Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer (25576 Views)

Police Confirms Nnanyerugo Benjamin's (killaboi) Arrest / EFCC Confirms Arrest Of Cubana Chief Priest / Sanwo-Olu Unveils Identities Of Officers Who Brutalised Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2019
I don tire for this country
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by Kapeter(m): 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2019
Omojuwa did this. Wonderful
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by Yommiefish(m): 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
semasir:
Four police officers have been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for extorting money from a software developer whom they accused of Internet fraud.

According to Punch Online, the cops are now being interrogated for the act.

The police spokesman, Bala Elkana, noted that three other civilians suspected to have been involved in the incident were also arrested.

"We have four of them in custody. We have three other civilians arrested as well. Investigation is ongoing,” he said.

The software developer, Toni, had tweeted on Saturday and gained traction from Nigierians and notable persons who also had promised justice for him.

https://www.onews.com.ng/2019/09/police-confirms-arrest-of-officers-for-extorting-software-developer/

This is good. Read the thread on Twitter. Love the manner Nigeria Police swung to action. Long live Nigeria.
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by SenecaTheYonger: 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
Aderewah:
If your salary is 200k, you will work for 50 years before you can save 10 million. Is your salary 200k?

200k a month?
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by Kapeter(m): 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
GOFRONT:
undecided

Bushmeat don begin catch the hunter...

#ENDSARS
#ENDSARS
true that. Thanks to people fromSIAF led by Segalinks, Yemi Fasipe and all. And on this very Toni case, i followed closely, J.J Omojuwa pushed the button.

2 Likes

Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by obama30: 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
semasir:
Four police officers have been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for extorting money from a software developer whom they accused of Internet fraud.

The police spokesman, Bala Elkana, noted that three other civilians suspected to have been involved in the incident were also arrested.

"We have four of them in custody. We have three other civilians arrested as well. Investigation is ongoing,” he said.

The software developer, Toni, had tweeted on Saturday and gained traction from Nigerians and notable persons who also had promised justice for him.

https://www.onews.com.ng/2019/09/police-confirms-arrest-of-officers-for-extorting-software-developer/

in a country that see anyone with laptop as a fraudster what do you expect? even the masses believed that anyone that have laptop is a fraudster so is about the time we reap what we plant. when the issue of arresting and intimidating anyone with laptop come up last year i comment on this nairaland that police is doing a bad job, in this century everyone need desktop or laptop not android phone. If not my computer i may not be able to be importing from USA and UK, there's millions of programs that cannot open with phone. so Nigerians should change their mentality about labeling one with laptop a fraudster if not times is coming for Nigerian police to be going inside people room in search of laptop as if laptop is gun. i become a successful farmer today because with my laptop i connect the world farmers association and download and get all help i need and also buy some farming equipment direct from the producers. in this 20 century everyone deserve to have laptop so backwardness north occupied Nigerian police force should allow Nigerians to join other part of world in technology village and initiatives.

4 Likes

Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by ay0201(m): 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
semasir:

The software developer, Toni, had tweeted on Saturday and gained traction from Nigerians and notable persons who also had promised justice for him.

I pray those police men who use a blue and red golf3 along MKO Abiola road (ring road) in Ibadan get to meet their waterloo very soon. They are a menace to young innocent people. They must not see you outing on jeans or carry a back pack. God punish them all.
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by Charly68: 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
Police and their hypocrisy. Nothing is free in their station..even to write statement they will demand for money to buy Biro or paper.. I thought things would change with this change party but unfortunately it becomes more terrible .
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by Grupo(m): 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
Aderewah:
If your salary is 200k, you will work for 50 years before you can save 10 million. Is your salary 200k?

If your salary is 200k, you will work for about 4 years to earn 10 million.

Stop spreading ignorance and I don't see how relates to the topic.

