Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

My Class This Morning In Canada - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Class This Morning In Canada (89241 Views)

Truck Falls On Carter Bridge, Iponri, Lagos, This Morning (PHOTOS) / Danfo That Almost Fell From Third-Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photo) / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by DMPaulSr: 7:43pm On Oct 01, 2019
Hadampson:

For where justwise and DisGuy dey grin

Seun suppose make you mod self.... U too much

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 01, 2019

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by berryace007: 11:18pm On Oct 01, 2019
Pls how much did it cost you in total to travel to Canada I need your reply ASAP
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by nlPoster: 11:31pm On Oct 01, 2019
I'm looking for a post where somebody was complaining Nigerians come home from abroad, spend money then return overseas, and they pity Nigerians at home but don't say it out loud.

I wanted to respond to that but I didn't note the moniker and I can't find the comment now. Anyone know where/who it is?
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by SOAG(m): 4:42am On Oct 02, 2019
OP reason us the koko steps how you take escape
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by maternal: 5:10am On Oct 02, 2019
nairalandposter:
I'm looking for a post where somebody was complaining Nigerians come home from abroad, spend money then return overseas, and they pity Nigerians at home but don't say it out loud.

I wanted to respond to that but I didn't note the moniker and I can't find the comment now. Anyone know where/who it is?

Believe it was me. Deny my comment.
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by KlausMike(m): 5:48am On Oct 02, 2019
Nigeria Nigeria! Smh ... it’s a sad case.. I personally have lost hope in my country embarassed :::
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Makaveli1166(m): 9:26am On Oct 02, 2019
this thread has been officially hijacked by some unscrupulous elements.....foolish Nigerians. spits***
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by CeterisXVII: 10:52am On Oct 02, 2019
HappyCanadian:
More photos
What are you talking about? This is similar to the lecture rooms of some private universities in Nigeria. Go to Baze University in Abuja or Pan-Atlantic University in Lekki, Lagos or Christopher University in Mowe, Ogun State and see fine lecture halls and classrooms. Stop talking like a village boy, who has just been to the city for the first time, please.

Mizwisdom:
How much did you pay before you curse Nigeria, did you pay N50,000 for your tuition?

Maybe you don't know that Atiku's University, Covenant, Babcock and Igbenidion can boast of quality facilities like
these yet they're not as expensive. As you have decided to invest your money in Canadian education what is the need for this backlash? are students like you not paying tuition in the universities I mentioned above? carry your negativity away from here jor
Exactly! Help me tell him, jaré.... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by CeterisXVII: 10:56am On Oct 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Mention any African university that pays zero tuition, don't forget Nigeria is in Africa and not Europe. I believe the poster mentioned that he's in Canadian university why did you bring up a European example?, let him also mention the tuition fee he paid, his story is not complete. Some UK universities cost as high as €30,000, why isn't it free? we keep comparing ourselves with the best in the world, failing to realize that these people colonized countries like us, they're world powers, no African or black country is a world power for now but don't write us off yet, we will get there
Thank you! cool

jaeyking:

the fees of a Canadian studying is about 7000 dollars averagely.
convert that to naira. its about 2.5million.
so what are u saying
Thank you for enlightening him, my brother....

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by CeterisXVII: 11:18am On Oct 02, 2019
CaseSensitive:
My class yesterday in UK, its no news that technology advancement, amenities and overall educational system in Western Universities can't be compared to the ones we have back home. I love that country to death but our leaders made it a dream killer for millions of talented youths. Congratulations though for getting out of there.
This kind of class is very common in many private universities, in Nigeria. It is nothing special. Haba!!

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by CeterisXVII: 11:21am On Oct 02, 2019
nairalandposter:
Guy, you are too much. I love the way you have been posting pictures of classes in Nigeria, to show the other side of the coin.

The truth is that in Nigeria, if you have your money, you can get the best education you want, in the best facilities available.

Visit that little Ausso Leadership Academy in Lagos, and you would see great learning facilities that rival other institutions abroad.
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by CeterisXVII: 11:31am On Oct 02, 2019
Fhemmmy:
While you might have a point, I tend to disagree sir.... Till the mentality changed, even if you pay a billion Naira as school fees in Nigeria, it will never look like what you see in those pictures for obvious reason of our lack of taking care of anything, Most black countries are just horrible with maintenance and that is why you will see a billion Naira home in Nigeria and you will shake your head.
Unlike in sane countries where people and the government yearly look for how to better the nation but my dear Nigeria people believes in “If it is not broken, why fix it”
Please sir, do not exaggerate. undecided Why is it that private universities have superior and well maintained facilities compared to public universities? Once you are prepared to pay good money for high standards, and you put the right people in charge, you will definitely get those high maintenance standards that you desire.

