Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused (1635 Views)

I Am Confused As A Father And As Husband / Man And His Friends Storm Pastor's House, Demand For The Car His Wife Gave Him / Man Storms His Ex-wife’s House To Retrieve The Car He Bought Her(Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by lecoeur(m): 10:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hello everyone I created a different account for this particular topic...
Pls pardon any incorrect articulation....
I feel there a lot of matured people on family thread that's why am posting it here

Lately I have been trying to deliberate on this matter, but the fact that am still young (17 this year) makes me feel I shouldn't make this decision all by myself...

Anyway it all started back in 2016. After 5 years we came to Nigeria, my dad had a lil problem financially so his brother in-law he helped (when he was still doing well), bought him a clean small vehicle (Nissan almera) brand new which he was using for his business activities...

The car started giving problems in the year 2017.
Then he took it to his mechanic friend to fix, probably after like 1 month the vehicle was still with the mechanic. So on one good day my dad called the mechanic guy to come see him....

To cut the long story short he dashed him.....

Later on my dad he called the mechanic to request for the vehicle. The mechanic returned it all fixed up without requesting for a dime...

My dad used the vehicle for some time again, during that period His friend a MAN OF GOD told him his in-law is using it against him spiritually, my dad never thought twice he gave it back to his mechanic friend immediately.

That same 2017 my dad fell ill (partial stroke)....
I was with my uncle then...
My mom sold some our properties and we also recieved some aids from family and friends were able to get him out of hospital...
The stroke affected part of his brain....

Late 2018 I went to see him, and most of the time I talked with him he always talks about his vehicle.....

Actually since the mechanic took the vehicle he totally forgot about my dad....
My mom also disturbs him to bring the vehicle back but he said with a sum of 100k he will bring it back....

As the first son.... I decided to start hustling, I was thinking of a best way to start up as a lad... Then luckily a friend placed a bet for me and i got 63k instantly, I invested it in a lil biz in school (I got admission 2018) and it blossomed coupled with my French tutorials......from here i made lots of cash enough to even pay for the vehicle and still have much remains...

So I came up with the question on the title�.
Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by Swegzfreak: 11:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
VOODOO is real bro... keep your head... forget about that vehicle and face your life

2 Likes

Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by CanadianNaija: 11:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
lecoeur:
Hello everyone I created a different account for this particular topic...
Pls pardon any incorrect articulation....
I feel there a lot of matured people on family thread that's why am posting it here

Lately I have been trying to deliberate on this matter, but the fact that am still young (17 this year) makes me feel I shouldn't make this decision all by myself...

Anyway it all started back in 2016. After 5 years we landed the shores of Nigeria my dad had a lil problem financially so his brother in-law he helped (when he was still doing well) bought him a clean small vehicle (Nissan almera) brand new which he was using for his business activities...

The car started giving problems in the year 2017.
Then he took it to his mechanic friend to fix, probably after like 1 month the vehicle was still with the mechanic. So on one good day my dad called the mechanic guy to come see him....

To cut the long story short he dashed him..... I witnessed it
I was out of secondary school that time was at home......

Later on after series of down falls on the part of my dad he called the mechanic to request for the vehicle. It went on, the mechanic returned it all fixed up without requesting for a dime...

My dad used the vehicle for some time again, during that period His friend a MAN OF GOD as he would say.
The man of God told him to return the vehicle that his in-law is using it against him spiritually, my dad never thought twice he gave it back to his mechanic friend immediately my mom went out (she was never in support of it).....

That same 2017 my dad fell ill (partial stroke)....
I was with my uncle then...
My mom sold some our properties and we also recieved some aids from family and friends were able to get him out of hospital...
The stroke affected part of his brain....

Late 2018 I went to see him, and most of the time I talked with him he always talks about his vehicle.....

Actually since the mechanic took the vehicle he totally forgot about my dad....
My mom also disturbs him to bring the vehicle back but he said with a sum of 100k he will bring it back....