4 Likes

Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by larex007(m): 9:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
Aderewah:

Lol.... That's not really
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by Xchangemadeeasy: 9:29pm On Sep 29, 2019
Aderewah:

You wrong... If you save your entire salary i.e 200k, in 5 months thats a million which means you need 50months to save 10 million and that is about 4 years and 2 months... Get your facts right...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by Hedonisco: 9:35pm On Sep 29, 2019
It's not about arresting a few of them based on loud outcry on social media. The authorities really need to come down hard on these fools by making sure that they have no business with ANY OTHER matter other than armed robbery and kidnapping. I know that chasing after perceived yahoo boys is more lucrative and less stressful for these bastards, but we simply cannot continue with this level of lawlessness.

2 Likes

Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by NkitaAla: 9:39pm On Sep 29, 2019
[s]
ola33t:
This place is a strange mysterious place, with different strange and weird NLanders you see here everyday. And how some monikers mysteriously disappear.

Still wondering how karnthornheart, docH etc disappeared.
[/s]
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by NkitaAla: 9:39pm On Sep 29, 2019
[s]
post=82688324:

These are the bad policemen all around us.

These are the bad belles living around you.
People who are envious of your progress and success in life.

Good Job by our Police Force.
Meanwhile....
[/s]
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by jaxxy(m): 9:41pm On Sep 29, 2019
lyricalz:
nice one, is not everyone that goes about with a laptop that's a yahoo boy, even yahoo boys sef don't go about with laptops. Nigeria police are the real scammers.

Nigerians police need to be educated on how to detect a fraudsters. It’s not anyone they see with a Lapy or certain dress code that’s a fraudster.
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:45pm On Sep 29, 2019
Good one, that's the power of the social media...I mean the good side ooo
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by studentofTruth: 9:45pm On Sep 29, 2019
obama30:

in a country that see anyone with laptop as a fraudster what do you expect? even the masses believed that anyone that have laptop is a fraudster so is about the time we reap what we plant. when the issue of arresting and intimidating anyone with laptop come up last year i comment on this nairaland that police is doing a bad job, in this century everyone need desktop or laptop not android phone. If not my computer i may not be able to be importing from USA and UK, there's millions of programs that cannot open with phone. so Nigerians should change their mentality about labeling one with laptop a fraudster if not times is coming for Nigerian police to be going inside people room in search of laptop as if laptop is gun. i become a successful farmer today because with my laptop i connect the world farmers association and download and get all help i need and also buy some farming equipment direct from the producers. in this 20 century everyone deserve to have laptop so backwardness north occupied Nigerian police force should allow Nigerians to join other part of world in technology village and initiatives.

This is what I have been lamenting. Nigeria law enforcement is criminalizing laptops. Everytime laptops are paraded as if laptop is a weapon for crime — a 21st century economy where the entire world is connected online. The nonsense has gotten so bad that the ignorant masses support them and now see anyone with a laptop as a fraudster.

I work for clients in Canada, USA, Sweden, Thailand, etc from my home. It annoys me when my neighbors mumble Yahoo Yahoo beside my windows. It's very crazy, but I gotten used to it. What a country.

Civilized countries are encouraging the gig economy and its benefits — less traffic and city decongestion. In fact, some companies in the US pay citizens to move to the suburbs and work from home. If there's good network and electricity, I would prefer a serene suburban residence to the noisy city atmosphere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by Viking007(m): 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2019
Aderewah:
I don't know why this is very funny. It's actually about 4yrs not 50yrs and that is assuming you save the entire 200k. My salary is close to this figure but what I actually take home after settling all the bills. God have mercy. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by ziegurf(m): 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2019
...this has come to what I said about how effftccc, or something have been arresting some guys who're doing their legits and these men will tag them yahoo boys once they found a laptop computer in their possession....thereby creating bad image about Nigerians allover the planet earth

...sorry sorry for Africans
in Femi kuti voice

1 Like

Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by otokx(m): 10:02pm On Sep 29, 2019
There is hope for Nigeria.
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by einsteine(m): 10:04pm On Sep 29, 2019
Sirpaul:
According to the United Census Bureau, 4 percent of Nigerians in the US hold the Ph.D. degree compared to 1% of the general US population.
17% of Nigerian immigrants hold a master's degree and 37% have a bachelor's degree.