Have you been to ABTI American University Yola, Baze University Abuja, Pan-Atlantic University, Lekki, Lagos or Christopher University Mowe, or Augustine University, Ilaria in Epe to see their facilities? Even that small Lagos Business School (LBS) takes preventive maintenance so seriously. And their facilities have remained top-notch for over 10 years!

Their students pay a lot of money for tuition and those facilities are well maintained yearly, no shaking! Fact! sad

What you pay for, is what you get. undecided Private-sector led institutions, are better managed and maintained, than public institutions.

Yet, it is the same Nigerians that maintain it, o! shocked It is just the level of supervision that is different!

Even in Nigeria, go to Shell head office, Oando Wings Complex that houses their new HQ in Victoria Island, Stanchart Head Office all in Lagos etc, and spot the difference. They take maintenance seriously, and ensure standards are maintained.
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by CeterisXVII: 11:43am On Oct 02, 2019
pansophist:
So how can you explain other countries that have free tuition for their citizens and international students with better quality educational system than Canada (eg Finland, Germany and Norway) ?

Regardless if Nigerians decide to pay one millions naira per annum, the system is rotten. If Nigeria decides, it can provide this high quality level for its citizen for free.
You are right. Norway and co, have some of the highest tax rates in the world, and they use those taxes to fund their education to the point where their citizens don't have to pay for education. Go and check.

In Nigeria, the few taxes we pay are spent lavishly on stupid white elephant projects by our politicians, or huge electioneering jamborees or those taxes find their way into private pockets...

2 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by sync(f): 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
JJC
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by DexterousOne(m): 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2019
sync:
JJC

Let him enjoy the phase

Most Nigerians will be unfortunate to live and die in that failed country without experience of how a sane society should look like or how it feels

So let him enjoy his "JJC" phase

2 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Fhemmmy: 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Please sir, do not exaggerate. undecided Why is it that private universities have superior and well maintained facilities compared to public universities? Once you are prepared to pay good money for high standards, and you put the right people in charge, you will definitely get those high maintenance standards that you desire.

Have you been to ABTI American University Yola, Baze University Abuja, Pan-Atlantic University, Lekki, Lagos or Christopher University Mowe, or Augustine University, Ilaria in Epe to see their facilities? Even that small Lagos Business School (LBS) takes preventive maintenance so seriously. And their facilities have remained top-notch for over 10 years!

Their students pay a lot of money for tuition and those facilities are well maintained yearly, no shaking! Fact! sad

What you pay for, is what you get. undecided Private-sector led institutions, are better managed and maintained, than public institutions.

Yet, it is the same Nigerians that maintain it, o! shocked It is just the level of supervision that is different!

Even in Nigeria, go to Shell head office, Oando Wings Complex that houses their new HQ in Victoria Island, Stanchart Head Office all in Lagos etc, and spot the difference. They take maintenance seriously, and ensure standards are maintained.

Bros, show me the pictures of those schools and offices mentioned in your write ups because i have NOT seen them neither have i been there, so show me some pictures and let us analyze together
By the way, i never said NONE is ok in Nigeria but if 99.9% is pathetic then, it means most is just pathetic and mind you, i am not proud of how horrible things are in Nigeria, all i am saying is that till we are honest and say enough is enough, we will keep going around in circle.
Nigeria is in trouble and till we take the power away from people that don't give a damn, this will continue, imagine a nation where the president have to travel out of his own country for medical checkup, don't you think such country already failed? Or a nation where almost all the kids of those that matters are schooling out of the country and you making the father of such kids to be the minister of education, what can he or she minister?
Show me some pictures and we will take it from there.

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Fhemmmy: 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2019
DexterousOne:

Let him enjoy the phase

Most Nigerians will be unfortunate to live and die in that failed country without experience of how a sane society should look like or how it feels

So let him enjoy his "JJC" phase

Bros that is fact right there, but let me even add that some of those that have seen what sanity looks like still come back to embrace insanity, like most of the so called leaders
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by nlPoster: 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2019
Fhemmmy:

Bros, show me the pictures of those schools and offices mentioned in your write ups because i have NOT seen them neither have i been there, so show me some pictures and let us analyze together
By the way, i never said NONE is ok in Nigeria but if 99.9% is pathetic then, it means most is just pathetic and mind you, i am not proud of how horrible things are in Nigeria, all i am saying is that till we are honest and say enough is enough, we will keep going around in circle.
Nigeria is in trouble and till we take the power away from people that don't give a damn, this will continue, imagine a nation where the president have to travel out of his own country for medical checkup, don't you think such country already failed? Or a nation where almost all the kids of those that matters are schooling out of the country and you making the father of such kids to be the minister of education, what can he or she minister?

