Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life (664 Views)

Your Habits Will Ether Make Or Mar You (content 2️⃣) / Your Habit Will Ether Make Or Mar You (content 1️⃣) / Police Rescue 600 Kano Workers Locked For 3 Months In Rice Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life by Reecelampard00: 1:09pm On Sep 27, 2019
Pls I need you guys to advice me. I've been an active nairalander since 2010 so I guess I am part of the family already, though I just created this account for some privacy issue.

My stories are long but I'm just going to be kinda straight forward with it. I'm 26 yrs old from the eastern part of the country, I graduated from high school some years ago, I proceeded to Unilag but was expelled from sch for impersonation in my final year(early 2015). I didn't notify my parents about the expulsion but my dad got to know when I was due for NYSC(late 2016) but I wasn't forthcoming with any news about it. He was mad for a while but took it as God's will.

He's a Chartered Accountant so he wants me to be educated at all cost. I told him I was tired of going back to uni in Nigeria (late 2016) and he agreed with me to go study abroad. He contacted a travel agent, I wrote some exams(TOEFL&IELTS) and I did well but as the embassy people would have it I got denied thrice.

After counting his losses coupled with providing for my other siblings and some other running bills local man decided that I should stay back in Nigeria to study.

I used to be a commercial student in Uni but decided to change course, so I opted for LAW. Wrote Waec and Jamb this year, I scored 285 in jamb but my Literature In Eng bleeped me up, I'll probably be writing Neco GCE this Nov/Dec. Now he wants me to attend a neco/gce/jamb lesson at all cost which is a total *NO NO NO* for me.

Here is my concern; if I should go back to university to study Law, I'll be at least 36 yrs when I'm done considering Nigeria education factors. Also considering the facts that NBA produces thousands of lawyers annually and the junior lawyers are low paid, I think the profession isn't that lucrative anymore.

Then, I have a serious relationship with a girl I met in uni back then, she's done with youth service and already working with a reputable company. If I should go back to uni I think I will surely jeopardize the relationship, mind u she's 23yrs old now.

Now, I'm thinking if I should run away from home to stay with my friend. My friend is in a neighboring country, he's into computer programming and he's making some real cash. So I'm thinking if I should go meet him and learn some stuffs, I already also make some monies online doing legit stuffs here. I think I can always go back to sch(part time bc of certificate though).

If I should tell him about travelling to meet a friend, he's never going to give me a green light. So I think I should just drop a note when leaving home.

Nairalanders, should I run away from home to hustle my way out or I should listen to my dad by going back to uni for another 7-9 years.

Thanks.

Cc. Lalasticlala
Seun
Fynestboi
Mynd44
Dominique

Admin pls help to front page
Re: Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 27, 2019
Young man... Find something to do to start with.....learn a skill first... So you can be generating income.... From what I can see money and dependency on parents is the issue... If you start making money.... You can take part-time courses for degree sake.... Like in unizik we have what we call CEP for part time students.... But it's for non professional courses (like business courses).... You can still get your life on the right track, get married, and still get a degree....
You can have it all....

If you use this year to next year October to get a skill you can use remotely like internet marketing, programming and the rest... You can start getting small cash.... Before October next year you have enough to register for part time..... You go to school only Fridays and Saturdays (for 6yrs tho)....
You receive clients and get paid...
You keep ur relationship....
Ur parents are happy
You are happy... This isn't a big problem you just lacked information

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life by budaatum: 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2019
I commend your dad for his continous support of you. I think you better take advantage of what he's offering you or you'd be here under a new monika opening a thread saying, I'm 36 and I've wasted my life!

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life by waleyp(m): 1:28pm On Sep 27, 2019
Going To Lesson Is A No No, Well Its Your Life So You Rule It, Your Dad Is Doing The Right Thing To Give You Education, Well You A Man Enough To Decide, SomeTimes We Need To Move Away From Our ComForT ZONE.You Can Get Some Work And Do Part Time Later ,So The Ball Is In Your Court
Re: Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life by Kingpinukecy(m): 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2019
U have said a lot of things about ur self. my advice is this: just go to ur friend and learn that programming stuff. At least since u can't complete ur Degree program now, u can still make something good out of ur self.

The world is fast growing in the area of programming now so if u learn it very well u will make a cool and legit cash. After all not every one that is wealthy is educated. but education is essential as well.

Then wen u make ur money u can forward ur self to complete ur degree or as u r learning it, u can enroll for the degree program as well.

Just do u best and leave the rest OK.God will see u through.
Re: Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 27, 2019
Guy, running away is a bad move. If your friend you so 'trusted' to provide you a refuge eventually get irritated by your presence, what then would you do? Run elsewhere?

