Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,426 members, 7,781,244 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:11 AM

Finding True Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finding True Love (509 Views)

Finding True Love Here Is Impossible / Female Sailors: Despite Our Good Looks, Salaries, It Is Tough Finding True Love / Finding true love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finding True Love by germainediva(f): 5:22am On Sep 28, 2019
What is Love?

This is a question that has been explored by philosophers and poets, and almost everyone else as well, for as long as humans have been around.

Love can be defined as a strong bond between people. There are many types of love: brotherly love, motherly love, love for pets, love for activities or places, and everyone's favorite- romantic love. The purpose of this article is to focus solely on romantic love between two people. Romantic love will be defined as a profoundly tender, passionate for another, including sexual desire and passion. Dictionary. com separates the first part and the sexual part. I found this interesting. Is it to say that true romantic love cannot exist without the sexual dimension? I think it can, especially when the couple may not physically be able to make love. But the sexual part takes the emotional, psychological and spiritual love to another level; the physiological level. Sex alone though is not love. This should be obvious. It can be the thing that makes you smile in the morning or the thing that makes you cry at night. A deep, true love can be something that is bigger than obsession, a deeper connection with another human being in which we can share our whole selves with the other person; our likes and dislikes, passions, fears, memories (happy and sad), dreams, and spend quality time with each other.

STEPS TO FINDING TRUE LOVE
1. BE POSITIVE
2. IMPROVE YOUR SELF
3. MEET PEOPLE
4. BE PROATIVE
5. BE PATIENT
6. BE OPEN MINDED..LOVE CAN HAPPEN ANYWHERE
Re: Finding True Love by Wantedmiller: 5:25am On Sep 28, 2019
Am still searching
Re: Finding True Love by Happyguy201: 5:26am On Sep 28, 2019
true love doesnt exit . only between a mother and a child . the rest na fake love , if you doubt me just pretend your broke for a week or 2 she will start nagging and complaining then you will see that money is true love no matter how small it is

2 Likes

Re: Finding True Love by germainediva(f): 5:59am On Sep 28, 2019
true love exist...dont give upon love....its a beautiful thing

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love by 24kmagic: 7:47am On Sep 28, 2019
There's nothing like through love other than the one that exists between a mother and a child.
You said it yourself "improve yourself". If I have to improve myself academically, socially, physically, spiritually etc to find a girlfriend, then I don't think that's true love.
This goes to show you that someone cannot just love you like that.

What people are looking for in who they want to love these days are height, money, degrees, good in bed, exposure, etc. If you need all these to consider a person's proposal, then it's not true love.

I don't think compatibility equates to true love, because that's what many people are looking for.

I will only believe in true love when I see a girl that will love me because I'm a human being, not because I have a degree and all that.
True love existed, during the time of our parents, but not anymore.
What we have now is conditional love.
Times have changed.

Bottom line is nothing like true love
Re: Finding True Love by Nmezor(f): 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2019
Well said OP
Re: Finding True Love by Baller93(m): 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2019
Still searching ........

(1) (Reply)

Can You Date A Girl For 1 Year Without Sex? / 54 Cute Words To Say To Your Friend, Wife Or Husband / Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.