Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? (36781 Views)

Metaprim Drug Serves What Purpose Please? / Common Causes Of Belly Button Pain / Things You Should Know The Belly Button (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by johnjay4u2u(m): 2:38pm On Oct 05, 2019
ok
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 05, 2019
yomi007k:

HumblySearching for?
A baby and its father. Package deal

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by Christophorus(m): 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2019
It's the human common sense reset button.

Just one punch sends it into full activation mode.
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by paix(m): 2:40pm On Oct 05, 2019
It indicates that you are human, and not an alien.
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by seunmohmoh(f): 2:40pm On Oct 05, 2019
Interesting. I have innie and I love it.
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by Itzteewhy(m): 2:41pm On Oct 05, 2019
Nice enlightenment!!!
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by nowpresence(f): 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
It serves as a connection between the child and the mother as when the child is still in the mother's womb, where food, oxygen and other nutritional value which the child needs for growth and development passes through.

Once the baby is out of the mother's womb it serves no other purpose.

It's just like a scar.

1 Like

Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by paito: 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
Secret tool in the hand of God and devil
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by faithfull18(f): 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
HumblySearching:
A baby and its father. Package deal
Lol.
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by Darkseid(m): 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2019
PotatoSalad:
It's used for booting to recovery mode.
Press it for a few seconds to boot to recovery, then you can flash your custom roms
angry
Guy you bad grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by Hylla05: 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2019
Win upto #500,000 in this free contest! Click this link now https://refer.ng/photo-challenge-voting/Hylla05/vote-this
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by engrkaz(m): 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2019
Yoruba bo, won ni idodo ni idaji ara!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by starbuck(f): 2:48pm On Oct 05, 2019
I don't know for others, but I still press my belly button at this age.... It makes me forget my worries grin grin grin hunger et al, the feelings is out of the world

4 Likes

Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by Dpharisee: 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2019
kenzysmith:
God punish tottheham 4 me he no go better 4 them this season

Have they turned your ticket to Kastina state grin
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by quickly: 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
classicalbenson:
While your eyelashes are protecting your eyes, your lungs are letting you breathe, and virtually every other part of your body—inside and out—is performing its own relatively well-known task, your belly button is just sitting there collecting lint. And while it’s true that your navel served its most important purpose before you were born, it’s not totally useless now back when you were a fetus, your belly button was more of a belly portal: Your umbilical cord extended from it and connected you to the placenta on your mother’s uterine wall. That way, the placenta could channel nutrients and oxygen to you through the cord, and you could send back waste.

Your umbilical cord was cut when you were born, creating a tiny bulge that left behind some scar tissue after it healed. That scar tissue is your belly button, navel, or umbilicus. Though you may have heard that the shape of your belly button is a direct result of the scissor skills of the doctor who delivered you, that’s not true. Dr. Dan Polk, a neonatologist in the Chicago area, told the Chicago Tribune that a belly button's shape “has to do with how much baby skin leads onto the umbilical cord from the baby’s body. Less skin makes an innie; more skin makes an outie.” About 90 percent of people have innies.

Regardless of how your belly button looks, you probably don’t use it on a daily basis. However, if you’ve studied anatomy, medicine, or a related field, you might recognize it as the central point by which the abdomen is divided into the following quadrants: right upper, left upper, right lower, and left lower. Another way of classifying that area is into nine regions—including the hypochondriac, lumbar, iliac, epigastric, and hypogastric regions—with the umbilical region at the very center.

Your belly button can also serve as the opening for laparoscopic surgery, which can save you from having a scar elsewhere on your abdomen.
The navel is a great central landmark outside of medicine, too. If you’ve taken yoga or Pilates classes, you may have heard it referred to as the center of balance or center of gravity. Because it sits right on top of your abdominal muscles, your belly button is an easy marker for your instructor to mention when they want you to access your core, which helps you balance.

Any woman who has given birth can easily answer this
When a baby is in a mothers stomach there is an umbilical cord which is how the baby gets food to survive from embryo to baby.

