Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity (65436 Views)

Photo Of Otedola Shaking Ooni Of Ife / Man ‘arrests’ Nsukka Deity For Making His Business Fail (photo) / Deity Chief-Priest Shot As SARS Officers Arrest Masquerades In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by BRASH: 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2019
Do u knw any whiteman that will buy it? We can make so much bucks from its sale. See money and guys 4 osun dey doll
Gideoniteprime4:
nigeria is rich in culture sha
that deity would sum up to like a million bucks
quite an antique
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2019
Ooni face our tradition
Leave all these Jesus alone
Odua is older than Jesus
Love live the king!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by KingOdart(m): 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2019
Neoteny:
Heheh

"sophisticated" tribe indeed

This is idolatry, personality cult, superstition, myth, lies, deceit, and voodoo all rolled up into one primeval belief system in the 21st century.....

Well it is unfortunate you are just a nonentity that his opinion doesn't count

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:

By their subjects. Ogun and Sango are two very popular Yoruba deities that are still being worshiped till today all over the region. Both were Kings during their lifetime. In fact, Ogun is the predecessor and father of Ooni Obalufon Ogbogbodirin that Ooni Ogunwusi recreated in the above picture.

In the palace of every leading Yoruba Monarch, there is a groove/shrine where former kings are buried. The people of the town go their annually to worship and offer sacrifice.
liar! Stop lying and misleading people on nairaland. Kings are never buried in the palace. Don't quote me coz I am a true son of ado-ekiti.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Neddstark: 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2019
500 years indeed.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by noblebaba: 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2019
Oonirisa ,olori gbogbo Oba alade ,,Kabiyesi iba re o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Gideoniteprime4: 2:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
BRASH:
Do u knw any whiteman that will buy it? We can make so much bucks from its sale. See money and guys 4 osun dey doll
hehehe
let us let us let the sleeping deities lie
i know fit for sango trouble
have you not heard of the story of the egyptian mummies?
the guys that tempered with the pharaohs corpse all died mysteriously

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by ogbonti: 2:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
Olysblog:
Lived for 500 yrs. Oba, abeg tell us who count the exact yrs?

Colo.
Mentality...

Who counted the age of Methuselah In your bible?

So because this claim is African, it must be lies.... I pity you

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by seunmsg(m): 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2019
Otunbascotty:
liar! Stop lying and misleading people on nairaland. Kings are never buried in the palace. Don't quote me coz I am a true son of ado-ekiti.

Where are they buried?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by KingOdart(m): 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:
Obalufon Ogbogbodirin couldn’t have lived for 500 years. Kabiyesi exaggerated that claim.

But you believe Noah lived for 950 years and Metusalah lived 960 years because the Bible says so grin

8 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by realmetrah: 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2019
just 500 years. who counted it in that century.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by etrouble: 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2019
Daviddson:
And you believe this?

I know you don't but you believed Elijah rode bicycle to heaven and that Jesus has gone to build a house for you in heaven. Inferiority complex. Go to Ile-Ife and steal nah and see if Ogun will not kill you.

8 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Kapeter(m): 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2019
OkoAmarashy:

You're asking again?

He's from that place where they use slaps to wake their mothers in the morning.
was only asking him maybe his ancestors have finally get to know thier origin. You know, they've been strugling about this issue for so long hence my question about where he originate from. They are just like ADOS(African descendant of slaves) in white lands, they are lost, they have no origin, they just know they are blacks and they exist. It's a sad tale.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by koolaid87: 2:44pm On Sep 30, 2019
Olysblog:
Lived for 500 yrs. Oba, abeg tell us who count the exact yrs?

Who counted for Methuselah

It seems you lot are foolish with your stupid questions

You can accept any foreign subject but question yours

FOOLS

6 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by jneutron4000: 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:

I’m not an atheist. At best, you can describe me as a deist. You also need to note that my comments on this thread has nothing to do with my personal belief. We are discussing Yoruba culture and tradition here.

Btw, religion is not limited to Christianity and Islam, we have other religions.
Bro leave that person joor, he or she is just winning you. You have done great job by enlightening him/her despite the fact that his or her intention was not to learn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Neoteny(m): 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
KingOdart:

Well it is unfortunate you are just a nonentity that his opinion doesn't count

Then why are you quoting me?

