Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS (33761 Views)

Tinubu No Longer Has A Political Party To Run On - Farook Kperogi / Sunday Igboho: Ikere Ekiti King Offers Ancestral Prayer For Activist (video) / Sowore: Court Threatens To Jail Yusuf Bichi Over Failure To Release Activists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by jrusky(m): 4:03pm On Sep 30, 2019
Apc I guess you are happy now bah So this is the type of govt you enjoy bah? Nice one.

One thing is so sure and that is: Buhari will vacate Aso Rock one day I mean one good or bad day but just one day...............we shall see.
Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by Godi25(m): 4:04pm On Sep 30, 2019
The court order no longer has life just like the govt that was elected in 2015 no longer has life so it is controlled by cabals.... Naija @ 59, what a SHAME!!!

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by mustafa006: 4:04pm On Sep 30, 2019
Theasame masses he tried to fight for have abandoned him

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by anytexy: 4:05pm On Sep 30, 2019
jayfolarin:
Sowore's biggest mistake was thinking Nigerians don't like to suffer. They fucking enjoy that shit!

A people deserve the leaders they get. It's never the other way round.
And But we can protest for Tacha.
You are on point shaa

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by talk2maurice(m): 4:06pm On Sep 30, 2019
Abdulnur:
No be by force to become President na.

80% of civil wars around the world right now are as a result of calls for revolution.
You want to lead the people? Convince them
You cant force yourself and your ideology on us all sir.
Good day
Soware is not forcing himself on anyone. He is doing what your father should have done since.

3 Likes

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by Emotionss: 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
jayfolarin:
Sowore's biggest mistake was thinking Nigerians don't like to suffer. They fucking enjoy that shit!

Sooo true.
Nigerians are used to suffering.

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by madridsta007(m): 4:10pm On Sep 30, 2019
xristos:
- The Department of State Service (DSS) has said that the Federal High Court's order for the release of Omoleye Sowore is no longer valid considering the current arraignment
- The DSS also denied claims that it denied Sowore and his co-defendant access to their lawyers
- However, A. Olumide, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), who is holding brief for Femi Falana, Sowore's counsel, said that the defendant was denied access to his lawyer.

The Department of State Service (DSS) has denied claims that the publisher of Sahara Reporters, Omoyele Sowore, and his co-defendant was not allowed access to their lawyers.
The DSS denial followed an allegation by A. Olumide, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) who is holding brief for Femi Falana, Sowore's counsel, that the defendants were not allowed access to their lawyers prior to their arraignment on Monday, September 30.

The counsel for the DSS, Hassan Liman, said, contrary to Olumide's claim, the charge sheet was made available to the defendants on September 20, which is 10 days ago.
- DSS Liman also said that it will be a disservice to the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA) to say that the prosecution failed to allow the defendants access to their lawyers prior to arraignment. He also noted that the judgement of the court which the defence counsel had referred to in his allegation was made by Justice Taiwo Taiwo, pending arraignment.
Liman said: "With respect to the defendant's arraignment, this order no longer has any life." He also accused the defence and their counsel of playing to the gallery and using the press against the DSS.

Furious over Liman's submission, Olumide said his colleague gave wrong information to the court.
He also said there was no interaction between the defendants and their counsel prior to the arraignment. He added that orders of the court must be obeyed before anyone can come to the same court for other benefits.

Olumide said that it was only late Sunday, September 29, that the defence team, through the pages of newspapers, found out that Sowore has allegedly been served papers for arraignment. "It was also on the pages of newspapers that my learned colleague, Falana, got to know that his client has been 'served'. "They are the ones running to the media and playing to the gallery, my lord," a seemingly angry Olumide told the court.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that the DSS on Friday, September 27, stopped Sowore's lawyers from accessing its Abuja office. The counsels were at the office to present documents showing that he met the bail conditions for the treason and money laundering charges that were levelled against him.

Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1262075-sowore-courts-order-activists-release-longer-life-dss.html

Dear Sowore,

Sadly, you would remain where you are. For a long, long time— unless Buhari has a change of heart. Given the evidence, this is rather slim.

It is simple. Nigeria rests on a tripod. Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba. One can easily rule if he gets the support of at least two of the main tribal groups.

Jonathan got the support of the Igbos and Yorubas when Ya Ardua died. It was relatively easy to get into power despite the shenanigans of the Hausa/Fulani political elites.
Jonathan had the support of only the Igbos/Old Eastern Nigeria in 2015. The majority of his support. Of course he lost.

Today, the Yoruba political elites are the ones propping up the Fulanis government of Beau Harry. Of course we all know this. Once they pull that support off, you will get your release.

Unfortunately the support of the Yoruba political elites are still strong, so you are unlikely to get your release. The support of your Yoruba brothers and kinsmen is what has kept you in Jail. Don’t blame the Hausa/Fulani man for this. Once your Yoruba kinsmen— the political elites of Tinubu and his goons— make strong statements supporting you, you will be out in less than a week.

I’m sure you know this anyway. You are smart. However, it is important I write this so your supporters here stop deluding themselves.

Cheers.