Look, your dad is trying the best he can, now that he's able and is financially capable, take advantage. Since he didn't reject you, or called you all sorts of names. Take advantage.

Kindly register this waec, reduce your age, and enrol in a private school. To study law. With your experience, you would do well.

Follow your dad, he's a good man.
Re: Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life by Linzo(m): 12:06am On Sep 28, 2019
Please and please toll the part your father wants for you because on the long run it will reward you better.
Yes law is over saturated and not that lucrative much again, especially in Nigeria. However, since your father is a chartered accountant why not toll that part of accounting? Accounting profession is still a very lucrative course that you will never regret of studying if you know your onion.

As for going to learn program I will advice you to shun that plan for now and get yourself organized once again by going back to sch, and when you finally settled in school you can then learn your programming skills alongside your study. You can take programming course online or offline bit by bit.

Do not be move with the little change you friend is making from his programming skills for now, as a programmer I will tell you that most work in the IT world are 90% contract jobs so you will be better of as a programmer or developer with degree and not just programming skills alone. You will do better as a graduate and programmer than your likes in the industry without a formal university education

About the age stuff I will advice you to go for a 4years Accountancy degree, work hard and get a good result and the sky will be your limit. As for your girl, try open up and let her know everything that transpired back in school that led to your expulsion. If she still believes you and really want you, then you can propose to her and you guys can get married even as a student.

Final advice, go back to school as your father and parents are behind you.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life by SirLakes: 11:04am On Sep 28, 2019
Linzo:
Please and please toll the part your father wants for you because on the long run it will reward you better.
Yes law is over saturated and not that lucrative much again, especially in Nigeria. However, since your father is a chartered accountant why not toll that part of accounting? Accounting profession is still a very lucrative course that you will never regret of studying if you know your onion.

As for going to learn program I will advice you to shun that plan for now and get yourself organized once again by going back to sch, and when you finally settled in school you can then learn your programming skills alongside your study. You can take programming course online or offline bit by bit.

Do not be move with the little change you friend is making from his programming skills for now, as a programmer I will tell you that most work in the IT world are 90% contract jobs so you will be better of as a programmer or developer with degree and not just programming skills alone. You will do better as a graduate and programmer than your likes in the industry without a formal university education

About the age stuff I will advice you to go for a 4years Accountancy degree, work hard and get a good result and the sky will be your limit. As for your girl, try open up and let her know everything that transpired back in school that led to your expulsion. If she still believes you and really want you, then you can propose to her and you guys can get married even as a student.

Let me help you increase the volume bro
Re: Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life by Uyi168: 11:53am On Sep 28, 2019
Your dad type is rare...
Re: Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life by ctleurocollege: 8:09pm On Sep 28, 2019
Your dad try
Re: Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life by idu1(m): 10:06pm On Sep 28, 2019
Linzo:

Re: Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life by Reecelampard00: 5:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
thariodamaniac:
Young man... Find something to do to start with.....learn a skill first... So you can be generating income.... From what I can see money and dependency on parents is the issue... If you start making money.... You can take part-time courses for degree sake.... Like in unizik we have what we call CEP for part time students.... But it's for non professional courses (like business courses).... You can still get your life on the right track, get married, and still get a degree....
You can have it all....

If you use this year to next year October to get a skill you can use remotely like internet marketing, programming and the rest... You can start getting small cash.... Before October next year you have enough to register for part time..... You go to school only Fridays and Saturdays (for 6yrs tho)....
You receive clients and get paid...
You keep ur relationship....
Ur parents are happy
You are happy... This isn't a big problem you just lacked information

Thanks God bless. I'll sit him down and discuss this with him. If I should learn a skill (tailoring), I believe he can set me up with my business when I'm done learning.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life by Xisnin(m): 6:44pm On Sep 29, 2019
Go find a job, start a business or learn a skill.
Then enroll part-time in NOUN.
Don't waste your time chasing degree.
Re: Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life by Angelacruz: 5:59am On Sep 30, 2019
Re: Nairalanders should come to my Rescue. Tough decision to make or mar my life by Angelacruz: 6:01am On Sep 30, 2019
Go back to skull now dat ur parent r still alive.U can still go to skull n learn any skill maybe anytink related to I CT n then set up ur firm even bfor u finish skull.Dat ur frd might not be comfortable wit u coming over.Dnt be like d prodigal son.Remember dat some people r looking for dat kind of opportunity.

(1) (Reply)

Get The Entire GSM Numbers Of Nigeria, Email Database And Grow Your Business / As A Final Year Student , What Business Can I Start With 800k / Data Science And Data Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.