Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,174 members, 7,807,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office (27481 Views)

Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger / Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" / Julius Berger Installs Live Camera On The 2nd Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by freeman81: 6:55pm On Sep 27, 2019
XINOIX:
hmmm next after shutting down the project they would still blame buhari for not completing the 2nd Niger bridge
where is the link an video before concluding your point.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by wirinet(m): 7:06pm On Sep 27, 2019
lawalosky:
This J.B can be so selfish and naive at times,
You are constructing a federal government project in my fatherland.. And you don't want my people to benefit out of it, what nonsense. angry angry angry
This false sense of entitlement the the reason development will be stalled in the Niger delta. If host community wants to benefit from project in your fatherland, they should have negotiated with the Federal government and the contractor before the commencement of the project. It is wrong to allow the contractor mobilise to site only for the youths to threaten them, it's shear blackmail.

I was involved in a project to build a maternity clinic in efurope very close to Oghara. The youths mobilised to site with cutlasses giving us conditions before we are allowed to commence work. They insist we pay "deve" levy and hire their boys. I paid deve levy of N150,000, but I insisted on using the workers I brought with me.The greatest mistake anyone would make in executing a contract in the Niger delta is hiring local workers, especially labourers and bricklayers. They would work lackadaisically and expect higher wages.

This is a project the people has been clamouring for over 40 years. If the contractor should leave site and the project abandoned, the same people will blame the government for marginalising the region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by Ikpongiton: 12:33am On Sep 28, 2019
julius berger has alway been like that,just like a slave camp.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by kayusely70(m): 1:45am On Sep 28, 2019
Their grievances should be addressed for peace to reign.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by 9jaRealist: 4:59am On Sep 28, 2019
Only in Nigeria would a PRIVATE company be executing a project, and be expected to be a Local Govt....
Meanwhile, the people actually elected and PAID to do the job of Local Govt are doing squat and being hailed by the Masses!
undecided
>

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by 9jaRealist: 5:05am On Sep 28, 2019
XINOIX:
hmmm next after shutting down the project they would still blame buhari for not completing the 2nd Niger bridge

The community "leaders" are more concerned with their own pockets than public infrastructure... undecided
>

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office by TS2(m): 7:53am On Sep 28, 2019
Greed and foolishness will finish you people. A project that promises to transform your region, you're stopping for trivial issues

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Remove GEJ & Prepare For War – Dokubo Asari Warns North / UN: North Eastern Nigeria, 3 Other Countries On The Brink Of Famine In 6 Months / Ekiti Joins #EndSARS Protests (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.