strategy FG put in place to control the price. Nothing.
Please do not get me wrong, i do not deal on rice i don't even consume much of it but i just feel the right step u be followed in this case.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by amazon14: 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2019
icankel:
Pls how bright is d rice. am interested

Very bright.

Sorry I replied late, work thing you know.
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by K2MOMOS(m): 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2019
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by somehow: 9:29pm On Sep 27, 2019
deavicky:
pure lie. I grew up in the era when u must be rich for u to can afford foreign Rice, then the only available of its kind was called "uncle best" the price difference was like 1:2 so people would prefer to go for local. It got to a point the price of the local became close to that of the foreign one and also contains lots of stone so people against all odd start buying the foreign Rice. That was how our local rice began to phase out.
I ask a simple question if our local rice is better in price and quality why would people prefer the foreign one to it.

Do you also know the name we call local rice then. I guess no. It was call "OH God" anytime u are eating that rice and bit stone, the first thing u shout is OH God that was how bad it was.
Now take a look of the price of rice, i use my base (PH)as a case study. A bag of foreign rice was 12500 as soon as they stop the importation of foreign rice the price of the local one available became 16000. Shouldn't the local one be less expensive for the fact that it is been produce locally.
FG knows that local production of rice is not enough to go round she closed border.
How may farm those FG that claims to promote agriculture have in this country. What is the strategy FG put in place to control the price. Nothing.
Please do not get me wrong, i do not deal on rice i don't even consume much of it but i just feel the right step u be followed in this case.
. I don't understand you. Are you saying Nigeria had local rice producers before and that we were consuming local rice and not foreign ones until of recent?

If yes, name just 5 local rice companies of then, let's verify.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by fatiuabdul: 9:43pm On Sep 27, 2019
24 thousand Maura in ilorin at 5pm today 27/09/2019.
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by gabazin080(m): 9:57pm On Sep 27, 2019
jackie35:

30kg
I really need it. what's your location
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by royalair(m): 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2019
gabazin080:
where is your location
owerri imostate
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by GavelSlam: 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2019
deavicky:

And the right step is to allow you to continue to dump 12 years old rice on the nation whilst we are figuring out how to improve local production.

Clap for yourself.
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by deavicky(m): 10:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
somehow:
. I don't understand you. Are you saying Nigerians had local rice producers before and that we were consuming local rice and not foreign ones until of recent?

If yes, name just 5 local rice companies of then, let's verify.
if u don't know this,then no need to be here.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by Okundaye4(m): 11:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
decrownprince:
Foreign Cap Rice 50kg
Jos, Plateau State = #16,500
Gombe = #16,000
Bauchi #16,000
Yola, Adamawa State = #15,000
Maiha LGA, Adamawa State (my present location) = #11,500
Drop your contact for inquiries pls.
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by Ikpongiton: 12:11am On Sep 28, 2019
you want open restaurant?
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by Ikpongiton: 12:16am On Sep 28, 2019
DaddyGngeess:

My brother, i just bought and drop it at home, na my wives duties to select am abeg, so far I have not seen any stone yet..
so na you de go market?stingy man!
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area by somehow: 12:36am On Sep 28, 2019
You still didn't name 5 companies producing local rice in large quantities that Nigerians were buying before the advent of foreign rice.
deavicky:
if u don't know this,then no need to be here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Don't Buy Rice: I Process The Rice That I Eat by myself (pictures/video) / Fried Plantain (Dodo) Or PuffPuff? (Photo) / 2 Men Eat From A Pot In Bayelsa State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.