Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu (6099 Views)

Udebuan Sage Chibueze: Items Recovered From Arrested IPOB Commander (Photos) / Did DSS Share 2013 Photos As Items Recovered From Igboho’s House? / Kennedy Ibeh Builds Betting Shop, Commissions It As Constituency Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by bellachibaby(f): 8:53am On Sep 27, 2019
A former Senator, who represented Ogun East in the eighth National Assembly has debunked a statement credited to the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) that it had recovered three ambulances and a 500KVA transformer which were Constituency Project items from him.

ICPC had in a statement Thursday, said ‘the items were part of 2016 Constituency Projects meant to be distributed to Ogun East Senatorial District.”

The commission said the items were allegedly discovered by its Constituency Project Tracking Team at Kashamu’s Constituency Project Office in Ijebu Ode, Ogun State, after a tip-off by a constituent, a statement signed by the commission’s spokesperson, Mrs Rasheedat Okoduwa, said.

But Kashamu said “no items were recovered” from his constituency office in Ijebu-Ode, noting that “it is shameful ICPC could turn round to claim recovery of items that had earlier been reported to it.”

The former lawmaker said, “Rather, the items that were handed over to ICPC officials were delivered at the constituency office in Ijebu-Igbo, Ogun State. The items were delivered to the Constituency office in Ijebu-Igbo by the contractors late in 2017.”

Kashamu, speaking through his Media Aide, Austin Oniyokor, in a statement made available to DAILY POST on Friday, alleged that his former Senior Legislative Aide (SLA), one Onadeko Onamusi, “abused his position and influenced the award of 18 out of the 21 constituency projects to two of his (the SLA’s) companies – Stanton Nigeria Limited and Haines & Baines Nigeria Limited.”

Oniyokor said, “Alarmed at the discovery, Senator Kashamu issued a query to Onamusi and terminated his appointment. Thereafter, the matter was reported to the ICPC. The ICPC investigated the matter, arrested and charged Onamusi to court.”

According to the Oniyokor, the former legislative aide was reportedly arraigned by ICPC on an 18-count charge.

“In fact, on the 28th of November, 2018, the ICPC through its spokesperson, Mrs Rasheedat Okoduwa, issued a statement wherein it announced that it had charged Onamusi to court over N68.7million contract scam.

“In the statement, the ICPC said Onamusi was arraigned before Justice C. N. Oji of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Apo, Abuja, on 18 counts.

“Onamusi was accused of using his companies to execute several contracts for the National Assembly.” he said.

‘So, for any objective mind, it should not be difficult to understand that there was no way the distribution of the items could have continued since they had become a subject of litigation and could be used as evidence. It is even more so when part of the senator’s complaint was that the contractor supplied Volvo hearse instead of supplying ambulances.

“This was the situation until Senator Kashamu served out his term of office in June, 2019. It is instructive that the items were not diverted or taken anywhere for the personal use of the senator or any of his associates.

“So, if the matter the ICPC took to court had been determined one or the other, what it should have done was for the items to be delivered to the beneficiaries and not this unnecessary melodrama by the commission.

“The three Volvo hearse and transformer were not hidden. They have always been in the open within the expansive compound of Senator Kashamu’s Constituency office in Ijebu-Igbo. So, there could not have been any recovery.

“It is shameful that the same agency that got Onamusi arrested, investigated and charged to court over the same items could turn round to claim recovery of the items that had been reported to it on the basis of some unfounded “intelligence”.

“If anything, Senator Kashamu should be commended for his rare patriotic step of reporting his aide to the ICPC for allegedly abusing his position as a Senior Legislative Aide.

