Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? (1965 Views)

If The Writers Of Adam And Eve Were Honest / Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Hello.

Your question is a very good one. I'm afraid that my answer will differ to some significant degree from yours. Solite3 already began the right answer, so that is where I will be continuing from. I am offering my answer not for a debate but for correction and for help to anyone who may be willing to learn what the Bible teaches.

To begin then, God designates Himself as He does because of His Covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Yes, the Lord made a covenant with Noah and his descendants, just as He later did with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, but a cursory glance at the two covenants shows that they were quite different. While in the Noahic covenant, the Lord is guaranteeing to humankind as a whole that it will have its full time and all resources it needs to make its choice about the Lord, the Abrahamic covenant was concerned with Redemption.

That is, the Lord was guaranteeing that Satan will never again be allowed to tempt humanity in a way that can lead to its total annihilation. He was guaranteeing the preservation of human free will, the provision of everything human beings need to make their choice about God, protection from even the animals in such a way that human life would be preserved. That covenant was made with every living creature of every kind (Genesis 9:16), so it was really about the preservation of human kind from the kind of interference that Satan did in the matter of the Nephilim. Man was to have all the time allotted to him by the Lord - all of his seven thousand years - to make his choice about the Lord. Satan would never again bring things to such a bleak position that all of humankind would be nearly exterminated in such an awesome judgment as the Flood.

During the Tribulation, the Lord will indeed make human beings so scarce that they will be rarer than gold of exceptional quality (Isaiah 13:12). Even then, mankind will not be so rare that only a family of 8 will be found on earth. There will still be a considerable population left at the Lord's Return, and even after the Seven Thunder Judgments, there will be possibly several million human beings left on earth. That is not to mention the Lord's pity on the rest of the world's living creatures, which will survive in equally relative abundant quantities. This is to show that the Lord keeps His Word.

The Abrahamic Covenant, on the other hand, is concerned not merely with the survival of the human race, but with its Redemption. Although the Lord guarantees a fair chance to choose to even unbelievers through His Covenant with Noah, with Abraham, His concern is with believers, that is, the faithful among the humans, the Church, Israel, God's Own Share of the Human Race.

Abraham was the first Hebrew (Genesis 14:13; 17:1-23). You may remember that in the days of Abraham's great-great-great-grandfather Peleg, the Lord divided the world's homogeneous population into nations. They continued their rebellion against Him in their respective languages and cultures. God chose Abraham specifically to build a new nation for Himself through him. That nation was to be the conduit through which the whole world would be saved. It was to be the Messiah's nation.

Abraham was a man of faith just like Adam, Abel, Seth, Enoch, and Noah. They all believed in the Lord and looked forward to His Redemption, but Abraham was the one through whom the Lord was going to work that Salvation out by the creation of a nation. He was rigorously tested for this reason. He was led by the Lord away from his idolatrous family to live in an idolatrous and dangerous land where the Lord protected him. He was kept from having a child for much longer than many of us can endure. Then, when he did have the child, the Lord tested him with a command too hard for many of us to bear. He passed these tests in flying colors. The last one which demanded the sacrifice of Isaac was actually a type of what God intended with Abraham. Just as Abraham was to give up Isaac, the Lord was going to give up His One and Only Son. That was the whole point of the nation that was to come out of Abraham.

What about Isaac? Abraham had many sons including Isaac's older brother Ishmael. Isaac was the only one of them who inherited God's Covenant with Abraham, because he too trusted in his father's God. His patience in the matter of the wells in Genesis 26, his patience in waiting for a wife, and in waiting for his wife to have children, is a clear demonstration of his great faith in the Lord. He was the one through whom Israel would come, not the other sons of Abraham. So, he was the next father of Israel.

Jacob? No, Jacob was not one of the worst people in the Old Testament. That is an incredibly unfair assessment of the man. There are few believers today and there are very few throughout the history of humanity who are as great as Jacob was. His was a more tortured history with the Lord, it is true, but he was perhaps the best illustration of what Israel as a nation would be. Israel as a nation is violently passionate and zealous for the Lord whenever it is at all interested in Him, but it is also a most rebellious nation whenever it is not interested in Him. It is an all-or-nothing kind of nation. Jacob was a lot like that. He was a man who lived on his wits or else he was a man who depended entirely on the Lord. In his youth, he depended on his cunning. As he got older, his attitude changed. He grew to be a most trusting believer in the Lord. His life was full of terrors, but the Lord delivered him out of them all so that he could say both of the following:

[9]So Jacob said to Pharaoh, "The years of my sojourning are one hundred and thirty; few and unpleasant have been the years of my life, nor have they attained the years that my fathers lived during the days of their sojourning."
Genesis 47:9 NASB

[16]The angel who has redeemed me from all evil, Bless the lads; And may my name live on in them, And the names of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; And may they grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth."
Genesis 48:16 NASB

All these three men were remarkable believers. Abraham had Paradise in Sheol named after him, for example. Isaac was a type of none other than the Lord Jesus Himself. Jacob was also Israel, himself a type of the eternal nation Israel, which is actually the Church, the Bride of Christ. It is incredible how these men were honored by the Lord. They were the fathers of Israel. The Redemption that all believers from Adam until the last believer to die before the Cross waited for was made possible through their obedience.

That they are three in number is also significant since three is the number of the Godhead. God made it so as to make it clear that Israel was and would be His Own Special Nation. As we have come to learn in the New Testament, Israel is the eternal organization into which all believers of the Church Age beginning from Adam until the last believer to believe before the Second Advent are sorted. We who believe are part of Israel. In Resurrection, this will be confirmed with our new bodies and rewards. Those who believe after the Second Advent will be sorted into other nations in the Eternal State. Israel is very special indeed, not least, as I said, because it is God's Firstborn among the nations.

So, when God calls Himself the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, He is referring to His Plan of Redemption, His Plan to redeem us through our free will choice to believe in Him and accept the Perfect Sacrifice that He provides in our behalf for our sins against Him. The Cross, after all, is the Foundation of all Creation.
Beautiful

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:51pm On Oct 01, 2019
ichuka:

Correct again bro
He's not just the God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob nor is He just the God of
ochibuogwu5, HRHQueenPhil(f), Ihedinobi3, nnamdiosu(m), ireneony(f), Explorers(m), Ishilove, Pidggin(f), Anas09, MuttleyLaff, live4dgospel(m), italo, doyinbaby(f), solite3(m), richmekus, bloodofthelamb(m), annyplenty(m), SonofIssachar, jiggaz(m), emvico(m), pamijlove(f), BIBLESPEAKS(m), joyberry(f), pressplay411(m), ScienceWatch, titilayo1993(f), plainbibletruth, fabem(m), An2elect2(f), shdemidemi(m), DrummaBoy(m), Enigma(m), Candour(m), Alwaystrue(f), OLAADEGBU(m), Goshen360(m), aletheia(m), bigd4050, 5solas(m) /1sharon
But The God of All Flesh

Amen. God bless you real good. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by Anas09: 8:27pm On Oct 01, 2019
paxonel:
Who says God did not declare that he was God of Adam?
by giving Adam instruction on what to do and Adam obeyed, what do you call that, man to man relationship?
If God declared Himself as the God of Adam why not just post it instead of rigmaroling?

3 Likes

Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by Anas09: 8:29pm On Oct 01, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

How about Enoch,Methuselah,Noah and the rest.Notice how Abraham,Isaac,Jacob and so are those forming the Jewish genealogy.The Jews made the bible basically about them- the so called chosen people.
Covenant. Did He call any of those names you called into a covenant?

God made only One Covenant and it was with Abraham, hence everything is tight to him.
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by Anas09: 8:31pm On Oct 01, 2019
ichuka:

God always has a reason for doing anything.
God does not explain.
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by Anas09: 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
ichuka:

But He also entered a covenant with Noah after the flood
Gen9:17..New American Standard Bible
And God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth."
Read it again. The Covenant was not with Noah, but with humanity.
But, the one He entered with Abraham was with Abraham personally.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by ichuka(m): 5:42am On Oct 02, 2019
Anas09:

God does not explain.
He's not just God but also our Father.
No one asks his father for bread and receives something else Mat7:7-8
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by ichuka(m): 5:47am On Oct 02, 2019
Anas09:

Read it again. The Covenant was not with Noah, but with humanity.
But, the one He entered with Abraham was with Abraham personally.
The point of the thread was the personalities/characters of these three men.
Even the covenant God had with Abraham was in form of a promise that was fullfil by Christ.
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by Anas09: 7:25am On Oct 02, 2019
ichuka:

The point of the thread was the personalities/characters of these three men.
Even the covenant God had with Abraham was in form of a promise that was fullfil by Christ.
Yes, and I think someone answered this.
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by Anas09: 7:36am On Oct 02, 2019
ichuka:

What I mean by God does not explain is, He does not explain to us why He does things the way He does them.

