Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

18-year-old Dies After Abortion - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 18-year-old Dies After Abortion (1240 Views)

Pregnant Woman Dies After Marathon Sex With Strange Lover / Unarmed 18 Year Old Black Boy, Michael Brown Was Shot Six Times, Autopsy Reveals / Photo – Doctor Caught On Camera Defiling Women During Abortion In Theatre Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

18-year-old Dies After Abortion by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 03, 2010
Homicide detectives at Panti, Yaba, have began investigation into the death of a teenager, Uju Onwuzuruigbe, who allegedly died from complications arising from an unsafe abortion.

Miss Onwuzuruigbe, 18, bled to death on October 22 at her parents’ house at Shuribu, in Ajangbadi, few days after an auxiliary nurse, identified as Joy Temi, performed an abortion for her. Her parents reported the matter to the police; and subsequently her lover, Peter Chukwunakwe, and the nurse were arrested.

The victim’s mother told her story. “Uju be my daughter and she is the fifth child wen I born, dem plenty wen I get,” she said. “But on the 22nd, she come home tell me her mama say her belly dey pain her. She come say make her I give her hot water to drink. As she drink and she still dey cry, dey roll for bed say her belly still dey pain her. I come ask her say wetin happen she say na stomach, but around 5.30 am she come dey shake say she wan die. I tell her say she no go die make she tell me wetin happen. Na so she come confess say, ‘mama, I don do you bad, na belly I remove.’ She tell me about the nurse, na so I come hear about wetin happen to my daughter. As she tell me these thing, na so she come die. We come go report the case to police.”

Not guilty

Both the nurse, Ms Temi, and the alleged lover, Mr Chukwunakwe, denied procuring abortion for the deceased. “She came to me on October 7th that she has a venereal disease, that she was having discharges,” said Ms Temi. “I gave her Gentamicin Tablet and she went home. It was after some days that the police came and arrest me that I did abortion for Uju. I am a trained nurse and I got my certificate at the Falati Hospital. I did not do any abortion for her, I only treated her for a virginal infection and it is not an STD she had.”

Mr Chukwunakwe agreed that he dated the deceased, but denied knowledge of the pregnancy. “Uju is my girl friend and I have known her for more than one year,” he said. “She did not tell me that she was pregnant and I did not take her for any abortion, so I do not know anything about her death.”

Not interested in justice

Ambrose Onwozurigbe, the father of the victim, said he is not interested in prosecuting the case. “I want make police release my daughter dead body make I go bury her,” he said. “Her body dey for mortuary and doctors no dey to do autopsy for her. Wetin don happen don happen. E no good make she dey there dey smell, her spirit no agree rest and we want carry her go burry her make her spirit rest, so we want make police release her body to us.”

Investigations into homicide cases in the state are being stalled following the strike by Lagos doctors. A morgue attendant at the Isolo General Hospital, who did not wish to be named, confirmed that cases of corpses without autopsy reports have increased in the last two months as a result of the doctors’ strike. “One thing you should know is that detectives cannot do their work especially in homicide cases when there is no autopsy report to prove the causes of death,” he said. “Many people are just coming here to claim their corpses without due autopsy report because the doctors that will carry it out are on strike. So people must bury their dead, and I can tell you that because of this strike, the corpses at this general hospital have increased.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5637272-146/story.csp
Re: 18-year-old Dies After Abortion by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 03, 2010
REALITY101:

Homicide detectives at Panti, Yaba, have began investigation into the death of a teenager, Uju Onwuzuruigbe, who allegedly died from complications arising from an unsafe abortion.

Miss Onwuzuruigbe, 18, bled to death on October 22 at her parents’ house at Shuribu, in Ajangbadi, few days after an auxiliary nurse, identified as Joy Temi, performed an abortion for her. Her parents reported the matter to the police; and subsequently her lover, Peter Chukwunakwe, and the nurse were arrested.

The victim’s mother told her story. “Uju be my daughter and she is the fifth child wen I born, dem plenty wen I get,” she said. “But on the 22nd, she come home tell me her mama say her belly dey pain her. She come say make her I give her hot water to drink. As she drink and she still dey cry, dey roll for bed say her belly still dey pain her. I come ask her say wetin happen she say na stomach, but around 5.30 am she come dey shake say she wan die. I tell her say she no go die make she tell me wetin happen. Na so she come confess say, ‘mama, I don do you bad, na belly I remove.’ She tell me about the nurse, na so I come hear about wetin happen to my daughter. As she tell me these thing, na so she come die. We come go report the case to police.”

