Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:00 AM

How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians (2796 Views)

Court Orders Binance To Release Names, Details Of Nigerians Trading On Platform / Cashless Policy Will Only Affect 10% Of Nigerians / Photos Of Nigerians On Twitter Calling For #endcrazycharges In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by rodgermetty(m): 6:42am On Sep 30, 2019
My name is Olujimi Metilelu. But you already know that. What you don’t know is that I lost my hearing, speaking, and walking ability when I was 10 years old.

In plain terms, I became dumb, deaf, and paralysed at age 10. Born into a family of 6 children in Kaduna State, I thought I was going to have a childhood just like every other kid. Well I did, but only for a few years.
My woes began when my family fled Kaduna State during the sharia riot in 2000. You see, the problem was not just that we fled Kaduna State; the real problem was where we landed.

The village.

It obviously wasn’t a good omen for me as you will soon find out. But how was a 10 year old boy supposed to know that his life was about to be turned upside down forever?

I got enrolled in a school in the village. And it wasn’t long before my brilliance started to shine forth. And no, it wasn’t because it was a village school. It has always been there. I say this with every sense of humility.
But then tragedy struck. I’m talking about the tragedy that will turn a 10 year old brilliant boy into one of the greatest dummy who ever lived.

On that fateful day, I became ill and was taken to a clinic. The sickness wasn’t anything out of the ordinary. I was attended to at the clinic and I later went back home.
I remember going to bed to sleep when I got home. Unfortunately for me, that would be last thing I would remember.

And that’s because when I woke up from my sleep, I saw myself lying on a hospital bed. But if that was all that had changed, it would have been a sweet tale.
But right there on the hospital bed, I realised I had become paralysed. I couldn’t walk. I had lost my hearing ability. I couldn’t hear nada. I had lost my speech. I couldn’t say zilch.

Deaf, dumb, and paralysed, became Olujimi Metilelu.
There I lay, wondering what in the world was happening to me. You don’t want to imagine how miserable I was trying to get my 10 year old brain to explain to me what was going on. But sadly, the more I tried to unravel it, the more confused I became.

I accepted my fate. What option did I have? I was hospitalised for several months. And my parents had to spend through their nose. And wished I didn’t have to put them through all of that. Not like I had anything to do with it.

After several months, I was finally discharged from the hospital.
I came back home a toddler even though I left it as a tt. I had to start learning everything all over again; how to walk, how to talk, etc. While other kids were at school, I was confined at home struggling to learn how to walk and talk and find my bearing. Simply put, the world left me behind.

We later relocated from the village to Abeokuta, and I got enrolled to school again. But school became hell for me.
Due to my condition, I was constantly bullied. In the classroom, I was thought to be the dumbest kid in the world. And that was because I could hardly hear what was being said or taught. And if I couldn’t hear, how was I supposed to understand? And if I couldn’t understand, how was I supposed to communicate?
It was under these conditions that I fought and finished my primary and secondary education and got admission to study Hospitality Management at a Polytechnic.
It was another round of hell for me. What could be more hell than being in the midst of fellow students and not being able to communicate with them?

Oh, there is something more hellish than that. And that’s being rusticated. Yes, I was rusticated. I was involved in a mass examination malpractice. And unfortunately for me, I was the only one that was caught.
I was rusticated. I was sent packing from school. I guess my woes continued. But this time around, I brought the woe upon myself.

And for one full year, I was at home doing nothing. But fortunately for me, something magical happened to me during that one year.
My brother had a friend who was into online business, doing all the internet stuff and making money from it legally. During that period, he had some issues with his landlord and had to temporarily move into our house. During his stay in the house, I stumbled on his vast volume of books and lots of Success Digest newspaper.
Out of boredom of staying home doing nothing, I began keeping myself busy reading his materials.

As I began reading all those stuff, an interest in online business was born in my heart. I even subscribed to Success Digest. I immersed myself into studying these materials.
After studying these materials for a while, I began practicing some of the things I had learnt. I began frequenting cyber cafes. I later bought a used Nokia phone that I could use to browse the internet.
That was how my foray into online business began. Even though I later resumed school after spending one year at home and graduated, but by then, the course of my life had changed.

What online business didn’t I dabble into out of curiosity? What seminar didn’t I attend all in a quest to lean more? I learnt all that I could and made all the mistakes that I could.
I made money and I lost money.
In all of these, and over the years, one thing I can now boast of is that I’ve learnt what works and what doesn’t work in the online business space.

Today, my joy is not just sitting at home making money online legally, but the fact that I have helped and I’m still helping thousands of people earn and make a living doing business online.
You see, I’ve had my own fair share of life’s challenges. But no doubt, I’ve fought through them. I’ve made some mistakes, but certainly, I’ve learned from them.

The things life threw at me; I’ve ridden on them like a warrior on a war chariot. Even though I still use a hearing aid till date and I still struggle with my speech, but I’ve refused to be unstoppable.

You can also do the same. Choose to be unstoppable. If I can do it, yes you can do it.

If you would love to join others who are learning from me how to generate income and make money online https://olujimi.com/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by johnbosco1620: 7:08am On Sep 30, 2019
"Don't let your background keep your back on the ground"
You rose against every limitations and beat every obstacle on your way to success.

Certainly, your life will motivate many, especially those who fill their pockets with excuses.

You should break more records, Olujimi Metilelu.

1 Like

Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by rodgermetty(m): 7:10am On Sep 30, 2019
This is word of wisdom...Thanks bro
johnbosco1620:
"Don't let your background keep your back on the ground"
You rose against every limitations and beat every obstacle on your way to success.

