Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? (39235 Views)

What Apartment Should A Guy Have Before Wedding? / See Cute Picture Of Newly Wedded Couple And Their Bride's Maid. / Couple Who Wedded In Lagos Enjoy Their Honeymoon In The Village (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by somehow: 2:59pm On Sep 29, 2019
ednut1:
dem never include how much parents spent na grin. As for me i prefer to do court here use the remaining money go flex with my wife abroad
Na their palava be that
na wetin you spend be koko
wetin parents spend no dey ur budget

1 Like

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by ednut1(m): 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
somehow:
How is #700k for hall average?
#200k for design average?

dey there make biabia wear you
500 to 700 is what i said
Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by Skmoda(m): 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2019
ednut1:
the last wedding i went for in abule egba last year naso dem spend. So give us tips
Firstly, you don't necessarily need to get an expensive hall, open giant tent is ok and you will get your decoration fixed just like it's done in the hall....

Secondly, you could even do open grass wedding during dry season in an hotel that has an open field in the evening...you won't pay more than 20k or 40k max for rentage, decoration fees including Chauvari chairs, flowers( Mat flower and cherry blossom flower)100 to 200k (100 chairs) if you want more depending on your pocket. Finally, the rest will go into caterer and other things ....from that 1m you will still buy your 35k suit and bridal gown 40 to 50k it might be lesser depending on the maker......so plan well bro.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by Mustack: 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2019
Dreew:
Two bedroom cos...

1. Your mother in law, your mum or any family member will come around to assist in caring for your baby. You don't want them sleeping in the parlour, it's not right.

2. Your wife will give birth to your first child shortly after so you'll need the extra room.

3. Before you knew it, your infant will become a toddler. You don't want to be doing kerewa while your child is asleep. It's a NO-NO.

If you're on a low budget, then your option is mini flat. In that case:

- Try to get a thick mattress to be put in the sitting room. Your guest shouldn't be made to sleep on a sofa. Also get a mosquito net that fits the mattress. ( Guest's comfortability is of utmost importance)

Note: never ever ffuckkk in the same bed your child sleeps in. You can do it in the parlour or even in the kitchen

My bro na how much person go fit get this one.
Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by skywalker240(m): 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
Jokerman:

You are right though... Let's say at least 2m... No put fear for guys mind coz na we dey bear the brunt
omo i don dey fear since.

for me, i cant even spend 600k on marraige (am not in lagos)

but i just cant imagine wasting such amount on a 1 day occasion,

abeg if 300k no carry both white and trad, make dem go marry dem pikin.

and as for you op, i have a seen a man marreid and with 1 kid still staying in a 1 room (kitchen, toilet and bathroom public) for almost 9years

must your relative come and visit you?

Abeg do what you feel you're financially ok with.

That man i talked about has already roofed his house.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by ednut1(m): 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2019
Skmoda:

Firstly, you don't necessarily need to get an expensive hall, open giant tent is ok and you will get your decoration fixed just like it's done in the hall....

Secondly, you could even do open grass wedding during dry season in an hotel that has an open field in the evening...you won't pay more than 20k or 40k max for rentage, decoration fees including Chauvari chairs, flowers( Mat flower and cherry blossom flower)100 to 200k (100 chairs) if you want more depending on your pocket. Finally, the rest will go into caterer and other things ....from that 1m you will still buy your 35k suit and bridal gown 40 to 50k it might be lesser depending on the maker......so plan well bro.
true. The koko is getting a wife wey get sense. Her family and your too is there they may not agree open wedding. I weak

1 Like

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by Skmoda(m): 3:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
ednut1:
true. The koko is getting a wife wey get sense. Her family and your too is there they may not agree open wedding. I weak
Try and use your Instagram to check on open grass wedding and show it to your fiancée...you will be shocked at how she will be happy.... It's what I'm planning to do during my own time and she has agreed ......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by somehow: 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2019
ednut1:
500 to 700 is what i said

#80k-#220k rented hall for these 3 weddings with sitting capacities ranging from 200 to 350.

#200k is a fair average

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2019
izzou:
angry

No be you get your pocket? grin

Check your account balance and ask again
Dem fit use dis ur sense build 3rd Niger bridge cheesy

5 Likes

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by izzou(m): 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2019
BeeBeeOoh:
Dem fit use dis ur sense build 3rd Niger bridge cheesy

grin

Where you dey since? You scarce
Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2019
obonujoker:
Please I need advice

I and my better half would be tying the knots soon and we are trying to secure an apartment as a newly wedded couple

Please what kind of apartment would be preferable

1 room self contain
Room + parlour self contain (1 bedroom mini flat)
2 bedroom flat

Thanks for your responses and reasons

That's a function of your pocket.

Congratulations in advance.

2 Likes

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by dre11(m): 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2019
obonujoker:
Please I need advice

I and my better half would be tying the knots soon and we are trying to secure an apartment as a newly wedded couple

1 room self contain
2 bedroom flat

the city you stay will determine which kind of accommodation you should get....

also your income too will play a great role

2 Likes

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by Royalfurnitures: 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2019
It all depends on one"s financial capacity, but mini flat is ok

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices
Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by mrwonlasewonie: 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2019
Dreew:
Two bedroom cos...

1. Your mother in law, your mum or any family member will come around to assist in caring for your baby. You don't want them sleeping in the parlour, it's not right.

