Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? (53945 Views)

Top 5 Worst Governor’s In Nigeria 2021-2022 / The Worst Governor In Nigeria Claim Hot Water Damaged The Road He Built In 1 Yea / Yahaya Bello Leads In Worst Governor Poll On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Edipet(m): 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2019
All of the above

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by plaindealer: 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
KingOdart:

Sanwo Olu that haven't spend a year in office

Less than 4 months in office.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by REDshouse(m): 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2019
Sanwo oku ..lagos state governor has gone to a very deep sleep...pls do not wake him up...they have put lagos on auto pilot....
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by abraham01emma01: 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2019
If you say worst is like you are rating Kogi Governor, Governor yeye below higher than his performance. In any aspects of development either physical or human, he has nothing to write home about . I rated him to 1% among the Governors, meaning he took last.
Oh God deliver us(kogites) from GYB come 16th November 2019
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2019
Baselm:

I am sure it's not even close, just that it is difficult to explain in words. In Kogi, a director committed suicide because his wife put to bed,can you beat that? No salary, no pension

Na wah oh. I've been to Kogi a good number of times. And have a lot of close friends from Kogi as well and they can confirm that it's bad.

Hopefully God will touch their hearts in those 2 states oh.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by ehiski: 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2019
Dim08:
Sanwo Olu is the worst Governor Lagos has ever had. He may not be the worst governor in Nigeria but based on past administrators of Lagos state.

All hail Sanwo Olu, the Worst Governor Lagos State Ever Had
I totally agree with you on this he can be considered the worst governor in the country based on the resources at his disposal and he gat no iota of ideas of what to do with it. He may be the best Facebook governor
The second on my list is Ogun state Governor Dapo Abiodun who doesn't even understand what is governance the two states are currently on reverse gear as the two governors may go down in history as the worst ever in their respective states.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by abuhari: 3:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
You all forget north western part of our country, were in security already be part of government. Some state refuse already make hills on their main road, no streets light no water,no security No no no they plenty ooooooo. The state governor doing nothing on this.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 3:19pm On Sep 29, 2019
timesup234:
My governor Okowa is a disaster to mankind

To mankind? Is he worse than Bello or Ikpeazu?

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
abuhari:
You all forget north western part of our country, were in security already be part of government. Some state refuse already make hills on their main road, no streets light no water,no security No no no they plenty ooooooo. The state governor doing nothing on this.

Drop some names na. Kaduna and Kano are not as bad as some of the states being discussed here.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Originalsly: 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
swaggerific:

Are you envisioning a Cersie-walk-of-shame (Game of Thrones) type of shaming? They should really be doing more.

And for beating them abroad, they can easily get the government of that country to provide security throughout their travels and we won't do anything about it. And I don't even think thats a good way of solving the problem because we've tried violence as a way of solving our problems in Nigeria before and it hasn't worked.

Get which government abroad to provide security? Only like at the UN General Assembly do they get security..... security taking them to the UN... and back to the hotel. Other than that... they ride around in Uber or their ordinary embassy vehicle.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by damola14(m): 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
Do your own rating let us see
Validated:

These are still unverified assumptions. Did you measure all the states on these parameters? NO! So, your personal opinion becomes a basis for adjudging states? See attached states allocation for July and see how states ranked. Then you would be in position to check what each state received and what you estimate they could have dome with it and how they are faring.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by xxolisexx(m): 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
Delta is the worst, compared with the allocation given to delta, okowa and the previous governors are all disaster..
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by plaindealer: 3:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
ehiski:

I totally agree with you on this he can be considered the worst governor in the country based on the resources at his disposal and he gat no iota of ideas of what to do with it. He may be the best Facebook governor
The second on my list is Ogun state Governor Dapo Abiodun who doesn't even understand what is governance the two states are currently on reverse gear as the two governors may go down in history as the worst ever in their respective states.

How much is this resources that you people reference all the time?

$3 billion budget for 20 million people to run the state civil service from ministries to agencies, build schools, build hospitals, waste management, complete ongoing major project, pay bills, pay vendors and suppliers and build thousands of damaged roads and so on and on?

Their budget in New York with comparable population and already developed infrastructures is $175 billion.

