Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe (24711 Views)

My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture / My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 28, 2019
cry

Who breeds these effeminate men in Igboland?
You can't be igbo and refuse to severe the cord that has tied you to an Edo girl where the family objects. I will never advise a man to manipulate a girl into going against her family in marriage.

The effect is usually chaotic and believe me you're too young to battle with the troubles of an unwilling inlaw. Step aside and cast your gaze among other women. There are a lot of them even in your clan.

Do not go too far in search of love. For love like charity begins at home.

5 Likes

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:35am On Sep 28, 2019
Then don't marry. Don't come and give us headache here.
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by safarigirl(f): 8:35am On Sep 28, 2019
So, the fiancee no know say her mama no like Igbo people when she dey follow you waka?

It is ignorance that is making her mother talk like that, tomorrow, another man will refuse to marry her daughter because his own mother had a bad experience with Edo people.

Old age does not always mean wisdom, it could also mean years of experience in ignorance

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Houseofglam7(f): 8:36am On Sep 28, 2019
What does it matter where a person is from? cry
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by nabegibeg: 8:36am On Sep 28, 2019
SLAP44:

My elder bro also broke up with the Edo girl.

You deserve an e-slap

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 28, 2019
Always have a very huge part to play, have to walk over things like this when it was causing confusion.
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by don4real18(m): 8:37am On Sep 28, 2019
shocked
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Ayotemide(f): 8:37am On Sep 28, 2019
complete Bullshit.

Adults that defer to their parents for reasons that would be silly to a 10year old are not adults at all.

Leave her, let her mother find an Edo man to marry, as though that is the guarantee for marital bliss.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by nabegibeg: 8:37am On Sep 28, 2019
efighter:

You dated her for six months and now you want to marry her

Is it your dating
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by midnighter(f): 8:37am On Sep 28, 2019
Kassidy4luv:

She is EDO and I am IGBO her mum an igbo lady divorced her brother and took their children away, so because of that her daughter will not marry me and also because my younger sister is living with me.

But if your younger sister was out of the equation, would she have accepted? These are two totally different issues

You cant be newlyweds rolling along with your sister...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by SoNature(m): 8:37am On Sep 28, 2019
Kassidy4luv:

She said she can't go against her mum decision.
I have broken up with her

There are lots of beautiful Igbo girls around

Find one and marry.

This should not be causing you headache.

Na when their daughter reach 40 years for house dem go know how far
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by LUGBE: 8:38am On Sep 28, 2019
You gather mind to go Edo. Edo men are running away, you are running in.

You are seeing the handwriting on the wall but you want to be blind, run away as fast as your leg can carry

12 Likes

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by MedicH: 8:38am On Sep 28, 2019
SLAP44:

Hypocrisy.

You should have reacted to the first tribal bashing before r reacting to the second wickedness.

Broke a bottle on her head? Are you kidding me? Woe betide any woman that tries this with my sis or my babe. If you no rot in jail know say I no be human being. Didn't it bother you the girl may suffer a fractured skull that will take the rest of her life to treat or worse still drop dead immediately and you're comparing with ethnic insults.

I go just arrest the woman with the police and lock her up then file a two count charge of aggravated assault and battery and attempted murder which will attract a fine of 250k to the state, another 250k in damages and a period of 9 months in jail.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 28, 2019
Kassidy4luv:

She is EDO and I am IGBO her mum an igbo lady divorced her brother and took their children away, so because of that her daughter will not marry me and also because my younger sister is living with me.

@ the bolded. Your girlfriends mother is WISE. Your girlfriend better listens to her mother.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by midnighter(f): 8:39am On Sep 28, 2019
SLAP44:
grin

Same thing happened in our compound, my elder bro brought back this girl to marry in Mbaise Imo state, my auntie was happy, but when she spoke to the girl and she was like, "Auntie doo, I no dey hear Ib,,,,, she couldn't complete the sentence and my auntie took the coke I brought for her and broke on the poor girl's head. See wahala that day grin

The poor Edo girl ran and my aunt chased her with a cane, flogging her all the way to the bus stop, my elder bro was helpless as it was my auntie who trained him in university.

The poor Edo girl was rejected because one wicked Edo woman who lived in my uncles house in Benin was using witchcraft to suck my auntie business.

That was so bad of her. Cant she just tell her in a civilised way?

