Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity (65410 Views)

Photo Of Otedola Shaking Ooni Of Ife / Man ‘arrests’ Nsukka Deity For Making His Business Fail (photo) / Deity Chief-Priest Shot As SARS Officers Arrest Masquerades In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by seunmsg(m): 2:09pm On Sep 30, 2019
Davash222:

No, there’s freedom of association. Besides, is the deity a ruler in your community? You’re not under any obligation to be a subject to the deity.

Don’t misunderstand me, I never said people are forced to worship them after they are transformed to a deity. People go to their resting place voluntarily to worship them. I’m from a royal family and I know for a fact that members of our extended family annually visits the palace groove to offer sacrifice to former kings from the family lineage.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Olysblog: 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2019
Who count the exact years abeg Oba tell us?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Daviddson(m): 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:

You believe Jesus turned water to wine? You believe Jesus walked on water? You believe Jesus died and woke up the third day?
Of course I believe this because I believe in supernatural powers. But atheists are not supposed to believe in the existence or possibility of anything spiritual or supernatural (despite it happening every day!) and it'll be turning logic on its head to do so by you. Are you not, because I know you're neither a Christian nor a Muslim ?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Kapeter(m): 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2019
Earthquake1:

So overbleaching Alaafin of Oyo is going to be turned into a deity?
where do you come from?

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Neoteny(m): 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2019
Heheh

"sophisticated" tribe indeed

This is idolatry, personality cult, superstition, myth, lies, deceit, and voodoo all rolled up into one primeval belief system in the 21st century.....
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by happney65: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:
Obalufon Ogbogbodirin couldn’t have lived for 500 years. Kabiyesi exaggerated that claim.

But you can believe that Noah lived 950 years according to what your bible wrote if you are a christian isnt it? grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by seunmsg(m): 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2019
Daviddson:
Of course I believe this because I believe in supernatural powers. But atheists are not supposed to believe in the existence or possibility of anything spiritual or supernatural (despite it happening every day!) and it'll be turning logic on its head to do so by you. Are you not, because I know you're neither a Christian nor a Muslim ?

I’m not an atheist. At best, you can describe me as a deist. You also need to note that my comments on this thread has nothing to do with my personal belief. We are discussing Yoruba culture and tradition here.

Btw, religion is not limited to Christianity and Islam, we have other religions.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by OkoAmarashy: 2:15pm On Sep 30, 2019
Earthquake1:

Why not?

If Amadioha can be hawking fan belt in Lagos, it's possible.

48 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by OkoAmarashy: 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2019
Kapeter:
where do you come from?

You're asking again?

He's from that place where they use slaps to wake their mothers in the morning.

20 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by useurkidney3121: 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:

In as much as you belong to a community with a traditional ruler, you are a subject to the ruler of that your community the same way an English man is a subject of the queen.
Can u stop replying that mad man pls

8 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by MKULTRA: 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2019
Davash222:

Okay. So, are you one of their subjects?
guy no make thunder scattered your left yansh you know say one just finish some cows for ondo

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by CanadaOrBust: 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2019
immortalityk:

Don't ask questions about what doesn't concern u
An advice

It’s a legitimate question. Almost all of us believe there is only one God. Who worships these other “gods”?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by immortalityk: 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

It’s a legitimate question. Almost all of us believe there is only one God. Who worships these other “gods”?
Ok
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by EmekaBlue(m): 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2019
Olysblog:
Lived for 500 yrs. Oba, abeg tell us who count the exact yrs?
no mind those fairy tales

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by MKULTRA: 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:

You believe Jesus turned water to wine? You believe Jesus walked on water? You believe Jesus died and woke up the third day?
my guy you still have time answering this lost peeps that have no history....you try.

14 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by OkoAmarashy: 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2019
Neoteny:
Heheh

"sophisticated" tribe indeed

This is idolatry, personality cult, superstition, myth, lies, deceit, and voodoo all rolled up into one primeval belief system in the 21st century.....

But you're from that barren land where they worship Idemili, Eke, Pythons and rivers.

No wonder the curses of idolatry have made you unable to be productive.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2019
lived for over 500 years.

Make una shot up. Are you telling us this total crap ? Una entire kingdom don baf?

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Frankiss44(m): 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2019
OkoAmarashy:

Why not?

LOL cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by jrusky(m): 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2019
immortalityk:

Don't ask questions about what doesn't concern u
An advice

Very very good answer God bless bro. Naturally so many Nigerians are just extremely too nosy to things that is not their headache in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Hausaman1: 2:23pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:

The Sango god miracle of tunder is better than turning water to wine, I think. I know African gods can do better. For I know a god that changes sachets water to eurujeje sachets gin, and the company is Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Seventy7kings: 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2019
Kapeter:
where do you come from?
leave that idiot alone, na Earthquake go swallow am for his room las las

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Seventy7kings: 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2019
Kapeter:
where do you come from?
leave that idiot alone, na Earthquake go swallow am for his room las las

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by isan(m): 2:25pm On Sep 30, 2019
Shut up nigga there are many religions in this world
Daviddson:

7 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Daviddson(m): 2:25pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:

I’m not an atheist. At best, you can describe me as a deist. Btw, religion is not limited to Christianity and Islam, we have other religions.
Deist? A synonym for 'atheist' I'll call that. Anyway... .
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by BRASH: 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2019
Lived for 500 yrs. Afonja and lies just to promote a useless tradition no be only 500, na 5000
GistMore:
The Ooni if Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi at the Olojo festival in Ile-Ife, Osun state. Gistmore reports

He recreate photo of Obalufon Ogbogbodirin who was the 4th king as Ooni of Ife, lived for over 500 years. After reigning for centuries, he was transformed into a deity.

He wrote;

See more photos; http://gistmore.com/ooni-of-ife-recreate-photo-of-4th-ooni-who-was-transformed-into-a-goddess

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by shineeye1: 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
And a "Prophetess" married him! Where did she throw away the injunction of not being unequally yoked? Beware of the clamour for worldly glamour. Truly the Master said, if any man or woman loves this world , the love of the Father CANNOT be in him or her
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Bbbwings: 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
Daviddson:
Don't look down on traditional belief
They are no different from yours

7 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:

Ignore the mischief makers

I kinda respect your tradition even though I'm not from the West

But I followed your posts and it was interesting and very rich

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by KingOdart(m): 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2019
Earthquake1:

It is not by force to comment you know

Instead of wailing in pain on what doesn't concern you

You are just a nonentity that his opinion doesn't count

7 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by KingOdart(m): 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2019
Long live the King

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:36pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:

Yoruba Kings are next to the god of their kingdom. On passing away, they are automatically transformed to a deity and worshiped forever.

Worshipped for ever and ever by you and your village people .
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by marvin906(m): 2:36pm On Sep 30, 2019
OkoAmarashy:

Why not?

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife, His Wife, Naomi And Their Entourage Stuck In Hotel Lift / What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People / Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.