After the baby is born they cut the umbilical cord and the hole closes up and becomes ur belly bottom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
Nice
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by lizdammy: 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2019
shamecurls:
Its for licking-up during sex

It indicates where to start licking from (Upwards or Downwards)

A serving plate also as that's the only place that can hold content when lying flat. You can pour icecream or anything there and lick up to any destination.
You eh!
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2019
It is called pumpooo.....lol
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by DameB(f): 2:59pm On Oct 05, 2019
My pompoo is an innie
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by Starboytwo(m): 3:00pm On Oct 05, 2019
G
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by lollybizzu(m): 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2019
kenzysmith:
God punish tottheham 4 me he no go better 4 them this season
grin

Ticket Don cut cry

Fvck up tottheham
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by naijadrivablog: 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2019
dominique:
My daughter asked me this exact question yesterday and like any mum without answers, I told her to stop disturbing me cool

The answer would have confused the he'll out of her, she'll figure it out as she grows older

You mean this dominique jnr? tongue

To the topic: Umbilical cord is also a channel to a child's destiny. You may have heard stories of how people's lives was tampered with at birth by evil uncles, aunties or even the nurses in hospitals who sell it to ritualists.

Ensure to Collect it immediately a child ia born and bury it. For those that a deeply rooted in the bible, you can keep it seven days in an altar in a church. It should be in glass container filled with anointing oil and prayed with for seven days (for the child) and on the naming ceremony (7th day), it is burnt and its ash thrown away (this is the father's work).

2 Shares

Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by tintingz(m): 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2019
What's men nipples for?
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by adecz: 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2019
grin grin
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by DameB(f): 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2019
breathcutter:
It's a reset button... Like now when you eat and don't like what you ate, press it once then you'll vomit everything you've eaten but most people don't like to vomit so they don't use, that's why it looks as if the thing is just there for fancy....
Nothing wey person nor go hear from una o... So it's vomit button?
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by anochuko01(m): 3:06pm On Oct 05, 2019
dominique:
My daughter asked me this exact question yesterday and like any mum without answers, I told her to stop disturbing me cool

The answer would have confused the he'll out of her, she'll figure it out as she grows older
How old is she? You could have done a personal research and then explain to her, even show her videos on YouTube. From there you'll both learn, and you don't know how much help that would do to her intelligence.
It's not too late!

2 Likes

Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 05, 2019
I used to have the feeling that the abdomen is the secretion center of the saliva.the abdomen is the part of the female anatomy I hate the most and find it hard to kiss a girl if I am disgusted seeing her abdomen.
It's sounds weird but I still feel that way about ladies,maybe becus I do see a lot of girls exposing their abdomen.
If I see ur abdomen first before we begin play and I no like am,I no go kiss you o lailai

1 Like

Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 05, 2019
tintingz:
What's men nipples for?

Incase you became a girl... You know the foetus is female first then it takes on the male features when it's time... In non scientific terms grin

1 Like

Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by Demor1: 3:09pm On Oct 05, 2019
It's the connection cord between the 'preggy' and the foetus thereby serving as the tube for tapping breath, digestives to mention few for it's survival from the carrier. After delivery the button is just a significance of human that has passed through a mother's tunnel.
Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by izicooo(f): 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2019
It's a vestige organ, it doesn't really have any function after birth. Surgery can be done on the bulgy (swollen) ones to push it in.

1 Like

Re: What Purpose Does The Belly Button Serve? by naijalodge(m): 3:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
It’s the scar left from the surgical removal of the umbilical cord, the umbilical code is a long tissue extending from the mother’s placental to the child during the developmental stage of the child in the mother’s womb, it helps to carry Oxygen, nutrients and other elements such as antibodies (immunoglobulin g) to the child and they become vestigial after birth(little or no use). chai after 5 years of graduation without job, just tot I should see if the brain is still working

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Newly Married Artisan Burns Self, Blames Abusive Wife / Wale Akinlotan: Police Officer Slumps, Dies In Lagos Days After Suspect’s Bite / Can Ampicillin Capsule Dry And Heal An Open Scar? (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.