The problem is not the governor, it's lack of funds do tackle the all the issues on the ground.

I do't even see the sense in judging a less than 4 months administration based on anything.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Askhalid: 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2019
the worst governor ever is Arch. Darius Dickson of Taraba State , he has nothing to show as a governor only incite hatred among his subjects leading to lost of life's and properties.

shame! Shame!! Shame!!! to you Mr Cucumber
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by ademoladeji(m): 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2019
swaggerific:

This should help shine more light on my stated opinion. Okezie Ikpeazu has proven time and again that he doesn't know what he's doing.

In my grading system below, 1 is the lowest and 10 is the highest.

The role of state governments in Nigeria Grade
1 Security of its citizens and resultant properties 1/10
2 Provision of basic public utilities/amenities 1/10
3 Creation of an appropriate environment for economic growth 1/10
4 Ensuring our educational system is sound (Primary all the way to univ level 1/10
5 Establishment of health care facilities 1/10
6 Increasing state revenue generation and using it well 1/10
7 Maintaining state roads and setting up means of administrating local roads 1/10
8 Passing proper regulations to safe guard investments or its citizens 1/10

Ikpeazu is synonymous to Sanwo-Olu
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 3:34pm On Sep 29, 2019
Originalsly:

Get which government abroad to provide security? Only like at the UN General Assembly do they get security..... security taking them to the UN... and back to the hotel. Other than that... they ride around in Uber or their ordinary embassy vehicle.

I think the US has a service to protect foreign leaders visiting the US. However I think you might be right in that they don't protect the non-heads of state.

I don't want to get lost in the security/no security back and forth, my point is that we shouldn't resort to violence abroad to solve this problem..

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Danwakae(m): 3:39pm On Sep 29, 2019
swaggerific:

Security situation:

All of those things are the responsibilities of the state in Nigeria. The state governors also gets the title of " Chief Security Officer of the State". We don't have state police in Nigeria but the governors have commissioners of police who they can work with to improve the security situation of their states.

Education:

Primary, secondary and Abia state university is under Abia state control. So is Kogi institutions. How is that Buhari's fault that your governor can't perform?

Paying salaries:

Abia and Kogi owe a lot of money in salaries. Common salaries. Pensions and gratuity is not even included in this oh. They don't treat the retired civil servants well at all. Shame!

Bro , U need to learn , that's why we are all here..

The Gov. is NOT the CSO of his state because the the CP reports and take orders from the IG. Even if all the state is burning and the Gov calls the CP, without getting directive from the IG of police, there will be no response to the Gov's calls...it has happened in Lagos, Plateau, Zamafara, Benue, Taraba...name them, forget about insecurity for any state, even in the SouthWest all the states are comming together to solve the insecurity challenges because its beyond a state alone and seems not to caught the attention of the fed govt yet u r here blaming one Gov. . I ve never been to the southeast in my life, and apart from the Python dance, to me, Abia is more safer than Enugu and Ebonyi always in the national dailies for one security issue or the other and I can't blame the Gov because it's a national issue just thesame way I won't blame Gov Zulum of Borno and Matawalle of Zamafara...

In Education , please name any federal primary, secondary, tertiary institution that is doing well , even more than a state even with the amount of money from fed govt ...
Education is a national issue in Nigeria, don't blame those state capitalizing on it... KOGI, Benue, Ekitit , Ondo, OSUN, all got BAIL OUT, but yet are still oweing before and after bail out...who should we blame

Can u pay huge amount for a service and did't get it and yet u fail to take action against those involve ??, Even when u have all the powers to get back ur money ??..

Nigeria is something else despite the blessings with resources...

If Federal works, States must surely work...sip it.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 3:42pm On Sep 29, 2019
plaindealer:

How much is this resources that you people reference all the time?

$3 billion budget for 20 million people to run the state civil service from ministries to agencies, build schools, build hospitals, waste management, complete ongoing major project, pay bills, pay vendors and suppliers and build thousands of damaged roads and so on and on?

Their budget in New York with comparable population and already developed infrastructures is $175 billion.

The problem is not the governor, it's lack of funds do tackle the all the issues on the ground.

I do't even see the sense in judging a less than 4 months administration based on anything.