2. Your wife will give birth to your first child shortly after so you'll need the extra room.

3. Before you knew it, your infant will become a toddler. You don't want to be doing kerewa while your child is asleep. It's a NO-NO.

If you're on a low budget, then your option is mini flat. In that case:

- Try to get a thick mattress to be put in the sitting room. Your guest shouldn't be made to sleep on a sofa. Also get a mosquito net that fits the mattress. ( Guest's comfortability is of utmost importance)

Note: never ever ffuckkk in the same bed your child sleeps in. You can do it in the parlour or even in the kitchen
why can't they fok in the same room the child is in? Kilowanbe?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by KIDfurniture(m): 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2019
4 bedrooms ...lekki area is the best...or Chevron estate

4 Likes

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by KingOfAllIgbos: 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2019
1 bedroom ... no parlour.

1. You would discourage visitors

2. Save money.

3. Fvck the nonsense out of yourselves.

Newton's law of motion says " the closer the reactants... the more the likelihood of a reaction" ..... or something like that. undecided

15 Likes

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by pocohantas(f): 3:53pm On Sep 29, 2019
izzou:
angry

No be you get your pocket? grin

Check your account balance and ask again

Abi o. Me wan say serviced apartment

1 Like

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by Freka(m): 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2019
Lol what nonsense. Family house ? ��� go back to 1800 please
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Congrats on your forthcoming wedding.
Please keep living were you are already living now.

You don't need an apartment in your early stage of marriage maybe till you start having kids unless you want to impress your wife and her family in which case is an unfortunate faulty start.

Move her to stay with your family so they can bring out the wife in her.

Most of today's ladies are ill-trained and you need her to bond with your family because you don't want a wife who'd never visit your people if you are unfortunate to die before her.

4 Likes

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by AmazingELixir: 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
grin

OP pocket size apartment best suits a newly wed...no go run into debt because you wan impress your new wife and your in laws ooh.

Besides nogo rent apartment wey inlaws go come full house come choke you oo.

Thank me later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by peacefulhome(f): 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2019
Mr man, get accommodation within your financial capacity. You are not running race with any married or yet to be man fellow. In a nut shell, there is no law stating the kind of accommodation that a couple must live in.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by Zombiekiller010: 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2019
It depends on the property & income you have
If you already have everything needed in sitting room, you'll need to rent a 2 bedroom flat, a room for you and your wife, sitting room, and a room for visitor( incase any of your family or inlaw visit you especially when your wife give birth)
Your income matters, don't do pass yourself

2 Likes

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by Tundeobama(m): 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2019
Corporate men wears pant trousers and shirt for 2k they are Europe designers quality and affordable.click my profile to check my whatapps number.delivered in all part of Nigeria
Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by Funkybabee(f): 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2019
you guys should contact us for your wedding planning..

we will make it for you at your own level.

you just party and we plan
Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by brainhgeek(m): 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2019
obonujoker:
Please I need advice

1 room self contain
2 bedroom flat

Get two bedrooms. Your mother or mother inlaw might come around especially when your wife gives birth. You can't ask them to sleep in the sitting room.
However, nobody is anybody's better half. You are not half a man and she is not half a woman let alone you being a your better half. Im sure you don't have a worst half. You both are two whole compatible persons

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by Amonbi75: 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2019
2 bedroom is ok

1 Like

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by Enemyofpeace: 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2019
Mumu question. You too just wan do thread for nairaland like sey you no get married people or friends for your area.

1 Like

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by tosyne2much(m): 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2019
I think it has to do with financial capacity but I think starting from a room and parlor sef is okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by ikwedim(m): 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2019
Stay where you are until she get Belle. And two, shine your eyes not to father someone child

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by nams77: 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2019
somehow:

na only u dey lagos wed? must you rent #700k hall?

deco #200k? wetin happen? ask d right people questions and meet the people.

If you dull for lag or do big man, you go buy one mango for #500
Better oil dey ur head. There are cheaper halls joor. Don't know about lagos, but in Warri , couple of years ago, my niece got a hall for 30-50k. Not your flashy and paradise kind of stuff. Just hall.
I told her that wedding is just a days event but marriage continues. No go use money wey una go take survive for one year take do marriage o, body go tell you later.
All this little children forming posh and throwing themselves into debt

Las las na like 600-700k dem take run every grin

3 Likes

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by Jhamzy(m): 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2019
obonujoker:
Please I need advice

1 room self contain
2 bedroom flat

Well, when it comes to issues like accommodation, I usually advise people never to rent any apartment that will require more than one or one + quarter of their monthly salary (if you are a salary earner) to pay.
I have been doing it while I was in Nigeria, it helped alot. Even where I am, I still pay for my Mum back home.
So bro, it's mainly about your budget and not your taste. Thanks...

2 Likes

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by SaintHilary(m): 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2019
Offpoint:
I think Adam was the luckiest man on earth....

grin grin grin
Many people wont understand this cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? by webngnews: 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2019
Self contain. Keep family away first and save up get a small piece of land from both salaries and start building even if is a 2 bedroom house start small

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help! I'm Emotionally Wrecked! / Lady Gushes Over Boyfriend's Marriage Proposal On Christmas Day (Photos) / My Girlfriend's Choir Master Is Always Visiting Her, What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.