Your question is, Why did God introduced Himself as the God of the three characters and not of Adam, or of Noah or of Enoch. And i said, It is His sole prerogative to do as He please, when He pleases.

His motives are not explained. This is not the same thing as asking for earthly material things which he has already said you should ask Him for.

If you insist that he explains to why, then you shd also demand an explanation as to why he placed the tree of Sin in the Garden where He placed and innocent Adam, knowing he wld eat it.

You shd ask why he didn't just kill Adam and start all over again, but left him and plunged the whole world into sin.

You shd also demand an answer why He didn't just obliterate Satan by throwing him straight to hell instead of casting him and his demons here knowing he wld cause Man to sin.

On this note I said, God does not explain his actions to anyone.

He is the Sovereign God doing all things after the counsel of His Will.
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by paxonel(m): 8:00am On Oct 02, 2019
Anas09:

If God declared Himself as the God of Adam why not just post it instead of rigmaroling?
God don't need to declare himself as God of Adam for you to know that he is God of Adam.
Scriptures cannot possibly record that God declared himself as God of all the key figures in the bible who were faithful to God.
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by MuttleyLaff: 8:21am On Oct 02, 2019
ichuka:
What is the distinction between the words, God and Father nwanne, lol.

Anas09:
What I mean by God does not explain is, He does not explain to us why He does things the way He does them.

Your question is, Why did God introduced Himself as the God of the three characters and not of Adam, or of Noah or of Enoch. And i said, It is His sole prerogative to do as He please, when He pleases.

His motives are not explained. This is not the same thing as asking for earthly material things which he has already said you should ask Him for.

If you insist that he explains to why, then you shd also demand an explanation as to why he placed the tree of Sin in the Garden where He placed and innocent Adam, knowing he wld eat it.

You shd ask why he didn't just kill Adam
When Someone said, if you eat of the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil, you shall surely die, doesnt that mean that Person will make sure to that you die, will make it sure that you get killed from and/or after eating of the tree's fruit, hmm?

Anas09:
and start all over again,
He started all over again 4000 years later now

Anas09:
but left him and plunged the whole world into sin.
Adam by his own mischief, rebellion, misguided loyalty plunged himself and the whole wide world into sin. It had nothing to do with God. The choice and freewill was Adam's

Anas09:
You shd also demand an answer why He didn't just obliterate Satan by throwing him straight to hell instead of casting him and his demons here knowing he wld cause Man to sin.
Dont worry Satan will his due comeuppance in the end

Anas09:
On this note I said, God does not explain his actions to anyone.
It is possibly true God doesnt all the time fully explain His actions to anyone, but if like Abraham, who God considered to be His friend, He is willing to explain to you if you ask. If God explains with a friend, how much more wouldnt He explain to His son/daughter

Anas09:
He is the Sovereign God doing all things after the counsel of His Will.
Without needing to retort to this unneccessary rhetoric, this however is 110% true, I give you that.

paxonel:
God don't need to declare himself as God of Adam for you to know that he is God of Adam.
Scriptures cannot possibly record that God declared himself as God of all the key figures in the bible who were faithful to God.
God didnt declare Himself as God of Adam, because Adam and his act of disobedience was not something influenced nor encouraged by God

Now, fyi, you three musketeers ichuka, anas09 and paxonel are not sticking to OP's premise and the original context about why does God not specifically declare Himself as the God of Adam but declares Himself particularly as the God Of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob etcetera?

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by ichuka(m): 7:43am On Jul 24, 2022
MuttleyLaff:
What is the distinction between the words, God and Father nwanne, lol.

When Someone said, if you eat of the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil, you shall surely die, doesnt that mean that Person will make sure to that you die, will make it sure that you get killed from and/or after eating of the tree's fruit, hmm?

He started all over again 4000 years later now

Adam by his own mischief, rebellion, misguided loyalty plunged himself and the whole wide world into sin. It had nothing to do with God. The choice and freewill was Adam's

Dont worry Satan will his due comeuppance in the end

It is possibly true God doesnt all the time fully explain His actions to anyone, but if like Abraham, who God considered to be His friend, He is willing to explain to you if you ask. If God explains with a friend, how much more wouldnt He explain to His son/daughter

Without needing to retort to this unneccessary rhetoric, this however is 110% true, I give you that.