The issue is not necessarily the pictures, but the fact one would expect the op and those who agree with him, to know they should expect quality service or whatever they are looking for, considering the amount they paid as well as the effort to travel abroad.

The pictures he showed are duplicated in countless places across the globe, including Nigeria, even if the Nigerian ones are insufficient for the population.

4 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Hadampson(m): 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2019
salford1:

grin grin
Our honourable

Yes oh

The boss himself grin
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Hadampson(m): 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2019
DMPaulSr:

Seun suppose make you mod self.... U too much

Lol grin grin
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Fhemmmy: 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2019
nairalandposter:

The issue is not necessarily the pictures, but the fact one would expect the op and those who agree with him, to know they should expect quality service or whatever they are looking for, considering the amount they paid as well as the effort to travel abroad.

The pictures he showed are duplicated in countless places across the globe, including Nigeria, even if the Nigerian ones are insufficient for the population.

[b]This type of argument always make to laugh, we need to learn to be objective in how we look at things.
Someone that reside in Nigeria is paid in Naira and spend in Naira while someone that reside in Canada is Canada is pain in $ and spend in $, we can't be doing the conversion to determine the cost and use that to value the cost of education, when you doing that, then location is lost somewhere along the line.
The thing here is this, allow the universities in Nigeria to collect millions in tuition, they will still NOT be able to maintain what they have and that is the problem.
How much is Nigerian government realizing per day and have they been able to manage it well and maintain what is essential?
How much is the NPA making per year and yet they are still doing paper signing across the table ?
How much is the budget of education in Nigeria compared to cost of buying vehicles for the lawmakers?
The issue here is what is of importance and AGAIN, i say we suck in management as well as maintenance and has nothing to do with cost of education. . . .Someone that can't be trusted in something little can't be trusted in something big[/b]

4 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by CeterisXVII: 11:20am On Oct 03, 2019
Fhemmmy:

I should show you pictures? Don't you have access to the internet? Look them up. shocked

The problem is that some of you ' diasporean' Nigerians are so out of touch with current events and developments in Nigeria, that when you start your usual bad-mouthing of the country because you are unable to offer constructive solutions, you end up sounding funny. undecided

Those of us on ground in Naija, can see the reality and the places where things are working here, in the private sector.

The people building and maintaining these things are Nigerians, they don't have 2 heads. How come they are able to maintain the buildings beautifully for private sector conglomerates, but they cannot do it on other sectors? sad

It is just focus, funding, and supervision.

The President travels abroad because he feels like doing so, and he has state funds at his disposal to do so. He could have spent the money fixing hospitals here, if he wanted.

Didn't his wife Aisha also say the same thing last year, that she wanted to do an x-ray, but the State House medical clinic lacked a functional unit?

The doctors there told her to go abroad and do it. Imagine! The amount of money that would have been wasted. She refused and later went to a private hospital in Abuja to do it.

In this same country where public hospitals are not functioning well, we have the Reddington hospitals, St.Nicholas hospitals, Lagoon hospitals, Babcock Tristate Medical Centre, doing well and breaking new grounds even though they are highly expensive.

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by CeterisXVII: 11:27am On Oct 03, 2019
nairalandposter:

Thank you! shocked Sometimes, I feel some people just leave their overcrowded shanty communities, and go straight abroad, without even bothering to look at other parts of the country and see what is going on there.

That is why they are gobsmacked and left in awe, whenever they see some decent apartments abroad, forgetting that if you pay the same kind of money you are paying abroad right here, you would get similar levels of comfort and furnishings.

Then they rush to condemn Nigeria instead of offering constructive solutions. Just siddon dey look dem...!

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Fhemmmy: 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2019
CeterisXVII:

I should show you pictures? Don't you have access to the internet? Look them up. shocked

The problem is that some of you ' diasporean' Nigerians are so out of touch with current events and developments in Nigeria, that when you start your usual bad-mouthing of the country because you are unable to offer constructive solutions, you end up sounding funny. undecided

Those of us on ground in Naija, can see the reality and the places where things are working here, in the private sector.

