Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,937 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office (27458 Views)

Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger / Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" / Julius Berger Installs Live Camera On The 2nd Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Juventus4life: 7:20am On Sep 27, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Don't let your hate for Buhari and APC rob you of the ability to appreciate good things.

If it were an inexistent project, your fathers won't be begging to carry headpan.
Finishing from a complete striker who scored from both legs

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by SoNature(m): 7:21am On Sep 27, 2019
Firstcitizen:
This is how they frustrate projects that are meant to help them just because of peanuts they will get from the contractors.

It's only in Nigeria you try to help someone and the person starts to cheat you in the process of helping him. Them do the country.

Leadership is not Nigeria's problem but the people

I am afraid this is false.

Nigerian leaders collaborated with their people to ruin the country
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Wickedfacts: 7:21am On Sep 27, 2019
Aurielfinizu:

Big hungry fool.. pple like ddnt even afford pass in school... That's why anything jibril does sweet u..

Trust me your family are dying in hunger

Bro, I'm not making mouth, in my few years spent on this life, I have made more money than your father.

The amount of money I use to buy diesel in my gen in the office monthly is more than your mothers dowry.

If you eat what my dogs eat, your brain would function properly and stop typing nonsense like the one in bold.

Bros, forget story. If you doubt me, send me a PM let's meet offline. Let me show you life, not the one your father is fighting in Onitsha to be allowed to carry headpan.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by SoNature(m): 7:23am On Sep 27, 2019
Anambralstson:
Silly propaganda, I passed their site on Wednesday and they were fully working

Oga, read the article again.

This time, do it slowly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by toprealman: 7:25am On Sep 27, 2019
Clearly the man is a professional to the core. He doesn't compromise one bit. He flows with competent workers not the mediocres the community people try to force on him.
This sums up the major problem hindering our growth as a nation.
JB can only reading him to another project. People like him are being sought after by developed societies.....but no, not here.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Firstcitizen: 7:32am On Sep 27, 2019
Etogist:

Sometimes I wonder how people reason. If I may ask who is helping who here? If you don't know what to say is better you keep silent.

Oh the local communities are the one helping the contractors or what point is your myopic reasoning pushing you to make?

No wonder development is slow in Africa inspite of huge resources.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by SoNature(m): 7:33am On Sep 27, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Is Ikpeazu paying you salaries now, the billions he collected as bailout, how many litres of kerosene did he use it to buy?

See, that is a FG project site that would benefit the entire SE. Obiano better calls these idiots to order so that their community-wide foolishness doesn't impede the project.

This nonsense can't happen in Ebonyi under Umahi. That's why they have projects there in Ebonyi while you are busy telling old wives fables online.

Keep quiet, mister.
Don't be in your cesspit and say what happens where.
People study Dispute Resolution in school for a reason.
Why would a company go into an agreement they cannot honor?
Anyways, I trust the government to intervene asap
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 27, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Bro, I'm not making mouth, in my few years spent on this life, I have made more money than your father.

The amount of money I use to buy diesel in my gen in the office monthly is more than your mothers dowry.

If you eat what my dogs eat, your brain would function properly and stop typing nonsense like the one in bold.

Bros, forget story. If you doubt me, send me a PM let's meet offline. Let me show you life, not the one your father is fighting in Onitsha to be all

owed to carry headpan.

Am so happy for you..

Pple like God will show example.. teach you humility and how to treat others no matter what you think u got in life.

God will show u soon..

That your diesel and office can disappear anytime..
And u forget God gives life abi?

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Wickedfacts: 7:40am On Sep 27, 2019
Aurielfinizu:

Am so happy for you..

Pple like God will show example.. teach you humility and how to treat others no matter what you think u got in life.

God will show u soon..

Now you know?
Good to see that I've put the fear of God in you.

You insulted me and said my family is poor. You called me a hungry fool. I put you in your place and showed you that you're a nonentity, you're now crying about.

God gives lives, same as yours.
Whatever you have can be taken from you at any time.
If you keep on like this, you would never meet helpers to help your destiny.

So, shut up your dirty mouth and never you insult others. Those you insult may be far better than you can ever be.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by GavelSlam: 7:40am On Sep 27, 2019
Aurielfinizu:

[s]Am so happy for you..

