Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:40 PM

5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding (25280 Views)

Monglitch-working-gta-5-money-generator / Today Is My Day, Wish A Soldier Happy Birthday (photos) / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by Nigeria2day(m): 7:20am On Sep 27, 2019
A wedding is one of those life events that anyone would love to make as memorable as possible.

But must you break a bank to make your wedding memorable?

Here are 5 money tips that will help you prepare for a successful wedding.

1. Save For Your Rent Separately From The Wedding Budget: When planning your wedding, the most important money decision you can make is to save for your rent.

Your new wife must have a place to call home after you have married her. And you do not want your landlord knocking on your door a few days after your wedding.

So, to be on the safe side, check the rent off your worry list by saving for it before the wedding. The truth is that there is no amount of money that would ever be enough for a wedding ceremony.

As you plan the wedding, unexpected expenditures would come up, but bear in mind that the wedding would still go ahead if you don’t provide that money. So, resist all pressure to dip your hands into the savings for rent.

A smart way to save your rent would be to stash it away at a fixed deposit account or invest it in government securities. Don’t put it in your savings account where you have easy access.

2. Do Not Spend More Than 3 Months Of Your Salary On Either The Wedding Or The Rent: Draw a budget and stick to it. Make sure that neither the rent nor the wedding budget exceeds your three months salary.

If you hold a job, you probably have been saving for the wedding. That’s a smart money decision already.

You may find yourself in an awkward position after the wedding if you go all out to blow all your savings on the wedding or rent.

3. Trust Your Wife With Money: You may have heard in some places that women are natural money-doublers. This is very true and you are about to find out. Let your wife-to-be in on some money decisions as you plan the wedding. They have the uncanny abilities to take bold money decisions that will save you lots of expenditure.

This should not end after the wedding. In fact, this is the time to appoint your wife the de facto finance manager of the family. You will thank us for it.

Also, read Understanding the legal process of reclaiming your dead relative’s money from banks (2)

4. Learn To Save All The Money Given To You As Gifts: During the wedding celebrations, many of the guests will come bearing gifts. And some will bring cash gifts especially some of your friends who are unable to make it to the wedding may want to make up for their absence with some cash gifts.

Be smart about the way you handle those cash gifts. Don’t spend them. This is called a windfall. Save all of it, and you won’t regret it. It would provide a financial buffer you will need to make your honeymoon very enjoyable.

5. Consider A Destination Wedding: Destination wedding does not mean you go to Dubai or London to host it. You can decide to take it away from the city where you live, maybe a suburb or your village. If you live in Lagos for instance, and a lot more of your guest will be coming from outside Lagos, say from your village, consider hosting the wedding in your village or state capital. No matter how much you may spend, you will spend far less compared to hosting it in Lagos.

In Lagos, as it is in many city centres in Nigeria, the cost of renting a hall and catering alone is enough to host the wedding for you in your hometown.

http://www.nigeriatodaynews.com/news/5-money-advice-you-wish-you-got-before-your-wedding

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by Citytrend: 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2019
True talk. My only concern is that nothing is constant. Especially in an unpredictable economic like ours

Anyway, l will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsAp

2 Likes

Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by Cryomancer: 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2019
True talk OP.... It's so sad that most people don't realize that the wedding is just for a day, while the marriage is for a lifetime. What's the point in feeding the whole nation on your wedding day and go home to drink garri afterwards??

I'm not sure of doing any wedding sef.... All i'll do is pay the bride price, do a light traditional gathering of both families, go for marriage blessing and use the money i would have spent on the wedding ceremony to go for honeymoon in Seychelles or Maldives....

God bless my fiancee for having and sharing such a great idea with me...

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by yeyeboi(m): 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
Ok
Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by Flashh: 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
Unmarried girls, will be like... This one no concern me. Na Unmarried Men e concern.

Inside this life.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by zhad(m): 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
Maybe Thats true
Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by Maxcollins042(m): 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
6. Cut your coat according to your cloth

For the fact that Mr. A broke the bank to host a lavish wedding party does not suggest you have to follow suit. Weigh your financial strength and tailor your wedding to dovetail to what you can afford financially. This will save you from any consequential debt and leave you with more cash to hit the marital ground running with your significant other.

10 Likes

Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by holyDaniel: 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
Also, read Understanding the legal process of reclaiming your dead relative’s money from banks
I am confused.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by Kendumazy(m): 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
Ok
Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by Alamu1111: 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2019
Truth but I am looking for a wife

Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by Sirmuel1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2019
I have been reading all these stuff about marriage, what is left is the WIFE! She's no where to be found cheesy

9 Likes

Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by Toscarele: 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2019
While some people don't mind borrowing money for their wedding ceremonywhile they turn into debtors after the wedding

4 Likes

Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2019
Not to spend so much on clothes. The expensive wrappers i got are just gathering dust because i don't like native outfits on a normal day.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by avril9(f): 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2019
To him that has ears, let him hear.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2019
and don't do more than yourself to impress others

1 Like

Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by PBeni(m): 3:53pm On Sep 27, 2019
Hmmm undecided
Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by rhymesnoni(m): 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2019
Perfect Piece of advise, seems the topic was directly meant fro me i swear....

6 Months to my wedding, i dint hesitate to click imediately i saw his topic. Thank you OP

12 Likes

Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by wayindhe: 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2019
make d 5 advice stick to dem hear o
Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2019
Good advice.
Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by nailcapuzzi89(m): 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2019
Calcul wella, na wedding pple go help you do,dem go clean yansh bounce,na u and ur head na him go do marriage...den do tell person
Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by hesilo(m): 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2019
ok
Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2019
Noted
Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by daxclusive1: 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2019
Thanks
Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by pointstores(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2019
Okkk now
Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by AgentNnamdi: 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2019
Save and invest the money you make on the wedding day OR pick up this book - The Richest Man in Babylon - and practice the principles in the book.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by ednut1(m): 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2019
easy to say. wedding these days cost an average of 3m. that is madness.

hall 600k
deco 300k
food and drinks- 600k
cloths and gown- 300k
photo video dj- 400k
bride price items- 300k to 700k
Etc.
madness madness madness

5 Likes

Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by asgard01(m): 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2019
after wedding comes marriage... 1 is for a a day n d oda a lifetime... spend wisely

2 Likes

Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by duality(m): 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2019
Don't totally agree with number 3
Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by kushercain: 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2019
rhymesnoni:
Perfect Piece of advise, seems the topic was directly meant fro me i swear....

6 Months to my wedding, i dint hesitate to click imediately i saw his topic. Thank you OP

All the best bro

Same way a friend of mine has been pressuring the rest of us for money because his wedding is next month. The guy is just under too much pressure and I'm wondering why it should be so

3 Likes

Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by ksam(m): 4:09pm On Sep 27, 2019
That was how someone somewhere did his wedding, less than a week he was looking for whom to lend him 5k.. Biko, wedding is not by force, just go pay the money wey her family say make you pay, invite a clergy man to bless the union and carry your wife home, when money come una go do the efizy wedding wey una wan do..
Re: 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding by Flexherbal(m): 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2019
Nice one!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria? / I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" / Akufo-Addo, Amaechi, KSA, RMD, Obanikoro At Ovation Red Carol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.