“All of these are in the public domain and can be verified at the ICPC and FCT High Court, Abuja,” the statement added.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/icpc-lied-no-constituency-project-items-recovered-sen-buruji-kashamu/

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by ursullalinda(f): 9:13am On Sep 27, 2019
It's so bad now that all we read is accusations and counter accusations. Every one seems to be a liar and to worsen it, journalist don't investigate before releasing the news. So who do we believe?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by BUSHHUNTER: 9:13am On Sep 27, 2019
Thief!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by busybrain123(m): 9:14am On Sep 27, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by TerrorSquad147: 9:14am On Sep 27, 2019
Of course they lied, even the US government that has you on their wanted list for drugs are also lying

3 Likes

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by islandmoon: 9:14am On Sep 27, 2019
wow, DSS lied, ICPC lied, seem we are now in era of government agencies lying like fools, the next thing is NCC lying that my line is improperly registered and block me from using internet because of this comment . what a nation

6 Likes

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by mu2sa2: 9:15am On Sep 27, 2019
Torrr! Who is to be believed?

1 Like

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 27, 2019
i thought i was ftc grin
Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by alatbaba1(m): 9:15am On Sep 27, 2019
u don't mean it

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by Bestchoice4me(m): 9:15am On Sep 27, 2019
I even tried FTC today,All to no avail..these guys above me dey para oo..which network una dey use?

10 Likes

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by McAausim: 9:16am On Sep 27, 2019
cool

Buru... Ole ole ole
Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by paparazzi1987(m): 9:17am On Sep 27, 2019
Former drug baron turned ex convict, then again ex senator, then finally acting looter and lootee

All of this happening inside the federal republic of Nigeria..

Inside Life grin

4 Likes

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 27, 2019
Who are we to believe in this country.

Get your working WeChat and Alipay wallet for your Chinese transactions

1 Like

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by PapaBaby: 9:17am On Sep 27, 2019
Kashamu is a saint, he is in a party of saints. Idiots.

1 Like

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 27, 2019
Who are we to believe in this country.

Get your working WeChat and Alipay wallet for your Chinese transactions.

1 Like

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 27, 2019
Whatever happened to this guy's extradition matter?

Naija
Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by Flier: 9:19am On Sep 27, 2019
mu2sa2:
Torrr! Who is to be believed?
He is lying,the pictures are still everywhere

1 Like

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by ufojude: 9:20am On Sep 27, 2019
Nor be lie, na true. Sen. Buruji Kashamu never lie wance!!
Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:20am On Sep 27, 2019
Why are the media destroying Nigeria, why would any country take us serious, we have to always wait for video evidence before we believe any news and to some extent that even video evidence also have doctored in Nigeria.

The one they are even bringing fraud news everyday like say them do yahoo pass Russia and India. Let them keep tarnishing themselves, crime in India is worst

1 Like

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by gazza07(m): 9:27am On Sep 27, 2019
The only person lying here is icpc ppl. Anything APC touches, lies.

Tufiakwa!! If things were truely recovered from him, why is kashamu still a free man??

1 Like

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by BarrElChapo(m): 9:27am On Sep 27, 2019
Onamusi Onadeko gbu kwa gi there cheesy
Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by Opinedecandid(m): 9:29am On Sep 27, 2019
Now, who do we believe?

1 Like

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by YorubaNinja: 9:29am On Sep 27, 2019
angry

1 Like

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 27, 2019
Ok
Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by leofab(f): 9:32am On Sep 27, 2019
Laird
Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 27, 2019
ursullalinda:
It's so bad now that all we read is accusation and counter accusation. Every one seems to be a liar and to worsen it, journalist don't investigates before releasing the news. So who do we believe

That exactly is where the problem is... Poor journalism!

1 Like

Re: ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu by arodavoo(m): 9:33am On Sep 27, 2019
Lol... Each time this political thiefs are caught, the next thing you hear them say is that they lied against them... And the funniest is that, in few weeks time we won't hear about the case again.. So sad

Check my profile to learn importation from Turkey, China, UK and USA

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC: Rivers Court Strikes Out Suit Challenging Legality Of Buni-Led CECPC / Osun Guber: Appeal Court Live Proceedings / Is This Nyesom Wike ? (pics )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.