It's either one of the following:

1. You're sore because I struck a nerve

2. You're a busybody nonentity who's got nothing better to do

3. You're pushed to comment just so to assuage your feeling of unimportance and inadequacy

4. You're all of the above, and then some.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by amuwo1980: 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2019
There is some homoerotic streaks in this man , cross dressing oni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by BRASH: 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2019
Why u dey fear? We go insure ourselves 4 ijebu ode. Be a man
Gideoniteprime4:

hehehe
let us let us let the sleeping deities lie
i know fit for sango trouble
have you not heard of the story of the egyptian mummies?
the guys that tempered with the pharaohs corpse all died mysteriously
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Kapeter(m): 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2019
Otunbascotty:
why you calling him liar? There are certain places they buried the first lived kings of the centuries and yes many of them were buried where they built palaces today and it's true many places all over yorubaland worship their ancestors which are mostly in turn the first king of such communities,towns and all.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by notoriousbabe: 2:48pm On Sep 30, 2019
He lived for 500 years? shocked shocked Make una dey lie small small o because all liars will go to hell

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by ogbonti: 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
BRASH:

Must everything of value be sold? You come across as a prodigal son or at best a very hungry fellow... what makes you think there is any amount worth selling the Obalufon stuff for? Have you heard a Briton talk about selling artifacts from the Burkingham Palace?

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by KingOdart(m): 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2019
BRASH:
Lived for 500 yrs. Afonja and lies just to promote a useless tradition no be only 500, na 5000

But you could believe Metusalah lived for 969 years just because a book from your white masters says so

Just because your tradition is all lies and useless wherever you crawl out from doesn't mean you should project that on others

7 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by notoriousbabe: 2:51pm On Sep 30, 2019
KingOdart:

But you believe Noah live for 950 years and Metusalah live 960 years because the Bible says so grin
lived
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:

Where are they buried?
I said don't quote me. Just stop lying and misleading people all because you want to sound good or knowledged. There is a separate groove in every town where obas are laid. I know where that of ado- ekiti is located. It's a sacred place tho. I am a frequent visitor to ewi of ado-ekiti palace and no such thing exist. And so many towns in Yoruba land don't observe such practice.Some town might bury their king in the palace but don't generalise it. Generalising it makes it a lie. And let me school you again, kings are not buried in Yoruba land beacuse they are not human.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2019
Kapeter:
why you calling him liar? There are certain places they buried the first lived kings of the centuries and yes many of them were buried where they built palaces today and it's true many places all over yorubaland worship their ancestors which are mostly in turn the first king of such communities,towns and all.
oga! Kings are not buried in Yoruba land except baales. The guy is lying and generalising his lies. Don't let people like him mislead you. olota lule ado a gbe ooo Ase !!!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Edu3Again: 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2019
You can worship ur dead King or worship Jesus, not the two.

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by seunmsg(m): 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2019
Otunbascotty:
I said don't quote me. Just stop lying and misleading people all because you want to sound good or knowledged. There is a separate groove in every town where obas are laid. I know where that of ado- ekiti is located. It's a sacred place tho. I am a frequent visitor to ewi of ado-ekiti palace and no such thing exist. And so many towns in Yoruba land don't observe such practice.Some town might bury their king in the palace but don't generalise it. Generalising it makes it a lie. And let me school you again, kings are not buried in Yoruba land beacuse they are not human.

You are hyperventilating over nothing. I’m from Okemesi Ekiti and the groove where kings are buried is right behind the palace. The groove is called “Ile Ebora” and I’ve been there severally. When I’m in Ekiti, I stay in the palace so stop telling me what I know.

So many palaces have been moved from the original sites so it’s quite possible that the groove where Ewi’s are interred May be far from the current palace. It doesn’t change the fact that kings are buried in grooves near the palace and worshiped annually.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by misterjosh(m): 2:56pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hmmmm, I don't have much to say but... when our ooni ascended the throne then, there was news of various agreement signed with various companies to advance agricultural concerns in the town. Years have gone by, to the best of my knowledge no fruits have been borne from the supposed agreements signed. But I see a resort home that was rushed, hurriedly completed. That though might have brought minimal development to Ile Ife, I feel or rather know that if an agricultural venture, processing facilities of sorts had been pursued, it would no doubt have brought about better development.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by BRASH: 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2019
Ok. Oduduwalite! I hail o
Shango lived for 10000 yrs
KingOdart:

But you can believe Metusalah live for 969 years just because a book from your white masters says so

Just because your tradition is all lies and useless wherever you crawl out from doesn't mean you should project that on others

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
seunmsg:

You are hyperventilating over nothing. I’m from Okemesi Ekiti and the groove where kings are buried is right behind the palace. When I’m in Ekiti, I stay in the palace so stop telling me what I know.
you are still lying. The high chief arowa of ado- ekiti compound in ado- ekiti is just adjacent to the palace. I frequent arowas compound too. That's the only place where you find tomb of past arowas. Kings aren't buried oga they ain't human. Visit ewi of ado vast palace next year for udi uroko and kindly take pictures of the tombs u can find there and post here let's all see. Since you want to sell your lies by all means.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
Davash222:
Who transformed him into a deity
You
Re: Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity by Kapeter(m): 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2019
Otunbascotty:
oga! Kings are not buried in Yoruba land except baales. The guy is lying and generalising his lies. Don't let people like him mislead you. olota lule ado a gbe ooo Ase !!!
smh. Talking about centuries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife, His Wife, Naomi And Their Entourage Stuck In Hotel Lift / I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals / What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.