As the first son.... The zeal to hustle came to me..... I was thinking of a best way to start up as a lad... Then a friend placed a bet for me which was my first time and i got 63k instantly, I invested it in a lil biz in school (I got admission 2018) and it blossomed coupled with my French tutorials......from here i made lots of cash enough to even pay for the vehicle and still have much remains...

So I came up with the question on the title of my topic�.
I honestly don't understand the head or tail of your story.

3 Likes

Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by Nobody: 2:34am On Sep 27, 2019
@Op you need to work on your writing skills, you are still young so I believe you still have the chance to improve.
I'd suggest you read sites like Dailymail.com or cnn for about 1 hour everyday so you can understand the art of articulation.

Having said that, I am not sure if the jazz story is true, yeah I know there is jazz.

I'd suggest you talk to your mom about this and thread carefully with wisdom. You are a young man with so much in front of you, you dont want to get yourself into some things .

I wish you all the best.
Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by lecoeur(m): 7:31am On Sep 27, 2019
CanadianNaija:

please how?

1 Like

Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by lecoeur(m): 7:32am On Sep 27, 2019
calgaryFriend:
@Op you need to work on your writing skills, you are still young so I believe you still have the chance to improve.
I'd suggest you read sites like Dailymail.com or cnn for about 1 hour everyday so you can understand the art of articulation.

Having said that, I am not sure if the jazz story is true, yeah I know there is jazz.

I'd suggest you talk to your mom about this and thread carefully with wisdom. You are a young man with so much in front of you, you dont want to get yourself into some things .

I wish you all the best.

but I did not mention anything about jazz

1 Like

Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 27, 2019
lecoeur:

but I did not mention anything about jazz

lecoeur:
My dad used the vehicle for some time again, during that period His friend a MAN OF GOD as he would say.
The man of God told him to return the vehicle that his in-law is using it against him spiritually, my dad never thought twice he gave it back to his mechanic friend immediately my mom went out (she was never in support of it).....
Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by chii8(f): 9:55am On Sep 27, 2019
Forget about the vehicle for now and face your studies,you've a lot of responsibility ahead of you.

2 Likes

Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2019
CanadianNaija:

The post is not for people that can't comprehend

3 Likes

Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by SKhanmi: 9:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
Forget about the vehicle. Better to hustle to buy yours, The so called seer may be true or not,but fact is that thing is possible, One dude I knew who had this kind of situation sold the car for 30k last last,car wey nothing do
Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by sisisioge: 10:25pm On Sep 27, 2019
Pls forget about the car.
Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by Nobody: 1:10am On Sep 28, 2019
No.

You don't know if the man of God was onto something or what led him to say what he said.

Let the car go.
Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by bjbjbj: 4:19am On Sep 28, 2019
If I where you I will not go close to the car. And stop your gambling habit and do something good with your life
Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by lecoeur(m): 7:09am On Sep 28, 2019
bjbjbj:
If I where you I will not go close to the car. And stop your gambling habit and do something good with your life

but that was my first and last time....

I don't gamble....
I hustle neat

2 Likes

Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by HappyCreative(f): 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2019
Why don't you just buy a different car if it is that important to have one? If I had a year old car that developed problems, I'd be getting my money back ASAP.

Also who will be driving the car if your Dad has had a stroke which has affected his brain?
Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by Abcruz(m): 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2019
Your progress in life does not depend on that car. Forget about it and forge ahead in due time you can always have one.
Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by frozen70(f): 6:43pm On Sep 29, 2019
You guys should sell the vehicle and give mechanic his money if any and take the rest

Some gifts are meant to suck you
Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by Richy4(m): 7:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
Just thinking aloud.. Assuming it was a landed properties,and it was in the hands of your dad's friend would you have left it?

Even if the "man of God" prophesy that land is not good, that there is a big poison buried in that land, .. Would you have agreed to abandon the land because he said so?