The people building and maintaining these things are Nigerians, they don't have 2 heads. How come they are able to maintain the buildings beautifully for private sector conglomerates, but they cannot do it on other sectors? sad

It is just focus, funding, and supervision.

The President travels abroad because he feels like doing so, and he has state funds at his disposal to do so. He could have spent the money fixing hospitals here, if he wanted.

Didn't his wife Aisha also say the same thing last year, that she wanted to do an x-ray, but the State House medical clinic lacked a functional unit?

The doctors there told her to go abroad and do it. Imagine! The amount of money that would have been wasted. She refused and later went to a private hospital in Abuja to do it.

In this same country where public hospitals are not functioning well, we have the Reddington hospitals, St.Nicholas hospitals, Lagoon hospitals, Babcock Tristate Medical Centre, doing well and breaking new grounds even though they are highly expensive.

[b]When i read your comment/response, i was a little confused because the first part of your message was like "All is working well" while the later part is complaining like me and the rest are doing that things are NOT working in Nigeria, You called it running down the country Nigeria while anyone that knows that Nigeria should better than where it is will be be upset and speak up.

Are you aware that China just celebrated 70 years while we just did 59 years and yet, China is NOT a nation that will speak and the world will pretend NOT to hear, while Nigeria is still depending on aids all over the place, China is financing the world while Nigeria is borrowing money left, right and center but yet you think Nigerians in abroad are just making noise . . .Meaning China is only 11 years older than us cry.

Bros, Nigeria has ALL it takes to be a great nation but our foolishness and dumbness in electing leaders will NEVER allowed it.

For your information, i was just in Nigeria and what i saw was nothing to write home about, what i saw was a shame for a nation with such resources, population and wealth, what i saw is a shame to be called a home despite all we have and can do, and that is to tell you that, i am not making assumptions based on what i see on the internet

Can i ask you what and what is involved in maintenance of a facility because it seems like just sweeping and moping is what you allay to be it sir.

2 Likes

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by CeterisXVII: 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2019
Fhemmmy:

[b]When i read your comment/response, i was a little confused because the first part of your message was like "All is working well" while the later part is complaining like me and the rest are doing that things are NOT working in Nigeria, You called it running down the country Nigeria while anyone that knows that Nigeria should better than where it is will be be upset and speak up.
Are you aware that China just celebrated 70 years while we just did 59 years and yet, China is NOT a nation that will speak and the world will pretend NOT to hear, while Nigeria is still depending on aids all over the place, China is financing the world while Nigeria is borrowing money left, right and center but yet you think Nigerians in abroad are just making noise.
Bros, Nigeria has ALL it takes to be a great nation but our foolishness and dumbness in electing leaders will NEVER allowed it.
For your information, i was just in Nigeria and what i saw was nothing to write home about, what i saw was a shame for a nation with such resources, population and wealth, what i saw is a shame to be called a home despite all we have and can do, and that is to tell you that, i am not making assumptions based on what i see on the internet
Can i ask you what and what is involved in maintenance of a facility because it seems like just sweeping and moping is what you allay to be it sir.[/b]

You were just in Nigeria? Really? shocked And what part of Nigeria were you in? Because you are totally unfamiliar with most of the developments in Nigeria going by the statements you have been making here.

You lot stay in your enclaves abroad, constantly disparaging Nigeria and dragging her through the mud, with no single constructive solution to offer....either in writing, or by doing.

Meanwhile, we have Nigerians who live here at home daily, breaking their backs to earn a living, to contribute tangibly, to make their environment better, than they found it. And get no thanks for it.

There are Nigerians carrying out preventive maintenance on a daily basis, in high-end projects and buildings, doing HVAC work, fabrication, pressure testing, structural checks etc, and you sit behind your keyboard to spew invectives on Nigeria, because that is all you are good at. undecided

Visit Eko Atlantic City and see what full-blooded Nigerians are doing there daily.

Visit Tristate Heart and Vascular Centre, in Babcock and see heart specialists putting their talent, brains and energy at work to save lives, while you just go around dissing everything you see about Nigeria, because you are too lazy to put one finger of effort down, to do your bit to improve her lot! sad

Go to a company like Nestoil where one man has invested millions employing over 1,500 Nigerians, and has built a world class facility that is maintained solely by Nigerians.