Total of 37 + 17 + 4 = 58% of Nigerians in the US are well-educated graduates seriously contributing to their economy.

Nigerians in the US are more educated than the general US population.

I weep for Nigeria

That’s actually because only educated Nigerianss are allowed to emigrate not because Nigerians are more educated.

1 Like

Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by francisisking: 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2019
obama30:

and u dey plant and harvest with laptop through internet.... na joke I dey oh.
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by francisisking: 10:13pm On Sep 29, 2019
Grupo:

If your salary is 200k, you will work for about 4 years to earn 10 million.

Stop spreading ignorance and I don't see how relates to the topic.
he meant to say 100m, maybe twas a typo error.
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by SoNature(m): 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
Aderewah:

Salaries are not static
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by SenecaTheYonger: 10:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
obama30:

in a country that see anyone with laptop as a fraudster what do you expect?
Well, what do you expect? When EFCC arrest fraudsters, the first most common thing you will see in all their picture is laptop, all over social media. What message are they trying to pass across subtly? I knew that this day will come. They've implanted the idea that owning a laptop and a car means you are a fraudster.
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by einsteine(m): 10:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
Pictures or it didn’t happen

Better parade the policemen like you do to suspects
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by bulletproofmonk(m): 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2019
earnadvert:
Good

We sale softwares

It's SELL, not SALE

2 Likes

Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by lizdammy: 10:55pm On Sep 29, 2019
iamnicer:
Criminals sad sad sad

The worst are these sets.

Yes there are Fraudsters in this country,

But not all young youth are into fraudulent activity.

You can't keep harassing innocent people on daily basis, extorting people who work so hard to make their little living legitimately in this country.

These days you can't have a WhatsApp app, or an email in peace anymore.

You can't even have a mutual friend who stays in abroad.

You can't have a normal interaction with a foreign client who you legally work with as a freelancer , software developer or content developer.

Every nooks and corners in lagos especially filled with these people disguise in a mini bus, looking for whom to humiliate and steal from, with their fierce eyes , and heavy gun.

You won't have any option than to succumb to their terrorism.

Is a big shame ,

Failed system !!

Failed country !!

I hope the Nation Address this issues.

Which Nation ?

Joke Nation sad
You can't keep harassing innocent people on daily basis, extorting people who work so hard to make their little living legitimately in this country.'
On point!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by tyeenigga(m): 11:00pm On Sep 29, 2019
That doesn't stop the animals among to stop exploitation and illegal arrest.
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by swoopiness(m): 11:05pm On Sep 29, 2019
Aderewah:
50 weeks not years
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by uuzba(m): 11:14pm On Sep 29, 2019
Tekecoms1:
Illiterate police everywhere. When they see you operating a laptop the next thing is you are tagged a Yahoo Boy. Gmail boy ni.
But what do we do?
Graduate will not join police force.
So who will?
It's illiterates that join it and mess up the whole system.

This Nigeria is like a bus carrying people at full speed and nobody wants to drive it. Everyone removing hand from steering wheel it leaving it for bush people to handle. Definitely it will hit accident, then we all start blaming each other.
Re: Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer by emecheboy2(m): 11:30pm On Sep 29, 2019
Aderewah:

You must be very dull, you are multiplying 200k by 50. I wonder who taught you maths.
Rather multiply 200k by 12 months equals 2.4m., so it will take less than five years to save 10M not considering promotion and other benefits with spending a Kobo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Criminals Operate As Police Paraded Suspects In Abuja (Photos) / Lady Destroys Her Husband’s Car Over Alleged Infidelity In Ogun State (video) / 2 Nigerians Arrested Over $500K In Stolen Items In The U.S(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.