6 Likes

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by tweakdude1: 4:10pm On Sep 30, 2019
I am disappointed. If you cant honour court orders in your country how do you expect other international communities to honour yours?
Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by Abdulnur(m): 4:12pm On Sep 30, 2019
talk2maurice:

Soware is not forcing himself on anyone. He is doing what your father should have done since.
My father should have called for revolution?

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by bunmioguns(m): 4:13pm On Sep 30, 2019
pissed off with this whole thing.... no respect for the rule of law
Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by Successdude(m): 4:13pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hmm.... I kinda see this as a justice system deliberately punishing the guy for his actions past....

You just can't wipe that away..

People should ALWAYS use their conscience cos karma is real.

There is a voice speaking against this man if u don't know.

Keep looking at it at face value nah

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 30, 2019
#hallmark OF A SHITHOLE!
Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by adenigga(m): 4:15pm On Sep 30, 2019
stevebond007:
No respect for rule of law...

Even the so called NBA is silent, no action. Well, they are d one defending and prosecuting. Law na business o!!!

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by BanevsJoker(m): 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
jayfolarin:

Stockholm Syndrome.
Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by Onyi90(m): 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
ProSongWriter:
Diane my love... Diane my Sweetheart, I love you so much Baby. You mean a lot to me. Baby you are dealing with me just the way DSS and Buhari are dealing with Mr Sowore.
Attention seeker
Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2019
BanevsJoker:

Stockholm Syndrome.

Word
Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 30, 2019
Protest is not the solution to Nigerian problem, we can try revolution but only if we have the northern youth on our side. Maybe if we can dabaru everything and then the world power come to rearrange this country, I don’t see a solution. Way it is even the north don’t want the south but their leaders need the oil money.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by 2LESS(m): 4:24pm On Sep 30, 2019
It is very unfortunate that a lawyer is defending this anomaly by the DSS. I guess it is all man for him 'belle'

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by desmond2pk: 4:30pm On Sep 30, 2019
Lilimax:
Someone is preparing so well to rest at the Hague when he exited office.
Jerry Rawlings of Ghana on my mind embarassed

Buhari would tell the judges at hague that he doesn't know anything about it.

Go and read his comments about all the atrocities committed in 1983-1985 under his watch. He said he wasn't aware.
Read his comments on the monies stolen under his watch at ptf. He doesn't know.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by Sheriman(m): 4:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
ProSongWriter:
Diane my love... Diane my Sweetheart, I love you so much Baby. You mean a lot to me. Baby you are dealing with me just the way DSS and Buhari are dealing with Mr Sowore.
See this Madman!!! He don dey Release Sperm under his Dirty Boxer
Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by udemzyudex(m): 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hahahaha, zoo.
Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by udemzyudex(m): 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2019
ProSongWriter:

Hope say this girl don reach 18years?
Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by Excellentmind: 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2019
Omoleye is paying for his sins; what goes around must always come around! Others will pay for theirs in due course!

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by ikubese: 4:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hmm!

Don't forget to subscribe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4e-CcBZYxg
Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 30, 2019
Nigeria is a very very dead country, if the leaders don't obey the law they want us to obey why should I obey any fucking body then...Total restructuring is what we need
Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by ideylaff: 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
Abdulnur:
No be by force to become President na.

80% of civil wars around the world right now are as a result of calls for revolution.
You want to lead the people? Convince them
You cant force yourself and your ideology on us all sir.
Good day

He never said he wanted a Seat in Aso Rock on the back of the revolution.... he only participated in that election to show the youth that its doable

he knew he could not win ... he did not have federal spread....

This revolution call/tag is not about Sowore..... Nigerians wake up from your slumber..... omashe oooo

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by Jamesilvar(m): 4:55pm On Sep 30, 2019
He is reaping the seeds he sowed in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by phineas: 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2019
Sowore was very irresponsible in the matter.His words on video and audio indict him every where.Locally and Internationally.His actions and words are punishable anywhere by law.The Goverment knows this.

At best he should ask for Or negotiate a pardon.If not Sowore has a case to answer.

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by Abdulnur(m): 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2019
ideylaff:

He never said he wanted a Seat in Aso Rock on the back of the revolution

No Constitutional provision said you must lead from Aso

.... he only participated in that election to show the youth that its doable

he knew he could not win ... he did not have federal spread....
You're not trying to sound like the spoke person of AAC right
You mean he was pulling a scam to raise money in the name of campaigning for a he he's sure of not winning?

This revolution call/tag is not about Sowore.....
Oh yes it's about Sowore. All those running their mouth aren't stupid enough to call for a revolution.

Nigerians wake up from your slumber..... omashe oooo
No country, leader, organization will demand the release of a person who called for a revolution.
No one threatens the sovereignty of a Nation and go away with it.
Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by Cameroonglass(m): 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
One question for sowore, Please Sir, who is Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS by freeman1010: 5:07pm On Sep 30, 2019
Judgment day on my mind.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Buys Groundnut During Inspection In Kogi. PICS / Nigerians Opt For Vpns Following Twitter Ban / Presidential Speech: Buhari Is A Big Hypocrite – Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.