Or is it LADOL, we should talk about that fabricated the Samsung carrier for the Engine project? Google it, if you can.

We know your type. Chief Complainers Ministry Incorporated, with no constructive solution, to offer. Una well done. You never see anything good to say about your country, except to run it down.

One day, you will get a medal for all your continuous insults and vile unleashed against your country....

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Fhemmmy: 2:50pm On Oct 03, 2019
CeterisXVII:

You were just in Nigeria? Really? shocked And what part of Nigeria were you in? Because you are totally unfamiliar with most of the developments in Nigeria going by the statements you have been making here.

Development indeed.
A nation that is 59 years old can't boast of 10 hours of constant electricity in one day, you can't relax without hearing the noise of generator all over the place and yet you call that development?
The potholes on the street of Nigeria are enough to abort the pregnancy of 8 months term and you telling me about development?
The roads are so horrible and drainage are nothing to talk about, thus any little rain, people gives up.
You mentioning projects that are as random as how to define random.
So in your wildest dream, Nigeria is developing at per with her age and resources?
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Fhemmmy: 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2019
CeterisXVII:

You lot stay in your enclaves abroad, constantly disparaging Nigeria and dragging her through the mud, with no single constructive solution to offer....either in writing, or by doing.

Not true again, there are so many solutions that can be suggested but do the government really want such solutions because that will surely stop them from being able to steal.
Start with the policing, because with good policing in Nigeria and non corrupt officials, Nigeria will change in a hurry, but wait a minute, how do you tell the police officer to not collect 200# bribe when your senators, governors and the presidents are stealing in billions
How about the government just fix the issue of electricity once and for all and then, we can start to talk of development, there is NO nation under the sun can be developed without constant electricity, it insane for any project to have to depend on generator, it is just not economical and it is foolish.
that is just 2 things that should NOT be a brainier but then, in Nigeria it is because we have set of ;leaders that can't lead or don't want to lead but steal
Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Fhemmmy: 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Meanwhile, we have Nigerians who live here at home daily, breaking their backs to earn a living, to contribute tangibly, to make their environment better, than they found it. And get no thanks for it.

There are Nigerians carrying out preventive maintenance on a daily basis, in high-end projects and buildings, doing HVAC work, fabrication, pressure testing, structural checks etc, and you sit behind your keyboard to spew invectives on Nigeria, because that is all you are good at. undecided

If that is what maintenance means to you, then, i just realize that i have been wasting my time discussing with you, how do you hold your people or government responsible when you don't even know what to expect from them. . . Mind you, as a Nigerian either behind the screen or keyboard or on the street of Lagos carrying placard, we deserve better and asking for better and till people like you realize that Nigeria is a sick nation, healing procedure won't and can't start,

1 Like

Re: My Class This Morning In Canada by Fhemmmy: 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Visit Eko Atlantic City and see what full-blooded Nigerians are doing there daily.

Visit Tristate Heart and Vascular Centre, in Babcock and see heart specialists putting their talent, brains and energy at work to save lives, while you just go around dissing everything you see about Nigeria, because you are too lazy to put one finger of effort down, to do your bit to improve her lot! sad

Go to a company like Nestoil where one man has invested millions employing over 1,500 Nigerians, and has built a world class facility that is maintained solely by Nigerians.

Or is it LADOL, we should talk about that fabricated the Samsung carrier for the Engine project? Google it, if you can.

For a nation as big and wealthy as Nigeria, what an achievement to be able to name hand full of facilities that are built and yet won't be maintained . . . Kudos to the man that invested millions and employed so many people, however, put on your thinking cap please stop the sentiment, can you imagine how much the same man is spending yearly on operating cost on the following:

Gas to operate the generator
Health of his employees

And please for once stop and reason how many people such will employ if the government do the right thing and provide constant light for the people . . . . Have you ever for one imagine how many factories and companies will be built in Nigeria if we have light?

Have you ever for once sat and imagine the cost of lighting up the airports in Nigeria, and just think of what can be done with such amount if there was constant electricity?
Nigeria is sick nation with backward thinkers as leader. . . .We have all we need and all it takes to have 24 hours, 365 days electricity in Nigeria, but due to the wickedness of the people you supporting, we might never see light in your generation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Security Stops Vehicles With Passengers Hidden Among Animals In Kaduna (Photos) / New BRT Seating Arrangement As Lagos Eases Lockdown On Monday (Video) / Pls Which Country Can I Travel To With ₦1.5 Million To Hustle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.