Well, the governor can work to increase the internally generated revenue and continue working. If he boosts the states economy enough, he can generate more revenue from taxing corporation, employees, and taxes on other activities in the state. So yes, the governor might not be the only problem but they can and should be solving the issues we are discussing here.

Be nice na, you shouldn't compare NY to any state in Nigeria. Maybe Lagos?. Haba In NY, they have a different problem. We are in completely different stages of growth so $3 Billion will probably go a long way for us than $3 Billion there because the incremental improvement per dollar is high here.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Beat123(f): 3:45pm On Sep 29, 2019
Udom
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2019
Abia state is the worst.T A orji was bad now ikpeazu is worse, he is totally confused he thinks Abia money is for him and his friends.they are using the excuse that the economy is bad and be looting blaming buhari .education is totally bad, health care bad the roads are now worse and won't pay salaries my people are really suffering.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2019
Danwakae:

Bro , U need to learn , that's why we are all here..

The Gov. is NOT the CSO of his state because the the CP reports and take orders from the IG. Even if all the state is burning and the Gov calls the CP, without getting directive from the IG of police, there will be no response to the Gov's calls...it has happened in Lagos, Plateau, Zamafara, Benue, Taraba...name them, forget about insecurity for any state, even in the SouthWest all the states are comming together to solve the insecurity challenges because its beyond a state alone and seems not to caught the attention of the fed govt yet u r here blaming one Gov. . I ve never been to the southeast in my life, and apart from the Python dance, to me, Abia is more safer than Enugu and Ebonyi always in the national dailies for one security issue or the other and I can't blame the Gov because it's a national issue just thesame way I won't blame Gov Zulum of Borno and Matawalle of Zamafara...

In Education , please name any federal primary, secondary, tertiary institution that is doing well , even more than a state even with the amount of money from fed govt ...
Education is a national issue in Nigeria, don't blame those state capitalizing on it... KOGI, Benue, Ekitit , Ondo, OSUN, all got BAIL OUT, but yet are still oweing before and after bail out...who should we blame

Can u pay huge amount for a service and did't get it and yet u fail to take action against those involve ??, Even when u have all the powers to get back ur money ??..

Nigeria is something else despite the blessings with resources...

If Federal works, States must surely work...sip it.

I think we have completely different views on the governors role. So in your view, what is the governor's job if he shouldn't really be too concerned with education, security, healthcare or economy since the situation in Nigeria is bad to begin with?

They should just share the allocation and go home?
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Xixabella(f): 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2019
KADUNA GOV
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by zincnike(m): 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2019
Okezie ikpeazu is d worst governor . no road no infrastructure, no security ,for UMUAHIA presently everyone is living in fear of arm rubbers .go to aba u will cry for aba people ,potholes dy for abia state government house road UMUAHIA is very dirty mtchew make I see any human loyalist wey go kum here to defend him
Make dat person house be rule the way abia state is been ruled
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Usssy: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
The worst governor so far in the history of Nigeria is Abubakar Sani Bello Of Niger State.
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Legendguru: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2019
All
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Charlesedet: 4:18pm On Sep 29, 2019
Com to Cross River u will know my Gov n his govt is a digital one, his administration is run online likewise his projects, super highway, super deep seaport, Rice mill, rice farm, toothpick factory, cocoa factory, and d most laudable is d spaghetti flyover, a flyover wher d road is a dead trap, his absence in the state proofs dat we voted him for a state in either Asia or Europe, only come home to share the allocation and Jets out.

So Abia or kogi state Gov cnt steal Ben Ayade's spot

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Enyimbamercedes: 4:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
Yahaya Bello
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by swaggerific: 4:36pm On Sep 29, 2019
So I made an online poll for it! We should make sure the winning governor gets the award.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KG5GCW3

Goodluck voting!
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by ibietela2(m): 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2019
ALL OF THEM
Re: Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? by Okoronkwow(m): 4:39pm On Sep 29, 2019
Number 11..... That is Ebonyi state governor.The illiteracy is too much.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Inexperienced Boy Owns Private Jet Under Buhari – Sanusi / Wike Arrived At National Assembly For Ministerial Screening / "City Boy" Rally In Abuja As Youths Campaign For Tinubu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.