God didnt declare Himself as God of Adam, because Adam and his act of disobedience was not something influenced nor encouraged by God

Now, fyi, you three musketeers ichuka, anas09 and paxonel are not sticking to OP's premise and the original context about why does God not specifically declare Himself as the God of Adam but declares Himself particularly as the God Of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob etcetera?
Hi bro
Long time
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by paxonel(m): 9:32am On Jul 24, 2022
paxonel:
Who says God did not declare that he was God of Adam?
by giving Adam instruction on what to do and Adam obeyed, what do you call that, man to man relationship?
you mean, i actually made this comment in response to the op's question?

wow! what was i thinking then? grin
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by tctrills: 10:20am On Jul 24, 2022
ichuka:
Why does God not declare himself as the God of Adam? For we know that Abraham sinned even as Adam did. Why then did He not call himself the God of Adam? Why did He not say the God of Abel, the seed of Adam? Why instead did He call himself the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob? Why according to the flesh was our Lord Jesus presented in the New Testament as having been born of the seed of Abraham? Why from among all men should God have called himself the God of these three particular persons?
Abraham is also the seed of Adam as we all are. While we don't know his reasons because he did not explain we can only guess and personal, I would not share my opinion as Gospel truths.
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by ichuka(m): 12:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
tctrills:
Abraham is also the seed of Adam as we all are. While we don't know his reasons because he did not explain we can only guess and personal, I would not share my opinion as Gospel truths.
Please do share yours we learn everyday
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by ichuka(m): 12:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
paxonel:
you mean, i actually made this comment in response to the op's question?

wow! what was i thinking then? grin
� Lol
We grow daily

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by tctrills: 12:54pm On Jul 24, 2022
ichuka:

Please do share yours we learn everyday
When it comes to gospel truth I think it's wrong to spread personal opinion because some could end up taking it as revealed truths.
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by ichuka(m): 8:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
tctrills:

When it comes to gospel truth I think it's wrong to spread personal opinion because some could end up taking it as revealed truths.
Bro I get your drift.
But there's nothing personal here.
Because The scriptures quoted are not personal.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2022
After Adam's downfall all other faithful humans lived each by his conscience and God approved them for keeping the golden rule {Matthew 7:12} but when it comes to Abraham God made a covenant with him regarding the establishment of pure worship which comes with unpalatable prerequisites!
Before Abraham could gain God's favour and inherit the promise:
©He must live his comfort zone which is the world trade center of his time to a destination he doesn't know.
©Get circumcised at his old age, and all males traveling going him must do the same.
©Prove to be faithful to a God he only knew by voice but hasn't done anything for him except the promises which to any layman is not certain.
©He must start living in tents from one location to another while moving to an unknown destination.
©He must remain virtuous despite all these inconveniences.

Then this voice promised him that Abraham will become the father of nations though he's growing older by the day and his wife has reached her menopause.
So Abraham must TRUST (BELIEVE) this voice even when it's evidently impossible for all the promises to come through. Then his wife got fed up and offered Abraham her maid perhaps to test and see who really is the cause of their childlessness then voila! The maid got pregnant for Abraham and Abraham felt the promised child has arrived but this voice came again telling Abraham that's not the promised child rather it's his old wife that's going to bear the child {Genesis 17:18-21} then Sarah got pregnant at last and gave birth to Isaac and insisted that the other child along with the mother should be sent away but this voice called Abraham again demanding that Abraham should kill his only remaining son as a sacrifice to strengthen their friendship!
Abraham took Isaac and was prepared to do as this voice said.

Well right from the time of Abel till then there has not been anyone who proved to be faithful and loyal completely like this man, no wonder the Bible declared Abraham the father of all those having faith {Roman 4:9-11} and the first person to be called God's friend! James 2:23

Isaac and Jacob both followed the footstep of their father (Abraham) that's why the true God often calls Himself the God of Abraham, God of Isaac and God of Jacob {Exodus 3:6} throughout human history there has never been a time when a family wholeheartedly put faith in God the same way these three men did.