Lol you are mentioning Mbaise in this kind of story after everybody went out of their way to defend them just yesterday
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 28, 2019
SLAP44:
grin

Same thing happened in our compound, my elder bro brought back this girl to marry in Mbaise Imo state, my auntie was happy, but when she spoke to the girl and she was like, "Auntie doo, I no dey hear Ib,,,,, she couldn't complete the sentence and my auntie took the coke I brought for her and broke on the poor girl's head. See wahala that day grin

The poor Edo girl ran and my aunt chased her with a cane, flogging her all the way to the bus stop, my elder bro was helpless as it was my auntie who trained him in university.

The poor Edo girl was rejected because one wicked Edo woman who lived in my uncles house in Benin was using witchcraft to suck my auntie business.

Slap44, The Fabricated one cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 28, 2019
Kassidy4luv:

She said she can't go against her mum decision.
I have broken up with her
Good. I think that was honestly the best decision for her. You should also move on.
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by nick50(m): 8:40am On Sep 28, 2019
Even the holy bible advised us to marry from our tribe

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by ABOVEDELAW: 8:40am On Sep 28, 2019
LIES LIES LIES, REPENT!
SLAP44:
grin

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by mercyviv(f): 8:40am On Sep 28, 2019
I don't believe you're in love with the lady either ... listen to yourself; " why didnt they tell me this before instead..." It simply means you would have walked even in the face of a simple challenge that may have been resolved with dialogue, or do you imagine marriage to be a bed of roses all through and through?! I doubt if you'll be a better husband sir!!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by luminouz(m): 8:42am On Sep 28, 2019
Humans!!!
Always fuqin themselves up with their own restrictions. If its not tribe, its race or culture or religion or status or some other bullshiiit! undecided

6 Likes

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Chimaokigwe: 8:43am On Sep 28, 2019
SLAP44:
grin

You are a family of animals.

5 Likes

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by eikechukwu8(m): 8:43am On Sep 28, 2019
hmmm follow you heart

Anyway, check my signature
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by EkwensuAmosu: 8:43am On Sep 28, 2019
[s]
post=82640798:
[/b]

[b]SAY NO TO TRIBALISM!
[/s]

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by TDonald: 8:44am On Sep 28, 2019
Offpoint:
Doctors in the house, I don't know what's wrong with me for the past 5 days now.
Anything I take in I have this urge of vomiting, even water.
It all started when I drank garri with Merinda plus groundnuts+fried fish.

I was only trying to Jaye ori mi

shocked shocked shocked

Na one of the Symptoms of HIV be that ooo

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by luminouz(m): 8:45am On Sep 28, 2019
Pettyprincess:
I still do not believe parent still dictate who their children should get married to in this 21st century,bt anyways her mom told her not to marry someone because of an utterance with an igbo person,like seriously?
At this point i really do not know what to say bt you should hear her decision out first.
I can't imagine my mom telling me me i can't marry my bf because people from his race colonised Nigeria.
Talk is cheap
Wait till you're ready to marry naaaaaaa!
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Chimaokigwe: 8:45am On Sep 28, 2019
Offpoint:
Doctors in the house, I don't know what's wrong with me for the past 5 days now.

You are suffering from the sudden sickness.

When you suddenly jump into something you're not used to, your body rejects it and it can be fatal.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Skmoda(m): 8:46am On Sep 28, 2019
Offpoint:

You are sick Mr man....
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by Sonnobax15(m): 8:46am On Sep 28, 2019
Dear op,with all due respect,i think you should see that hinderance as a blessing in disguise...edo women aren't considered as wife materials if you really want to live long...as an urhobo man,that'd be the last thing i'd do,to marry an edo witch!

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by efighter: 8:46am On Sep 28, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

You are a family of animals.

This is bad nah, my guy. Respect is reciprocal, if he disses you, then diss him back. But he hasn't said anything that warrants this insult on his family.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by SLAP44: 8:47am On Sep 28, 2019
MedicH:

Broke a bottle on her head? Are you kidding me? Woe betide any woman that tries this with my sis or my babe. If you no rot in jail know say I no be human being. Didn't it bother you the girl may suffer a fractured skull that will take the rest of her life to treat or worse still drop dead immediately and you're comparing with ethnic insults.

I go just arrest the woman with the police and lock her up then file a two count charge of aggravated assault and battery and attempted murder which will attract a fine of 250k to the state, another 250k in damages and a period of 9 months in jail.

Take a chill pill and sleep my guy. grin
Re: My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe by abc115: 8:48am On Sep 28, 2019
Offpoint:

Post in health section

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Why Women Should Date Multiple Men' - Dating Coach / I'm 15 And My Boyfriend Is 20: Is That Right Or Wrong? / Some Character Traits That Places A Lady In The Class Of A Love Peddler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.