The car belongs to your dad. As a member of the family u have the right to retrieve it if u want..

Everyone must die someday..A life that is full of fear is not a way to live. Having said that , it doesn't mean that u should throw caution to the wind.. In my opinion If u have the money, get your properties back and ask your mother what she thinks u should do with it.

1 Like

Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by ireneidiva(f): 6:51am On Sep 30, 2019
Richy4:
Just thinking aloud.. Assuming it was a landed properties,and it was in the hands of your dad's friend would you have left it?

Even if the "man of God" prophesy that land is not good, that there is a big poison buried in that land, .. Would you have agreed to abandon the land because he said so?

The car belongs to your dad. As a member of the family u have the right to retrieve it if u want..

Everyone must die someday..A life that is full of fear is not a way to live. Having said that , it doesn't mean that u should throw caution to the wind.. In my opinion If u have the money, get your properties back and ask your mother what she thinks u should do with it.
Are you sure you read the story? His father gave out the car twice to the same person. So why should he collect it back?

1 Like

Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by ireneidiva(f): 6:52am On Sep 30, 2019
lecoeur:

but that was my first and last time....
I don't gamble.... I hustle neat
Forget about the car abeg

1 Like

Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by Richy4(m): 7:32am On Sep 30, 2019
ireneidiva:

Are you sure you read the story? His father gave out the car twice to the same person. So why should he collect it back?

Trust me I read it perfectly.. Based on that story, Have you considered the reason why the father deemed it necessary to get the car back after the so called first time dash? . Why do u think on his sick bed he's still thinking and mumbling about the car?

How many individuals in their right mind would give out a property like an only functioning car in the family to another when they got none to supplement it, especially when it was used in running day today business..

I still maintain that if the car is special to the Dad, and he ignorantly gave it away due to brain washing; OP should tell the mechanic family friend the circumstances surrounding the car, how special it was for his old man, pay whatever the man said was the costs of fixing it and get it back FULL STOP

1 Like

Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by lecoeur(m): 9:35pm On Sep 30, 2019
Richy4:

Trust me I read it perfectly.. Based on that story, Have you considered the reason why the father deemed it necessary to get the car back after the so called first time dash? . Why do u think on his sick bed he's still thinking and mumbling about the car?

How many individuals in their right mind would give out a property like an only functioning car in the family to another when they got none to supplement it, especially when it was used in running day today business..

I still maintain that if the car is special to the Dad, and he ignorantly gave it away due to brain washing; OP should tell the mechanic family friend the circumstances surrounding the car, how special it was for his old man, pay whatever the man said was the costs of fixing it and get it back FULL STOP

I considered taking the car back due to two reason being that..

my mom could be using it to transport themselves around. moving around public transport with a stroke patient is not easy at all...

second reason being that they could just employ someone to be using it as a taxi.. thereby creating little income for themselves...
Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by lecoeur(m): 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
need more opinions
Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by cococandy(f): 5:33am On Nov 26, 2019
If your father wants it back, try to get it back.

There’s nothing like juju or jazz.

However I acknowledge that it would be awkward.

Also how well would the car be functioning at this point? Those are things you need to consider before getting it back. So that you don’t end up having to keep fixing it.

1 Like

Re: Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused by cococandy(f): 5:38am On Nov 26, 2019
So, your fathers in-law gave him a car and the next thing is for your fathers man-of-God friend to tell him the in-law is using the car against?

Let these men of God learn to fear God o.

Since the car was given away by your dad, has his fortune improved? And even if it has, who’s to say it’s related to the car?
Weren’t you guys already having a hard time before the in-law stepped in to graciously give your family the car?
Who was responsible for all that initial hardship?

Honestly it sucks to help extended family sometimes.
No wonder some folks just stay away to avoid stories.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple / Precious Family Memories, Quirks -- Share Here! / For Those Getting Married Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.