God will show u soon..

And u forget God gives life abi?[/s]

Because he's not a poor man abi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Wickedfacts: 7:44am On Sep 27, 2019
GavelSlam:

The guy insulted me and I put him in his place. Now he's trying to look like the victim.

He's even lucky I am in a good mood this morning. What I would have told him, he would have been fighting for Sniper to drink.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by GavelSlam: 7:47am On Sep 27, 2019
Wickedfacts:

The guy insulted me and I put him in his place. Now he's trying to look like the victim.

He's even lucky I am in a good mood this morning. What I would have told him, he would have been fighting for Sniper to drink.

It's their usual pattern on this forum.

They throw insults, when you prove them wrong, they involve one deity or the other to fight for them.

grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by GreenArrow1(m): 7:48am On Sep 27, 2019
Aurielfinizu:

Am so happy for you..

God will show u soon..

Oh! You've gone philosophical?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Wickedfacts: 7:48am On Sep 27, 2019
GavelSlam:

It's their usual pattern on this forum.

They throw insults, when you prove them wrong, they involve one deity or the other to fight for them.

grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 27, 2019
GavelSlam:

Cos he uses it against the poor..

If her dad carries headpan to feed his family is better than stealing or kidnap
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by zikter(m): 7:49am On Sep 27, 2019
cjudy:

Did you hear from the host community? What's their position? Just to be supplying stones, sands and others yet the white men are bringing partiality into it. It's unfair bro, we should learn to also raise ourselves above this people, they only have white skin doesn't mean blacks are useless. I hate them with passion because of their pride
Is also good to hear from the company before judging. You may be surprised if they state their position.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by femolii: 7:53am On Sep 27, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Don't let your hate for Buhari and APC rob you of the ability to appreciate good things.

If it were an inexistent project, your fathers won't be begging to carry headpan.
Hmmm you really finish him God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by GavelSlam: 7:53am On Sep 27, 2019
Aurielfinizu:

That headpan statement dey pain abi?

grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by maasoap(m): 7:59am On Sep 27, 2019
VirginSearcher:
Non-existent project.. APC and propaganda angry

Fish brain, is this all you could deduce from the report?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by zikter(m): 8:00am On Sep 27, 2019
cjudy:

If you have worked with white people, you will know what am saying. They don't value and we also should learn not to value them. They look at us like we are animals. I stand by the truth, they signed MOU with those parties, if they can't obey them simple, let them stop them the work. They can't continue looking down on us everytime because we are blacks
Calm down and let us also hear from them. A MOU surely has terms and conditions. If such are violated, then it becomes invalid. E.g you are constructing a road in my village and we have a MOU stating that you will employ 50% of the locals to work. If these people have intolerable disciplinary issues and I sack them, you can't hold on the MOU. bottom line is that don't swallow whole what these people are saying. It could well be because of their selfish interests especially considering how corrupt we are in this Country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by GreenArrow1(m): 8:03am On Sep 27, 2019
zikter:
Calm down and let us also hear from them. A MOU surely has terms and conditions. If such are violated, then it becomes invalid. E.g you are constructing a road in my village and we have a MOU stating that you will employ 50% of the locals to work. If these people have intolerable disciplinary issues and I sack them, you can't hold on the MOU. bottom line is that don't swallow whole what these people are saying. It could well be because of their selfish interests especially considering how corrupt we are in this Country.
Exactly!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by bluke(m): 8:03am On Sep 27, 2019
hakeem4:

well, i have noticed something about the Aryan race ( germans and austrians), they have this superiority complex that their race is the most superior race on the surface of planet earth. Probably that is why they transferred their colonies to other countries.

i believe their superiority mentality is what is making them a great nation

they lost their colonies cos they were defeated in the 2 world wars
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by maasoap(m): 8:08am On Sep 27, 2019
9jayes:
2nd niger bridge is a scam

Don't disgrace yourself here my friend. We've passed that phase, even Ogoni oil spillage cleaning up exercise has passed that stage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by jman77(m): 8:09am On Sep 27, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Bros, forget story. If you doubt me, send me a PM let's meet offline. Let me show you life, not the one your father is fighting in Onitsha to be allowed to carry headpan.
chai! A well POLISHED FINISHING

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Anambralstson: 8:12am On Sep 27, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Is Ikpeazu paying you salaries now, the billions he collected as bailout, how many litres of kerosene did he use it to buy?