Jesus of Nazareth confirmed that although Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are all in their graves but the true God can't wait to bring them back to life due to their unwavering faith! Luke 20:37-38

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by ichuka(m): 3:50am On Jul 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
After Adam's downfall all other faithful humans lived each by his conscience and God approved them for keeping the golden rule {Matthew 7:12} but when it comes to Abraham God made a covenant with him regarding the establishment of pure worship which comes with unpalatable prerequisites!
Before Abraham could gain God's favour and inherit the promise:
©He must live his comfort zone which is the world trade center of his time to a destination he doesn't know.
©Get circumcised at his old age, and all males traveling going him must do the same.
©Prove to be faithful to a God he only knew by voice but hasn't done anything for him except the promises which to any layman is not certain.
©He must start living in tents from one location to another while moving to an unknown destination.
©He must remain virtuous despite all these inconveniences.

Then this voice promised him that Abraham will become the father of nations though he's growing older by the day and his wife has reached her menopause.
So Abraham must TRUST (BELIEVE) this voice even when it's evidently impossible for all the promises to come through. Then his wife got fed up and offered Abraham her maid perhaps to test and see who really is the cause of their childlessness then voila! The maid got pregnant for Abraham and Abraham felt the promised child has arrived but this voice came again telling Abraham that's not the promised child rather it's his old wife that's going to bear the child {Genesis 17:18-21} then Sarah got pregnant at last and gave birth to Isaac and insisted that the other child along with the mother should be sent away but this voice called Abraham again demanding that Abraham should kill his only remaining son as a sacrifice to strengthen their friendship!
Abraham took Isaac and was prepared to do as this voice said.

Well right from the time of Abel till then there has not been anyone who proved to be faithful and loyal completely like this man, no wonder the Bible declared Abraham the father of all those having faith {Roman 4:9-11} and the first person to be called God's friend! James 2:23

Isaac and Jacob both followed the footstep of their father (Abraham) that's why the true God often calls Himself the God of Abraham, God of Isaac and God of Jacob {Exodus 3:6} throughout human history there has never been a time when a family wholeheartedly put faith in God the same way these three men did.

Jesus of Nazareth confirmed that although Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are all in their graves but the true God can't wait to bring them back to life due to their unwavering faith! Luke 20:37-38

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
God bless you too bro
smiley cheesy
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:44pm On Jul 25, 2022
ichuka:

God bless you too bro
smiley cheesy
Amen in Jesus name, just saw this yesterday since 2019 that you've posted it! smiley
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by Maynnmann: 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2022
Because yahweh is not, he is only the god of the israelite, his father El is the god of adam and noah.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by ichuka(m): 10:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Amen in Jesus name, just saw this yesterday since 2019 that you've posted it! smiley
That's one lovely thing about the scripture and the things of God.
Always alife
Take care bro

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by Anas09: 9:26pm On Sep 30, 2022
MuttleyLaff:
Nwanne, hi, long time. The reason is because as you know, the word God, is synonymous with "influential power". God influenced Abram when he told Abram to leave his country, his relatives and his father's house to a place He would show him, and Abram obeyed. Adam when he disobeyed God's word, didn't do so under the influence of God. So therefore, gets himself disqualified from having God seeing Himself, as the God of Adam. Its just as simple as that. If further illumination is needed please don't hesitate to ask
Hello big bro. Good to see your moniker again. Just decided to look in here. I met some good guys here that I wished I had their contacts outside here. You are one of those guys
How have you been? God bless
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by knowingChrist(m): 7:33am On Oct 01, 2022
This is a beautiful write up Max and I must say, I learned from it. However, let's remain within the word in our knowledge pls.

I do not know where people usually saw Satan in the bible but I'm sure they are not looking at the bible or relying on the wisdom of God when they speak of the Satan they usually talk about in the Christian society.

Adam was the source of refusal to obey God, he was the beginning of men doing their own thing and being contemptuous to God. Like you said, some men struggled to obey God while others (Adam, Cain etc) totally refused to obey God and submit to his authority and this is why God doesn't say he's their God.

Abraham is the beginning of the covenant for salvation so when God says I'm God of Abraham, he's only saying I'm God who gave the covenant of salvation.