Certainly, your life will motivate many, especially those who fill their pockets with excuses.

You should break more records, Olujimi Metilelu.
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by oskaaay(m): 7:14am On Sep 30, 2019
Hmmmm what an interesting read and I do have a lot of questions and answers to get from you but guess that will be private.

Indeed no great man without a tale of downtime.

Keep soaring
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by blessingee: 7:16am On Sep 30, 2019
A story of determination to rise against all odds. Great guy, always impacting lives
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by rodgermetty(m): 7:17am On Sep 30, 2019
i feel posting it here is cool too
oskaaay:
Hmmmm what an interesting read and I do have a lot of questions and answers to get from you but guess that will be private.

Indeed no great man without a tale of downtime.

Keep soaring
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by rodgermetty(m): 7:18am On Sep 30, 2019
Thanks for the comment
blessingee:
A story of determination to rise against all odds. Great guy, always impacting lives
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by mahyorwar1: 7:18am On Sep 30, 2019
If you need an online job opportunity that can fetch you steady income just hit him up , that’s what I can say about him
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by rodgermetty(m): 7:21am On Sep 30, 2019
Never been better, the value will always be there
mahyorwar1:
If you need an online job opportunity that can fetch you steady income just hit him up , that’s what I can say about him
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by orijintv(m): 7:36am On Sep 30, 2019
Every great man has an inspiring story to tell. I am proud of you jimi, more success.
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by rodgermetty(m): 7:38am On Sep 30, 2019
Ride on Bro
orijintv:
Every great man has an inspiring story to tell. I am proud of you jimi, more success.
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by fasa2020(m): 7:54am On Sep 30, 2019
Thought I know you but I was wrong sad

Ride one on bro, you're an inspiration!
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by rodgermetty(m): 8:00am On Sep 30, 2019
Probably you do now
fasa2020:
Thought I know you but I was wrong sad

Ride one on bro, you're an inspiration!
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by Lazyreporta(m): 8:12am On Sep 30, 2019
I don't have much to say, but this guy here, jimi, has influenced me a lot positively.

Do not despise the days of little beginning..
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by dollarprincess(f): 8:23am On Sep 30, 2019
The first time I met him he putted me through on blogging second was Forex trading.. Indeed he is a great guy but when it comes to business atmosphere he doesn't joke with it..I have learnt a lot from him and will keep on learning..may your days be long Olujimi Metilelu.
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by rodgermetty(m): 8:26am On Sep 30, 2019
Lazyreporta:
I don't have much to say, but this guy here, jimi, has influenced me a lot positively.

Do not despise the days of little beginning..
This is good to know

1 Like

Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by rodgermetty(m): 8:27am On Sep 30, 2019
dollarprincess:
The first time I met him he putted me through on blogging second was Forexm trading.. Indeed he is a great guy but when it comes to business atmosphere he doesn't joke with it..I have learnt a lot from him and will keep on learning..may your days be long Olujimi Metilelu.
You shall prosper soon
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by Sollyoung(m): 8:41am On Sep 30, 2019
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by hammedin1(m): 9:41am On Sep 30, 2019
can i get your attention?jimi
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by rodgermetty(m): 10:18am On Sep 30, 2019
Sollyoung:
I wish I was as patient as you despite how I always teased you on facebook... I like your spirit bro..... Olujimi, jokes apart I admire your candor.. I could remember 2015/2016 how you help me with jumia merchant acct bla bla bla �.. God will bless you my brother.... Im one of your facebook troublesome friend, Olajuyin King Solly.
@kingsolly remain blessed
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by rodgermetty(m): 10:19am On Sep 30, 2019
hammedin1:
can i get your attention?jimi
Yes you can please
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by SJ4JESUS(m): 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
To every great man, there's a story.

You're a man of inspiration to me, I love your enthusiasm. Ride on bro.

My Advice, focus on what's to come and prepare for them.

Greater heights bro.

One Love!
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by rodgermetty(m): 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2019
SJ4JESUS:
To every great man, there's a story.

You're a man of inspiration to me, I love your enthusiasm. Ride on bro.

My Advice, focus on what's to come and prepare for them.

Greater heights bro.

One Love!
prosperity shall be yours bro
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by Kaykerry(m): 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
Really touching story... Really inspiring
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by rodgermetty(m): 4:07pm On Sep 30, 2019
Kaykerry:
Really touching story... Really inspiring
in this lufe, There is always a story to tell
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by royaldonpie(m): 4:10pm On Sep 30, 2019
illustration of grass to grace.
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by Gabson006: 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2019
A very big fans of you bro.
Just keep doing what you love doing most
The sky is your starting point.
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by rodgermetty(m): 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2019
royaldonpie:
illustration of grass to grace.
blessings shall follow you
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by rodgermetty(m): 5:12pm On Sep 30, 2019
Gabson006:
A very big fans of you bro.
Just keep doing what you love doing most
The sky is your starting point.
so as it is yours.

1 Like

Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by Thunday1005(m): 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2019
Knowing you was nt a mistake, my first cash out online start with you.

Planning to join ur fx group soon
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by rodgermetty(m): 7:08pm On Sep 30, 2019
Thunday1005:
Knowing you was nt a mistake, my first cash out online start with you.

Planning to join ur fx group soon
Good to know, more prosperity coming your way soon
Re: How Olujimi Metilelu Rose From Nothing To Helping Thousands Of Nigerians by Thunday1005(m): 9:42pm On Sep 30, 2019
rodgermetty:
Good to know, more prosperity coming your way soon
AMEN BOSS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uk Used Samsung Galaxy A54 5G / Dangote Feeds 30,000 Idps In Zamfara / Dud Cheque Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.