See, that is a FG project site that would benefit the entire SE. Obiano better calls these idiots to order so that their community-wide foolishness doesn't impede the project.

This nonsense can't happen in Ebonyi under Umahi. That's why they have projects there in Ebonyi while you are busy telling old wives fables online.
Ignorant ewedu brain, protest happens in every states, cure yourself from bitterness, it's too early, I can provide more evidence to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 27, 2019
zikter:

I am constructing a road that is solely for the benefit of your fuckin-g village. I am not building a hotel or petrol station or shopping mall I will make money from. It is a structure purely for your own benefit. Your villagers should be rolling out the red carpet for my guys by day and the mgbekes by night

Instead you are coming to demand that we basically bribe you to execute a project that is solely for the benefit of your village. Entitled jokers.

2 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Wickedfacts: 8:16am On Sep 27, 2019
Aurielfinizu:

Used what against you? You're now referring to yourself as "the poor" abi?

You called me a hungry fool, you said my family is dying in poverty. You expected me to clap for you?

Now that I cleared you, you now know you're poor? You now know carrying headpan is dignified labour?

Keep on talking nonsense to people. Keep on insulting people you've never met. One day, you'll be a lesson to others.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by alphaNomega: 8:17am On Sep 27, 2019
hakeem4:

well, i have noticed something about the Aryan race ( germans and austrians), they have this superiority complex that their race is the most superior race on the surface of planet earth. Probably that is why they transferred their colonies to other countries.

i believe their superiority mentality is what is making them a great nation

Can your country match Germany in a war? No allies or external support.

That's how you know a country with superior might.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by alphaNomega: 8:17am On Sep 27, 2019
Pennyways:
Port Harcourt pattern don reach that side?

That's how black people behave
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by HAKYN1: 8:18am On Sep 27, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Haba! Too early now! Abeg no kill the guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Wickedfacts: 8:18am On Sep 27, 2019
Anambralstson:

Ignorant ewedu brain, protest happens in every states, cure yourself from bitterness, it's too early, I can provide more evidence to you

Keep on bringing out posts.

They are protesting against government acquisition WITHOUT compensation which is against the Land Use Act, your chiefs are protesting that they be allowed to work as slaves, servants and manual labourers.

Them take am swear for una?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by alphaNomega: 8:19am On Sep 27, 2019
GreenArrow1:
I talk am say Na money matter. It the kind of stuff we face on a daily. It is important to involve the host community in any project you are executing as a far construction is concerned. However, if they are an unreasonable bunch, it's best to not use them to avoid too unnecessary problems with your project. The way to go about this is to settle the Chiefs in the communities and the youths would have less power. They'll be more motivated to work for pay instead of feeling over entitled.
On the issue of supply, I won't blame Julius Berger for not involving them as I can relate to this currently. The way those who feel they have a proximity to projects inflate prices of materials when they hear it is a Federal Government project would make you just go to the open market and patronize other suppliers on a neutral basis. How can you offer to give me blocks for 180 Naira when the person you are buying it from is willing to sell to me for 127 Naira? Why then should I buy from you when all I wanted to do was use you as middle man so you can get something out of the deal as per host community person? People often forget that construction is purely a business and the aim is to make profit while delivering quality.
Just yesterday I got a call from persons in the host community where I we are executing a project that rain had felled a tree within our site and the branches were resting on the high tension wires thereby shutting off power supply. They now said since it was a Federal Government project, I should come and pay them 20,000 to remove the branches before the nepa guys come to rectify the bridged cables et al. Na me push d tree? I asked. I dey use d light? I told them to mobilize area youths to do that or wait for me to minute our head office in Abuja as per their request and they'll have to wait for maybe weeks before anything is done about it. Nobody told them, they've cut down d branches of the very small tree and rectified their light wahala.
Sometimes the contractor can be unreasonable but wetin we dey see for some of these host communities hand can make one turn into something else.

Nice

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Labour Party (South-West Chairman) Collapses Structure Into APC / Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty / Sanwo-olu Provides Free Access Through Lekki Toll Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.