He is NOT the God of the dead but of the living! Luke 20:38

All those who have alienated themselves from God are DEAD spiritually speaking {Matthew 8:22} Satan is the first, followed by Even and Adam, then a host of other angels and humans also joined Satan in the rebellion. All these are God's children, whether human or angels but destruction awaits them all. Job 1:6

From his memory book their names can't be found {Hebrew 11:4-32} that's why he(God) speaks of himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. These ones struggled to remain loyal to him until death. Jesus also spoke that this our God is his own God as well {John 20:17compared to Luke 23:46}, because Jesus remained faithful to his God until death! John 19:30

Of course God also have individuals who aren't Jews in his memory book e.g Job {Job 1:1}, but when speaking with Israelites he often mention names familiar to them. You can't expect him to start listing the names of all those in his memory book. That's why he made sure that the good deeds of those he cherished were documented in the Bible so you and i can examine anyone from what was written about Abraham Isaac and Jacob. Whoever lived a virtuous life like these ones are well kept in his mind for resurrection! 2Chronicles 16:9a

But as for Adam, Eve, Cain, Nimrod and other evildoers, they're gone as in GONE FOR GOOD as their names can't be found anywhere in God's memory ~ The Book Of Life! Revelations 20:15

God bless you! smiley
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by Steep: 9:47am On Oct 01, 2022
ichuka:

But He also entered a covenant with Noah after the flood
Gen9:17..New American Standard Bible
And God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth."

The covenant God made with Abraham is unique because God was going to raise a nation that would be called by his name.
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2022
knowingChrist:
This is a beautiful write up Max and I must say, I learned from it. However, let's remain within the word in our knowledge pls.

I do not know where people usually saw Satan in the bible but I'm sure they are not looking at the bible or relying on the wisdom of God when they speak of the Satan they usually talk about in the Christian society.

Adam was the source of refusal to obey God, he was the beginning of men doing their own thing and being contemptuous to God. Like you said, some men struggled to obey God while others (Adam, Cain etc) totally refused to obey God and submit to his authority and this is why God doesn't say he's their God.

Abraham is the beginning of the covenant for salvation so when God says I'm God of Abraham, he's only saying I'm God who gave the covenant of salvation.

Satan is a real person but let's leave that for now and concentrate on the topic of discussion.
From God's standpoint Adam and many others who are rebellious have died just like Abraham Isaac and Jacob but God kept the names of all obedient people in a record for their remembrance {Job 14:13-15} as for Adam and others who were rebellious God has disown them {Deuteronomy 32:5} so they will forever routine in their graves {Psalms 9:17} that's why Jesus referred to some people as walking corpse {Luke 9:60} because they have no record with God {Luke 12:21} but as for all those in God's memory book they are all living from God's standpoint because they will be raised from the dead! Luke 20:38

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by ichuka(m): 7:05am On Oct 02, 2022
Steep:

The covenant God made with Abraham is unique because God was going to raise a nation that would be called by his name.
Yes that's true

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by ichuka(m): 7:08am On Oct 02, 2022
Anas09:

Hello big bro. Good to see your moniker again. Just decided to look in here. I met some good guys here that I wished I had their contacts outside here. You are one of those guys
How have you been? God bless
Hi bro he's a great guy we need more of his here.
These section is getting too cold
Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by Steep: 7:10am On Oct 02, 2022
ichuka:

Yes that's true
good to see you bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Not Declare Himself As The God Of Adam? by knowingChrist(m): 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2022
Like I said Max, you did a good job with the writhing again, your narration was beautiful even though you just took some of the verse out of context but it's fine.

However, my bone of contention with you is in your idea of Satan, you totally assumed everything you said about him and I was just calling ur attention to that..

The bible made it clear that Adam refused to obey God or submit to his authority and he was not deceived but the Christian society reject this biblical truth to project an idea that Adam did not refuse to obey God, he was just deceived.

Yet, the bible makes it every clear that Adam was not deceived nor was there anyone in the Garden of Eden save Adam and Eve. In fact, the bible makes it clear that Garden of Eden was created after Adam was had been created and Adam was made Lord of the Garden.

This is why I said we should endeavor to let our wisdom be within the word of God so we don't create a good narrative that's suits our mind but totally goes against scriptures.

Thank you for replying me sir, God bless you. Amen!

MaxInDHouse:

Satan is a real person but let's leave that for now and concentrate on the topic of discussion.
From God's standpoint Adam and many others who are rebellious have died just like Abraham Isaac and Jacob but God kept the names of all obedient people in a record for their remembrance {Job 14:13-15} as for Adam and others who were rebellious God has disown them {Deuteronomy 32:5} so they will forever routine in their graves {Psalms 9:17} that's why Jesus referred to some people as walking corpse {Luke 9:60} because they have no record with God {Luke 12:21} but as for all those in God's memory book they are all living from God's standpoint because they will be raised from the dead! Luke 20:38

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can We Tell Which Religion Is Right? / If You Saw A unclothed burnt half dead man On The Road, What Would You Do ? / Touch Not Mine Anointed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.