Not guilty

Both the nurse, Ms Temi, and the alleged lover, Mr Chukwunakwe, denied procuring abortion for the deceased. “She came to me on October 7th that she has a venereal disease, that she was having discharges,” said Ms Temi. “I gave her Gentamicin Tablet and she went home. It was after some days that the police came and arrest me that I did abortion for Uju. I am a trained nurse and I got my certificate at the Falati Hospital. I did not do any abortion for her, I only treated her for a virginal infection and it is not an STD she had.”

Mr Chukwunakwe agreed that he dated the deceased, but denied knowledge of the pregnancy. “Uju is my girl friend and I have known her for more than one year,” he said. “She did not tell me that she was pregnant and I did not take her for any abortion, so I do not know anything about her death.”

Not interested in justice

Ambrose Onwozurigbe, the father of the victim, said he is not interested in prosecuting the case. “I want make police release my daughter dead body make I go bury her,” he said. “Her body dey for mortuary and doctors no dey to do autopsy for her. Wetin don happen don happen. E no good make she dey there dey smell, her spirit no agree rest and we want carry her go burry her make her spirit rest, so we want make police release her body to us.”

Investigations into homicide cases in the state are being stalled following the strike by Lagos doctors. A morgue attendant at the Isolo General Hospital, who did not wish to be named, confirmed that cases of corpses without autopsy reports have increased in the last two months as a result of the doctors’ strike. “One thing you should know is that detectives cannot do their work especially in homicide cases when there is no autopsy report to prove the causes of death,” he said. “Many people are just coming here to claim their corpses without due autopsy report because the doctors that will carry it out are on strike. So people must bury their dead, and I can tell you that because of this strike, the corpses at this general hospital have increased.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5637272-146/story.csp

Eyah, pele o.

This is why some ppl assume Yorubas have high pregnancy rate, because our abortion rate is very low.
Re: 18-year-old Dies After Abortion by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 03, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Eyah, pele o.

This is why some ppl assume Yorubas have high pregnancy rate, because our abortion rate is very low.

kiss grin Whatever.
Re: 18-year-old Dies After Abortion by chicolity(m): 7:18am On Nov 03, 2010
ITS JUST TOO SAD, ONLY GOD KNOWS WHAT THE TRUTH IS, I DON'T THINK THE POOR GIRL CAN DECIDE TO DIE AND GO TO HELL. SHE CONFESSED BECAUSE SHE WANTS TO TO GO HEAVEN, may God help us all, sad
Re: 18-year-old Dies After Abortion by jerryuzo(m): 7:45am On Nov 03, 2010
It is a pity ,the girl killed her self.
Re: 18-year-old Dies After Abortion by Coolabbie: 8:19am On Nov 03, 2010
Wat a waste.
Re: 18-year-old Dies After Abortion by xty007(f): 10:06am On Nov 03, 2010
Poor gal,may her soul rest in peace.
Re: 18-year-old Dies After Abortion by manmustwac(m): 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2010
jerry uzo:

It is a pity ,the girl killed her self.
she didn't kill herself she died due to complications from an abortion

And in this country doctors are not allowed to go on strike. They shouldn't even be allowed to do so.
Re: 18-year-old Dies After Abortion by MaiSuya(m): 6:53pm On Nov 03, 2010

I don catch am already. Since when did gentamycin start coming in tablet form?

SMH. . .pathetic, to say the least. sad sad
Re: 18-year-old Dies After Abortion by Omolola1(f): 7:39am On Nov 04, 2010
What a waste
Re: 18-year-old Dies After Abortion by Surf2GreatnessTM(m): 9:10am On Nov 04, 2010
its a pity cha, Make them allow the parents bury, Na her parents no teach am of the good and bad sides of being a teen,
Dis na also lessons to young girls when dey misread themselves for flexing, Just be careful or if you must do, Be careful
Re: 18-year-old Dies After Abortion by amurx(m): 10:45am On Nov 04, 2010
she don kill herself

(1) (Reply)

Best Internet Service@sango-otta / 190 madness (pix Attached) / Pdp Accepts Dr.orji Uzor Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.